User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 237

Thread: The PoLR Thread

  1. #51
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Thx

    Um... for me it's simpler. I usually just don't feel anything. It's not that I don't know what I feel. Simply there is nothing to know about.

    When I do feel something I never try to give it a name or figure out what it means, I just sort of act it out, express it in whatever way I can.

    So I don't relate to this if this is Fi-PoLR. Not sure what that was about being diplomatic either :S

    @Vetani Tell me more?
    If you force me to think about what I feel about something, I will not know what I feel as a result of not feeling anything. There's also the societal expectation of being obligated to feel something when bad things happen.

    Like when my grandmother passed away last year, and she was in her final moments, my mother made me stroke her forehead and say the things coming out of her mouth. I refused and I looked at my grandmother with blank eyes from a distance. I just couldn't say or do what my mother wanted me to do because I just don't feel anything.

    The result of not knowing what I feel is because of that expectation, of having to feel something when you really don't. Puts you in a dilemma -- makes you wonder if you're a monster or what.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  2. #52
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Like @Stansmith, I'm torn between two options. I chose ESI over EII because that's what the "socionics experts" typed me as, so I'll go with Ne PoLR first (though @edchidna1000 typed me EII.)

    Ne PoLR
    I also find relativism taken too far deeply irritating, especially when applied to ethics. My IEE stepdad, who is not only more tolerant of ethical differences (well, the idea of ethical differences, anyway) but even actively seeks them out in people, and I, have locked horns on this issue many times. I think there are at least some objective standards to judge behavior and feel annoyed when people try to shirk or reject personal responsibility for their actions.

    Second, I'm resistant to change and newness. My first reaction, when presented a new idea or thought (especially one that's overly outlandish or playful) is to react with suspicion and disdain. Conversations that turn too speculative or move too far away from the original point confuse me. (This is an example of a thread I find confusing and annoying.)

    I hate brainstorming. I'm content to sit in and listen and identify ideas of worth (sometimes) but I'm not so good at generating them. Being given a brick and told to come up with 25 different uses for it would be calculated to make me freeze on the spot (and I would also think it's stupid.)

    Umm, what else. IEEs make me feel like I'm not quick enough on my feet or that I'm too rigid and harsh in my standards or too crude and unrefined (though that's more rare). I've also reacted poorly when people on here (particularly @Ginkgo) accused me of being too pessimistic and dismissive of people and their possible trajectories of growth (when I felt like I was just being realistic and responding to the scenario as it was.)

    Se PoLR:
    I react poorly to people who try to force me to do things without an explanation. My will is my own and I resent it when people try to control that. My instinctive urge is to push back and refuse to cooperate. I also would rather that people would take initiative and do things on their own without me having to push them constantly. I also think people should be kinder to each other and not resort so readily to violence.

    SEEs sometimes make me feel like a boring stick in the mud.

    ---

    I know I can't have both, so I'm just kind of ignoring this all for a while until a clear answer jumps out at me.

    Well, looking at this I'd say ESI.

    An ESI won't just submit to Se for no reason. Their Fi demands to know whether the reason for the control is good or not. At the same time, they will do a good job at resisting coercion rather than overreacting or breaking under it.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    If you force me to think about what I feel about something, I will not know what I feel as a result of not feeling anything. There's also the societal expectation of being obligated to feel something when bad things happen.

    Like when my grandmother passed away last year, and she was in her final moments, my mother made me stroke her forehead and say the things coming out of her mouth. I refused and I looked at my grandmother with blank eyes from a distance. I just couldn't say or do what my mother wanted me to do because I just don't feel anything.

    The result of not knowing what I feel is because of that expectation, of having to feel something when you really don't. Puts you in a dilemma -- makes you wonder if you're a monster or what.
    Hmm I see. You know, I relate to the extent that I don't feel anything either but... I don't give a fuck about those societal expectations. I would also not have done what your mother asked you to do. I never wondered if this made me a "monster". I'm actually quite comfortable being this way. Anyone who thinks it's bad can just fuck off.

    No, I don't say the above to others in such situations, I know it would be offensive. I just manage by simply keeping a blank face and not doing anything or leaving entirely, or perhaps, at best, giving a faint expression of what's expected, some facial expression, e.g. a quick superficial smile. Even then I still don't say anything about personal/inner feelings and I don't express them by action either. It did happen before that I offended others by this kind of behaviour - if I completely didn't attempt to align with expectations -, yes but I didn't give a shit.

    When I'm just asked about how I personally feel about something, that's simple too, I'll just say "dunno" or shrug or smile or something like that. I don't bother to put in the effort because I know there's nothing. Even if sometimes there happened to be something that I "feel" about whatever thing, it would be something pretty confusing, not an actual emotion either, really just something confusing and so I just ignore it. I would also not be comfortable talking about it anyway.

    So when you say you don't know what you feel because there's this expectation... I'm rather fine with admitting to myself that I don't feel anything. Thus, I exactly know what I feel: nothing. Guess that's why I didn't relate to your original description of this issue. Now, I do relate a lot more to what you actually meant.

    PS: Now I don't know if that's Fi Role or PoLR because I can give a similar description about my attitude to Ne.

  4. #54
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Hmm I see. You know, I relate to the extent that I don't feel anything either but... I don't give a fuck about those societal expectations. I would also not have done what your mother asked you to do. I never wondered if this made me a "monster". I'm actually quite comfortable being this way. Anyone who thinks it's bad can just fuck off.

    No, I don't say the above to others in such situations, I know it would be offensive. I just manage by simply keeping a blank face and not doing anything or leaving entirely, or perhaps, at best, giving a faint expression of what's expected, some facial expression, e.g. a quick superficial smile. Even then I still don't say anything about personal/inner feelings and I don't express them by action either. It did happen before that I offended others by this kind of behaviour - if I completely didn't attempt to align with expectations -, yes but I didn't give a shit.

    When I'm just asked about how I feel about something, that's simple too, I'll just say "dunno" or shrug or smile or something like that. I don't bother to put in the effort because I know there's nothing. Even if sometimes there happened to be something that I "feel" about whatever thing, it would be something pretty confusing, not an actual emotion either, really just something confusing and so I just ignore it.

    So when you say you don't know what you feel because there's this expectation... I'm rather fine with admitting to myself that I don't feel anything. Thus, I exactly know what I feel: nothing. Guess that's why I didn't relate to your original description of this issue. Now, I do relate a lot more to what you actually meant.

    PS: Now I don't know if that's Fi Role or PoLR because I can give a similar description about my attitude to Ne.
    /shrugs/ maybe it's something to do with being an image type vs a gut type.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    /shrugs/ maybe it's something to do with being an image type vs a gut type.
    That's a thought too. What's your enneagram?

  6. #56
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    That's a thought too. What's your enneagram?
    3w4 sx/so
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  7. #57
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    What would be a global difference for you, then?

    Yes it's difficult to make direct correlations because of that, though logical comparison is still possible in some ways.
    I see that the thread moved away to different topics but still...

    Let's say MBTI(Functionx) = Orange and Socionics(Functionx)=Tangerine... That would not be a global difference... Had the latter been=Apple, pear, banana etc. for instance, that would be a global\major difference...

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    EII is aristocrat dichotomy too in socionics
    What do you base that on?

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    What did you personally mean by that though?
    I meant the description (and the avatar therein) refers to INFp as some kind of spendthrift...bourgeois would be a better word perhaps...

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    That thread you linked to is pretty long... I think if you're interested in figuring out this IEI vs EII issue for you, you should really make a socionics typing thread in the typing forum section. I'm sure people will try to help.
    INFJs already have Ti in their stack infinity- ...

    Where's the thread owner though? Summoning @Alea_iacta_est...

  8. #58
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    @yeghor

    The aristocratic dichotomy is based on one of the Reinen Dichotomies called Democratic/Aristocratic.

    Typical characteristics

    Aristocrats
    • Inclined to perceive and refer to other people, and themselves, by means of groupings and categories that they see these people belonging to; these groupings may be created and defined by the Aristocrats themselves, rather than be already existing and socially defined ones.
    • Their initial attitude towards another person is influenced by their attitude towards the grouping they see this person belonging to.
    • Tend to attribute common qualities to members of same groupings, and define such groupings by these same qualities.
    • Inclined to refer to others using expressions that mention generalized features of their groupings.



    Democrats
    • Perceive and refer to other people, and themselves, primarily describing individual, personal qualities: frank, trustworthy, generous, unimaginative, lighthearted, good-looking, etc. which are generally not in connection to any grouping to which they might belong.
    • Form their relationships and attitudes toward other persons based on their own individual characteristics, rather than taking into account which grouping these persons fall into or their own relationships with the members of these circles and groupings.
    • Not inclined to perceive people as representatives of a certain grouping that supposedly possesses qualities inherent to people who comprise it.
    • When referring to others, not inclined to use expressions that mention the generalized features of the grouping or categories that these people belong to.


    from Wikisocion

  9. #59
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @yeghor

    The aristocratic dichotomy is based on one of the Reinen Dichotomies called Democratic/Aristocratic.
    This rather feels like a dichotomy between Republicans and Democrats rather than Aristocrats...perhaps the author was wary of drawing wrath of Republicans?

    Edit: Given that he was Russian, that wouldn't hold water though...

    What he was going after may be the dichotomy between "collectivism and individualism" though... I side more with collectivism to be honest but I am not on the extreme end... I'll read more into it...
    Last edited by yeghor; 04-13-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Edit

  10. #60
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    My own PoLR dilemma:

    Fe PoLR:
    1. I don't watch what I say whatsoever, and get surprised when people get offended by what I say. I usually respond with "How on earth could that have possibly been offensive?" in all seriousness, driving the person to become even more offended.
    2. (This could easily be NTR) I cuss like a sailor everywhere I go, and I have to consciously exert effort to control it in front of people, and it is impossible for me to understand how the simple saying of a cuss word could possibly offend someone if it is being used indirectly. It makes no god damn sense and it pisses me off.
    3. I never think about the repercussions events will have on other's emotional well-being, except when they directly tell me that this will hurt their feelings, in which case I still respond "Why?".

    Si PoLR:
    1. No sense of aesthetics whatsoever.
    2. Hygiene related tasks have to be made with a conscious effort, I absolutely abhor it when people make a comment about my body, but can never seem to fix it (super-ego definite?).
    3. No sense of style, I just wear things that are comfortable or even useful.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  2. The Beer Thread
    By Noel in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. The GHOST thread
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 08:47 AM
  4. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO