Thread: The PoLR Thread

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    The last time this happened to me was at a job interview. They had some vacant positions, but they were looking for the right person. In situations like that, you have to sell yourself, sometimes with the knowledge that even though you could perform, you're only one out of a number of available options. So you're not necessarily needed. If my goals are meant to be entirely self-serving, then things sort of fall into disarray in my mind. Ends aren't met. Does that clarify things?
    Yes that does.

Well just one thing, how exactly does a self-serving goal make your mind get into disarray? Mind elaborating on how and why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    It's funny because @Vetani is Fi polr while I'm Ti polr (ExTp vs ExFp) and often, a lot of what is considered simple to one of us has to be thoroughly explained to the other. But it definitely provides a sense of grasping that vulnerable function from being with someone that values it. I can't think of anything specific, so maybe he can chime in.
    Well if you can think of something specific, I'd like to hear about it.

Stansmith

It's funny because @Vetani is Fi polr while I'm Ti polr (ExTp vs ExFp) and often, a lot of what is considered simple to one of us has to be thoroughly explained to the other. But it definitely provides a sense of grasping that vulnerable function from being with someone that values it. I can't think of anything specific, so maybe he can chime in.
    Oh, interesting..I kind of assumed he was EIE-Fe based on his posting style.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Yes that does.

Well just one thing, how exactly does a self-serving goal make your mind get into disarray? Mind elaborating on how and why this happens?
    Without external approval, the reason for performing becomes uncertain, at best.

Side note: I'm starting to wonder if my PoLR description heavily bleeds into my impression of my Te.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Without external approval, the reason for performing becomes uncertain, at best.

Side note: I'm starting to wonder if my PoLR description heavily bleeds into my impression of my Te.
    Yeah I don't see this being specifically Se-related

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Well if you can think of something specific, I'd like to hear about it.
    I opened up Skype and Ctrl+F'd "polr." Take them how you will, here are some random bits I found.

[7/31/2013 11:17:55 PM] Lava Luke: #FiPoLR
    [7/31/2013 11:18:17 PM] Lava Luke: "inability to gauge personal relationships" - me
    [11/11/2013 3:20:45 AM] Chandler: which involves tending to your own emotions more and letting down your guard
    [11/11/2013 3:21:04 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: letting down my guard?
    [11/11/2013 3:21:11 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: tending to my own emotions?
    [11/11/2013 3:21:15 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I don't see the link
    [11/11/2013 3:21:24 AM] Chandler: i mean, from what the hugging thing said
    [11/11/2013 3:21:25 AM] Chandler: 8d
    [11/11/2013 3:21:26 AM] Chandler: LOL
    [11/11/2013 3:21:33 AM] Chandler: but i think tending to your emotions as in like
    [11/11/2013 3:21:47 AM] Chandler: instead of worrying about other people and trying to adapt for their sake
    [11/11/2013 3:22:28 AM] Chandler: be more upfront about how you feel so that your emotions are the ones that are being tended to
    [11/11/2013 3:22:58 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I want to do it diplomatically
    [11/11/2013 3:23:05 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I don't know
    [11/11/2013 3:23:06 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: adsfasdf
    [11/11/2013 3:23:44 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I FEEL
    [11/11/2013 3:24:03 AM] Chandler: 8d
    [11/11/2013 3:24:06 AM] Chandler: Fi polr?
    [11/11/2013 3:24:09 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: yes
    [12/3/2013 3:35:23 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I don't really trust Elfboy's assessments
    [12/3/2013 3:35:36 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: they lack consistency
    [12/3/2013 3:35:43 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: he's so textbook Ti polr
    [3/11/2014 10:19:39 PM] Chandler: i dont know why i tagged the straight dude post as him though
    [3/11/2014 10:19:45 PM] Chandler: sometimes i forget he likes guys too though
    [3/11/2014 10:19:55 PM] Chandler: he just seems so...typical straight dude
    [3/11/2014 10:19:57 PM] Crusader Nassera: because you are Ti polr
    [4/9/2014 11:45:44 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: narcissism go
    [4/9/2014 11:45:52 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: i might just be a covert narcissist
    [4/9/2014 11:46:08 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: because i make people underestimate me then I blow them away or something like that
    [4/9/2014 11:46:33 PM] Chandler: everyone is a little narcissistic in some ways
    [4/9/2014 11:47:12 PM] Chandler: meaning, we all have our own gains for being with people and our own self-interests
    [4/9/2014 11:47:35 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: i like that
    [4/9/2014 11:48:38 PM] Chandler: but the line is drawn whether you're actually exploiting relationships for those interests or you're gaining what you need from having an actual fulfilling relationship
    [4/9/2014 11:49:12 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: I like that even more
    [4/9/2014 11:49:41 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: you know you're the first Fi ego that doesn't irritate me
    [4/9/2014 11:49:57 PM] Chandler: :P
    [4/9/2014 11:50:06 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: and the first I've learned something from
    [4/9/2014 11:50:11 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: that sir, is golden
    [4/9/2014 11:50:19 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: I've never thought about it until you said it
    [4/9/2014 11:50:23 PM] Hærpinä Derpindottir: #polr
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Oh, interesting..I kind of assumed he was EIE-Fe based on his posting style.
    You know, I don't get this about certain Beta stereotypes, they all sound so all-over-the-place Fe. How much do SLEs and LSIs do that sort of thing honestly? I don't relate at all - most of the time - but I'm not Fe ego, so... I'm not saying I specifically dislike it or anything but I don't do it much myself.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Se PoLR

I definitely harbor insecurities with my Se. The impending feeling that I'm not measuring up to my potential, or that I can't grasp opportunities, frequently burdens my mind. I envy successful risk-takers. When I attempt to take initiative, it leaves me feeling drained and hollow, even though not everyone can see it. When the outcome leaves something to be desired, gambling like this is reduced to a complete waste until I collect myself and glean whatever wisdom of hindsight I can from my failures. I probably project onto everyone a slight feeling that they expect me to aim higher or to serve them. When I interact with those who don't hold those expectations, I can become slightly disoriented, which makes the process of making myself appealing almost invariably abysmal.
    When I'd first had the pursuit to actively tap into Se (it was late in high school after being surrounded by it; I had no formal knowledge of cognitive functions whatsoever)... I'd decreased my tendency to acknowledge symbols/patterns as to prevent operative synthesis/analysis as my primary mode... and focused on attending to most everything in my path (seizing moments) while staying in rather-constant activity. I did this for about a year... before integrating everything I'd passively noted. Even though Se is your PoLR function, maybe this could give you a better understanding of what the function entails - such that it might burden you less. And perhaps increasing your Te-usage would be additionally valuable for you as an EII (as Se-usage was for me).

-----

To answer the question (I have Te-PoLR): Te can be imposing on me when I might try to achieve something, or look like I am/not. With Fe as my own, consciously-valued extraverted judging function, I also have my own goals that I want to carry out... and would rather get objective feedback on ethics than logic. At the same rate... having an ESTj sister and many Te-users at my workplace - I had to learn how to get used to (and/or survive) some of my least-preferred way of doing things.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

I opened up Skype and Ctrl+F'd "polr." Take them how you will, here are some random bits I found.
    Thx

[11/11/2013 3:20:45 AM] Chandler: which involves tending to your own emotions more and letting down your guard
    [11/11/2013 3:21:04 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: letting down my guard?
    [11/11/2013 3:21:11 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: tending to my own emotions?
    [11/11/2013 3:21:15 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I don't see the link
    [11/11/2013 3:21:24 AM] Chandler: i mean, from what the hugging thing said
    [11/11/2013 3:21:25 AM] Chandler: 8d
    [11/11/2013 3:21:26 AM] Chandler: LOL
    [11/11/2013 3:21:33 AM] Chandler: but i think tending to your emotions as in like
    [11/11/2013 3:21:47 AM] Chandler: instead of worrying about other people and trying to adapt for their sake
    [11/11/2013 3:22:28 AM] Chandler: be more upfront about how you feel so that your emotions are the ones that are being tended to
    [11/11/2013 3:22:58 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I want to do it diplomatically
    [11/11/2013 3:23:05 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I don't know
    [11/11/2013 3:23:06 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: adsfasdf
    [11/11/2013 3:23:44 AM] Vita-Binder Vetani: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I FEEL
    Um... for me it's simpler. I usually just don't feel anything. It's not that I don't know what I feel. Simply there is nothing to know about.

When I do feel something I never try to give it a name or figure out what it means, I just sort of act it out, express it in whatever way I can.

So I don't relate to this if this is Fi-PoLR. Not sure what that was about being diplomatic either :S

@Vetani Tell me more?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    When I'd first had the pursuit to actively tap into Se (it was late in high school after being surrounded by it; I had no formal knowledge of cognitive functions whatsoever)... I'd decreased my tendency to acknowledge symbols/patterns as to prevent operative synthesis/analysis as my primary mode... and focused on attending to most everything in my path (seizing moments) while staying in rather-constant activity. I did this for about a year... before integrating everything I'd passively noted. Even though Se is your PoLR function, maybe this could give you a better understanding of what the function entails - such that it might burden you less. And perhaps increasing your Te-usage would be additionally valuable for you as an EII (as Se-usage was for me).
    Lol late high school, that's when I tried to engage superid more too, I think.

I don't see myself playing that much with either Ne or Fi, though. (One of those being my PoLR) As side effects at most...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    When I'd first had the pursuit to actively tap into Se (it was late in high school after being surrounded by it; I had no formal knowledge of cognitive functions whatsoever)... I'd decreased my tendency to acknowledge symbols/patterns as to prevent operative synthesis/analysis as my primary mode... and focused on attending to most everything in my path (seizing moments) while staying in rather-constant activity. I did this for about a year... before integrating everything I'd passively noted. Even though Se is your PoLR function, maybe this could give you a better understanding of what the function entails - such that it might burden you less. And perhaps increasing your Te-usage would be additionally valuable for you as an EII.

-----

To answer the question (I have Te-PoLR): Te can be imposing on me when I might try to achieve something, or look like I am/not. With Fe as my own, consciously-valued extraverted judging function, I also have my own goals... and would rather get objective feedback on ethics than logic. At the same rate... having an ESTj sister and many Te-users at my workplace - I had to learn how to get used to (and/or survive) some of my least-preferred way of doing things.
    I've had extended periods like the year you mentioned, and now I recognize how Se ties in. I never considered the possibility that I integrated certain contents until I read your post, but it's more than plausible. I'll give this some more thought. Thanks.