User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is it normal to have a different MBTI/ socionic type?

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp

Default is it normal to have a different MBTI/ socionic type?

I have quite certainly typed myself as an INTJ in MBTI, still socionics tests keep typing me as an INTp and I have to admit the description are quite more suitable than MBTI's INTP.
    does it make any sense to you?

I have noticed slight variations in the definitions of functions, still I'd like to receive a confirm from people more knowledgeable than me
    Likes estorm liked this post

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

it happens but I don't know if it is normal or often.

Senior Member Array RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by teothebest View Post
    I have quite certainly typed myself as an INTJ in MBTI, still socionics tests keep typing me as an INTp and I have to admit the description are quite more suitable than MBTI's INTP.
    does it make any sense to you?

I have noticed slight variations in the definitions of functions, still I'd like to receive a confirm from people more knowledgeable than me
    Please receive my confirm that this can happen

Mainly to...NT

I am considered as an ENTP for MBTI and ENTJ for socionics.

So one says I'm Ne dom while the other system says I'm Ti. I don't really care as we are made of everything

More seriously, I think I can be both : I'm rather ENTJ and wanna control many stuffs in my work environment.

I am much more friendly in my private life with my friends, family and close relationships.

If I compare myself to my actual ENTJ date I'd say I'm not ENTJ
    + I get on very well with ENFP generally speaking, clearly due to the fact we wear the same glasses whose brand is Ne

I can recognise very easily J and P types. Mainly NT and NP's.

If I was ENTJ I guess I would not often think (unconsciously and many times) :
    "Hell, here this one does not understand me again ! They can't, that's all they can do !"

When most ENTJ fight for their ideas, I'm just trying to find another way at looking at the world.
    It works pretty well, they like it (if they are open minded), and it's a lot of fun

To conclude on my example, I'd say I'm much more aloft than what socionics say after I took their test.
    Maybe it has been invented for very competitive and work alcoholic people only

For me the socionics's description does not fit at all in my private life.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

A lot of INTJs are INTp in socionics.

Some say that MBTI IJ = socionics Ip.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

In MBTI, it was initially easier for me to identify with INTP than ISTP (hence a lowercase s in my profile), but in socionics, I found that ISTj/LSI Ti subtype was a better fit.

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

It happens often. Whether or not people are mistyped in one system or the other is an entirely different matter and is highly controversial.

Advice: Choose one system over the other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Yes, it happens to some, but it's rather an exemption. INTJ uses Ni+Te, your perceiving function is dominant, therefore you'd be a p in socionics and your type should be an INTp.
    @ExNinjaTropPervertie socionics ENTj actually uses Te not Ti.
    INFP
    Fi>Ni>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    EII-Ne
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

Senior Member Array RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Yes, it happens to some, but it's rather an exemption. INTJ uses Ni+Te, your perceiving function is dominant, therefore you'd be a p in socionics and your type should be an INTp.
    @ExNinjaTropPervertie socionics ENTj actually uses Te not Ti.
    My mistake. ENTJ has Te as a dominant function anyway. Right.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by teothebest View Post
    I have quite certainly typed myself as an INTJ in MBTI, still socionics tests keep typing me as an INTp
    Socionics 4-letter codes aren't assigned in the same way as MBTI. The last letter is written in lower case to signify this difference.

In MBTI the last J/P letter is determined according to the highest order extraverted function. For NiTe type, this function is Te, a judging function. Thus the NiTe type is assigned the letter J.

In Socionics the last j/p letter is determined according to the leading or first function, always, and for all types. For NiTe type, this function is Ni, a perceiving function. Thus the NiTe type is assigned the letter p.

From this you can deduce how NiTe type is called INTJ in MBTI and INTp in Socionics.
    What gets conserved are your cognitive functions, and not the 4-letter codes.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I do. According to me. Some people disagree, I have been told I have too much Ni to be SEE and have even been called ENFj in Socionics, but ESFp and ENFj are a common mix up in Socionics just like ISFP and INFJ in Jungian/Beebe related systems. ESFp and ENFj both have a dramatic bent, but ESFp is Gamma, more pragmatic, and ENFj is Beta, more socially aristocratic and obviously Fe. I would just be SEE-Fi, which could explain Fi dom in Jung.

My ENFJ therapist friend actually doesn't think Jung does people much good and prefers modern psychiatry, she's ENFJ in the best sense, and so is my ENFJ bestie from hs who owned her own design business and finished raising her younger sister by 30. I actually love a lot of ENFJ, they don't have the passive aggressive behavior of some INFJ, but I'm pretty sure I'm not one. It would actually make sense that sharing perceiving functions, being feelers, and having different social orientation would compliment and provide mutual admiration and respect.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post