• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] What is TypeC's Dominating Socionic Quadra?

What quadra dominates TypeC's forum culture?

• Total voters

Cygnus

The socion (all 16 types) breaks up into four quadras of four types apiece. Each quadra consists of two dual pairs and contains the same four intertype relations — identity, duality, activation, and mirror. Each type within a quadra has the same four information elements in its ego and super-id blocks. This means that people from the same quadra share many of the same unspoken values. They can let down their guard around each other and be themselves without worrying that others will think poorly of them.

Individuals of the same quadra strive for a world where their four leading information elements are brought to the forefront and given the greatest freedom of expression while the other four are subdued and made to serve the leading four.

Informal small groups — such as friends that do something together regularly — tend to gravitate around a certain quadra that the greatest number of group members belong to. It is common to have "stragglers" — one or more people from other quadras that come along because they share a common interest and are willing to be a bit peripheral.

In the chart below, the order of elements is not significant. Note that all adjacent quadras share two dominant elements, while opposing quadras (1 and 3; 2 and 4) share no dominant elements. Click on the links to read descriptions of each quadra below.
quadra types
(see type chart) dominant
elements subdued
elements
1. Alpha ILE, SEI, ESE, LII extraverted intuition extraverted ethics introverted sensing introverted logic extraverted sensing extraverted logic introverted intuition introverted ethics
2. Beta EIE, LSI, SLE, IEI extraverted ethics extraverted sensing introverted logic introverted intuition extraverted logic extraverted intuition introverted ethics introverted sensing
3. Gamma SEE, ILI, LIE, ESI extraverted sensing extraverted logic introverted intuition introverted ethics extraverted intuition extraverted ethics introverted sensing introverted logic
4. Delta LSE, EII, IEE, SLI extraverted logic extraverted intuition introverted ethics introverted sensing extraverted ethics extraverted sensing introverted logic introverted intuition

The descriptions below are meant to hold true for all types within the quadra, not just those that have the elements shown as their first or second function. The phrase "X blocked with Y" means that two elements are always found in the same block of the socionic model of the psyche, implying that these aspects of reality are interconnected in the given quadra.

1. Alpha Quadra [top]

extraverted intuition blocked with introverted logic:
Types from the Alpha Quadra enjoy freely exchanging new ideas and theories as a form of intellectual leisure. They like to systematize knowledge and create new categories and speculative hypotheses without necessarily intending to see their theories tested or implemented (subdued extraverted logic).

extraverted ethics blocked with introverted sensing:
This quadra enjoys carefree emotional expression and sensory delights and is able to derive never-ending pleasure from simple things — funny stories, exotic dishes, family picnics and group outings, and visual and performing arts.

Subdued elements:
The Alpha Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of mercantilistic views, ostentatious displays of wealth and status symbols, rude and aggressive behavior, moral criticism, and people who suggest they are wasting their time on unproductive things.

Typical Alpha quadra group behavior:
Spontaneous, disorganized activities "for the fun of it." Light-hearted, non-serious atmosphere with very few "heavy" moments. Skipping from topic to topic without focusing on the implementation of conclusions reached.

2. Beta Quadra [top]

extraverted ethics blocked with introverted intuition:
This quadra encourages dramatic self-expression with elements of theatricism and melodrama. They enjoy finding artistic means to express romantic, abstract ideals and feelings.

extraverted sensing blocked with introverted logic:
Types from the Beta Quadra are drawn to hierarchical structures that increase their personal power. They like to see convictions and beliefs materialized physically in the real world. They are often starkly blunt in their views and like "strong" humor.

Subdued elements:
The Beta Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of earthiness, pronounced pragmatism, emotional indifference, and people who analyze their psychology and motives behind their backs.

Typical Beta quadra group behavior:
Lengthy, theatrical monologues. Loud, hearty laughter. Importance given to group rituals such as those related to food and drink. Displays of great generosity and inclusion, but with the demand of emotional involvement in group. Rowdiness. Generally theatrical atmosphere, but with periodic moments of "dead seriousness."

3. Gamma Quadra [top]

extraverted sensing blocked with introverted ethics:
Types from the Gamma Quadra have a realistic, materialistic outlook on life, relationships, and society and tend to view life as a marketplace where forcefulness, positive thinking, social maneuvering, hustle and bustle, and direct humor get you where you need to go.

extraverted logic blocked with introverted intuition:
This quadra believes that ideas and fortuitous events should be turned into something profitable and marketable — something that does some kind of work for people. The Gamma Quadra values self-sacrifice in the name of serving society.

Subdued elements:
The Gamma Quadra looks down on indulging in self-centered pleasures and in engaging in activities unrelated to society's needs.

Typical Gamma quadra group behavior:
Trading jokes on materialistic topics (money, sex, winning and losing). Rowdiness and drivenness. Prefer socializing in smaller groups (about six people or less) and planning and carrying out productive activities together.

4. Delta Quadra [top]

extraverted logic blocked with introverted sensing:
Types from the Delta Quadra value pragmatism, hard work, beautifully functional items, and earthy humor and enjoy "productive" relationships where people do projects together. They are usually emotionally subdued and like to discuss topics seriously with the intention of implementing their conclusions.

extraverted intuition blocked with introverted ethics:
Types of this quadra enjoy discussing people, internal motivation, and self-development. They believe in peaceful self-government without coercion and in the inherent potential of each human being for personal fulfillment.

Subdued elements:
The Delta Quadra doesn't appreciate high ideals or abstractions that don't relate well to real life. They also don't like large institutions or power systems that do not take into consideration the interests of separate individuals.

Typical Delta quadra group behavior:
Discussion of interesting facts about people and places. Enjoy group outdoor activities. "Live and let live" attitude. Engage only in "productive" activities and discussions. Prefer smaller groups. Emotionally subdued; generally serious, but with periodic funny moments.

So TL;DR, there are four types each that have a respective combination of 4 functions (4 types have Se, Ni, Te and Fi all together in this specific combination) and each 4-type "grouping" based on functions is a Quadra.

As mentioned in Alea's thread here, certain societies are in theory dominated by cultures based on the functions of one specific quadra. Same thing could apply for websites and I want your opinion on the Quadra fixation of TypeC.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
They all sound like dicks.

But interesting stuff. :thumbup: The Alpha quadra seems familiar to my actions.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
if you were SEI ISFp (ISFJ) that would be badazz.

Annoyingly, like all of the descriptions I've ever read, I can relate to much of it, but nothing is conclusive. I guess either there is a lot of forer effect around, I have poor self-awareness of what I am really like in a natural and habitual way, or a bit of both.

The only thing I could ever break down was that in MBTI terms I am probably not a thinking type, but if I was I would be a strangely influenced-by-emotions version who is unbalanced. When I get it right though I'll be sure to get right on that understanding of opposites stuff.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beta man, they all are beta

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The NF vibe is pretty obvious.

As far as Quandra goes it's a bit of a toss-up, but I'm rooting for Delta.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm told that the MBTI INTJ corresponds with the Socionics INTp (ILI), but I've always tested as INTj (LII). Is that common?

Also, I can't say I identify with much of the Alpha description, except the part about exchanging ideas. The group behavior sounds like torture to me.

Cygnus

I'm told that the MBTI INTJ corresponds with the Socionics INTp (ILI), but I've always tested as INTj (LII). Is that common?

Also, I can't say I identify with much of the Alpha description, except the part about exchanging ideas. The group behavior sounds like torture to me.

Fuck tests.

Assuming the INTJ is ILI INTp in Soc, you'd be Gamma. Gamma has a characteristic focus on individual sacrifice for the greater outcome. Gammas value efficiency, seriousness, success, and working to bring structure to society.
(Alpha - Quadra of Origination, Innovation, Groundwork.
Beta - Quadra of Order, Execution (of orders/plans), and Passion (Zealousness in cause).
Gamma - Quadra of Reforms, Revolution (seize control from Betas), and Changes.
Delta - Quadra of Stability, Maintenance, and Longevity.)

As a Gamma you'd hold Te > Fe seriousness, order, and productivity over Fe camaraderie and expressiveness. You'd value Se > Ne concreteness, directness, and fast advancement toward goals over contemplation of all possible options, exploring possibilities, or abstraction for its own sake.

Do you identify with any of this?

Last edited:

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you identify with any of this?
Ehh... not much. Hardly any of it, really. I'm not as familiar with socionics as I am with MBTI, but I identify much more with LII. To a scary extent, in fact.

At any rate, I may value efficiency and seriousness, but I'm no martyr, and I don't really care about contributing to society. As far as I'm concerned, society is screwed, and there's not much I can do to help it.

Alea_iacta_est

(Alpha is described as the "reformer" quadra, Beta as the revolutionary, Gamma as order-restoring, and Delta as stability-protecting.)
Theory of Quadra Progession:

Alpha - Quadra of Origination, Innovation, Groundwork.
Beta - Quadra of Order, Execution (of orders/plans), and Passion (Zealousness in cause).
Gamma - Quadra of Reforms, Revolution (seize control from Betas), and Changes.
Delta - Quadra of Stability, Maintenance, and Longevity.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ehh... not much. Hardly any of it, really. I'm not as familiar with socionics as I am with MBTI, but I identify much more with LII. To a scary extent, in fact.

At any rate, I may value efficiency and seriousness, but I'm no martyr, and I don't really care about contributing to society. As far as I'm concerned, society is screwed, and there's not much I can do to help it.

Have you considered that you might be a P instead of a J?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you considered that you might be a P instead of a J?
Considered, and dismissed. I've never been prone to self-doubt or second-guessing. Also, I don't think anyone would ever describe me as "dreamy" or "changeable".

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Considered, and dismissed. I've never been prone to self-doubt or second-guessing. Also, I don't think anyone would ever describe me as "dreamy" or "changeable".

Hmm, I don't think these are really good reasons to dismiss being a P. :thinking: I don't know if you're an INTJ or not though, just sayin.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I don't think these are really good reasons to dismiss being a P. :thinking: I don't know if you're an INTJ or not though, just sayin.
I know, I just mentioned them as examples of traits I've observed in a lot of INTPs. Anyway, I've taken the official test several times at various ages, and I've never gotten any other result. The J is strong with this one.

But this thread isn't about me, or even about MBTI! Let's get back on topic, shall we? Before we're all banished to the Graveyard. lol

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

You could be a poctopus or a joctopus. But we'll go with joctopus for now.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
System and Structure more Gamma,
Though mostly dominated by Deltas and Alphas.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NF overall, less sure about the quadra but I'm leaning slightly towards beta.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
I find a surprising amount of Deltas here, which is different from how it was in other forums.