• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Delta] Are most of the MBTI ENFPs socionics ENFps?

S

Society

at face value the answer is a yes - ENFPs are ENFp's, with some leeway disclaimer that it might not be a perfect cross over.

that's being said, given the... let's call it brave... recent attempts we've had to prove that the description of how socionics FiNe (INFj) manifests match the same mental patterns described by MBTI NiFe (INFJ's), everything's on the table: if by some common sense defying means the attempts are somehow successful, and assuming some basic consistency between function and the described expressions, it would also mean MBTI ENFPs where expressing socionics FeNi (ENFj's) :devil:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
at face value the answer is a yes - ENFPs are ENFp's, with some leeway disclaimer that it might not be a perfect cross over.

that's being said, given the... let's call it brave... recent attempts we've had to prove that the description of how socionics FiNe (INFj) manifests match the same mental patterns described by MBTI NiFe (INFJ's), everything's on the table: if by some common sense defying means the attempts are somehow successful, and assuming some basic consistency between function and the described expressions, it would also mean MBTI ENFPs where expressing socionics FeNi (ENFj's) :devil:

I admire the bravery, but I disagree.
Fe in socionics is described as the function of social and group dynamics understanding, this is typically how Fe is described by Jung, therefor I don't see why socionics Fe should seem like MBTI's Ne.

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About half of all the times I've taken MBTI i get ENFP OR INFP. the rest of the times, I've ended up ENTJ or INTJ. the last 5 most recent MBTI have been INFP. when i took the socionics test, i got IEE, and after reading this description of Ne dominance. and extraversion, i finally see why I've alway felt more like an ambivert. its because i don't like to be around groups of people when I'm not in control of the content. My 4w5 definitely lends itself to introversion, though. But if I'm around the right people, i will chatter incessantly and ask enough questions until i know what they're about and can form a working model of them in my mind.

I was recently diagnosed with ADD and put on adderall after having also recently started prozac and have been curious what changes in my personality have occurred. strangely, I've felt more myself and a lot more able to confidently and freely be the ditz i am, rather than have to appear so pit together all the time to hide all the stuff that's falling apart like i did before. i feel like its simultaneously allowed me to enjoy and find great feeling things to do in my alone time. (Baths, crochet, cook actual meals, watch shows, get a yoga swing ), while also allowed me to feel more open during social time. almost no social anxiety right now. I wonder what role dopamine has to play in this.

because i was abused as a child, i have some strange contradictory patterns of inhibition and disinhibition. Suddenly, on the meds, i feel more like. myself,, if that makes sense. I'm excited to want to rummage through people's cabinets when i visit, to want to climb the interesting trees again, to get everyone i can think of to do it with me and feel this freedom and inspiration. i want to infect the whole world with enthusiasm and help them clear away the blocks. i remember reading that on theory of extroversion is the reward seeking activities are more abundant in E Vs I. i wonder if the extra dopamine has pushed my Ne up and put my Fi down. its all very fascinating and i wish i had time to sort through all the data, but there's never enough time.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
About half of all the times I've taken MBTI i get ENFP OR INFP. the rest of the times, I've ended up ENTJ or INTJ. the last 5 most recent MBTI have been INFP. when i took the socionics test, i got IEE, and after reading this description of Ne dominance. and extraversion, i finally see why I've alway felt more like an ambivert. its because i don't like to be around groups of people when I'm not in control of the content. My 4w5 definitely lends itself to introversion, though. But if I'm around the right people, i will chatter incessantly and ask enough questions until i know what they're about and can form a working model of them in my mind.

I was recently diagnosed with ADD and put on adderall after having also recently started prozac and have been curious what changes in my personality have occurred. strangely, I've felt more myself and a lot more able to confidently and freely be the ditz i am, rather than have to appear so pit together all the time to hide all the stuff that's falling apart like i did before. i feel like its simultaneously allowed me to enjoy and find great feeling things to do in my alone time. (Baths, crochet, cook actual meals, watch shows, get a yoga swing ), while also allowed me to feel more open during social time. almost no social anxiety right now. I wonder what role dopamine has to play in this.

because i was abused as a child, i have some strange contradictory patterns of inhibition and disinhibition. Suddenly, on the meds, i feel more like. myself,, if that makes sense. I'm excited to want to rummage through people's cabinets when i visit, to want to climb the interesting trees again, to get everyone i can think of to do it with me and feel this freedom and inspiration. i want to infect the whole world with enthusiasm and help them clear away the blocks. i remember reading that on theory of extroversion is the reward seeking activities are more abundant in E Vs I. i wonder if the extra dopamine has pushed my Ne up and put my Fi down. its all very fascinating and i wish i had time to sort through all the data, but there's never enough time.

You're describing something scarily similar to my own experiences. No I wasn't put on any meds but otherwise I know what you're talking about, from the reason for not wanting to be around groups, to finally feeling more myself without strange inhibition-disinhibition patterns, getting the good mood with all the enthusiasm and being interested in all kinds of shit again, incl doing whatever with other people. I experienced that with caffeine but I don't actually need any substances to get back to being myself. Just funny how 3 cups of coffee is enough to have that effect. I don't know if you relate to that lol

So anyway I'm not Ne/Fi type and I still relate, I guess it's more generic than specific functions. Just an I/E thing? I don't actually know..

EDIT: I see you are 27 years old. I'm a couple years older than you and it's a recent experience for me too. Humm funny that too

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I will see myself back here...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know a ton about socionics, but from what I do know, most ENFPs do not seem very delta-y (if anything, deltas sound more SJ or a more superego heavy INFP than ENFP)

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're describing something scarily similar to my own experiences. No I wasn't put on any meds but otherwise I know what you're talking about, from the reason for not wanting to be around groups, to finally feeling more myself without strange inhibition-disinhibition patterns, getting the good mood with all the enthusiasm and being interested in all kinds of shit again, incl doing whatever with other people. I experienced that with caffeine but I don't actually need any substances to get back to being myself. Just funny how 3 cups of coffee is enough to have that effect. I don't know if you relate to that lol

So anyway I'm not Ne/Fi type and I still relate, I guess it's more generic than specific functions. Just an I/E thing? I don't actually know..

EDIT: I see you are 27 years old. I'm a couple years older than you and it's a recent experience for me too. Humm funny that too

Those *are* some funny similarities! Was caffeine a precipitating factor in the change to your patterns? You mentioned that you can feel more yourself even without it. Was there something else that you feel has contributed to your lift in mood (ie exercise, meditation, new job, etc)?

You might be right in that this is more of an I/E issue than a Ne/Fi thing. I'd like to do more research on inhibition and disinhibition, dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, and tendencies towards introversion and extraversion.

I feel like I'm definitely coming more into myself at this age more than any other. From what I've noticed, it seems like most people begin coming into themselves in their 20's. I wonder if this has much to do with biological processes that happen around that time, or if it's just a matter of having occupied space in one's body for over two decades and having a familiarity with the ins and outs of that state. Or...both. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those *are* some funny similarities! Was caffeine a precipitating factor in the change to your patterns? You mentioned that you can feel more yourself even without it. Was there something else that you feel has contributed to your lift in mood (ie exercise, meditation, new job, etc)?

Yep funny! :D

No, caffeine wasn't a precipitating factor. It was me being confronted by how things weren't going in the right direction, not according to my dreams. It was really pretty bad and the experience of being confronted with that was pretty crazy. It had nothing to do with changing life style or taking substances, it was just a few lines that someone said that wasn't even intended by the person to have any special effect. The effect I almost felt physically. And that's when the change started. Maybe all this sounds totally crazy, but yeah that's how it went.

The caffeine thing I noticed sometime later and I just thought it was funny. :)

You might be right in that this is more of an I/E issue than a Ne/Fi thing. I'd like to do more research on inhibition and disinhibition, dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, and tendencies towards introversion and extraversion.

Those all sound like really great topics ;)

I feel like I'm definitely coming more into myself at this age more than any other. From what I've noticed, it seems like most people begin coming into themselves in their 20's. I wonder if this has much to do with biological processes that happen around that time, or if it's just a matter of having occupied space in one's body for over two decades and having a familiarity with the ins and outs of that state. Or...both. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

No idea... in my case, the "myself" in "feeling more myself" means I'm more like I used to be a long time ago. I did attribute certain changes - changes for the worse - in my teens to biological processes. Well this one may be another biological process but I'm not sure. What's your gender? Just curious.

I don't really relate to the idea of getting more familiar with my body, I was always familiar with it. Maybe that's a S/N thing or an enneagram thing :)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I actually relate to socionics description of an ENFp much more than the MBTI one, especially with the Ne subtype. Also the function explanations seem more accurate.

On the other hand I don't relate to delta quadra at all, it all seem too Te.

You probably just don't understand that Si and Te is quite different in socionics than it is in MBTI.

ai116

I'm an enfp and I test iee the IEE description is more like me

Last edited:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
How are they different? I didn't know that they were.

Si mbti is more like socionics Ti and Ti MBTI is more like socionics si. Same with Fi and Ni. BAsically in socionics there are two distinct types ones who have Si, Te, Ni, Fe and ones who have Ti, Se, Fi, Ne. In MBTI the two types are ones who have Ti, se, Ni Fe and Ne, fi, Te and si. I Think MBTI is more true towards jung.