• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI vs socionics functions

Dr. Blurr

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
New to typeC. I have a question for some of the members here. It seems pretty obvious to me that the descriptions of socionics functions Ni, Ne, Ti, and Te correlate with the MBTI descriptions of those same functions. but it seems like the descriptions of socionics Fi and Fe are named/listed as the opposite in mbti. Also, socionics Si seems to loosely describe the same preferences as mbti Se. socionics Se honestly seems too simplistic and more of an attitude/ character trait than an actual cognitive function. yet at the same time seems to fit with behaviors of mbti Se doms at times. my question to all of you is if you personally believe that aside from the small details and discrepancies between the wording and/or labeling of mbti-socionics functions, that overall they do indeed describe the same type and require no "conversion" unless it was a mistype to begin with?

yeghor

New to typeC. I have a question for some of the members here. It seems pretty obvious to me that the descriptions of socionics functions Ni, Ne, Ti, and Te correlate with the MBTI descriptions of those same functions. but it seems like the descriptions of socionics Fi and Fe are named/listed as the opposite in mbti. Also, socionics Si seems to loosely describe the same preferences as mbti Se. socionics Se honestly seems too simplistic and more of an attitude/ character trait than an actual cognitive function. yet at the same time seems to fit with behaviors of mbti Se doms at times. my question to all of you is if you personally believe that aside from the small details and discrepancies between the wording and/or labeling of mbti-socionics functions, that overall they do indeed describe the same type and require no "conversion" unless it was a mistype to begin with?

Check here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/socionics/69016-polr-thread-post2321991.html#post2321991

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hi there :) Yes some Fe/Fi things seem "switched up". Even some Ti/Te can be switched in certain cases. I don't think MBTI Se and socionics Si are the same but there's some similarity yes. I would like to ask why you think socionics Se is simplistic and just a character trait? Describe how you understood socionics Se?

No, I don't believe that types 100% correlate between the two systems.