User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 24

  1. #11
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I already did.
    Thing is, I dont agree.

    I once read an LIE say that IEIs would assault his Fe with criticism whereas they where oblivious to their Te being pounded on by him. Thats actually how I formulated my orginal statement when I realized I encountered the same thing with ILIs, being EIE.

    Fact is, Fe as a function is just fine. Each function has a use. Fe's use is the regulator of social norms in a group. If different individuals couldnt agree on what the norms of a group are, your dual, SEE/ESFp, wouldnt know how to establish themselves in a group.

    You may not like Fe, but is has its uses, nonethless.

  2. #12
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Thing is, I dont agree.

    I once read an LIE say that IEIs would assault his Fe with criticism whereas they where oblivious to their Te being pounded on by him. Thats actually how I formulated my orginal statement whne I realized I encountered the same thing with ILIs, being EIE.

    Fact is, Fe as a function is just fine. Each function has a use. Fe's use is the regulator of social norms in a group. If different individuals couldnt agree on what the norms of a group are, your dual, SEE/ESFp, wouldnt know how to establish themselves in a group.

    You may not like Fe, but is has its uses, nonethless.
    It's ignoble nonsense.

  3. #13
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It's ignoble nonsense.

    Ill be honest with you, I dont know where you are going with this.

    Whats the point of your remarks regarding Fe?

  4. #14
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Ill be honest with you, I dont know where you are going with this.

    Whats the point of your remarks regarding Fe?
    Nowhere, really.

    No offense intended.

    I was just fucking around.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think these are creatively written, but they dont actually describe the relations accuartely at all.
    If you don't believe so, provide your accurate analysis. Simply saying they don't doesn't achieve anything useful. I would be especially interested considering that the type you are specializes in the dynamics of relations between people and the absorption of others' feelings from the external environment. My own blind eye toward Fe forces me to see things mechanically and technically, such as relationships being relatively systematized; therefore, it would be wiser to draw in the altering perspective of valued .

    Also, your supervision of other ILI's yields no results probably because expressing discomfort and vulnerability isn't a particular strong suit of the type, being unconscious and valuing, after all. Ergo, you probably look for the reaction to the PoLR hit, don't see one, and assume it didn't take effect, when really it has most likely been internalized (PoLR , not reacting to external stimuli that emotionally affects the self). The role hits you take from them, then, seem more effective because it drags you down to the ILI's technical level (cuts you off from , DPC stifles Hero/Lead) and allows them to beat you with their valued, more developed , probably causing you to react negatively.

  6. #16
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    If you don't believe so, provide your accurate analysis. Simply saying they don't doesn't achieve anything useful. I would be especially interested considering that the type you are specializes in the dynamics of relations between people and the absorption of others' feelings from the external environment. My own blind eye toward Fe forces me to see things mechanically and technically, such as relationships being relatively systematized; therefore, it would be wiser to draw in the altering perspective of valued .
    I think the descriptions are just a bit too one sided, maybe they are good for grasping the fundamentals of these relations, they tend to describe an exageratted scenario. For example, when you say conflictors both have two loaded guns, both fire, and both fall, thats not always how it works. Its more like both partners have loaded guns, but dont immedaitely intend to point or to fire, this only happens if partners are at odds with one another. Thats just one example. All, in all, I find your descriptions a bit too cliched(dual is your best friend and conflictor is your enemy etc). Fact is, when you use terms like "friend" or "enemy" those are highly subjective terms, and thats not what socionics really attempts to measure. It simply measures information exchange between two people.

    But its not just your descriptions. I find these relations all in all too hard to predict(based on my experience).

    Also, your supervision of other ILI's yields no results probably because expressing discomfort and vulnerability isn't a particular strong suit of the type, being unconscious and valuing, after all. Ergo, you probably look for the reaction to the PoLR hit, don't see one, and assume it didn't take effect, when really it has most likely been internalized (PoLR , not reacting to external stimuli that emotionally affects the self). The role hits you take from them, then, seem more effective because it drags you down to the ILI's technical level (cuts you off from , DPC stifles Hero/Lead) and allows them to beat you with their valued, more developed , probably causing you to react negatively.
    Yeah, you're probably right here.

  7. #17
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Think you missed "Kindred"

    Kindred - Wikisocion
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #18
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Think you missed "Kindred"

    Kindred - Wikisocion
    Kindred is another name for Comparative.

    In kindred, or comparative, relations, partners have the same leading function, but opposing creative functions. The common leading function makes establishing a connection and understanding the other person easy, while the different creative functions reflects different ideas about how knowledge and skills should be applied. Spending time together intensifies partners' leading function behavior, which is enjoyable at first, but can lead to exhaustion if goes on for too long. Kindred partners typically find each other engaging company for occasional focused conversations or intense interaction (which may not necessarily appear intense externally, especially for leading Si or Ni types). Partners typically find that their primary goals in life are alike in many respects and respect the other person's basic attitudes, which are quite like their own, even if the details differ.

  9. #19
    Senior Member sulfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Hmm so my ex-boyfriend was not socionics ENFp then...this sounds kind of like something I'd do to him ( ok fine I did try to).According to this he'd be ESTp.
    I've mistake these two types apart before. Some ENFps behave like ESTps - make themselves appear courageous and strong, take up sports and other active pastimes, lift weights to pump themselves up, buy all sorts of bling to make themselves attractive. All of this makes impression of Se from a distance: ENFps mimicking Se and appearing/acting like ESTps and ESFps It wouldn't be surprising to meet ESTps who behaved like ENFps.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    I've mistake these two types apart before. Some ENFps behave like ESTps - make themselves appear courageous and strong, take up sports and other active pastimes, lift weights to pump themselves up, buy all sorts of bling to make themselves attractive. All of this makes impression of Se from a distance: ENFps mimicking Se and appearing/acting like ESTps and ESFps It wouldn't be surprising to meet ESTps who behaved like ENFps.
    What's an ESTp behaving like an ENFp like? Describe it like you did with the ENFp who plays the ESTp?

Similar Threads

  1. Intertype Relations
    By Eric B in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 09:05 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 09:06 PM
  3. Relational Competition and "Social" Bullying
    By Maverick in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO