User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 265

Thread: The beta quadra

  1. #141
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I have had a problem with comparing the two systems in the past. And pretty much stopped all together because the descriptions really didn't seem to line up to me.

    But this reason really makes sense to me.

    I know Azure's always said they were the same, but he never said why. So I couldn't just take that at face value.

    But this is probably the most concrete explanation that someone could infer, that I've seen anyway.

    Good stuff
    Glad it helped


  2. #142
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Yeah sure it matters what environment one grows up in. The descriptions won't ever line up perfectly because the system(s) behind it isn't (aren't) that great to explain every little thing about you.
    They are 2 systems based off of the same guys work.

    Neither system tackles every single microscopic detail about our lives.

    In that way ^, the systems started off at equal standpoints.

    Now using that as a starting point, one was interpreted from the Soviet Union, compared to being interpreted by America.

    Of course the stereotypes are a little off, but the basic functions being described are the same.

    But I'm only restating what has already been said. Just broken down more.

    The part about the systems being equal is assumed knowledge.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  3. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    They are 2 systems based off of the same guys work.

    Neither system tackles every single microscopic detail about our lives.

    In that way ^, the systems started off at equal standpoints.

    Now using that as a starting point, one was interpreted from the Soviet Union, compared to being interpreted by America.

    Of course the stereotypes are a little off, but the basic functions being described are the same.

    But I'm only restating what has already been said. Just broken down more.

    The part about the systems being equal is assumed knowledge.
    Yes it's assumed knowledge and I believe it's the wrong assumption.

    Quoting from my own post:

    Think of it this way; the concept of extraversion is not a single concept but built up from several elements. You will have to consider this when deciding which definition of extraversion you want to use. You may want to address the dilemma by creating better concepts after you've discovered more about the actual workings of the subject.

    I could quote more but you can just read the post if interested.

  4. #144
    Just a note... LittleV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Ah, and any ideas where you'd like to go, which field?
    I'd rather not get into that here. Also, why do you care so much about someone else's opinion/why is it more important to beat someone than to get the 'truth' out? You were already explaining what practically every researcher agrees upon in regard to system consistency... the effort it takes to build a system - why are you doing this?

  5. #145
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Yes it's assumed knowledge and I believe it's the wrong assumption.

    Quoting from my own post:

    Think of it this way; the concept of extraversion is not a single concept but built up from several elements. You will have to consider this when deciding which definition of extraversion you want to use. You may want to address the dilemma by creating better concepts after you've discovered more about the actual workings of the subject.

    I could quote more but you can just read the post if interested.
    Agreeing to disagree.

    I understand what you're saying. I just prefer my opinion more. I don't really think that the functions are different.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  6. #146
    Just a note... LittleV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    276

    Default

    The functions aren't different... the systems' rules are. Objective reality isn't different... subjective reality is. Te is conscious for me... just not valued... but it's one of the bases of research. This is why research continues... and continues... and continues. People don't agree; and they don't realize how much they don't know. Science is a process; it's cooperation.

  7. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    I'd rather not get into that here. Also, why do you care so much about someone else's opinion/why is it more important to beat someone than to get the 'truth' out? You were already explaining what practically every researcher agrees upon in regard to system consistency... the effort it takes to build a system - why are you doing this?
    I dunno, I do like to get obsessed about things making sense and, in this specific case, about bad correlations as well and I like to try and show it to others how and where bad correlations do matter when they seem to ignore that

    And yep I didn't really say anything new about stuff

    I didn't say it's more important to beat someone btw.

    Why you asking though?


    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Agreeing to disagree.

    I understand what you're saying. I just prefer my opinion more. I don't really think that the functions are different.
    Yeah ok. Why do you think they aren't different if I may ask?

  8. #148
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    The functions aren't different... the systems' rules are. Objective reality isn't different... subjective reality is. Te is conscious for me... just not valued... but it's one of the bases of research. This is why research continues... and continues... and continues. People don't agree. And they don't realize how much they don't know.
    So um, what does typology give you that psychology studies at university didn't offer you?

  9. #149
    Just a note... LittleV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    So um, what does typology give you that psychology studies at university didn't offer you?
    I'm not all about typology and science; I value interpersonal experiences.

  10. #150
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    I'm not all about typology and science; I value interpersonal experiences.
    So then what has typology offered to you that directly helps with that - interpersonal experiences - if you don't mind me asking?

Similar Threads

  1. Beta Quadra Video Examples
    By Stansmith in forum Socionics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
  3. Can anyone distinguish the Alpha Beta Gamma Delta archetypes for me...
    By Zangetshumody in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 01:15 PM
  4. The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO