User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    On the other hand I don't relate to delta quadra at all, it all seem too Te.
    That's because the quadras concept is flawed from the outset:
    Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That's because the quadras concept is flawed from the outset:
    Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?
    Yes this was good, agree with you

Society

at face value the answer is a yes - ENFPs are ENFp's, with some leeway disclaimer that it might not be a perfect cross over.

that's being said, given the... let's call it brave... recent attempts we've had to prove that the description of how socionics FiNe (INFj) manifests match the same mental patterns described by MBTI NiFe (INFJ's), everything's on the table: if by some common sense defying means the attempts are somehow successful, and assuming some basic consistency between function and the described expressions, it would also mean MBTI ENFPs where expressing socionics FeNi (ENFj's)

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    at face value the answer is a yes - ENFPs are ENFp's, with some leeway disclaimer that it might not be a perfect cross over.

that's being said, given the... let's call it brave... recent attempts we've had to prove that the description of how socionics FiNe (INFj) manifests match the same mental patterns described by MBTI NiFe (INFJ's), everything's on the table: if by some common sense defying means the attempts are somehow successful, and assuming some basic consistency between function and the described expressions, it would also mean MBTI ENFPs where expressing socionics FeNi (ENFj's)
    I admire the bravery, but I disagree.
    Fe in socionics is described as the function of social and group dynamics understanding, this is typically how Fe is described by Jung, therefor I don't see why socionics Fe should seem like MBTI's Ne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

About half of all the times I've taken MBTI i get ENFP OR INFP. the rest of the times, I've ended up ENTJ or INTJ. the last 5 most recent MBTI have been INFP. when i took the socionics test, i got IEE, and after reading this description of Ne dominance. and extraversion, i finally see why I've alway felt more like an ambivert. its because i don't like to be around groups of people when I'm not in control of the content. My 4w5 definitely lends itself to introversion, though. But if I'm around the right people, i will chatter incessantly and ask enough questions until i know what they're about and can form a working model of them in my mind.

I was recently diagnosed with ADD and put on adderall after having also recently started prozac and have been curious what changes in my personality have occurred. strangely, I've felt more myself and a lot more able to confidently and freely be the ditz i am, rather than have to appear so pit together all the time to hide all the stuff that's falling apart like i did before. i feel like its simultaneously allowed me to enjoy and find great feeling things to do in my alone time. (Baths, crochet, cook actual meals, watch shows, get a yoga swing ), while also allowed me to feel more open during social time. almost no social anxiety right now. I wonder what role dopamine has to play in this.

because i was abused as a child, i have some strange contradictory patterns of inhibition and disinhibition. Suddenly, on the meds, i feel more like. myself,, if that makes sense. I'm excited to want to rummage through people's cabinets when i visit, to want to climb the interesting trees again, to get everyone i can think of to do it with me and feel this freedom and inspiration. i want to infect the whole world with enthusiasm and help them clear away the blocks. i remember reading that on theory of extroversion is the reward seeking activities are more abundant in E Vs I. i wonder if the extra dopamine has pushed my Ne up and put my Fi down. its all very fascinating and i wish i had time to sort through all the data, but there's never enough time.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by thistlechaser View Post
    About half of all the times I've taken MBTI i get ENFP OR INFP. the rest of the times, I've ended up ENTJ or INTJ. the last 5 most recent MBTI have been INFP. when i took the socionics test, i got IEE, and after reading this description of Ne dominance. and extraversion, i finally see why I've alway felt more like an ambivert. its because i don't like to be around groups of people when I'm not in control of the content. My 4w5 definitely lends itself to introversion, though. But if I'm around the right people, i will chatter incessantly and ask enough questions until i know what they're about and can form a working model of them in my mind.

I was recently diagnosed with ADD and put on adderall after having also recently started prozac and have been curious what changes in my personality have occurred. strangely, I've felt more myself and a lot more able to confidently and freely be the ditz i am, rather than have to appear so pit together all the time to hide all the stuff that's falling apart like i did before. i feel like its simultaneously allowed me to enjoy and find great feeling things to do in my alone time. (Baths, crochet, cook actual meals, watch shows, get a yoga swing ), while also allowed me to feel more open during social time. almost no social anxiety right now. I wonder what role dopamine has to play in this.

because i was abused as a child, i have some strange contradictory patterns of inhibition and disinhibition. Suddenly, on the meds, i feel more like. myself,, if that makes sense. I'm excited to want to rummage through people's cabinets when i visit, to want to climb the interesting trees again, to get everyone i can think of to do it with me and feel this freedom and inspiration. i want to infect the whole world with enthusiasm and help them clear away the blocks. i remember reading that on theory of extroversion is the reward seeking activities are more abundant in E Vs I. i wonder if the extra dopamine has pushed my Ne up and put my Fi down. its all very fascinating and i wish i had time to sort through all the data, but there's never enough time.
    You're describing something scarily similar to my own experiences. No I wasn't put on any meds but otherwise I know what you're talking about, from the reason for not wanting to be around groups, to finally feeling more myself without strange inhibition-disinhibition patterns, getting the good mood with all the enthusiasm and being interested in all kinds of shit again, incl doing whatever with other people. I experienced that with caffeine but I don't actually need any substances to get back to being myself. Just funny how 3 cups of coffee is enough to have that effect. I don't know if you relate to that lol

So anyway I'm not Ne/Fi type and I still relate, I guess it's more generic than specific functions. Just an I/E thing? I don't actually know..

EDIT: I see you are 27 years old. I'm a couple years older than you and it's a recent experience for me too. Humm funny that too

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I will see myself back here...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't know a ton about socionics, but from what I do know, most ENFPs do not seem very delta-y (if anything, deltas sound more SJ or a more superego heavy INFP than ENFP)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    You're describing something scarily similar to my own experiences. No I wasn't put on any meds but otherwise I know what you're talking about, from the reason for not wanting to be around groups, to finally feeling more myself without strange inhibition-disinhibition patterns, getting the good mood with all the enthusiasm and being interested in all kinds of shit again, incl doing whatever with other people. I experienced that with caffeine but I don't actually need any substances to get back to being myself. Just funny how 3 cups of coffee is enough to have that effect. I don't know if you relate to that lol

So anyway I'm not Ne/Fi type and I still relate, I guess it's more generic than specific functions. Just an I/E thing? I don't actually know..

EDIT: I see you are 27 years old. I'm a couple years older than you and it's a recent experience for me too. Humm funny that too
    Those *are* some funny similarities! Was caffeine a precipitating factor in the change to your patterns? You mentioned that you can feel more yourself even without it. Was there something else that you feel has contributed to your lift in mood (ie exercise, meditation, new job, etc)?

You might be right in that this is more of an I/E issue than a Ne/Fi thing. I'd like to do more research on inhibition and disinhibition, dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, and tendencies towards introversion and extraversion.

I feel like I'm definitely coming more into myself at this age more than any other. From what I've noticed, it seems like most people begin coming into themselves in their 20's. I wonder if this has much to do with biological processes that happen around that time, or if it's just a matter of having occupied space in one's body for over two decades and having a familiarity with the ins and outs of that state. Or...both. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
    549 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by thistlechaser View Post
    Those *are* some funny similarities! Was caffeine a precipitating factor in the change to your patterns? You mentioned that you can feel more yourself even without it. Was there something else that you feel has contributed to your lift in mood (ie exercise, meditation, new job, etc)?
    Yep funny!

No, caffeine wasn't a precipitating factor. It was me being confronted by how things weren't going in the right direction, not according to my dreams. It was really pretty bad and the experience of being confronted with that was pretty crazy. It had nothing to do with changing life style or taking substances, it was just a few lines that someone said that wasn't even intended by the person to have any special effect. The effect I almost felt physically. And that's when the change started. Maybe all this sounds totally crazy, but yeah that's how it went.

The caffeine thing I noticed sometime later and I just thought it was funny.

You might be right in that this is more of an I/E issue than a Ne/Fi thing. I'd like to do more research on inhibition and disinhibition, dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, and tendencies towards introversion and extraversion.
    Those all sound like really great topics

I feel like I'm definitely coming more into myself at this age more than any other. From what I've noticed, it seems like most people begin coming into themselves in their 20's. I wonder if this has much to do with biological processes that happen around that time, or if it's just a matter of having occupied space in one's body for over two decades and having a familiarity with the ins and outs of that state. Or...both. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
    No idea... in my case, the "myself" in "feeling more myself" means I'm more like I used to be a long time ago. I did attribute certain changes - changes for the worse - in my teens to biological processes. Well this one may be another biological process but I'm not sure. What's your gender? Just curious.

I don't really relate to the idea of getting more familiar with my body, I was always familiar with it. Maybe that's a S/N thing or an enneagram thing