User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 265

Thread: The beta quadra

  1. #181
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    @jixmixfix How do you not see yourself as Se valuing? From what I've seen of you one-sidedly on this forum, you possess the stereotypical quality of Socionics Se with its domineering, forceful, and determined nature over Si's desire for comfort, passive interaction, and the minimization of conflict in favor of pleasant interaction.

    In fact, your first quote in this thread illustrates your Se determination of position over Si's adaptation of position.

    Just a thought.

  2. #182
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals.



    I'll be sure to tell my CEO workaholic (MBTI) ISTJ dad who achieved, achieved, achieved, that all he's really interested in is fucking off. What a riot.
    I can't believe there are still some people left who don't know the MBTI and Socionics are different.

    Amazing.

  3. #183
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Actually no I'm Si-Te in Socionics and Ti-Se in MBTI. Considering how many people in this thread were trying to explain to you how Socionics works and your ability to grasp the concept shows your true "N" ability. It wouldn't surprise me if you were actually an ISTJ.


    And now you're calling sensors stupid... even though you are one.

    Add one more to the comedy of errors!

    Again you fail to grasp basic information. I was referring to the subtypes NOT THE ACTUAL FUNCTIONS THEMSELVES in that post, Nice try. You probably haven't even heard of subtypes let alone tried to understand them with your feeble mind.


    Actually, I know exactly what the subtypes are...

    Which is why I would never be so dumb as to not realize that they are the first two functions of the type (and thus not SiTi for SLIs/ISTps/ISTJs/SiTe).

    Easy there son, I'm not the one here who is having trouble grasping the concepts of socionics, as you can see by the grueling effort of many in this thread trying to educate you.


    The vast majority of people here agree with me, and are laughing at you over reps for what you've done in this thread.

    The only people "educating" me are two ISTPs whose lack of conceptual strength has them not realizing the truth.

  4. #184
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

    And now you're calling sensors stupid... even though you are one.

    Add one more to the comedy of errors!
    No I was referring to your lack of conceptual ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

    Actually, I know exactly what the subtypes are...

    Which is why I would never be so dumb as to not realize that they are the first two functions of the type (and thus not SiTi for SLIs/ISTps/ISTJs/SiTe).
    Yet you still didn't understand that I was referring to subtypes which makes you pretty clueless regardless.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

    The only people "educating" me are two ISTPs whose lack of conceptual strength has them not realizing the truth.
    Funny how two ISTp's know better about function theory than an INTJ. I should be the one laughing here.

  5. #185
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals.



    I'll be sure to tell my CEO workaholic (MBTI) ISTJ dad who achieved, achieved, achieved, that all he's really interested in is fucking off. What a riot.
    I can't believe there are still some people left who don't know the MBTI and Socionics are different.

    Amazing.
    +1

  6. #186
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @jixmixfix How do you not see yourself as Se valuing? From what I've seen of you one-sidedly on this forum, you possess the stereotypical quality of Socionics Se with its domineering, forceful, and determined nature over Si's desire for comfort, passive interaction, and the minimization of conflict in favor of pleasant interaction.

    In fact, your first quote in this thread illustrates your Se determination of position over Si's adaptation of position.

    Just a thought.
    If you knew me in real life you would think differently. You are judging me by the few posts I've made on the internet.

  7. #187
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals.



    I'll be sure to tell my CEO workaholic (MBTI) ISTJ dad who achieved, achieved, achieved, that all he's really interested in is fucking off. What a riot.
    I can't believe there are still some people left who don't know the MBTI and Socionics are different.

    Amazing.
    Si in theory is the intrinsic realization of one's own potential or power, juxtaposing Se which is the external realization of external object's power and potential in the environment; therefore, it stands to reason that the reason the stereotypical ISTp is concerned with enjoyable activities is because they come to the possibly incorrect realization that they do not have the potential or power to achieve certain goals (unhealthy self-acceptance?), and I've actually witnessed this in ISTps. Therefore, if an ISTp comes to the realization that they do have the potential and the power to achieve a goal, they will achieve it, for it is within their mental grasp. With an intelligent, confident, and competent individual like your father probably is, the potential and power he saw within himself allowed him to broaden his horizons and made things that would seem impossibly hard to some ISTps seem reachable and doable. I have known ISTps who actively strive to achieve because they honestly believe their goals are within their grasps, and I've seen ISTps shrug off goals as if they knew they couldn't reach them, preferring to do what is comfortable according to their perception of their own power and potential intrinsic of themselves.

  8. #188
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    If you knew me in real life you would think differently. You are judging me by the few posts I've made on the internet.
    I know, hence me saying "from what I've seen of you one-sidedly on this forum".

  9. #189
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Si in theory
    Not interested in hearing what I already know.

  10. #190
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals.
    Which profile is that one line taken from?

    As with any profile, some are better, and some are worse, than others.

    I'll be sure to tell my CEO workaholic (MBTI) ISTJ dad who achieved, achieved, achieved, that all he's really interested in is fucking off.
    And, as you know, Jag, my dad is also an ISTJ (and a workaholic).

    Which is part of the reason I delved into this issue, because he clearly sounded more like one of the (shitty) profiles on socionics.com for ISTjs, as opposed to ISTps, even tho he clearly is an ISTJ in MBTI.

    The reason for this, tho, is already taken into account in my position.

    How does this description fit your father:

    Te blocked with Si

    Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions and emphasizing the productiveness or unproductiveness of different ways of doing things - even in such emotional areas as personal relationships. Delta types value peaceful, refreshing activities where they are doing something useful and balancing out their inner world at the same time. Delta types have the philosophy that they will have to rely on their own industriousness to achieve their goals rather than on luck, speculation, group effort, or strong leadership.
    I can't believe there are still some people left who don't know the MBTI and Socionics are different.

    Amazing.
    Actually, noone's making the argument that they're not.

Similar Threads

  1. Beta Quadra Video Examples
    By Stansmith in forum Socionics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
  3. Can anyone distinguish the Alpha Beta Gamma Delta archetypes for me...
    By Zangetshumody in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 01:15 PM
  4. The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO