User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: is it normal to have a different MBTI/ socionic type?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    I wouldn't mind it as much if everybody who typed themselves using the j/p switch called themselves by a completely different set of letters, to indicate that they were referring to a whole different universe of concepts. Instead of calling oneself 'INFp' or something, one would call oneself 'XQGK.' That way, no one would ever mix the systems together. I just really, really don't like the result of the j/p switch, which is, you get thrown into the opposite socionic quadra (I'd be an ISTj) and you'd be advised to marry your conflictor (my 'dual,' the ENFJ). Bad, very bad.
    And, I'm not quite sure if I understand your question. I guess, I'm not bothered by the idea of an introverted base function being something which is visible and able to be talked about. I'm capable of talking about introverted sensing, all the time. There's nothing hidden or invisible or undetectable about my introverted sensing base function. Every time I complain about what a horrible flu I have, I'm talking out loud about what's going on with my introverted sensing. If I recall, the rationale about an introverted base function was that it was somehow, in some mysterious way, ineffable and nonverbal and impossible to see and impossible to measure, because it was introverted, and therefore, the next best thing was to just grab whatever was handy, the creative function, which is extraverted thinking (for me), and then do some weird magic trick for no reason that I could ever understand, and say that since my second function is a judging function, I must be a judging type, even though I have no problem whatsoever talking about all the observations that I see in my introverted sensing. Oh well, I should shut up, I actually need to go about this a whole different way. I can't really explain it.
    What I'm talking about is that the J/P switch would denote that an ISTP would be an LSI in socionics because both lead with TiSe. The J/P switch is only relevant for introverts because the J/P letter in the MBTI denotes the nature of the first extroverted function i.e. all IPs in MBTI have extroverted perception as their first leading function which, in the MBTI, would make them perceiving. The emphasis is placed on the auxiliary as opposed to the dominant, whereas socionics places emphasis on the base over the creative.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

This shows if J/P switch is happening, and the conversions of MBTI to Socionics types:

MBTI and Socionics Type Conversion Polls

hEARTLESS Aenima Array Blackout's Avatar
    MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

I always get INFP, but I just took a socionics test for the first time, and I got ENFP.

Why is that? I don't think I'm an extrovert at all; but I took the test pretty accurately. I know, I know, functions etc. I sort of go back and fourth between I-E, though at times I think. It's hard to tell. Usually my introversion scores are actually quite high. Close to 1oo%

I honestly liked the socionics questions more; and they seemed somewhat more accurate to me. I think it's because in socionics my Ne is stronger then Fi
    Now, I ride the Eternal winds once more! And none shall ever be my master!
    The Silver Surfer

MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

INFp - Because of the influence of MBTI, some new to socionic's theory may ignorantly think that the correct way to switch between introverted and extroverted types is to simply switch an E to an I or an I to an E. This is not the correct way to switch back and forth between the two in socionics. If you are an INFp in MBTI with an emphasis on expressing Ne and Fi, your actual socionics type is either an ENFp

Hahah, i guess that means I am an ENFP socionics
    The Silver Surfer

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It might interest some people to know that my mom, sister, and I all type as MBTI INFP, but in socionics my mom is ESFj, my sister is INFj, and I'm INFp.

MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    It might interest some people to know that my mom, sister, and I all type as MBTI INFP, but in socionics my mom is ESFj, my sister is INFj, and I'm INFp.
    Why is that? so could I actually be considered an extrovert, if I wanted to?
    The Silver Surfer

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Why is that? so could I actually be considered an extrovert, if I wanted to?
    I haven't a clue. I was just reporting examples of the phenomenon.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

Totally! I'm actually an ILI in socionics but an ESFP in MBTI! It's kind of weird how it works. I think it has something to do with different definitions and orders and stuff. Yup.

MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Totally! I'm actually an ILI in socionics but an ESFP in MBTI! It's kind of weird how it works. I think it has something to do with different definitions and orders and stuff. Yup.
    But are both types describing the same person?
    The Silver Surfer

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

And, I'm not quite sure if I understand your question. I guess, I'm not bothered by the idea of an introverted base function being something which is visible and able to be talked about. I'm capable of talking about introverted sensing, all the time. There's nothing hidden or invisible or undetectable about my introverted sensing base function. Every time I complain about what a horrible flu I have, I'm talking out loud about what's going on with my introverted sensing. If I recall, the rationale about an introverted base function was that it was somehow, in some mysterious way, ineffable and nonverbal and impossible to see and impossible to measure, because it was introverted, and therefore, the next best thing was to just grab whatever was handy, the creative function, which is extraverted thinking (for me), and then do some weird magic trick for no reason that I could ever understand, and say that since my second function is a judging function, I must be a judging type, even though I have no problem whatsoever talking about all the observations that I see in my introverted sensing. Oh well, I should shut up, I actually need to go about this a whole different way. I can't really explain it.
    Right, you described this well.

This is a problem really for the ISxx types mainly. The thing is, it seems Si is defined differently between MBTI and Socionics. Whatever is defined as Si in MBTI, a lot of it isn't Si but Ji. Some of it is actually Si as defined but many people don't even notice this core of the Si definition.

So that causes the confusion.

Now to this add that in MBTI, some people type by functions and then some type by dichotomies (=the letters).

Even more confusion.

What I find funny is I've yet to see either ISTP or ISTJ people type as LSI in socionics much... they almost all go for SLI. Idk why. I haven't yet checked the pattern for ISFP and ISFJ, hm.
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko, Retmeishka liked this post