User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default socionics most common marriage for relations?

What is the most common pairing for this relation?

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

duals

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Most common relations for marriages is probably Benefit, Mirage, and Semi-Duality. Even though in Filatova's study Duality relations are shown as the most common in marriage, I haven't seen this personally among many friends who married and my own extended family. There are some Dual marriages out there but not many. Often it's difficult for duals to find one another and bridge the distance due to differences in their base function interests (how often does an extraverted sensor come by an introverted intuitive on their regular active day?). It's much easier to find your Beneficiary or Benefactor ("benefit" is frequent in friendships), as well as Mirage as the split between base functions isn't as large here, and Semi-Dual is sometimes easier to relate to and build a friendship with. Supervision is also another common relationship type but it's less comfortable, especially for the supervisee, than these other three relations. Extinguishment types also often experience an attraction and fascination with each other, however, romantically these relationships are fragile and don't last very long.

Socionics Type and Intertype Relations Marriage Statistics by Filatova

Total: 77 Families
    Duality: 12 - 15.6%
    Activity: 12 - 15.6%
    Semi-duality: 9 - 11.7%
    Mirror: 8 - 10.4% 5%
    Quasi-identity: 7 - 9.1%
    Benefit/Request: 6 - 7.8%
    Audit/Supervision: 5 - 6.5%
    Contrary/Extinguishment: 4 - 5.2%
    Conflict: 4 - 5.2%
    Business: 3 - 3.9%
    Superego: 3 - 3.9%
    Mirage: 2 - 2.6%
    Kindred: 1 - 1.3%
    Identical: 1 - 1.3%
    Likes lowcal, highlander, Masokissed liked this post

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It would be interesting to see, by relations, how many of those marriages lasted. And to predict how many will continue.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Most common relations for marriages is probably Benefit, Mirage, and Semi-Duality. Even though in Filatova's study Duality relations are shown as the most common in marriage, I haven't seen this personally among many friends who married and my own extended family. There are some Dual marriages out there but not many. Often it's difficult for duals to find one another and bridge the distance due to differences in their base function interests (how often does an extraverted sensor come by an introverted intuitive on their regular active day?). It's much easier to find your Beneficiary or Benefactor ("benefit" is frequent in friendships), as well as Mirage as the split between base functions isn't as large here, and Semi-Dual is sometimes easier to relate to and build a friendship with. Supervision is also another common relationship type but it's less comfortable, especially for the supervisee, than these other three relations. Extinguishment types also often experience an attraction and fascination with each other, however, romantically these relationships are fragile and don't last very long.

Socionics Type and Intertype Relations Marriage Statistics by Filatova

Total: 77 Families
    Duality: 12 - 15.6%
    Activity: 12 - 15.6%
    Semi-duality: 9 - 11.7%
    Mirror: 8 - 10.4% 5%
    Quasi-identity: 7 - 9.1%
    Benefit/Request: 6 - 7.8%
    Audit/Supervision: 5 - 6.5%
    Contrary/Extinguishment: 4 - 5.2%
    Conflict: 4 - 5.2%
    Business: 3 - 3.9%
    Superego: 3 - 3.9%
    Mirage: 2 - 2.6%
    Kindred: 1 - 1.3%
    Identical: 1 - 1.3%
    thank you for your post.

Is 77 people enough for statistics? I'm not exactly knowledge on that however, it feels but low. Why not one thousand?

The least likable interpersonal relationship type has to be benefit relations. This relation is completely one sided. It appears more ideal for a parent child or a parent teenager than a romantic partnership. I imagine how these relationships end is one of the partner feels exasperated on how they give and get nothing in return. One partner usually benefits from their leading functions but the other doesn't receive anything in return. I personally would not mind if that happened to me if I were the parent of a teenager but not for a romantic partner.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

If I had to add what is the most common pairing. I'd probably say Contrary, semi-duality, and business relations are the most common pairings. SJs are one of the most numerous pairings each making up 10% of the population which totals up to 40%. Now onto SP and SJ. The most numerous pairing would be Benefit relations,Supervision, and Mirror.

I always assumed the most common divorce types were benefit relations and contrary. I speculate benefits relations segregate for the reason I stated above for not receiving anything in the relationship. Contrary relations as Sulfit started are fragile and don't last very long. I'm not experienced enough on why other interpersonal relationship types may segregate. I'm interested to hear other thoughts.
    Likes lowcal liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    thank you for your post.

Is 77 people enough for statistics? I'm not exactly knowledge on that however, it feels but low. Why not one thousand?
    This survey was done in the 90s when very few people knew about socionics, so the number of families surveyed is very few. Socionics was discovered in the mid-80s, a decade later than MBTI, and hasn't had much popular appeal until 00'. It is also much more complicated than MBTI, so the number of laypersons who have studied it is much fewer.

All Natural! All Good!

@sulfit Nice stats!

Would you give better odds to meeting one's Activity than one's Dual?

I feel like I know a lot more LIEs than ILIs...

Activity, why not?! It has all the benefit of Benefit ( ), except in both directions!!
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

All Natural! All Good!

@OrangeAppled your parents are duals right?

How is duality like?
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Socionics
    ESI None

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    I personally think statistics are more telling than anecdotal evidence, and while I'm not invalidating your experience, we're talking marriages, not simply relationships, which sometimes don't last long, or at least last non-marriage relationships should be expected to last a less amount of time than marriages. So while it may be more common for illusionary, benefit, or semi-duality relationships to form, they might not last as long as duality, which might be more a marriage relation.