User Tag List

First 234

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Si is how stimuli evoke an inner sensation in the individual.
    Right, so you could interpret that as "cherishing moments" and so everything is compared to cherished moments. But you could just as easily interpret it as a focus on the pleasures and sensations or pains of the sensory information, which would make Si doms the more likely to be hedonistic or pursue the adrenaline rush activities that many interpretations of MBTI associate with Se. Nothing I found in Jung's collection of works supports the first interpretation that MBTI seems to go by.
    Likes Himeko009 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Right, so you could interpret that as "cherishing moments" and so everything is compared to cherished moments. But you could just as easily interpret it as a focus on the pleasures and sensations or pains of the sensory information, which would make Si doms the more likely to be hedonistic or pursue the adrenaline rush activities that many interpretations of MBTI associate with Se. Nothing I found in Jung's collection of works supports the first interpretation that MBTI seems to go by.
    Hmm... to me it's like an "aesthetic", in the sense of being like the tone of something. This aesthetic is innate, and many things will evoke the same aesthetic complex, and thus have an air of similarity. And maybe there is something in the environment stopping the aesthetic from feeling complete, so then that thing will seem out of place.

Tbh, I am quite hedonistic. Though many people of all different types are. I enjoy an adrenaline rush, but I tend towards playing it safe (and if the adrenaline rush is through, say, extreme sports, this is not something I engage in because I am relatively unco-ordinated, and I don't have the best reactions). And for Si, what will make an impression can be highly unpredictable. Something that objectively seems pleasurable or painful or intense, may not have too much of an effect on the Si user, whereas something that seems quite plain may evoke quite intense sensations. I do think Si seeks out intense experiences. One example that comes to mind for me personally, is that while camping we were sitting around a fire. Then, someone came with a large pile of sticks and leaves and put it into the fire, causing the fire to become far more intense. Whilst everyone else had to back away from the fire because it was too hot, I, alone, simply sat there and enjoyed it, my eyes glowing like an imp :P

Also, one idea I've come across, is that extroverted functions tend to seek out pleasurable states, whereas introverted functions tend to try and avoid painful states. So it would make sense that Si tends to play it safe and not do a lot, while casually observing to learn what not to do, and to remove unpleasantries from the environment. This isn't really hinted at by my preliminary definition, but if it's correct, I believe it should be fundamental to the definition. Is it correct?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The descriprions of functions in MBTI and in socionics seems different to me. A little, but quite differents.
    INTP (LII - Ne, Harmonizing subtype) ~ 5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5 (sp/sx/so)

"My thought is me: that is why I cannot stop thinking. I exist because I think I cannot keep from thinking" ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    Is it possible for that to happen or does it mean I'm doing something wrong?
    This thread just pushed the 'Don't Get Me Started' button. Yes, it's quite possible for them not to match, because there are some insanely wrong methods of determining someone's type, such as that crap about 'if they're a perceiving type, then put a "J" on the end to make them into a judging type, which will throw them into exactly the opposite socionics quadra from where they belong. But don't do that with extraverts! Only introverts! That way, the duals will be separated from each other forever and ever. Mwahahahahah!' Just don't get me started. It is possible for socionics and your MBTI type to be not even in the same universe with each other.

At this point in time, the general public does not have access to any effective, reliable, accurate methods of typing every person accurately the first time. It would require some kind of hand-held functional magnetic resonance imaging device or something.

The world of typing methods has become filled with crap. The belief systems, the processes, the 'first do this, then do that,' the mathematical manipulations that they do somewhere in between to calculate what type you are - in the United States there's some crazy belief system going around which tells you to perform these calculations and manipulations that will give you totally the wrong answer and confuse you and everyone else for the rest of eternity. And that's not the only one that's causing this problem. The various tests phrase their questions in different ways that tend to mistype people too.

In the end I had to use socionics to figure out my type, by noticing that the people I had loved the most throughout my life were in this one particular quadra.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    But socionics is just two functions so theoretically tertiary and inferior can be different than MBTI right? Or is that not true?

Also why do I see INTJs with ILE and LIE socionics?
    Isn't ILI and LII?

"My thought is me: that is why I cannot stop thinking. I exist because I think I cannot keep from thinking" ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My case is different: I'm sure my type in socionics, but not in MBTI...

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Himeko009 View Post
    My case is different: I'm sure my type in socionics, but not in MBTI...
    Do you think that Socionics's specificity that helps you pin one down? That is, it provides clear, crisp definitions of functions, types, and interrelationships; as opposed to MBTI's framework which is more general and vague (for good or for bad).
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, MBTI confuses me sometimes i feel I'm fall between INTJ and INTP (but I know you only can be one), but in Socionics i'm of course INTp/ILI (Ni Te).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, MBTI confuses me sometimes. I feel I'm fall between INTJ and INTP (but I know you only can be one), but in Socionics i'm of course INTp/ILI (Ni/Te).