• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Delta] Are most of the MBTI ENFPs socionics ENFps?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I just wonder... How do you ENFPs type yourself in socionis system?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I type as IEE, so yeah. I know [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is torn between IEE and IEI.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i do. IEE - Ne. about as consistent as you can get with my MBTI type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most ENFPs I've met have typed as IEE. I've seen someone on one of these typology sites type as an ENFP-EIE though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Starry

There's a lot of stuff in the IEE description that I don't relate to at all... so much so that I have a difficult time claiming it as my type. And really I haven't. Of the two subtypes Ne would be more accurate though. I test as IEI <-and yet that's not entirely accurate either (it may be more accurate though I don't really rem just now.) I need a hybrid of IEE & IEI to explain me I feel...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a lot of stuff in the IEE description that I don't relate to at all... so much so that I have a difficult time claiming it as my type. And really I haven't. Of the two subtypes Ne would be more accurate though. I test as IEI <-and yet that's not entirely accurate either (it may be more accurate though I don't really rem just now.) I need a hybrid of IEE & IEI to explain me I feel...

Try EIE?

S

Stansmith

How about this?

Ethical subtype INFp-Fe
Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Appearance

The ethical subtype makes an impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually looks inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor. May talk of his problems and failures with a smile. Ironic, crafty, unpredictable and inconsistent in behavior and conversation. Creates original contrasts, can unexpectedly jab at someone and then just as quickly embrace and kiss his conversation partner. Artistic and charming; unconstrained in conversation, occasionally even with shades of familiarity and impudence. Knows how to bridge the distance. Considerate, tactful, and caring; at times he is simply charming, so great is his talent at positively predisposing others to himself and being liked. Talented at persuasion: states requests in such a manner that it is difficult to refuse them. His movements are refined ; his gait is graceful, hasty. Speech is full of emotion, rich with shades, sometimes melodious.
Character

Emotional and charming, easily and naturally comes into contact with unfamiliar people, predisposing them towards trust with his warmth and sincerity. Able to cheer others up, make them laugh with his unusual antics and utterances. Well versed in feelings and moods of people, able to establish and maintain useful contacts for reaching his goals and to find best suited candidates for implementation of the conceived. To each person he is able to find an individual approach. Often puts his requests in such a form that it is difficult to turn him down. Independent by nature, impulsive, unpredictable in his actions; given to impromptu acts and improvisations. Unobtrusive with his feelings - if he does not see reciprocity, he will distance. Consults with others before making important decisions, though does not always follow their advice.

Elegant, skillful in becoming liked, readily gives out compliments. Enjoys being at the center of the attention. Figuratively and with a refined sense of humor retells stories of his experiences. Enjoys and knows how to reconcile those who are arguing. Sometimes he is given to irony and ridicule, but says even unpleasant things as if in jest and with a smile.

Very much in need of praise and encouragement. Sensitive of criticism of his work or investing effort that has not been appreciated; this lowers his productivity. While if he is praised in advance, this encourages him to strive to overcome difficulties and aid him in gaining confidence. In his heart he is very vulnerable and acutely aware of his failures. Internally contradictory, prone to abrupt mood swings: from laughter to tears and in reverse. Easy lights up with a new idea, but can quickly lose interest if it requires a lot of patience and effort for realization. Passionately tries to prove his correctness; accepts advice only after he has calmed down, and even then only until the next emotional outburst. Needs support of a strong-willed, capable, energetic person.

Somewhat distrustful and suggestible. Readily shares his problems with others, seeking their sympathy, understanding, and support. Inclined to demonstrate his physical or personal sufferings. Sensing danger, he transmits his apprehensive and restless mood to those around him. Nonchalant and imperturbable, but this is only a tactic that allows him to make a good impression. Sometimes he evokes awe and admiration in others by demonstrating fearlessness in dangerous situations. His composed serene state is transmitted onto others, allowing them to distance from their everyday worries and problems.

Graceful in his movements, shows refinement, good manners, dresses tastefully. Fastidious in his household. Possesses an aesthetic taste, appreciates ornaments and decorations. Enjoys comfort. Cares about his own appearance as well as appearance of others. Wasteful and uneconomical; can purchase needless things; dislikes those who are frugal over minor purchases. Does not attach much value to material things, and thus can be careless with them. Borrowing or lending something, may forget about it for a long time.
Description by Victor Gulenko

Flatters and is charming and communicable. If they see negative emotions in the people around them, they will try to arrange things so that people will calm down. They will mobilize well in dangerous situations. Loves to be in the centre of attention and dramatize proceedings, possesses a sense of humour. They easily manipulate by intonation and voice; can work successfully as a journalist --- They easily succeed in enticing the person they talk to. Outwardly they can appear extravagant; frequently takes a bohemian and bright form.

Starry

How about this?

Hey Stansmith haha I was just getting ready to respond to BlackCat (Hi BlackCat - it's good to see you again)

I'll check this out first though...Thank you

edit: ummm I swear Stansmith's message was not here a few minutes ago but now I see it...and yet it's time-stamped 10:53am pst? My TypoC has been acting funny :( which is probably because of Facebook.

Starry

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

The fact the descriptive "charming" was made use of 18 times in the first paragraph alone...I am now of the belief this entire thing was custom-written exclusively for me.

No, actually I do relate to this very well in spite of the fact JCF or MBTI Fe is foreign to me and often makes me feel extremely uncomfortable when I see it "in use" in others. A few things though...

There was recently some commentary on my tritype implying *we* were bullies of sorts...seemingly likely to take cheap-shots at others for sport. And because this description...which I am now indicating I identify with says: "Creates original contrasts, can unexpectedly jab at someone and then just as quickly embrace and kiss his conversation partner."...I just feel the strong need to make very clear the fact that while I will at times do just that... I would never have reason to do that to someone I do not know well...or at the very least...to someone I feel would misunderstand the very specific message I'm sending when I do "unexpectedly jab.' <-Which is... (and I feel this is very Fi which leaves me a bit confused here but...) I think it's bullshit to love people in parts which is what I see all around me everyday. When I love - I love the whole of the person and that is my way of saying just that. I love your flaws...your flaws are just as beautiful to me as all the fragmented pieces others, in their shallow and self-serving positions, are willing to appreciate.

^^this ties into why I do claim to be sensitive to criticism. Phony people that...in the grip of sickness deny their own flaws...but then come at me like I've got something to learn from them? They will not be received well...vocally haha.

Really, the only things I don't relate to are "Very much in need of praise and encouragement." Honestly, praise makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and most often I'm distrustful of it. It mentions 'support' from a strong other...and I definitely need that...but I see that as being force...that snaps me into focus. Not a *voice* that says a bunch of sugary things to me. That might creep me out haha.

Likewise, I don't relate to this need of being the center of attention. <-Which I recognize is a very PC/modest and thus appropriate thing to say...but I do not mean it in that way at all. Being the center of attention has always meant a level of commitment/responsibility to a group that I absolutely do not want even for the shortest of durations. I will only do this if there's a larger cause I'm serving.

What does this all mean though Stansmith? If I reject the things I mentioned would I still be considered INFp-Fe? Is it considered normal to be one MBTI type and a different socionics type?

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

What does this all mean though Stansmith? If I reject the things I mentioned would I still be considered INFp-Fe? Is it considered normal to be one MBTI type and a different socionics type?

All I can really say is that it..happens. Whether it's due to people being mistyped in one system or the other, I don't know. The functions are defined a bit differently, and I think it's better to approach the system as something new altogether as opposed to expecting everything to line up perfectly.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

All I can really say is that it..happens. Whether it's due to people being mistyped in one system or the other, I don't know. The functions are defined a bit differently, and I think it's better to approach the system as something new altogether as opposed to expecting everything to line up perfectly.

I really appreciate it Stansmith. Thank you so much.
[MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] I forgot to tell you that I do not relate to EIE. I also want you to explain all of this to me in extensive detail. Thank you in advance haha.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
Darn it, I clicked a link by accident and this hadn't autosaved my draft yet. Fortunately it was only a few sentences long. [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] I agree about people occasionally being mistyped in one system or another. I wish there was some objective method of typing people exactly right on the first try, which would work for every person - some kind of brain-reading machine that would just scan you and give you a type. There are so many mistakes and mistypings and it causes the whole socionic system to fail.

My two cents, from a SLI/ISTP point of view, is that almost all of the ENFPs I've interacted with in the forums seem to be typed correctly and behave like IEEs/duals I've known from the real world.

ENFP/ IEE here.

I tagged you in the thread because I know you self-type as IEE and wanted to find out exactly what about those profiles and delta quadra resonates with you.

Skimming through the descriptions, deltas in general come across as mild, laid back do gooders. IEE perhaps the least of all four delta types, but nevertheless, some of that vibe rubs off on them too.

By your own self descriptions, you seem nothing like what's described in those profiles in terms of vibe. I'm wondering how you reconciled the two--not because I doubt your self-typing but because I think it will be interesting and helpful for people to see how a passionate, intense 4 sx type can still be a delta. And hopefully lead to better, or at least more informed self-typings all around.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This one is! :smile:

Ummm... well i'd say there is a propensity for it but it's not mutually exclusive as socionics uses the same base but goes on a slightly different trajectory than mbti. It's something that is very easily mistaken as being the same but is actually quite different. Both use psychology personality typing but look at different areas.

Often ENFP types as IEE (ENFp) but not always and sometimes some pretty funny changeovers occur. E.g I have seen an MBTI INFJ shape shift into a socionics SLE (ESTp) it's a very odd case but it does highlight that the two systems work pretty independently of each other.

That being said often the extroverted types have an easier handover.

So... was there anything the Op wanted to know in particular about the socionics IEE?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tagged you in the thread because I know you self-type as IEE and wanted to find out exactly what about those profiles and delta quadra resonates with you.

Skimming through the descriptions, deltas in general come across as mild, laid back do gooders. IEE perhaps the least of all four delta types, but nevertheless, some of that vibe rubs off on them too.

By your own self descriptions, you seem nothing like what's described in those profiles in terms of vibe. I'm wondering how you reconciled the two--not because I doubt your self-typing but because I think it will be interesting and helpful for people to see how a passionate, intense 4 sx type can still be a delta. And hopefully lead to better, or at least more informed self-typings all around.

Oh thats an interesting point senza, I think that IEE in the delta quadra are more laid back not in a literal sense but in an open minded sense. IEE can be stressy and highly strung, they also mediate to minimise misunderstanding and to allow each other their space to air their views but not to gain group consensus.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually relate to socionics description of an ENFp much more than the MBTI one, especially with the Ne subtype. Also the function explanations seem more accurate.

On the other hand I don't relate to delta quadra at all, it all seem too Te.