• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The beta quadra

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sulfit, there's an enormous difference between attacking a system you've concluded is flawed...and solely as a consequence of that doubt the intellect of that system's practitioners (<-which literally happens all the time...everyday...to everyone. Ask any tarot card reader or acupuncturist or Christian or vegan or...) and attacking an individual's character. Perhaps it would be best if you were to separate your ego from socionics...so that you are in a position to present its concepts without becoming defensive and emotional about it.

I totally agree.

Here's why I want to understand this...
I believe language...the words we make use of...profoundly shape our perceptions of reality. And so when I take a look at the words being used in this thread to define my type...how surprised do you think I am right now that the one member/person I know that is a true socionics buff ( [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] )...has littered the internet with his hatred of NFPs? Not surprised at all...this all makes sense to me now.

Please tell me how Te and Ti are defined. Thank you.

This was pretty good on Ti/Te:

The formal definitions are these:

Ti = External Statics of Fields i.e. truths, axioms, laws.

Te = External Dynamics of Objects i.e. methods, processes, mechanisms.

(from a post of [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION])

Starry

I totally agree.

This was pretty good on Ti/Te:

The formal definitions are these:

Ti = External Statics of Fields i.e. truths, axioms, laws.

Te = External Dynamics of Objects i.e. methods, processes, mechanisms.

(from a post of [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION])

Thank you so much infinity... I very much appreciate you taking the time to answer this for me.

I should have been more specific though in anticipation of someone other than sulfit stepping in to answer... and so if it's not too late... In addition to the socionics definitions of Te and Ti would you be willing to provide commentary on this quote:

That Fe is more objective and mature than Fi when it comes to forming relationships and character judgments...

^^is this your understanding of Fe and Fi as well? And if so would this same understanding be applicable to Te and Ti?

And finally, if Ne is understood as naive and childlike... and Fi is merely Fe's under-developed counterpart...do you believe it is possible for someone to develop a negative bias towards NFPs if they were especially immersed in the concepts of this system?

That's all I want to understand...and thank you again.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen a couple INFp's act that way also, strangely enough. A lot more cursewords, aggressive ad-hominem attacks, etc. - not that I consider it to be a problem, per se (it can often add a more genuine, spontaneous feel to the interactions that take place), but it's interesting to observe.

I have seen that as well though only on an MBTI site with a socionics sub forum; I think it might have something to do with the cross over. The IEI is a pretty feminine type compared to JCFs more gender neutral stance, not to mention that it loses its intellectual nature. What is an IEI left to do but to try to be a tough guy?

I should have been more specific though in anticipation of someone other than sulfit stepping in to answer... and so if it's not too late... In addition to the socionics definitions of Te and Ti would you be willing to provide commentary on this quote:

I presume by this you are opening the floor to any one able to offer an explanation? If not I hope you will not mind the intrusion. :)

^^is this your understanding of Fe and Fi as well? And if so would this same understanding be applicable to Te and Ti?

Yes and sort of for the second part. The Ti Te relationship would keep the same principle but adhere to their respective criteria. For example it could look like this:

Te is more objective and mature than Ti when it comes to forming reasoning and analytical judgements.

I will explain this in greater detail soon but first there are two important things to remember about socionics before I explain. Firstly socionics is meant to be an observational science; most parts of socionics revolve around a “objective” observers analysis. Secondly most of the socionics you can read in English is machine translated, and often seems to use odd word choices.

For instance what if I changed the word mature with all its shades of meaning for realist? If I was to say that Fe is a realist compared too Fi idealism? Now from the outside perspective watching a Fi and Fe user interact, would you not conclude that the individual intent on pragmatically maintaining group cohesion was the more mature one? That is not to say that Fi idealism does not have its time and place. Yes you can play the same scenario with Te and Ti.

And finally, if Ne is understood as naive and childlike... and Fi is merely Fe's under-developed counterpart...do you believe it is possible for someone to develop a negative bias towards NFPs if they were especially immersed in the concepts of this system?

That's all I want to understand...and thank you again.

:laugh: Firstly I am going to take a wild guess and say this individual you are thinking of is a STP of some stripe? The answer is yes it is extremely common. The reasons for this are multitude; I’ll put it in bullet points so it doesn’t look so messy:

• socionics is an actual branch of Russian science, it has somewhere in the realm of two thousand thesis’s; which means that its stereotypes make MBTI JCFs look minuscule and wafer thin by comparison.

• Not all Quadra’s or functions are valued equally; the majority of socionics experts are reportedly male Alpha and Gamma NTs. So the other two Quadra’s and the functions that are considered feminine Fi and Si and to a lesser degree Fe are held in mixed regard, and those attitudes are played out online.

• Unfortunately Deltas hold the stereotype of being the SJs of the socionics world; I believe they go so far as to lay monotheistic religion and all its holy wars and massacres at Deltas feet. Luckily Betas take up the mantle of pre-Christian tribal barbarism so you get share in all that delightful horror.

• Lastly this one is directly related to your presumably STP individual. NFPs are supposed to be their relationship of conflict the hardest relationship to form and maintain. There top functions are your weaknesses and vice versa, it’s a relationship that when viewed from the observer position is one in which miscommunication is paramount nothing you say or do is ever right. But in some socionics circles it’s anybody you hate; which gives you free reign to bash them as much as you please.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have seen that as well though only on an MBTI site with a socionics sub forum; I think it might have something to do with the cross over. The IEI is a pretty feminine type compared to JCFs more gender neutral stance, not to mention that it loses its intellectual nature. What is an IEI left to do but to try to be a tough guy?

The IEI-Ni is described as pretty intellectual. "They can fulfill the functions of an abstract thinker" (Wikisocion)

Lastly this one is directly related to your presumably STP individual. NFPs are supposed to be their relationship of conflict the hardest relationship to form and maintain. There top functions are your weaknesses and vice versa, it’s a relationship that when viewed from the observer position is one in which miscommunication is paramount nothing you say or do is ever right. But in some socionics circles it’s anybody you hate; which gives you free reign to bash them as much as you please.

Don't mix MBTI with socionics.

Socionics actually says the duals of STp's are NFp's. Because of the match of irrationality. ESTp&INFp and ISTp&ENFp. The conflictor will be the opposite on the rational/irrational dichotomy, STp conflictors are NFj's.

Oh yeah and it's stupid to label everyone you hate as your conflictor.

Starry

I presume by this you are opening the floor to any one able to offer an explanation? If not I hope you will not mind the intrusion. :)

I was, and thank you for it. And thank you for being childlike enough to recognize I wanted one prior to the close of the decade haha I'm kidding. This is exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate it so much. It's good to cross paths with you again Dr.

Yes and sort of for the second part. The Ti Te relationship would keep the same principle but adhere to their respective criteria. For example it could look like this:

Te is more objective and mature than Ti when it comes to forming reasoning and analytical judgements.

I will explain this in greater detail soon but first there are two important things to remember about socionics before I explain. Firstly socionics is meant to be an observational science; most parts of socionics revolve around a “objective” observers analysis. Secondly most of the socionics you can read in English is machine translated, and often seems to use odd word choices.

For instance what if I changed the word mature with all its shades of meaning for realist? If I was to say that Fe is a realist compared too Fi idealism? Now from the outside perspective watching a Fi and Fe user interact, would you not conclude that the individual intent on pragmatically maintaining group cohesion was the more mature one? That is not to say that Fi idealism does not have its time and place. Yes you can play the same scenario with Te and Ti.

I'm not sure where and when you will be expanding on your definitions but I would like it very much if you were to mention me when you do so I do not miss them. This all makes sense. And yes, I'm no stranger to this notion of Je/Ji objective/subjective realist/idealist. <-These descriptives are certainly far easier to swallow than mature/still drooling and in diapers. It's that damn Russian language you say? :wink: How are we supposed to translate words properly when they are each made up of 57 constonants? Impossible. Pfft.

:laugh: Firstly I am going to take a wild guess and say this individual you are thinking of is a STP of some stripe?

I've been studying the naive, childlike function and intelligence...as there's been a bit of a stir in the social science community in this regard (stemming from research on ADD & ADHD.) ^^And what you just did there... it basically encapsulates everything they're now saying about us. Just how fast our minds work... how we instantly arrive at accurate conclusions... You've got the gift my friend haha... (totally making myself laugh here) Childlike doms = awesome.

• socionics is an actual branch of Russian science, it has somewhere in the realm of two thousand thesis’s; which means that its stereotypes make MBTI JCFs look minuscule and wafer thin by comparison.

• Not all Quadra’s or functions are valued equally; the majority of socionics experts are reportedly male Alpha and Gamma NTs. So the other two Quadra’s and the functions that are considered feminine Fi and Si and to a lesser degree Fe are held in mixed regard, and those attitudes are played out online.

• Unfortunately Deltas hold the stereotype of being the SJs of the socionics world; I believe they go so far as to lay monotheistic religion and all its holy wars and massacres at Deltas feet. Luckily Betas take up the mantle of pre-Christian tribal barbarism so you get share in all that delightful horror.

• Lastly this one is directly related to your presumably STP individual. NFPs are supposed to be their relationship of conflict the hardest relationship to form and maintain. There top functions are your weaknesses and vice versa, it’s a relationship that when viewed from the observer position is one in which miscommunication is paramount nothing you say or do is ever right. But in some socionics circles it’s anybody you hate; which gives you free reign to bash them as much as you please.

Okay that bolded part... that is one of the COOLEST things I've ever read...(and just when I was getting ready to dismiss this as shit too.) Now I'm hooked. Now I'm getting a bloody-looking tattoo that says *delta quadra* in stylized Crusader script. I feel very good about this system now.

As for the STP...yah haha...a couple nights ago I was like OOOOOOOOoooooOOHHHHHH I get it.

You are amazing ENP brother. :wubbie: Thank you so much.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
The brain patterns stuff, is that Nardi or some other research?

DeYoung. He has a lot of work you can look up.

And what should happen after I envision it?

It's the practice that can allow you to better decide whether an action would be worth its consequences in the long run... it also depends on the situation and, many times, you'd need to decide within milliseconds. It can also help you figure out whether you're a Beta or Gamma; my Se (dom/aux) friends/acquaintances had this problem rather early in life (mainly the Se-doms). I had almost the opposite, so we've always been warm toward one another (even when they'd make fun of me when we'd hang out, lol, in which I'd return the favor). If you'd want to be able to console others and/or bring order (productive communication) to a group of people as a goal... you just might be a Beta. Even my ESTP ex (who knows how to offend)... wanted to learn how to build better rapports (in which he was generally already good at). Most people think he's cool... but he can be very blunt at times. When my ISTP friend wasn't getting along/talking with his INTJ roommate... my ex commented, "Why not just say something? Why would anyone want to be in such an awkward situation..?" In his eyes... people are just people and there's no need to make the situation more miserable. I'd agree with this more often than not... but not when I'd just want alone time, lol.

Do you personally have a problem with conflicts/fights in general?

Not a personal problem in that I wouldn't be able to stand it or believe that it'd be necessary at times (I'm rather quick on my feet when my Fe would automatically push out my Se during heated moments); I think everybody has their own world... and in respecting their boundaries (as a whole), I try to uphold some ways of doing things that I believe others should find agreement upon. To be a functional community... I also believe in constantly changing/improving human frameworks by being open to new information (Ni). That's where the 'p' comes from; we're 'open' to new, connective information... but act on things/decide with an extraverted-judging function (Fe) in the end. You wouldn't see the 'Ni' unless we'd explain ourselves or you'd observe us in active/intensive contemplation (when Ti might play an additional role without us being too aware).

Careful in what ways?

I agree, I certainly wouldn't use typology as I would a system based in hard science.

Careful in how I'd use it (even if it was a hard science). We'd all have our own way of 'stereotyping'; I try to make sure that my impressions would be mainly of the situation/person (especially in the beginning)... and not form impressions stemming primarily from a system's perspective. Natural chemistry can be pretty important.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[*]Unfortunately Deltas hold the stereotype of being the SJs of the socionics world; I believe they go so far as to lay monotheistic religion and all its holy wars and massacres at Deltas feet. Luckily Betas take up the mantle of pre-Christian tribal barbarism so you get share in all that delightful horror.

I've actually seen the opposite. I'd say Beta is Christianity at the height of the Papacy and Delta is more like the Amish.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Then again I can’t say much, there are all those ILEs who sit there pining for a SEI to blow their nose and wipe their backside for them; why they tell what they think are utterly hysterical jokes.

Wow, sounds exactly like my close ENTP friend who's married to an ISFJ...

What a coincidence...

Wow why is it that MBTI forums with subforums always have the same tedious debate?

Because idiots with half a brain keep trying to perpetuate the idea that the systems are not compatible.

And newbs come in, who don't even understand one system yet, and don't know what to make of the different notation systems, let alone the differences in the function and profile descriptions, based on Socionic's different perspective from MBTI on what makes a thing "Jish" and what makes a thing "Pish" (i.e., Socionics: it's a Judging/Rational function, vs MBTI: it's an Extroverted Judging/Rational function that causes a function/function-user to be "Jish"), and pick a Socionics type based on whether it sounds "Jish" like they perceive themselves to be, or "Pish" like they perceive themselves to be, not realizing that the truth is actually more complicated than that.

May I suggest a compromise so that we don’t have the same argument for the next year in every thread?

Firstly use the socionics connotation ILE LII etc so as to not confuse the new people who stumble in here and incidentally start World War 3.

Meh.

I think using the little 'j' and little 'p' is good enough.

Have to unravel them anyway according to what functions they indicate.

And the n00bs need to learn the difference between ISTp (SiTe) and ISTP (TiSe).

I'm not against using the SLI or LSI notation, but, hell, why not just put the functions in there?

Another option would be to just go full bore, and put SLI (ISTp; ISTJ; SiTe), or something like that.

Secondly perhaps start a thread dedicated to this truly scintillating question; perhaps with links to work done by socionics experts?

I was already planning on doing the former.

Someone else would have to take up the bulwark of the latter part of it, though.

The IEI-Ni is described as pretty intellectual. "They can fulfill the functions of an abstract thinker" (Wikisocion)

Wow...

Just like INFJs...

What a coincidence...

Don't mix MBTI with socionics.

Don't issue commands to people as if you have some authority to do so.

I have seen that as well though only on an MBTI site with a socionics sub forum; I think it might have something to do with the cross over. The IEI is a pretty feminine type compared to JCFs more gender neutral stance...

How do you find INFJs to be gender neutral?

They have the most skewed (in the women's direction) male : female ratio of all the types (~ 1 male : 5 females).

...not to mention that it loses its intellectual nature.

That's odd.

They're considered the most analytical (NT-like) of all the NFs in JCF/MBTI.

The NiTi combination can lead them to be extremely intellectual, and a lot of philosophers have been INFJs.

Whatshisname posted something supposedly contradicting what you've said here, though.

Possibly the common "same scene + different painters = different painting" issue.

Maybe you've read certain profiles that deemphasize their intellectual side.

What is an IEI left to do but to try to be a tough guy?

You actually see it from some NFJs (one INFJ enneagram 3 in particular) on here.

They clearly are dipping into their inferior/shadow and trying to act like STPs.

**************************************************​

I actually meant to start here, but decided to include the above as well.

Anyway, to preface, thanks for your thoughtful post.

I've discussed Socionics with a good number of people strong in Socionics in order to try to figure out the whole "divide", including with one of the members in here, but you seem like you might be coming from the strongest position of all of them.

I feel we could actually make some headway here.

I will explain this in greater detail soon but first there are two important things to remember about socionics before I explain.

I know you're gunna expand on this further, but, let me say, as an INTJ, and an ILI, and someone who for years decried how annoying INTPs/ISTPs/Ti users can be, and who clearly prefers Te, even I am hesitant to embrace language calling one function more "mature" than another. I get what you mean when you expand below, but I just don't think it's good wording. As I said in this post, maturity is an issue of personal character, not of what functions one uses. There are mature Fe users, mature Fi users, mature Te users, and mature Ti users; and immature users of all of them as well. And then there's even maturity in certain contexts, and at certain times. It's just too complicated and value-laden a word to use in this context.

Firstly socionics is meant to be an observational science; most parts of socionics revolve around a “objective” observers analysis.

I'm sorry, I love typology, but I don't care what they like to consider themselves, whenever I hear them (and they do it often) emphasize the "objectivity" and "science" of it, I can't help but laugh. Not saying it can't reach certain levels of objectivity -- it can -- but, I dunno, it reminds me of a Russian Dr. Strangelove or something. It's just claiming a mantle that it doesn't actually possess (at least not constantly and consistently).

Secondly most of the socionics you can read in English is machine translated, and often seems to use odd word choices.

Oy vey...

Don't get me started...

Reading those translations is like pulling teeth...

I'll read them, to try to gain what insight I can, and a few of them are very good, but many are just awful.

For instance what if I changed the word mature with all its shades of meaning for realist? If I was to say that Fe is a realist compared too Fi idealism?

That is a much more acceptable word, imo.

Now from the outside perspective watching a Fi and Fe user interact, would you not conclude that the individual intent on pragmatically maintaining group cohesion was the more mature one?

Haha... no.

Why admit that "realist" is the better word, and then switch back to "mature"?

And only someone who inherently has a strong valuation for group cohesion would really find it that sensible to do so.

To those of us who value FiTe > FeTi, maintenance of group cohesion is not necessarily considered that great a thing in and of itself.

Frankly, I often think maintenance of group cohesion can lead to awful results, and is extremely immature.

It's like a bunch of lemmings telling one another just to stick together as they run themselves over a cliff.

Nothing mature about that.

If they were concerned more with the objective truth and facts of the situation (Te, Se), as opposed to group cohesion, they would see what is about to happen and stop.

I really just don't think "maturity" is at all a proper word here.

It screams of bias towards whatever function one is calling mature, and bias against whatever function one is calling immature.

You've mentioned wars about Socionics vs MBTI/JCF on forums: trust me, at least on this forum, such discussions pale in comparison to the true wars we have, which are between Fe-valuers and Fi-valuers. Those discussions are where the real blood gets spilled here. And hence the reason I made this post in the first place. [MENTION=10791]sulfit[/MENTION] made a blatant Fe-favoring post, using extremely value-laden, flat out divisive language, and tried to pass it off as if it was objective truth. And the fact that he doesn't even realize this, and how problematic it is, is, frankly, troubling.

That is not to say that Fi idealism does not have its time and place.
Yes you can play the same scenario with Te and Ti.

True.

And fair enough.

There are times when Fi and Ti both are not the best perspectives/functions for the moment.

But that still doesn't mean they should simply be labeled "immature".

Idealistic vs realistic?

Definitely better.

There's still a little value-ladenness to that terminology, as both Fi and Ti can be realistic, when used well, at the right times, and in the right situations (which can be often, if the particular user is wise and aware).

[*]socionics is an actual branch of Russian science, it has somewhere in the realm of two thousand thesis’s; which means that its stereotypes make MBTI JCFs look minuscule and wafer thin by comparison.

How so?

There are lots of studies about MBTI.

Frankly, I don't know the number off the top of my head, but I'd guess it'd be over 2000.

Many of them, tho, are likely critiquing it as unempirical, not as good as the BIG 5, etc.

I'm not sure if you're being pejorative here to Socionics, tho, or not...

[*]Not all Quadra’s or functions are valued equally; the majority of socionics experts are reportedly male Alpha and Gamma NTs. So the other two Quadra’s and the functions that are considered feminine Fi and Si and to a lesser degree Fe are held in mixed regard, and those attitudes are played out online.

What crap.

How do they even have the audacity to lay claim to being "objective" and "scientific"?

From what I've heard, the bias is even more Alpha/NTP than anything else.

And, frankly, that's how a lot of it looks to me.

It seems very Ti/subjective logic.

It's like "here's my personal opinion passed off as objective fact".

Te users would at least put more of a premium on their claims actually having to match up with reality.

[*]Unfortunately Deltas hold the stereotype of being the SJs of the socionics world; I believe they go so far as to lay monotheistic religion and all its holy wars and massacres at Deltas feet. Luckily Betas take up the mantle of pre-Christian tribal barbarism so you get share in all that delightful horror.

And this just speaks to stupidity, not only of the stereotypes, but of the Quadra system as a whole.

I've explained this somewhere on here before, but to group the 16 types into 4 types, based on them sharing, in MBTI, the same four "regular" functions, which is what Socionics indeed does, can be interesting in certain regards, but can become highly problematic if one loses sight of the fact that two of the types are going to be largely opposite of the other two types, especially in so much as individuals of their respective types are still suppressing their inferior/shadow functions (tertiary and inferior), which, for the most part, all of us do, to some extent, even if we have developed/matured to a significant degree (granted, letting go of that suppression does happen, and is a sign of maturity, but many individuals never even reach that point, or only do so to a limited extent). If that's the case, and let's say 90% (and I understand this is just an assumption, is not empirically validated, but just go with it for a moment) of people largely suppress their inferior functions, then it's a stupid conceptual maneuver to group these types together and describe them as if they share tons of similarities. Yes, they might share certain similarities, in certain regards, and often, and this is important, in highly subconscious ways, but it does not mean that they are, in an simple sense of the term, "like" one another.

Jaguar

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you post a link to that forum another 1,967 times? I think I need to see it more often. Thanks.

The sad thing is... that's the only reliable place where you can get English socionics material other than wikisocion, and Rick DeLong's website/blog.

Most of the stuff there's already consolidated, so I can see why he'd post that link a million times.

Jaguar

I can see why he'd post that link a million times.

As can I.

Hello, <link> how are <link> you?

Btw, Rick quit drinking the socionics Kool-Aid at the beginning of (I believe) 2013. He explained why on one of his blogs: The [Ex-]Socionist.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It's not like I care about who agrees with you.

Pretty funny, seeing as how immediately prior you mentioned who agreed with you.

As I said, this is enough off topic. If you have anything else to say on this matter, take it into private msg's instead of replying here.

And, once again, neither I, nor anyone else here, takes orders from you.

So stop pretending that we do.

Also, considering you've posted 6-7 off-topic posts in here since writing this, what you've said here is absurd.

Both systems describe the same functions but in a different way. The fact that the wording is different (Se socionics = sensing power vaccuums and motivation: vs : MBTI Se, using 5 senses in a tangible way).

The stereotypes are not the same, however.

True.

But I think one can learn a bit about the actual types from both.

As I said before: the truth lies somewhere in between.

Wrt ESFPs/SEEs: consider the effect growing up in the communist Soviet Union vs free market America would have on what characteristics of the type manifest more prominently, and thus what is observed more readily in each environment (it's almost like typological epigenetics).

In the Soviet bloc, you're gunna see their hard-scrapping, cut-throat, try-to-get-by in this corrupt, under-producing society. Kind of a "how does an ESFP look when you throw them into a bleak, rigid environment, with strong social rules, and not much income or economic vibrancy".

Versus throwing them into a free-wheeling capitalistic society that encourages them to work hard and party harder. Where they can earn their paycheck, and then go blow it up their noses, or on whatever myriad sensorial pleasures they can find within their vicinity.

It's still the same core personality, it just must respond a bit differently to each environment.

And the stereotypes, observations, and descriptions (both profile and functional) will follow from those.

I have had a problem with comparing the two systems in the past. And pretty much stopped all together because the descriptions really didn't seem to line up to me.

But this reason really makes sense to me.

I know Azure's always said they were the same, but he never said why. So I couldn't just take that at face value.

But this is probably the most concrete explanation that someone could infer, that I've seen anyway.

Good stuff :)

Yeah sure it matters what environment one grows up in.

And here is the crux of it, [MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION]

If that's all you got out of the this entire post, then you are not worth discussing matters with.

You don't actually listen, which is EXACTLY what Dario Nardi said about Ti dominants.

And I have better things to do than discuss matters with people who don't listen.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zarathustra said:
[To infinity-]When did you develop this flawed notion that you are entitled to a logical explanation from other people?
This troll sure does have a lot of time on his hands.

Really, I don't, which is why I'm responding to him primarily in one-liners and not wasting my time discussing at length with him.

Why don't you try actually responding to what I've said to you directly, though?

Deltas are like children in anything that has to do with ethics. The ethical element of Delta quadra (Fi) is joined together with a naive, infantile, exploratory element Ne. Where Delta is trying to pave a new way and explore new options and possibilities (Fi-Ne) looking at relationships with curious, naive eyes of a child, both Betas and Alphas are already like adults and grandparents - they are well-versed on these topics and know what works and what doesn't. In anything that concerns ethics, they are much more mature and effective than Delta.

That sounds like some Fe-favoring bullshit if I ever heard any.

[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

Ladies, I believe he just called you "immature children" and FJs and TPs "mature adults" when it comes to ethics...

That Fe is more objective and mature than Fi when it comes to forming relationships and character judgments is being discussed on 16types as we speak: http://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-vs-Delta-Fi?p=1011788&viewfull=1#post1011788 Sorry if it tickles your bloated ego the wrong way. It requires some humility to accept which is clearly not within your reach.

Objective? Only in the sense that it focuses on values derived from outside of itself. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing more inherently objective about Fe. If an Fe user decides to commit genocide, this is more "objective" just because it's Fe? No, that's bullshit. And how is something more "objective" about forming relationships? That doesn't even make sense.

More mature? Also bullshit. Maturity lies in a person's character, not in what functions they use. There are immature Fe users who use their Fe very immaturely, and there are mature Fi users who use their Fi very maturely.

It takes some objectivity to realize these things, but apparently that is not within your reach.

Amazing how not laced with ad hominems my responses to you above are.

Not to mention how not laced with ad hominems anything else I recall ever writing to you has been.

Not to mention how ineptly you responded to what I did actually write to you above.

Not to mention how laced your responses were with ad hominems.

And, lastly, not to mention how you chose to simply ignore my last post, and, rather than respond to its very sound points, instead choose to proceed by just calling me a troll and accusing me of flooding with ad hominems. Which, incidentally, is actually exactly what you were doing (i.e., being a troll, and flooding me with ad hominems, when I was responding with perfectly sound arguments). It's almost like, with your recent addition of enneagram 6 into your profile, you've intentionally decided to take on the unhealthier aspects of that character. Frankly, I don't recall ever even being in an argument with you, let alone attacking you with ad hominems.

Zarathustra's an arrogant dimwit who will flood you with ad hominems to over-compensate for his flailing ego and flaunt his arrogance over the internet at any chance thrown at him.

Well, good for me then that the people who run this place disagree with you, and so do I, and so do most of its members.

So keep posting a million links to 16types.com, not responding to perfectly sound arguments in posts, throwing around ad hominems and calling people trolls as opposed to responding to their perfectly sound arguments, and not realizing how incredibly hypocritical you're being while doing so.

Back when I used to post on this forum about socionics, he'd try argue me down.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Now look how things have changed -- he's arguing about the socionics types of forum members he's never even met, lol.

:huh:

How exactly have things changed?

And I'm barely even arguing about the Socionics types of specific members...

(not that that would somehow represent some major change if I were...)

What I've been arguing about is the compatibility between the two systems...

And it's actually something you've specifically told me you agree with me on!!

As for typing people: for christssake, people come on here all the time asking for people who have never met them to type them.

In this case, I know that jixmixfix is an ISTP, and a TiSe user, not an ISTJ, and SiTe user.

And, as such, and as you have agreed, that means he's LSI (ISTj, ISTP, TiSe).

But it's not like he'd have the decency of humility to ever admit to it.

Is everything alright?

Are you stressed out?

Cuz you seem to be on a big inferior Fe power trip or something.

Seems like a good ol case of "in the grip of the inferior".

"It's lack of humility why you won't admit that Fi users are immature."

Fucking bullshit if I've ever heard any.

It really amazes me that you can't see this.

In the past, I have actually held a certain degree of respect for your typology knowledge.

But, if this is the tripe you actually believe, then consider that opinion changed.

Don't give much weigh to anything he says. This stuffy troll is useful for entertainment purposes only.

The hilarious thing is that, based on our discussion via pm, which, frankly, is the only time I really remember discussing anything with you at all, you actually expressed that you agreed with me on the matter that he and I are discussing. You said that you believe people should have the same functions in each system, and that people who don't understand this are wrong.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was, and thank you for it. And thank you for being childlike enough to recognize I wanted one prior to the close of the decade haha I'm kidding. This is exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate it so much. It's good to cross paths with you again Dr.

:laugh: It’s good to see you again as well.

I'm not sure where and when you will be expanding on your definitions but I would like it very much if you were to mention me when you do so I do not miss them. This all makes sense. And yes, I'm no stranger to this notion of Je/Ji objective/subjective realist/idealist. <-These descriptives are certainly far easier to swallow than mature/still drooling and in diapers. It's that damn Russian language you say? :wink: How are we supposed to translate words properly when they are each made up of 57 constonants? Impossible. Pfft.

Oh man I have so many half formed pet theories about socionics rolling around in my head that by the time I get it all out coherently it would probably resemble a monstrosity of a research report. ……… so ill pencil you in for 2025 then? 57 consonants! I really haven’t been giving the machine translations enough credit hmmmmm Ne tangent I wonder if the difficulty of Russian to English and vice versa translations helped start and maintain the Cold War.

I've been studying the naive, childlike function and intelligence...as there's been a bit of a stir in the social science community in this regard (stemming from research on ADD & ADHD.) ^^And what you just did there... it basically encapsulates everything they're now saying about us. Just how fast our minds work... how we instantly arrive at accurate conclusions... You've got the gift my friend haha... (totally making myself laugh here) Childlike doms = awesome.

Well I don’t know about you but this
accurately portrays how I know things, my ESPN just starts tingling. I kid…… well sort of; you wouldn’t happen to have any links to the research it sounds fascinating.

Okay that bolded part... that is one of the COOLEST things I've ever read...(and just when I was getting ready to dismiss this as shit too.) Now I'm hooked. Now I'm getting a bloody-looking tattoo that says *delta quadra* in stylized Crusader script. I feel very good about this system now.

That sounds awesome might I suggest that you use some sort of Templar motif? That way you can justify making hand signals and winking knowingly at random strangers while whispering loudly about the Holy Grail?

As for the STP...yah haha...a couple nights ago I was like OOOOOOOOoooooOOHHHHHH I get it.

Yeah I mean the moment you add romantic relationships to these systems, is the moment heated passion is going to inevitably rise to the surface.

You are amazing ENP brother. :wubbie: Thank you so much.

:blush:Not a problem I always love how ENP communication is usually so easy.

I've actually seen the opposite. I'd say Beta is Christianity at the height of the Papacy and Delta is more like the Amish.

:hi: Hello long time no see. I was talking more of the actual crusaders intent on earning divine forgiveness then the halls of power. Though I do agree that the dynamics behind the First Crusade; infighting caused by land shortages, and the solution to siphon off excess people against another group does seem to be quintessentially Beta.

Wow, sounds exactly like my close ENTP friend who's married to an ISFJ...

What a coincidence...

I will never understand peoples attraction to Oedipus style relationships there just plain creepy. :dont:

Because idiots with half a brain keep trying to perpetuate the idea that the systems are not compatible.

And newbs come in, who don't even understand one system yet, and don't know what to make of the different notation systems, let alone the differences in the function and profile descriptions, based on Socionic's different perspective from MBTI on what makes a thing "Jish" and what makes a thing "Pish" (i.e., Socionics: it's a Judging/Rational function, vs MBTI: it's an Extroverted Judging/Rational function that causes a function/function-user to be "Jish"), and pick a Socionics type based on whether it sounds "Jish" like they perceive themselves to be, or "Pish" like they perceive themselves to be, not realizing that the truth is actually more complicated than that.

:laugh: Fair enough; I was mainly miffed that this same discussion was taking place across the active threads.

How do you find INFJs to be gender neutral?

They have the most skewed (in the women's direction) male : female ratio of all the types (~ 1 male : 5 females).

I wasn’t saying that JCF INFJs are gender neutral only that socionics takes it to the next level. I believe there are articles floating around that actively rank type in terms of gender; whereas to do that in JCF would probably cause severe backlash.

That's odd.

They're considered the most analytical (NT-like) of all the NFs in JCF/MBTI.

The NiTi combination can lead them to be extremely intellectual, and a lot of philosophers have been INFJs.

Whatshisname posted something supposedly contradicting what you've said here, though.

No it’s not a contradiction so much as a far more complicated situation. The capability does not equal the inclination. Consider the blocks Ego is what we are good at, super Id is what we wish we could do, and Id is what we are good at but choose not to do. Absorbing and interest in new information is tied in with Ne, Ni is about analysing experiential data and projecting it forward. Se is concerned with gaining money power and prestige.

For example in the description for the kind of jobs you will find IEIs in, will probably be history professors and teachers. Take the history professor there is a base requirement of knowledge which the IEI can grudgingly learn, but once that is met not only are you in a position of prestige and societal power you also have no need to learn anything in a Ne fashion again.

Perhaps I am defining intellectual oddly but in my mind an intellectual is concerned with his field of expertise, maybe even obsessed with it. For an IEI it would be more about the image then the actual content, the image of being this respected intelligent person. Essentially the same issues that the heart triad suffer from.

Possibly the common "same scene + different painters = different painting" issue.

Maybe you've read certain profiles that deemphasize their intellectual side.

Yes it could very well be that, I am using a Ne amalgamation of various description commonalties and Quadra values. Which boils down to gaining sociological power and maintain image for themselves or their particular collective.

But yes a lot of the stereotypes do not cross over, though the negative ones banded about do seem to match up. The ability to rationalise everything to remain the victim, the hot and cold dynamic, and the materialistic take what they can and toss you to the curb. True intellectualism seems to remain the purview of Alpha Quadra.

I actually meant to start here, but decided to include the above as well.

Anyway, to preface, thanks for your thoughtful post.

I've discussed Socionics with a good number of people strong in Socionics in order to try to figure out the whole "divide", including with one of the members in here, but you seem like you might be coming from the strongest position of all of them.

I feel we could actually make some headway here.

Well I don’t consider myself all that knowledgeable of socionics, but feel free to ask.

I'm sorry, I love typology, but I don't care what they like to consider themselves, whenever I hear them (and they do it often) emphasize the "objectivity" and "science" of it, I can't help but laugh. Not saying it can't reach certain levels of objectivity -- it can -- but, I dunno, it reminds me of a Russian Dr. Strangelove or something. It's just claiming a mantle that it doesn't actually possess (at least not constantly and consistently).

ah sorry that was a little joke to myself, it has to do with how the socionists like to preface there work with how objective they are and then proceed to be the exact opposite, it’s made me want to claw my eyes out on several occasions.

Haha... no.

Why admit that "realist" is the better word, and then switch back to "mature"?

And only someone who inherently has a strong valuation for group cohesion would really find it that sensible to do so.

To those of us who value FiTe > FeTi, maintenance of group cohesion is not necessarily considered that great a thing in and of itself.

Frankly, I often think maintenance of group cohesion can lead to awful results, and is extremely immature.

It's like a bunch of lemmings telling one another just to stick together as they run themselves over a cliff.

Nothing mature about that.

If they were concerned more with the objective truth and facts of the situation (Te, Se), as opposed to group cohesion, they would see what is about to happen and stop.

I really just don't think "maturity" is at all a proper word here.

It screams of bias towards whatever function one is calling mature, and bias against whatever function one is calling immature.

I thought to myself as I wrote this that if someone doesn’t pick this apart I would be surprised. I agree with all of that, with the addendum that the line between socionics Fi and Fe is a hell of a lot blurrier I mean look at the information element definitions. If you had to choose one to represent external harmony which would you pick?

Fe: emotions and emotional expression, passion, mood, excitation, exuberance, romanticism, imitation, acting, not a moral arbiter of good/evil, how they are treated as opposed to how others are treated, sympathy, at certain instances disregards other people's humanity in certain situations, judgements are determined by the situation - at things being done

Fi: like/dislike, decency and niceness, morals, good/bad, etiquette, humanism, attraction/repulsion, empathy, compassion, attitude towards other human beings, how others are treated, think about other's humanity "let's hear his side," judgements determined by people doing things.

You've mentioned wars about Socionics vs MBTI/JCF on forums: trust me, at least on this forum, such discussions pale in comparison to the true wars we have, which are between Fe-valuers and Fi-valuers. Those discussions are where the real blood gets spilled here. And hence the reason I made this post in the first place. @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10791" target="_blank">sulfit</a> made a blatant Fe-favoring post, using extremely value-laden, flat out divisive language, and tried to pass it off as if it was objective truth. And the fact that he doesn't even realize this, and how problematic it is, is, frankly, troubling.

I believe I may have wondered into one of those threads thinking it was going to be about function analysis…….. it was not what I expected.

True.

And fair enough.

There are times when Fi and Ti both are not the best perspectives/functions for the moment.

But that still doesn't mean they should simply be labeled "immature".

Idealistic vs realistic?

Definitely better.

There's still a little value-ladenness to that terminology, as both Fi and Ti can be realistic, when used well, at the right times, and in the right situations (which can be often, if the particular user is wise and aware).

yeah I sat there for five minutes trying to think of words that wouldn’t come with attachments and came out blank. Though considering we are discussing socionics we could always use made up words that sound vaguely Russian and define them ourselves.

How so?

There are lots of studies about MBTI.

Frankly, I don't know the number off the top of my head, but I'd guess it'd be over 2000.

Many of them, tho, are likely critiquing it as unempirical, not as good as the BIG 5, etc.

I'm not sure if you're being pejorative here to Socionics, tho, or not...

Yeah I tend to try to keep a sense of humour about socionics, it stops me from getting wound up by some of the grossly moronic bits. I think it has to do with how they’ve tried to treat it like a hard science, their categorisation is very rigid, and hence why you have Gulenko and DCNH. Sure occasionally you’ll find disclaimers about how any type can do anything, but you can tell they don’t really believe it.

What crap.

How do they even have the audacity to lay claim to being "objective" and "scientific"?

From what I've heard, the bias is even more Alpha/NTP than anything else.

And, frankly, that's how a lot of it looks to me.

It seems very Ti/subjective logic.

It's like "here's my personal opinion passed off as objective fact".

Te users would at least put more of a premium on their claims actually having to match up with reality.

Personally I think it is just oversized egos.
This is all wild speculation but from what I have read, and that isn’t all that much since I don’t speak a lick of Russian the socionics community seems to resemble the early days of psychoanalysis. Were Freud Jung and Alder where fighting to be on top. I suspect that they use pot shots at each other’s lower functions to disparage and discredit. That would at least explain the discrepancies in the non-favoured functions (Si, Fi and to a lesser degree Se, and Fe.).

And this just speaks to stupidity, not only of the stereotypes, but of the Quadra system as a whole.

I've explained this somewhere on here before, but to group the 16 types into 4 types, based on them sharing, in MBTI, the same four "regular" functions, which is what Socionics indeed does, can be interesting in certain regards, but can become highly problematic if one loses sight of the fact that two of the types are going to be largely opposite of the other two types, especially in so much as individuals of their respective types are still suppressing their inferior/shadow functions (tertiary and inferior), which, for the most part, all of us do, to some extent, even if we have developed/matured to a significant degree (granted, letting go of that suppression does happen, and is a sign of maturity, but many individuals never even reach that point, or only do so to a limited extent). If that's the case, and let's say 90% (and I understand this is just an assumption, is not empirically validated, but just go with it for a moment) of people largely suppress their inferior functions, then it's a stupid conceptual maneuver to group these types together and describe them as if they share tons of similarities. Yes, they might share certain similarities, in certain regards, and often, and this is important, in highly subconscious ways, but it does not mean that they are, in an simple sense of the term, "like" one another.

This is the dilemma that I have been mulling over recently. The Quadra’s are organised the way they are because of duality, there isn’t really four types to a Quadra there are two. I am starting to think that duality is the cause of a lot of the problems with socionics this mystic soul divided corner stone of the system. How much does the system bend itself around this concept?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DeYoung. He has a lot of work you can look up.

OK thanks

It's the practice that can allow you to better decide whether an action would be worth its consequences in the long run... it also depends on the situation and, many times, you'd need to decide within milliseconds.

I can check for practical consequences but that doesn't require me envisioning the situation in the way I think you meant it (?).

Did you mean social consequences?

It can also help you figure out whether you're a Beta or Gamma; my Se (dom/aux) friends/acquaintances had this problem rather early in life (mainly the Se-doms).

Problem of picking fights? :p

I had almost the opposite, so we've always been warm toward one another (even when they'd make fun of me when we'd hang out, lol, in which I'd return the favor). If you'd want to be able to console others and/or bring order (productive communication) to a group of people as a goal... you just might be a Beta.

Productive communication would sure be good. I don't really know what you mean about wanting to be able to console others, in public or private?

Even my ESTP ex (who knows how to offend)... wanted to learn how to build better rapports (in which he was generally already good at). Most people think he's cool... but he can be very blunt at times. When my ISTP friend wasn't getting along/talking with his INTJ roommate... my ex commented, "Why not just say something? Why would anyone want to be in such an awkward situation..?" In his eyes... people are just people and there's no need to make the situation more miserable. I'd agree with this more often than not... but not when I'd just want alone time, lol.

I'm not even sure I understand the situation, why they were not talking, etc.

Not a personal problem in that I wouldn't be able to stand it or believe that it'd be necessary at times (I'm rather quick on my feet when my Fe would automatically push out my Se during heated moments); I think everybody has their own world... and in respecting their boundaries (as a whole), I try to uphold some ways of doing things that I believe others should find agreement upon. To be a functional community...

Every group seems to have their own rules on that...

Careful in how I'd use it (even if it was a hard science). We'd all have our own way of 'stereotyping'; I try to make sure that my impressions would be mainly of the situation/person (especially in the beginning)... and not form impressions stemming primarily from a system's perspective. Natural chemistry can be pretty important.

+1 :)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
In this case, I know that jixmixfix is an ISTP, and a TiSe user, not an ISTJ, and SiTe user.

And, as such, and as you have agreed, that means he's LSI (ISTj, ISTP, TiSe).

I'm not LSI and please don't ever reference me in any of your terrible arguments because you don't know anything about me.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another option would be to just go full bore, and put SLI (ISTp; ISTJ; SiTe), or something like that.

As for the bolded - Bad idea. Don't mix the notations of two systems.

Wow...

Just like INFJs...

What a coincidence...

Not a coincidence and not very interesting either. Certainly doesn't deserve a "wow".

This painter idea has already been refuted ;).

Pretty funny, seeing as how immediately prior you mentioned who agreed with you.

Facts are, I didn't mention anyone. That was in your mind only.

Also, considering you've posted 6-7 off-topic posts in here since writing this, what you've said here is absurd.

Nah, I don't agree with the definition of "post by infinity-" == "offtopic post".

As for the systems discussion specifically, I opened a new thread for the MBTI vs socionics topic when later [MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION] expressed the need for a separate thread for such topics.

What should belong to private msgs isn't this however, I meant the ad hominem bullshit because that's off topic anywhere in any thread. But you know what, don't take it anywhere, I don't care either way :p

If that's all you got out of the this entire post

That's not all I got out of it. My response was more a joke. (I didn't expect you to like it.)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm not LSI and please don't ever reference me in any of your terrible arguments because you don't know anything about me.

Actually, you are LSI (ISTj, ISTP, TiSe), and you are beta quadra.

And, based on your posting here, I'm probably more conscious of who you are than you are.

You use the excuse that "you just know Socionics better", but you thought SLIs were SiTi.

The truth is, you don't know what you're talking about.

Lol... you made a fucking thread calling your own quadra douchebags, cuz you still suppress your Fe and Ni so much (sign of low personal development) that you balk at all the parts that describe the NFJs. (Of course, you don't realize this, cuz you're not very strong when it comes to concepts [once again, due to your continued suppression of Ni {amongst other things}]).

The comedy of error here couldn't be written any better in a book.

And you don't even have the remotest sense of who your character is...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
As for the bolded - Bad idea. Don't mix the notations of two systems.

Yeah, I don't really care what you have to say about this...

Listening to ISTPs when it comes to discussing concepts is like listening to an NFJ about how to build a house.

Not saying some NFJs couldn't tell you a thing or two, but they surely aren't who I'd go to first.

Next time I need my oil changed, I'll give you ring.

Not a coincidence and not very interesting either. Certainly doesn't deserve a "wow".

I know.

I was being sarcastic.

It's because they're the same types.

This painter idea has already been refuted ;) :troll:.

The people here are too smart to believe this bullshit.

I also love how you don't mind openly revealing yourself as a troll.

Facts are, I didn't mention anyone. That was in your mind only.

:laugh:

Hate to ruin a good story with the facts, but:

infinity- said:
I don't think I'm the only one who sees that you're not being that logical about these claims :p

So, yeah.

Nah, I don't agree with the definition of "post by infinity-" == "offtopic post".

And this is why I'm done talking with you.

You're nothing but a troll (with way too much time on its hands).

As for the systems discussion specifically, I opened a new thread for the MBTI vs socionics topic when later [MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION] expressed the need for a separate thread for such topics.

Yeah, I really don't give a shit.

As I said before, I won't be discussing anything with you.

I don't like to waste my time.

What should belong to private msgs isn't this however, I meant the ad hominem bullshit because that's off topic anywhere in any thread. But you know what, don't take it anywhere, I don't care either way :p

It's not ad hominem to call bullshit what it is.

Try making realistic, worthwhile claims, and not just troll posts, and they won't be called out for being precisely what they are.

That's not all I got out of it. My response was more a joke. (I didn't expect you to like it.) :troll:

As I said: nothing but a troll.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Actually, you are LSI (ISTj, ISTP, TiSe), and you are beta quadra.

And, based on your posting here, I'm probably more conscious of who you are than you are.

Actually no I'm Si-Te in Socionics and Ti-Se in MBTI. Considering how many people in this thread were trying to explain to you how Socionics works and your ability to grasp the concept shows your true "N" ability. It wouldn't surprise me if you were actually an ISTJ.

You use the excuse that "you just know Socionics better", but you thought SLIs were SiTi.

Again you fail to grasp basic information. I was referring to the subtypes NOT THE ACTUAL FUNCTIONS THEMSELVES in that post, Nice try. You probably haven't even heard of subtypes let alone tried to understand them with your feeble mind.

Lol... you made a fucking thread calling your own quadra douchebags, cuz you still suppress your Fe and Ni so much (sign of low personal development) that you balk at all the parts that describe the NFJs. (Of course, you don't realize this, cuz you're not very strong when it comes to concepts [once again, due to your continued suppression of Ni {amongst other things}]).

Easy there son, I'm not the one here who is having trouble grasping the concepts of socionics, as you can see by the grueling effort of many in this thread trying to educate you.