User Tag List

First 1321222324 Last

Thread: The PoLR Thread

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    I wouldn't want to brand an entire type as "lazy", that's not only typism but confusion over cause and effect. I realize there are trends of course - types vs concrete traits - but that's not the same

Anyway.. this stability topic, the main problem with it is that you say PoLR's don't like a desire for stability in others, while the theory also says that PoLR types do not want uncertainty and thus they can often prefer stability. Much like MBTI SJ types. And then, if you consider that the theory says that PoLR's are actually the duals of Si PoLR's, this idea of yours about PoLR doesn't check out. If you can resolve that issue then by all means do so... I'm willing to hear you :P
    PoLR's aren't afraid of instability, they express displeasure in conceptual instability, as in the presence of an extremely over-complicated system that is forcing the xSI to acknowledge it, where there is no grounding or anchor to save them from the sea of possibilities. PoLRs are actually relatively good at dealing with instability, considering they have , a function oriented toward physical instability and exactly what is happening before their eyes and the environment they perceive (which is why is considered instinctual and raw sometimes, as it allows the user to intuitively adapt to the situation before their eyes physically). What PoLR's don't like about instability is the presence of too many options, where their can't find something to latch onto to give them perspective of the situation (as they typically rely on the option that, in a way, feels right or lines in accordance with perceived reality or evidence). The reason why PoLR's and PoLR's typically get along is due to the natural un-valuing of both of those functions, to where the xIE's despise those who strive for stability in the physical environment and order for the sake of comfort (instead of efficiency) and the xSI's despise those who over-complicate situations without any direct physical evidence to do so. They find value in each other because they can strengthen the / axis, where physical data is the source of all theories so that reasonably provable implications can be found.

You can tell the difference between the Role Function and the Vulnerable Function based on how you receive criticism to it.

When the role function is criticized, it is perceived as a personal weakness that needs to be worked on and that the criticism is somewhat fair.
    When the vulnerable function is criticized, it is perceived as ridiculous to call you out on and unfair, something that you wish could just go away on its own.

Furthermore, the Role function is typically going to be something you are painfully aware of to the point where it is a source of worry when entering situations where it may be necessarily used (which can be the case of the vulnerable function as well, but in a different light*)

The Vulnerable function is typically going to be something you aren't cognizant of and are extremely neglecting of, where the only places you'll expect it is when you know that the information or tasks will be presented to you.

*The Vulnerable function will typically be a source of worry when you know that the occasion or task you must do will call for it specifically, otherwise, this honor is usually left to the Role Function.

uh who wrote these things?
    The author's name is given at the top. But's that's not what you are asking is it?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    PoLR's aren't afraid of instability, they express displeasure in conceptual instability, as in the presence of an extremely over-complicated system that is forcing the xSI to acknowledge it, where there is no grounding or anchor to save them from the sea of possibilities. PoLRs are actually relatively good at dealing with instability, considering they have , a function oriented toward physical instability and exactly what is happening before their eyes and the environment they perceive (which is why is considered instinctual and raw sometimes, as it allows the user to intuitively adapt to the situation before their eyes physically). What PoLR's don't like about instability is the presence of too many options, where their can't find something to latch onto to give them perspective of the situation (as they typically rely on the option that, in a way, feels right or lines in accordance with perceived reality or evidence). The reason why PoLR's and PoLR's typically get along is due to the natural un-valuing of both of those functions, to where the xIE's despise those who strive for stability in the physical environment and order for the sake of comfort (instead of efficiency) and the xSI's despise those who over-complicate situations without any direct physical evidence to do so. They find value in each other because they can strengthen the / axis, where physical data is the source of all theories so that reasonably provable implications can be found.
    Hmm okay. I've heard about Ne PoLR examples before where it manifested in physical situations. E.g. the LSI planning out something, some complex thing to be executed where then they get upset by things as simple as a 5 minute delay due to an unforeseen circumstance.

You can tell the difference between the Role Function and the Vulnerable Function based on how you receive criticism to it.

When the role function is criticized, it is perceived as a personal weakness that needs to be worked on and that the criticism is somewhat fair.
    When the vulnerable function is criticized, it is perceived as ridiculous to call you out on and unfair, something that you wish could just go away on its own.
    Hmm it's the I wish could just go away on its own. I feel criticism about it is unfair, though the word "ridiculous" is a bit strong. If I could call it ridiculous, it would mean that I'm pretty confident in the evaluation. Well, sometimes I can do this through .

If related criticism means that I'm supposed to see the main point of something, well I do try and strive for seeing that and so in that sense the expectation is fair enough, it's just that I often don't agree with the criticism that I'm missing the main point of whatever someone said. Other than this, I don't see as something I should work on. I can do just fine with / thank-you

Furthermore, the Role function is typically going to be something you are painfully aware of to the point where it is a source of worry when entering situations where it may be necessarily used (which can be the case of the vulnerable function as well, but in a different light*)
    Can you give me an example for in this context? What kind of situation would require that much?

The Vulnerable function is typically going to be something you aren't cognizant of and are extremely neglecting of, where the only places you'll expect it is when you know that the information or tasks will be presented to you.
    Again, example in terms of ?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    The author's name is given at the top. But's that's not what you are asking is it?
    that's right lol

Socionics
    ILI

Can you give me an example for in this context? What kind of situation would require that much?

Again, example in terms of ?
    Role would probably manifest into the realization that you aren't good with seeing connections between things in the environment on an analogical or metaphorical basis; meaning that you should recognize (at least internally) that you aren't so good with people using metaphors or analogies to explain concepts (not the fun kinds like fingers:hand::toes:foot, but the insipid "Y'know, trains are basically iron horses that feed on coal instead of hay"), instead wanting to know just the facts of a situation so that you can figure it out for yourself through looking at what actually is and how it logically fits together (a resemblance of -). You might see this with decision-making and having a plethora of options to choose from without really having any objective data or facts to rest your decision upon, causing indecisiveness and ambiguity, which is desperately loathed, as information without a physical manifestation is too all-encompassing and unrealistic.

The Vulnerable function is simply the Role Function except with a complete disregard for its information until it is brought specifically to your attention (usually with criticism). Furthermore, it should seem completely baffling, how is anyone reasonable supposed to make anything out with this ambiguous mess of metaphors, analogies, and baseless speculation?

that's right lol
    It's not funny.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Role would probably manifest into the realization that you aren't good with seeing connections between things in the environment on an analogical or metaphorical basis; meaning that you should recognize (at least internally) that you aren't so good with people using metaphors or analogies to explain concepts (not the fun kinds like fingers:hand::toes:foot, but the insipid "Y'know, trains are basically iron horses that feed on coal instead of hay"), instead wanting to know just the facts of a situation so that you can figure it out for yourself through looking at what actually is and how it logically fits together (a resemblance of -). You might see this with decision-making and having a plethora of options to choose from without really having any objective data or facts to rest your decision upon, causing indecisiveness and ambiguity, which is desperately loathed, as information without a physical manifestation is too all-encompassing and unrealistic.

The Vulnerable function is simply the Role Function except with a complete disregard for its information until it is brought specifically to your attention (usually with criticism). Furthermore, it should seem completely baffling, how is anyone reasonable supposed to make anything out with this ambiguous mess of metaphors, analogies, and baseless speculation?
    Well yes I realized this about me not being good with seeing such connections - and not even interested in it - when I started studying these cognitive function theories. I don't think I was aware before. I can recall some criticism that I had before figuring out these things but the criticism didn't make much sense back then. But, I could say the exact same about stuff. I did have a hard time understanding that these things (both and stuff) even exist in people in some form.

Have you got a good question to differentiate which of these two is more ignored (thus weaker, PoLR) in my case, then? :P

It's not funny.
    Now why not

Well yes I realized this about me not being good with seeing such connections - and not even interested in it - when I started studying these cognitive function theories. I don't think I was aware before. I can recall some criticism that I had before figuring out these things but the criticism didn't make much sense back then. But, I could say the exact same about stuff. I did have a hard time understanding that these things (both and stuff) even exist in people in some form.

Have you got a good question to differentiate which of these two is more ignored (thus weaker, PoLR) in my case, then? :P

Now why not
    It's funny I was just in a bad mood. [emoji20]

Socionics
    ILI

A good question? Probably not. You may have to analyze yourself for your Suggestive and/or Mobilizing to figure out your type if those two functions are hard to recognize in yourself or differentiate.

The only other thing I can really say is that the Role function will be characterized by its designation as a major weakness that you specifically need to work on and that the Vulnerable function will be characterized by its designation as something that can't be helped or worked on (it's inescapable).

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

It's funny I was just in a bad mood. [emoji20]
    glad you are no longer in a bad one, then

A good question? Probably not. You may have to analyze yourself for your Suggestive and/or Mobilizing to figure out your type if those two functions are hard to recognize in yourself or differentiate.
    I've got as far as recognizing them as weak and unvalued functions just fine. Further differentation is the issue.

The only other thing I can really say is that the Role function will be characterized by its designation as a major weakness that you specifically need to work on and that the Vulnerable function will be characterized by its designation as something that can't be helped or worked on (it's inescapable).
    The thing is I just don't give a rat's ass about either or

I don't see how I'd be better at either one and I don't really care to try. With , if I was to try "Ne-ing", it truly feels like a block in my brain, making me disinterested. Sometimes I can get past the block a bit but it still leaves me disinterested and I don't like how it's going against . As for , I just simply don't get it. Basically, I just can't be consistent with but I can with . If I was to try "Fi-ing" without using , I just get confused.

I guess this is still unhelpful in determining the difference? Let me know if it was actually telling something.

Socionics
    ILI

glad you are no longer in a bad one, then

I've got as far as recognizing them as weak and unvalued functions just fine. Further differentation is the issue.

The thing is I just don't give a rat's ass about either or

I don't see how I'd be better at either one and I don't really care to try. With , if I was to try "Ne-ing", it truly feels like a block in my brain, making me disinterested. Sometimes I can get past the block a bit but it still leaves me disinterested and I don't like how it's going against . As for , I just simply don't get it. Basically, I just can't be consistent with but I can with . If I was to try "Fi-ing" without using , I just get confused.

I guess this is still unhelpful in determining the difference? Let me know if it was actually telling something.
    Well, you are owning while distancing yourself from . You also cannot use and at the same time, they are direct counter-perspectives, only one can be utilized at a time (so when someone hits your Vulnerable, you are distanced from your normal creative ).

However, you will rationalize weaknesses in the Vulnerable Function with the Demonstrative function and will mock the Vulnerable function's manifestation in the world around you with the Demonstrative function (which is an axis, which in this particular case would be / (V/D), or /).