User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: The PoLR Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    And I feel much inferior when it comes to my lack of Se...rather than Te... When angered, I can raise my voice and use Te (rather easily)...
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

The second row of Model A (functions 3 and 4) is called the Super-Ego block. The individual's free and spontaneous use of the Ego block functions implies limitations on the use of these functions, which are a kind of rejected alternative to the Ego block. Each type tends to believe that his own Super-Ego functions are meant to be used only for the purposes established by the Ego functions; that is, their application is limited to serving the Ego block's interests. When a person's own interests are not sufficiently developed and people around him pressure him to be more competent with his Super-Ego functions, distress and disappointment result. The psyche is not able to channel energy through the Super-Ego functions long enough to achieve lasting results, which leads to disappointment, guilt, and even neuroses if the individual believes that the development of these functions is the measure of his worth as a person.

The Super-Ego functions are the source of much self-consciousness. When among strangers or critical onlookers, people tend to suddenly become aware of the possible inadequacy of their Super-Ego functions and often respond in one of two ways: (1) demonstratively act through these functions to create an illusion of confidence, or (2) demonstratively state their complete incompetency or rejection of these areas.

The Super-Ego functions are in the mental ring and thus describe things that the individual tries to mentally formulate for himself. However, in contrast to the Ego block functions, the Super-Ego functions almost always keep their conclusions to themselves. Any information which is shared in these areas is meant for abstract discussion, rather than actual advice or criticism.

These functions are prone to inflexibility and tend to reject new information unless it comes from first-hand experience or sources that they already respect. These functions have great difficulty producing confident and creative responses in unfamiliar situations.

People rarely appreciate direct commentary and analysis of their Super-Ego function behavior except by highly trusted friends. Otherwise, they tend to automatically suspect ill will towards them. Criticism of these aspects of a person's life can produce long-lasting animosity. The person may either vehemently defend himself (too vehemently given the nature of the criticism) or close up and ruminate about the situation for days. Outright praise, on the other hand, produces an unexpected self-esteem boost.
    By saying that the super-ego block is usually in service of the ego-block and that both blocks lie in the conscious realm of the individual, I think it can be deduced that they are the strongest 4 functions of the individual...

Perhaps it would be best to question the function stack order of the socionics model first...?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    By saying that the super-ego block is usually in service of the ego-block and that both blocks lie in the conscious realm of the individual, I think it can be deduced that they are the strongest 4 functions of the individual...

Perhaps it would be best to question the function stack order of the socionics model first...?
    That makes total sense, because the PoLR obviously isn't the weakest function and the critical blind-spot inherent of a type, and the role function doesn't completely impair the lead function and cripple it juxtaposing the suggestive function's complementary attitude to the lead. While we are at it, the Id block must be the weakest of all the functions then, even though they are simply different attitudes to the ego block's functions.

Yep. Perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    That makes total sense, because the PoLR obviously isn't the weakest function and the critical blind-spot inherent of a type, and the role function doesn't completely impair the lead function and cripple it juxtaposing the suggestive function's complementary attitude to the lead. While we are at it, the Id block must be the weakest of all the functions then, even though they are simply different attitudes to the ego block's functions.

Yep. Perfect sense.
    My head hurts...

Socionics
    ILI

Does anybody actually want to share what their PoLR is like?

@sulfit (I know of your expertise in Socionics)
    @Azure Flame (same)
    @senza tema (also same)
    @superunknown

et alia?

@Azure Flame (same)
    @senza tema (also same)

et alia?
    actually?

Stansmith

I guess I have two options.

-I find it somewhat annoying when people over-contextualize ethics and trivialize the responsibility people have over their actions regardless of their upbringing, low social standing or lack of 'privilege' (except in extreme cases). In most cases, I assume shitty/immoral behavior is the result of poor character and should be punished accordingly, and I perceive my failures as being my own responsibility and not society's or whatever social group I'm perceived to be subordinated by. (Ne PoLR)

-I tend to feel insecure about the logical consistency of my arguments/opinions. (Ti PoLR)

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I guess I have two options.

-I find it somewhat annoying when people over-contextualize ethics and trivialize the responsibility people have over their actions regardless of their upbringing, low social standing or lack of 'privilege'. In most cases, I assume shitty/immoral behavior is the result of poor character and should be punished accordingly, and I perceive my failures as being my own responsibility and not society's or whatever social group I'm perceived to be subordinated by. (Ne PoLR)

-I tend to feel insecure about the logical consistency of my arguments/opinions. (Ti PoLR)
    Wouldn't it appeal to probability to assume that due to the specificity of one of your options that that option is in fact your PoLR?

The more revealing question here would be which hurts you more, someone criticizing your logic, or someone criticizing your ideas? (oversimplified, but still feasibly telling)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@Azure Flame (same)
    @senza tema (also same)
    @superunknown

et alia?
    OMG THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER AND now I wanna go to bed.

Stansmith

The more revealing question here would be which hurts you more, someone criticizing your logic, or someone criticizing your ideas? (oversimplified, but still feasibly telling)
    Yeah, I'll have to keep that in mind. I think the latter generally bothers me more, or at least it seems more...antithetical to my way of viewing things, whereas the former is easier to brush off in most cases.