• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] Intertype Relations

Alea_iacta_est

I was bored, so I decided to do this.

Conflictors:

You have two pistols. Your conflictor has two pistols. You both light each other up and fall together.

Supervisor-Supervisee:

The supervisor is equipped with impenetrable armor and an assault rifle. You, the supervisee, are equipped with a laser pointer. The supervisor lights you up 'for your own best interest' in an attempt to fix you, despite you trying to flash the laser pointer in its eyes to make it stop.

Super-Ego:

You have a pistol. Your Super-Ego partner has a pistol. There is a line between the two of you. The Super-Ego person seems like a friendly and even attractive person enough on the other side, but either you or it crosses the line, leading to gunfire. Stay on your side of the line.

Beneficiary-Benefactor:

The Beneficiary is an overprotective mom preparing her son, you, the benefactor, for war. At first you receive useful equipment like body armor, but then it gets ridiculous, like the beneficiary strapping a pillow to your chest to "stop any bullets" until you say "That's enough, mom, I'll be fine".

Mirror:

You and your mirror partner have almost identical equipment and deal with things in a similar enough manner. Until, of course, you bicker among yourselves arguing about pesky semantics and how the other person is doing a task correctly but not correct enough.

Semi-Duality:

You and your semi dual are equipped almost complementary to each other, able to do tasks the other can't and vice versa. Working with the Semi-dual is a positive experience and beneficial to both, but there are little things about the semi-dual that seem off or wrong, causing you two to drift apart occasionally and go elsewhere, but eventually you are drawn to each other again for protection, only to drift apart again later.

Comparative:

You are your comparative partner will defend each other from the enemy, but always have a gun pointed at the other at all times. At first glance, the comparative partner seems pleasant and understanding, then you realize that the comparative is a free-lancer with questionable motives (same for reverse).

Quasi-Identical:

You and your quasi-identical are almost identical (imagine that) with equipment and training, but it just seems like the other is just doing everything wrong intentionally to piss you off. They seem to do everything you do in a backwards, incomprehensible fashion. Sure, you both can hold your own pretty well, but it just seems like the quasi identical is always performing better or is just screwing things up for you (same vice versa). With heated debates, firearms are drawn.

Contrary:

You and your contrary partner, on the other hand, do absolutely everything backwards, to the point where it seems like your contrary partner fires its gun backwards over its shoulder. Communication is easier than with the quasi-identical, but it still seems wrong in some fashion or another.

Illusionary "Mirage":

Your mirage partner seems to either A. be working for the enemy (if you are introverted) or B. needs to be normalized due to its eccentricities (if you are extroverted). This, of course, leads to heated disputes, if the distance between the two are close, about how the extroverted partner is "helping" the introvert partner and simultaeneously infringing the introverts' privacy and even independence. With the addition of a football field's distance between you two, it is somewhat tolerable.

Look-a-Like:

You and your look-a-like seem to have the same problems and work to solve problems in a similar fashion, meaning that you can both protect each other and empathize with each other while also partially covering for both of your somewhat weak spots. You both have almost identical equipment but with somewhat different training, and there is somewhat more trust due to the usual alignment of the look-a-like pair's motivations.

Activity Partner:

You and your activity partners can be the best of buds; you can defend each other's blindspots, but in a way that doesn't seem adequate enough. The help with covering the blindspots is appreciated, of course, but it just doesn't seem like they cover you enough or in the right way. However, you can easily trust your activity partners, as their motivations and training is complementary to your's enough.

Duality:

You and your dual are the best of buds; you actively cover your partner's weakspots without much effort, and your partner does the same for you. There is absolute trust placed in between you and your dual, as you both know the other can protect each other's blindspots with ease while simultaneously fending for yourselves. Activity with you and your dual are so complementary that there is absolute comfort in all interaction, and it feels like you may have known it your entire life when you have only known it for a year or two. Both of your training and equipment are perfectly complementary to each other, and the two of you can take on a world of conflictors and supervisors yourselves.

Identical:

You and your identical have the same equipment, training, name, social security number, favorite food and color, thought process, birthmark on the left shoulder, etc. Interaction with the identical is rather comfortable, as you both usually possess the same motivations and understand each others struggles easily. Your training, however, is not complementary and is simply a cloned copy, meaning that there will be a bit of a competitive edge. As soon as you or your identical outpace each either, you will begin to see the other as less than or greater than you, and this will usually cause you and your identical to drift apart.

S

Stansmith

The Quasi-Identical one lines up with my relationship with my mom, who's probably SEI. We're usually much better off going our separate ways when it comes to dealing with most of our problems. We're pretty bad at helping eachother, or giving information that's actually relevant to the other person.

L

LadyLazarus

Supervisor-Supervisee:

The supervisor is equipped with impenetrable armor and an assault rifle. You, the supervisee, are equipped with a laser pointer. The supervisor lights you up 'for your own best interest' in an attempt to fix you, despite you trying to flash the laser pointer in its eyes to make it stop.

Hmm so my ex-boyfriend was not socionics ENFp then...this sounds kind of like something I'd do to him :)ninja: ok fine I did try to).According to this he'd be ESTp.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think these are creatively written, but they dont actually describe the relations accuartely at all.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm so my ex-boyfriend was not socionics ENFp then...this sounds kind of like something I'd do to him :)ninja: ok fine I did try to).According to this he'd be ESTp.

With ILIs I feel like I can supervise their :Fe: all day with no result whatsoever whereas they can pound my :Te: senseless and Ill actually pay attention to that.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
With ILIs I feel like I can supervise their :Fe: all day with no result whatsoever whereas they can pound my :Te: senseless and Ill actually pay attention to that.

Yes, well, that's cuz Te is objective, and Fe is nonsense.

As for the relations: they're interesting to study, but totally overstate their predictive power.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Not true...

Nuh-uh

Te said so

...if by nonsense you mean its subjective, then :Fi: is also "nonsense". An ILI is not just :Te:, its :Te: and :Fi:.

Fe is both subjective and objective. Which is why it's nonsense.

Fi is purely subjective. Which means it's nonsense, but it at least understands this.

In that sense, it is more noble, as it accepts what it is, and does not try to claim to be something it is not.

Fe, on the other hand, tries to purport to be something that it is not.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nuh-uh

Te said so

Fe is both subjective and objective. Which is why it's nonsense.

Fi is purely subjective. Which means it's nonsense, but it at least understands this.

In that sense, it is more noble, as it accepts what it is, and does not try to claim to be something it is not.

Fe, on the other hand, tries to purport to be something that it is not.

Ah, so I will resort to the gamma NTs' two favorite words; "Prove it".

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I already did.

Thing is, I dont agree.

I once read an LIE say that IEIs would assault his Fe with criticism whereas they where oblivious to their Te being pounded on by him. Thats actually how I formulated my orginal statement when I realized I encountered the same thing with ILIs, being EIE.

Fact is, Fe as a function is just fine. Each function has a use. Fe's use is the regulator of social norms in a group. If different individuals couldnt agree on what the norms of a group are, your dual, SEE/ESFp, wouldnt know how to establish themselves in a group.

You may not like Fe, but is has its uses, nonethless.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Thing is, I dont agree.

I once read an LIE say that IEIs would assault his Fe with criticism whereas they where oblivious to their Te being pounded on by him. Thats actually how I formulated my orginal statement whne I realized I encountered the same thing with ILIs, being EIE.

Fact is, Fe as a function is just fine. Each function has a use. Fe's use is the regulator of social norms in a group. If different individuals couldnt agree on what the norms of a group are, your dual, SEE/ESFp, wouldnt know how to establish themselves in a group.

You may not like Fe, but is has its uses, nonethless.

It's ignoble nonsense.

Alea_iacta_est

I think these are creatively written, but they dont actually describe the relations accuartely at all.

If you don't believe so, provide your accurate analysis. Simply saying they don't doesn't achieve anything useful. I would be especially interested considering that the type you are specializes in the dynamics of relations between people and the absorption of others' feelings from the external environment. My own blind eye toward Fe forces me to see things mechanically and technically, such as relationships being relatively systematized; therefore, it would be wiser to draw in the altering perspective of valued :Fe:.

Also, your supervision of other ILI's :Fe: yields no results probably because expressing discomfort and vulnerability isn't a particular strong suit of the type, being unconscious :Fi: and :Se: valuing, after all. Ergo, you probably look for the reaction to the PoLR hit, don't see one, and assume it didn't take effect, when really it has most likely been internalized (PoLR :Fe:, not reacting to external stimuli that emotionally affects the self). The :Te: role hits you take from them, then, seem more effective because it drags you down to the ILI's technical level (cuts you off from :Fe:, DPC stifles Hero/Lead) and allows them to beat you with their valued, more developed :Te:, probably causing you to react negatively.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you don't believe so, provide your accurate analysis. Simply saying they don't doesn't achieve anything useful. I would be especially interested considering that the type you are specializes in the dynamics of relations between people and the absorption of others' feelings from the external environment. My own blind eye toward Fe forces me to see things mechanically and technically, such as relationships being relatively systematized; therefore, it would be wiser to draw in the altering perspective of valued :Fe:.

I think the descriptions are just a bit too one sided, maybe they are good for grasping the fundamentals of these relations, they tend to describe an exageratted scenario. For example, when you say conflictors both have two loaded guns, both fire, and both fall, thats not always how it works. Its more like both partners have loaded guns, but dont immedaitely intend to point or to fire, this only happens if partners are at odds with one another. Thats just one example. All, in all, I find your descriptions a bit too cliched(dual is your best friend and conflictor is your enemy etc). Fact is, when you use terms like "friend" or "enemy" those are highly subjective terms, and thats not what socionics really attempts to measure. It simply measures information exchange between two people.

But its not just your descriptions. I find these relations all in all too hard to predict(based on my experience).

Also, your supervision of other ILI's :Fe: yields no results probably because expressing discomfort and vulnerability isn't a particular strong suit of the type, being unconscious :Fi: and :Se: valuing, after all. Ergo, you probably look for the reaction to the PoLR hit, don't see one, and assume it didn't take effect, when really it has most likely been internalized (PoLR :Fe:, not reacting to external stimuli that emotionally affects the self). The :Te: role hits you take from them, then, seem more effective because it drags you down to the ILI's technical level (cuts you off from :Fe:, DPC stifles Hero/Lead) and allows them to beat you with their valued, more developed :Te:, probably causing you to react negatively.

Yeah, you're probably right here.

Alea_iacta_est

Think you missed "Kindred"

Kindred - Wikisocion

Kindred is another name for Comparative.

In kindred, or comparative, relations, partners have the same leading function, but opposing creative functions. The common leading function makes establishing a connection and understanding the other person easy, while the different creative functions reflects different ideas about how knowledge and skills should be applied. Spending time together intensifies partners' leading function behavior, which is enjoyable at first, but can lead to exhaustion if goes on for too long. Kindred partners typically find each other engaging company for occasional focused conversations or intense interaction (which may not necessarily appear intense externally, especially for leading Si or Ni types). Partners typically find that their primary goals in life are alike in many respects and respect the other person's basic attitudes, which are quite like their own, even if the details differ.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've mistake these two types apart before. Some ENFps behave like ESTps - make themselves appear courageous and strong, take up sports and other active pastimes, lift weights to pump themselves up, buy all sorts of bling to make themselves attractive. All of this makes impression of Se from a distance: ENFps mimicking Se and appearing/acting like ESTps and ESFps It wouldn't be surprising to meet ESTps who behaved like ENFps.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've mistake these two types apart before. Some ENFps behave like ESTps - make themselves appear courageous and strong, take up sports and other active pastimes, lift weights to pump themselves up, buy all sorts of bling to make themselves attractive. All of this makes impression of Se from a distance: ENFps mimicking Se and appearing/acting like ESTps and ESFps It wouldn't be surprising to meet ESTps who behaved like ENFps.

What's an ESTp behaving like an ENFp like? Describe it like you did with the ENFp who plays the ESTp?