Thread: The beta quadra

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Since socionics views types from the third person perspective and MBTI views it from the inner "motivational" perspective your socionics subtype is much more emphasized in MBTI. Many people fail to identify with their sociotype compared to their mbti type because it's hard to envision ones traits objectively from the third person perspective. Your ego blinds you from stereotyping yourself into a certain "niche" ( I suppose we all think we are too special for this). This is why MBTI has become so much more popular or "mainstream" we all like to believe we are identified by our inner motivations. I believe that your socionics subtype has more to do more with your inner motivations than your actual sociotype. Anyways I wouldn't take my subtype theory too seriously but it's up for a debate. Until someone comes up with a better unified theory a lot of it is still up for debate.
    Hmm it's just me then who tries to see socionics stuff as inner processes too? I don't mean the external traits now of course.

Anyway the subtype stuff is interesting but the way I see it myself, sometimes I'm more like one subtype and then sometimes more like the other subtype. So for me subtype doesn't seem to be as static, just differing emphases depending on circumstances.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    sulfit, there's an enormous difference between attacking a system you've concluded is flawed...and solely as a consequence of that doubt the intellect of that system's practitioners (<-which literally happens all the time...everyday...to everyone. Ask any tarot card reader or acupuncturist or Christian or vegan or...) and attacking an individual's character. Perhaps it would be best if you were to separate your ego from socionics...so that you are in a position to present its concepts without becoming defensive and emotional about it.
    From your response I've gathered that you have completely misunderstood what has happened in previous discussion. I wasn't defending "the system", it's not of my care or concern, but I was defending what I have said against Zarathustra's slanderous attempt to misinterpret and misrepresent my words.

Here is what's happened. I've composed a reply using words alike "infantile", "children" and "immature", which in socionics are used to refer to specific locations along the quadra-progression cycles. These words carry a different meaning in socionics than they do in their conventional everyday use. Socionics "infantile" is not the same thing as being infantile, and maturity-immaturity scale applies to quadra progression, not to describe individuals. So when I, or anyone else uses these words in discussions of socionics we're not using them as personal qualifiers. Anyone who has studied socionics even for a little while is aware that these words aren't used in offensive sense.

Zarathustra has made literal interpretations to make it look like I'm making slanderous statements and depict me as "the bad guy". This is a very typical Fi attack to skew and misinterpret what someone else is saying to attempt to smear their character and discredit their statements. My reaction was to this foul move Zarathustra's part and his attempts to use other people to man his witch hunt against me, exploiting the fact that his friends are little informed in socionics and its terms, which is exceptionally low by any personal standard. As for "the system" it is not of my concern.

Here is a copy of Zarathustra's post showing that him misinterpreting what is simple socionics terminilogy to make it sound like it was personal slander on my part:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That sounds like some Fe-favoring bullshit if I ever heard any.

@PeaceBaby @Starry @OrangeAppled

Ladies, I believe he just called you "immature children" and FJs and TPs "mature adults" when it comes to ethics...

Are you able to answer for me the question I raised yesterday?
    Since the flows go in both directions these age relationships between quadra are inverse. Deltas are immature in matters of Fi and mature when it comes to matter of Te. The reverse is true of Alpha - Fe-mature and Ti-immature. The same it true to some extent of Betas and Gammas, but the relationship is analogous to teenager (Se-Ji) - middle-aged adult (Ni-Je) rather than child (Ne-Ji) - grandparent (Si-Je) that is more pertinent to Si/Ne valuing quadra.

Please tell me how Te and Ti are defined. Thank you.
    Definitions by the founder of socionics, A. Augusta, are considered to be the official ones for Te and Ti. Here they are:
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...raverted_logic
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...roverted_logic

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    True.

But I think one can learn a bit about the actual types from both.

As I said before: the truth lies somewhere in between.

Wrt ESFPs/SEEs: consider the effect growing up in the communist Soviet Union vs free market America would have on what characteristics of the type manifest more prominently, and thus what is observed more readily in each environment (it's almost like typological epigenetics).

In the Soviet bloc, you're gunna see their hard-scrapping, cut-throat, try-to-get-by in this corrupt, under-producing society. Kind of a "how does an ESFP look when you throw them into a bleak, rigid environment, with strong social rules, and not much income or economic vibrancy".

Versus throwing them into a free-wheeling capitalistic society that encourages them to work hard and party harder. Where they can earn their paycheck, and then go blow it up their noses, or on whatever myriad sensorial pleasures they can find within their vicinity.

It's still the same core personality, it just must respond a bit differently to each environment.

And the stereotypes, observations, and descriptions (both profile and functional) will follow from those.
    I agree. Nature and Nurture.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    From your response I've gathered that you have completely misunderstood what has happened in previous discussion. I wasn't defending "the system", it's not of my care or concern, but I was defending what I have said against Zarathustra's slanderous attempt to misinterpret and misrepresent my words.

Here is what's happened. I've composed a reply using words alike "infantile", "children" and "immature", which in socionics are used to refer to specific locations along the quadra-progression cycles. These words carry a different meaning in socionics than they do in their conventional everyday use. Socionics "infantile" is not the same thing as being infantile, and maturity-immaturity scale applies to quadra progression, not to describe individuals. So when I, or anyone else uses these words in discussions of socionics we're not using them as personal qualifiers. Anyone who has studied socionics even for a little while is aware that these words aren't used in offensive sense.

Zarathustra has made literal interpretations to make it look like I'm making slanderous statements and depict me as "the bad guy". This is a very typical Fi attack to skew and misinterpret what someone else is saying to attempt to smear their character and discredit their statements. My reaction was to this foul move Zarathustra's part and his attempts to use other people to man his witch hunt against me, exploiting the fact that his friends are little informed in socionics and its terms, which is exceptionally low by any personal standard. As for "the system" it is not of my concern.

Here is a copy of Zarathustra's post showing that him misinterpreting what is simple socionics terminilogy to make it sound like it was personal slander on my part:

Since the flows go in both directions these age relationships between quadra are inverse. Deltas are immature in matters of Fi and mature when it comes to matter of Te. The reverse is true of Alpha - Fe-mature and Ti-immature. The same it true to some extent of Betas and Gammas, but the relationship is analogous to teenager (Se-Ji) - middle-aged adult (Ni-Je) rather than child (Ne-Ji) - grandparent (Si-Je) that is more pertinent to Si/Ne valuing quadra.

Definitions by the founder of socionics, A. Augusta, are considered to be the official ones for Te and Ti. Here they are:
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...raverted_logic
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...roverted_logic
    I will check it out.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

All betas and deltas are into themselves and have a Messiah complex for NP reason and are nothing but just idealists

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

^I just have to say that Betas and Deltas are very different -- entirely different preferences for functions. I believe the xNFx's and xSTx's can have more in common, but the quadras are still very different. I have to put in a lot of effort when interacting with Deltas, but I also learn a lot. I wouldn't have done so in the past due to always missing one another's points. Because I'm an Fe subtype, I resonate more with Alphas than Gammas, although we both share one function pair. But either way, Betas and Deltas are actual opposites.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Senior and light yagami is Delta and they have messaih or God complex

Esmeralda and Matt Barlow are beta and they have a Savior complexity about them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't know who they are, but who cares? If one were to parse things out, the common denominator wouldn't be Socionics quadras -- that's way too broad. Everyone has faults, but everyone is also misunderstood to various extents.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Off topic, I know, but this is one of my favorite Title+First Post combos on this site.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I am so Beta it hurts. Take it or leave it .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Fay liked this post