User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 237

Thread: The PoLR Thread

  1. #81
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Thanks... I just glanced over them and found them to be similar enough...

    Which one do sound more like you infinity-?

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/istp.htm

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/istj.htm


    And which one for you @Alea_iacta_est ?

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/intj.htm

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/intp.htm
    If you recall, my PoLR was between the ILI's and the LIE's. Besides, I'm more inclined to ILI's Fe PoLR.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Thanks... I just glanced over them and found them to be similar enough...

    Which one do sound more like you infinity-?

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/istp.htm

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/istj.htm
    "Glancing over them..." sorry to say but that's really superficial use of logic. :P

    As for the links; neither describes me particularly well. But all that's just a silly assortment of concrete traits...

  3. #83
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    "Glancing over them..." sorry to say but that's really superficial use of logic. :P

    As for the links; neither describes me particularly well. But all that's just a silly assortment of concrete traits...
    logic... without data is pointless.

  4. #84
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    You'd probably have to ask @edchidna1000, he is a lot more qualified than me at Socionics explanations, but I would take a gander and say that Fi PoLR creates a problem in determining one's own stance with others, whether someone is directly friend or foe. (Though this might also be true of an Fi Hidden Agenda type such as the ILI due to the fact that it isn't that much stronger, but it would be more obvious for the ILE)
    I would say that one can tell the difference between Role and Vulnerable function, not just in terms of degrees of strength but also in the fact that the Vulnerable function is the opposite temperament to the Leading function while the Role is the same. Although an ILE will not value Se, Fi will be a lot more counter-intuitive to him because it's orthodox usage is IJ i.e. personal judgements leading to a sense of obligation and commitment.

    The difference between an Fe Mobilising/Fi Vulnerable and Fi Mobilising/Fe Vulnerable should be too difficult to spot when one considers the pairs working in tandem. For instance, xLE would be the sort who aspires to affect the emotions of his environment, for instance attempting to instil humour in the group. The attempt might backfire due to a failure to take into account people's individual sensibilities, accidentally upsetting someone and coming across as a disingenuous, insensitive jerk.

    xLI would be the sort who aspires to become a good person by following their moral compass and not being swayed by the group. However their inability to express their personal convictions warmly and persuasively will cause them to come across as an apathetic party-pooper.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  5. #85
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    "Glancing over them..." sorry to say but that's really superficial use of logic. :P

    As for the links; neither describes me particularly well. But all that's just a silly assortment of concrete traits...
    Do any of them describe you well? I am trying to ascertain how socionics translate to MBTI...

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/prof.htm

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    logic... without data is pointless.
    I never said data wasn't needed.

    I actually strongly argue for the need of using data. I'm a real data cruncher machine.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Do any of them describe you well? I am trying to ascertain how socionics translate to MBTI...

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/prof.htm
    Uhh I dunno. I don't feel like wading through all of them. I did read the ESTp one, I still don't relate to all of it, but some of it does work. I guess the order of the three I've read is ESTp, ISTj, ISTp in terms of how well they fit me. But really, that dumping of concrete traits together isn't going to define type that well.

    As for trying to understand how socionics compares to MBTI, that's a really complex topic IMO. If you're interested in analysing it further, cool. But basically it boils down to what was said earlier about how it's not oranges vs apples, nor oranges vs tangerines.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Do any of them describe you well? I am trying to ascertain how socionics translate to MBTI...

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/prof.htm
    Easily. The j/p switch for introverts. Keep the extroverted types the same.

    For example, INFj = INFP

  9. #89
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Easily. The j/p switch for introverts. Keep the extroverted types the same.

    For example, INFj = INFP
    What's the basis of this switching thing? ...I've also heard it being uttered elsewhere... Where does it originate from?

    I relate more to socionics INFj description... It's super-ego block is also compromised of Ti and Se, as in MBTI INFJ's tertiary and inferior...

    I think the switching thing is not the way to convert it... I believe XXXj/p in MBTI = XXXj/p in socionics...

  10. #90
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What's the basis of this switching thing? ...I've also heard it being uttered elsewhere... Where does it originate from?

    I relate more to socionics INFj description... It's super-ego block is also compromised of Ti and Se, as in MBTI INFJ's tertiary and inferior...

    I think the switching thing is not the way to convert it... I believe XXXj/p in MBTI = XXXj/p in socionics...
    Well you're wrong. Both systems are loosely based off of Jung's Psychological Types and descriptions of the functions. The Ni dominant in MBTI (INFJ) is the same as the Ni lead in Socionics (INFp).

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  2. The Beer Thread
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. The GHOST thread
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 08:47 AM
  4. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO