User Tag List

12 Last

Default what is duality like

?!?!

*edit
    nvm about the music thing
    Last edited by rawrcakes; 11-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Socionics
    ILI

Like being with someone who sort of "completes" you psychologically. You guard each other's weak-points and share the same values; ergo, duals feel unusually safe around each other considering duals operate in social spheres that are polar opposites to each other.

Some observations/postulations made by some Socionists about Duality:

• Upon first meeting each other feel like they've known each other their entire life in some subdued sense
    • Yet subsequently don't notice and can even ignore each other until direct social contact has been made*
    • Often don't realize how much they complement each other until they break contact, which is said to make both parties feel a sense of longing to reconnect and be around the person more (doubly so for romantic duality)

Duals are your energizers (that don't overcharge you like Activity relations). Being around them usually produces a pleasing psychological effect, a sort of ecstasy.

*This may sound applicable to any inter-type relation, as you generally have to talk to someone to see what they are like, but some relations like Activity, Super-Ego, and Benefactor (them) produce a mysterious intrigue into the other person without necessarily having interacted with them, perhaps by just observing them just a little.
    Likes Such Irony liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Lana del Rey is not an ENFP, she barely even smiles...of course a lot of that is self conscious reserve, I think, be cause she was this Jersey girl, if you look at her when she went by Lizzy Grant, it's really unfair how people call her this rich bitch, she's not that at all...she had that look and somehow brought it under control, I believe it's a very mindful thing. But she doesn't smile much and says it's because she's always thinking. You are one of the only people I have ever seen label her ENFP, usually I see INFJ or ISFP because her Ni and Se axis is so evident in her music and how she makes a character of herself.

I also think Lorde is the most obnoxious INFJ who ever lived and I can't wait for her to be 25 so she's not so lamely holier-than-thou based on nothing but theory.

And did you just call Lady Gaga ISFJ? Katy Perry ISTJ?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    [*]Often don't realize how much they complement each other until they break contact, which is said to make both parties feel a sense of longing to reconnect and be around the person more (doubly so for romantic duality)
    I definitely noticed this.

Upon first meeting: they seemed somewhat like a character from a story.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with a shadow type...
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by rawrcakes View Post
    ?!?!
    *edit
    nvm about the music thing
    have you read through this? it goes into quite a bit of detail about duality and what it's like: Video lectures by Victor Gulenko, School of Humanitarian Socionics

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Socionics
    IEI!

Speaking from personal experience, it's FREAKING AMAZING!!! It can be hard at the same time though. But GOD it just FEELS SO GOOD. Like you're on cloud nine all of the time. And when your dual isn't around, you think about them quite a bit (which is kinda annoying, but considering how good you feel all of the time, it's an easy trade). However, it can be hard to get to that point of dualization and there are a lot of 'bumps' along the road. But it gets easier the more experience you have with duals.

From what I understand, duality between socionics types ending in 'p' is different from duality between types ending in 'j'. Being a socionics 'p' type, I can tell you what duality is like for types with dominant perceiving functions. It's like a freaky dance of opposites and you kinda become rhythmically in love/obsessed with each other. When one person is loving on the other, the second person will be like "eek, get away!" and if the first person backs away, then the second person will start loving on the first. It's very dynamic. BUT... it can be damn hard to make it work in a romantic relationship. Since everything is SUPER INTENSE (the good feelings and the bad feelings), it's easy to just want to be done with it. But as long as you're just looking for a good experience and not trying to find the solution to all of life's problems through love and duality, you should be ok.
    Likes Such Irony, cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think I've ever been in a relationship or even had a friendship with a dual before. I did come across an ESE on a socionics forum and found out that she only lives 30 minutes away from me. I am an LII. We are meeting for coffee next week. I'm a bit nervous but rather excited. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I don't think I've ever been in a relationship or even had a friendship with a dual before. I did come across an ESE on a socionics forum and found out that she only lives 30 minutes away from me. I am an LII. We are meeting for coffee next week. I'm a bit nervous but rather excited. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Waiting in anticipation.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I might have a vague, distant idea of it.

I'm not saying I know my seatmate at work well enough to declare him a SLE, just that if he was one, he'd be a stereotypical example. There is an amusing mirror there that I've observed. The invariably Se-heavy stuff he is interested in openly, I too often share an interest in, but covertly - as guilty pleasures, ways I blow off steam between doing the things I usually do, genuine obsessions that I keep to myself because they're irregular and unrefined. And we listen to the same music all day.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]