User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 265

Thread: The beta quadra

  1. #121
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Yeah lol @Zarathustra was not even able to put a sensible reply together to my post above.

    Not that I know anything about his intellectual abilities; I just know that he's closed off from "reaching" because of god knows what kind of emotional bias for his own theory.
    No.

    If you remember, I told you I wouldn't be wasting any more time discussing issues with you.

    And, no, you're wrong again: it's not an emotional bias, it's an intellectual one.

    And it's only biased toward the truth.

  2. #122
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Ne ego types are "child-like", not childish or infantile. There is a difference in these descriptors that is often overlooked.

    Child-like means that they are exploratory in their approach, looking at everything around them anew, with "eyes of a child". So if you're making literal translations "infantile" -> infantile, you're going to be disappointed that Ne types aren't really like "infants". Many of them hold adult jobs, own businesses and homes, raise children, pay bills, etc. they do everything that is required of adults and don't behave like children, but still they retain this exploratory, curious, researcher-like approach to life. For Se types and types with strong Si things are as they are, "it is how it is" and that's it. But not so for Ne ego "child-like" types who like to imagine and explore alternatives.
    I never said that I expected Ne types to sit around in diapers gurgling and sucking their thumbs all day long or to be incapable of holding down a job. Don't put words in my mouth, dude.

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    No.

    If you remember, I told you I wouldn't be wasting any more time discussing issues with you.
    And you based that on what? You were unable to explain even that in any sensible logical way.


    And, no, you're wrong again: it's not an emotional bias, it's an intellectual one.

    And it's only biased toward the truth.
    It's an emotional bias, trust me, when you go around calling people who disagree with you "fools", that's emotion.

  4. #124
    Just a note... LittleV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    (For the sake of ease of speaking, let's assume MBTI-Socionics exact type overlap.)
    As a note... I think this would generally hold true, as they should at least translate more often than not.

    -----

    To throw it out there: the Abridged Big-Five Dimensional Circumplex (AB4C) is a more complex version of the Big Five... in which the traits are synthesized. There's progress.

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    As a note... I think this would generally hold true, as they should at least translate more often than not.
    Just be careful with all the fuzzy logic.

    (NOTE: I'm actually talking about the fuzzy kind of logic, I'm not trying to offend you by calling your logical abilities crap or anything.)


    To throw it out there: the Abridged Big-Five Dimensional Circumplex (AB4C) is a more complex version of the Big Five... in which the traits are synthesized. There's progress.
    How are they synthesized? Or if that's too long to explain, have you got a good link?

  6. #126
    Just a note... LittleV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Just be careful with all the fuzzy logic.

    (NOTE: I'm actually talking about the fuzzy kind of logic, I'm not trying to offend you by calling your logical abilities crap or anything.)
    It's cool. I do research, so I'm accustomed to the intensive critiquing of even seemingly 'perfect' experiments. It helps the process.


    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    How are they synthesized? Or if that's too long to explain, have you got a good link?
    http://projects.ori.org/lrg/PDFs_pap...cum-jpsp92.pdf

  7. #127
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    And you based that on what? You were unable to explain even that in any sensible logical way.

    It's an emotional bias, trust me, when you go around calling people who disagree with you "fools", that's emotion.
    Based on dumb comments like these that completely miss the mark, are bereft of truth, add absolutely no value to my life, and, in fact, detract from my life by wasting the time I spent reading them when I could have been doing something more worthwhile.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    It's cool. I do research, so I'm accustomed to the intensive critiquing of even seemingly 'perfect' experiments. It helps the process.

    http://projects.ori.org/lrg/PDFs_pap...cum-jpsp92.pdf
    Alright & thanks

    I just had a quick look for now;

    However, all this is not to say that scientific theories of personality are superior to the sediment of lay perceptions.

    Hahaha lovely. This is why I always hated the Big5 stuff.

    The final truth about the structure of personality is at best an asymptotic concept: For example, the genetic base is likely to be so complex that all of humankind does not provide sufficient degrees of freedom to determine its behavioral effects.

    Well yeah, to me, that's a way to say that just using the perceptions of "humankind" for research isn't the best way to analyse the brain's workings...



    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Based on dumb comments like these that completely miss the mark, are bereft of truth, add absolutely no value to my life, and, in fact, detract from my life by wasting the time I spent reading them when I could have been doing something more worthwhile.
    Lol seriously, you're unable to put together a proper logical explanation why you think it's dumb etc etc.

  9. #129
    Just a note... LittleV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Alright & thanks

    I just had a quick look for now;

    However, all this is not to say that scientific theories of personality are superior to the sediment of lay perceptions.

    Hahaha lovely. This is why I always hated the Big5 stuff.

    The final truth about the structure of personality is at best an asymptotic concept: For example, the genetic base is likely to be so complex that all of humankind does not provide sufficient degrees of freedom to determine its behavioral effects.

    Well yeah, to me, that's a way to say that just using the perceptions of "humankind" for research isn't the best way to analyse the brain's workings...
    Yeah, personality research is one of the underdogs in psychology overall. It's all about social psychology.

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleV View Post
    Yeah, personality research is one of the underdogs in psychology overall. There's always a small group at conferences. It's all about social... but personality/social neuroscience is making good progress.
    You do psychology research?

Similar Threads

  1. Beta Quadra Video Examples
    By Stansmith in forum Socionics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
  3. Can anyone distinguish the Alpha Beta Gamma Delta archetypes for me...
    By Zangetshumody in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 01:15 PM
  4. The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO