User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    How about this?
    Hey Stansmith haha I was just getting ready to respond to BlackCat (Hi BlackCat - it's good to see you again)

I'll check this out first though...Thank you

edit: ummm I swear Stansmith's message was not here a few minutes ago but now I see it...and yet it's time-stamped 10:53am pst? My TypoC has been acting funny which is probably because of Facebook.

@Stansmith

The fact the descriptive "charming" was made use of 18 times in the first paragraph alone...I am now of the belief this entire thing was custom-written exclusively for me.

No, actually I do relate to this very well in spite of the fact JCF or MBTI Fe is foreign to me and often makes me feel extremely uncomfortable when I see it "in use" in others. A few things though...

There was recently some commentary on my tritype implying *we* were bullies of sorts...seemingly likely to take cheap-shots at others for sport. And because this description...which I am now indicating I identify with says: "Creates original contrasts, can unexpectedly jab at someone and then just as quickly embrace and kiss his conversation partner."...I just feel the strong need to make very clear the fact that while I will at times do just that... I would never have reason to do that to someone I do not know well...or at the very least...to someone I feel would misunderstand the very specific message I'm sending when I do "unexpectedly jab.' <-Which is... (and I feel this is very Fi which leaves me a bit confused here but...) I think it's bullshit to love people in parts which is what I see all around me everyday. When I love - I love the whole of the person and that is my way of saying just that. I love your flaws...your flaws are just as beautiful to me as all the fragmented pieces others, in their shallow and self-serving positions, are willing to appreciate.

^^this ties into why I do claim to be sensitive to criticism. Phony people that...in the grip of sickness deny their own flaws...but then come at me like I've got something to learn from them? They will not be received well...vocally haha.

Really, the only things I don't relate to are "Very much in need of praise and encouragement." Honestly, praise makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and most often I'm distrustful of it. It mentions 'support' from a strong other...and I definitely need that...but I see that as being force...that snaps me into focus. Not a *voice* that says a bunch of sugary things to me. That might creep me out haha.

Likewise, I don't relate to this need of being the center of attention. <-Which I recognize is a very PC/modest and thus appropriate thing to say...but I do not mean it in that way at all. Being the center of attention has always meant a level of commitment/responsibility to a group that I absolutely do not want even for the shortest of durations. I will only do this if there's a larger cause I'm serving.

What does this all mean though Stansmith? If I reject the things I mentioned would I still be considered INFp-Fe? Is it considered normal to be one MBTI type and a different socionics type?

Stansmith

@Starry

What does this all mean though Stansmith? If I reject the things I mentioned would I still be considered INFp-Fe? Is it considered normal to be one MBTI type and a different socionics type?
    All I can really say is that it..happens. Whether it's due to people being mistyped in one system or the other, I don't know. The functions are defined a bit differently, and I think it's better to approach the system as something new altogether as opposed to expecting everything to line up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    @Starry

All I can really say is that it..happens. Whether it's due to people being mistyped in one system or the other, I don't know. The functions are defined a bit differently, and I think it's better to approach the system as something new altogether as opposed to expecting everything to line up perfectly.
    I really appreciate it Stansmith. Thank you so much.
    @BlackCat I forgot to tell you that I do not relate to EIE. I also want you to explain all of this to me in extensive detail. Thank you in advance haha.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

Darn it, I clicked a link by accident and this hadn't autosaved my draft yet. Fortunately it was only a few sentences long. @Stansmith I agree about people occasionally being mistyped in one system or another. I wish there was some objective method of typing people exactly right on the first try, which would work for every person - some kind of brain-reading machine that would just scan you and give you a type. There are so many mistakes and mistypings and it causes the whole socionic system to fail.

My two cents, from a SLI/ISTP point of view, is that almost all of the ENFPs I've interacted with in the forums seem to be typed correctly and behave like IEEs/duals I've known from the real world.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

ENFP/ IEE here.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    ENFP/ IEE here.
    I tagged you in the thread because I know you self-type as IEE and wanted to find out exactly what about those profiles and delta quadra resonates with you.

Skimming through the descriptions, deltas in general come across as mild, laid back do gooders. IEE perhaps the least of all four delta types, but nevertheless, some of that vibe rubs off on them too.

By your own self descriptions, you seem nothing like what's described in those profiles in terms of vibe. I'm wondering how you reconciled the two--not because I doubt your self-typing but because I think it will be interesting and helpful for people to see how a passionate, intense 4 sx type can still be a delta. And hopefully lead to better, or at least more informed self-typings all around.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

This one is!

Ummm... well i'd say there is a propensity for it but it's not mutually exclusive as socionics uses the same base but goes on a slightly different trajectory than mbti. It's something that is very easily mistaken as being the same but is actually quite different. Both use psychology personality typing but look at different areas.

Often ENFP types as IEE (ENFp) but not always and sometimes some pretty funny changeovers occur. E.g I have seen an MBTI INFJ shape shift into a socionics SLE (ESTp) it's a very odd case but it does highlight that the two systems work pretty independently of each other.

That being said often the extroverted types have an easier handover.

So... was there anything the Op wanted to know in particular about the socionics IEE?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I tagged you in the thread because I know you self-type as IEE and wanted to find out exactly what about those profiles and delta quadra resonates with you.

Skimming through the descriptions, deltas in general come across as mild, laid back do gooders. IEE perhaps the least of all four delta types, but nevertheless, some of that vibe rubs off on them too.

By your own self descriptions, you seem nothing like what's described in those profiles in terms of vibe. I'm wondering how you reconciled the two--not because I doubt your self-typing but because I think it will be interesting and helpful for people to see how a passionate, intense 4 sx type can still be a delta. And hopefully lead to better, or at least more informed self-typings all around.
    Oh thats an interesting point senza, I think that IEE in the delta quadra are more laid back not in a literal sense but in an open minded sense. IEE can be stressy and highly strung, they also mediate to minimise misunderstanding and to allow each other their space to air their views but not to gain group consensus.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

I actually relate to socionics description of an ENFp much more than the MBTI one, especially with the Ne subtype. Also the function explanations seem more accurate.

On the other hand I don't relate to delta quadra at all, it all seem too Te.