First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Well, it bears repeating that socionics in its most well known form was developed by an ENTp, whose vulnerable function is Fi (followed by Se). So it's not all that surprising that the descriptions of those functions specifically are a little off.

They aren't all crap though, I would say. A lot of socionics Fi makes sense to me and doesn't feel like Fe, to be honest. A large part of my people skills lies in knowing how I feel about people, having a decent idea of how they feel about me and the confidence (if not necessarily the inclination) that I can manipulate the strength of the bond, either to bring them closer to me or push them away (I'm not discounting their own role in it by any means or saying it's always predictable, but I'm confident of being able to control things from my end).

It's not an awareness of the other person in and of themselves but an idea of the relationship with that person, which is largely wrought by me and therefore more internal.

Regarding EII and the "ISFJ doormat" thing, yeah, I think it's way overstated (especially in the Wikisocion descriptions) but I do think that a lot INFPs have a kind of unconscious urge towards comfort and nostalgia and tend to mirror behaviours they like and want to show love in the ways they appreciate. So there's a bit of an anxious people pleaser element in them, which likes to attend to people's physical comfort but isn't necessarily so great at it (or as great as a real ISFJ would be).

Not saying this is true of all INFPs or of you in particular but I've noticed the tendency in quite a few.
    The italic is more e9 than Fi, IMO. I note that in e9s, regardless of Jungian type.

I'm not nostalgic much at all either and don't really see it in any INFPs I've known, including e9s. I think it's a poor grasp of what tertiary Si looks like in an INxP. I just don't see it at all that way.

The bolded is only something I can dream of. That's one of my biggest struggles in life. I struggle to clearly see how people feel about me. I seem to project dislike/criticism &/or naively feel liked when actually being manipulated - which reminds me of inferior Te as described by Jung for Fi-dom. I waffle between extremes in trying to gauge this. I certainly focus on it, but I am very uncertain.

I don't know how to manipulate bonds either. I generally feel at the mercy of someone else. I can mimic certain social formulas, but then I get frustrated when it doesn't work like it "should". I have that "missed the memo" feeling in this area.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The italic is more e9 than Fi, IMO. I note that in e9s, regardless of Jungian type.

I'm not nostalgic much at all either and don't really see it in any INFPs I've known, including e9s. I think it's a poor grasp of what tertiary Si looks like in an INxP. I just don't see it at all that way.

The bolded is only something I can dream of. That's one of my biggest struggles in life. I struggle to clearly see how people feel about me. I seem to project dislike/criticism &/or naively feel liked when actually being manipulated - which reminds me of inferior Te as described by Jung for Fi-dom. I waffle between extremes in trying to gauge this. I certainly focus on it, but I am very uncertain.

I don't know how to manipulate bonds either. I generally feel at the mercy of someone else. I can mimic certain social formulas, but then I get frustrated when it doesn't work like it "should". I have that "missed the memo" feeling in this area.
    When I say "manipulation", I don't really mean I have amazing mental superpowers that I can use to attract or repel people at will. It's more that I have relatively good people instincts and have found that the way I feel about people is typically quite similar to the way they feel about me and also that I can project the way I feel to control the nature of the relationship to some extent. Like, if I get bad vibes from someone and don't like them, there's a good chance that it's probably because they don't like me either. So when I choose not to censor that dislike, they get the message that I don't care for them and go away.

Might be an overdeveloped sense of self-preservation/suspicion, might be socionics Fi, who knows.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    There is no debate. This is fact.
    Not arguing, but I do get C2 > C4

I'm willing to bet @Amargith will say D2 > D4

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Not arguing, but I do get C2 > C4

I'm willing to bet @Amargith will say D2 > D4
    Nope. In this test, they truly are the same for me. It's like my 4 double wing-thing.

And hey, with my recent rash of getting typed ENFJ, it just becomes more fun to do the double thing
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nope. In this test, they truly are the same for me. It's like my 4 double wing-thing.

And hey, with my recent rash of getting typed ENFJ, it just becomes more fun to do the double thing
    You just like being a Pteranodon, trying to derail socionics. Socionics caters for the different modes that you can be in.

MBTI
    yupp

I know very little about socionics, so I don't get how to score this test. Plus every single one is different. I give up
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

I still don't think I did this right, but I'm either EII or LII and what do I do with the list? I'm sorry this making me feel extremely dumb

I read both descriptions it doesn't seem right for either one
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You just like being a Pteranodon, trying to derail socionics. Socionics caters for the different modes that you can be in.
    I honestly am not trying to be difficult. But hey, if it makes people more comfortable, I'll be IEE and 4w3...and apparently Fe-dom
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I honestly am not trying to be difficult. But hey, if it makes people more comfortable, I'll be IEE and 4w3...and apparently Fe-dom
    Noooooooo

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Noooooooo
    Sigh. Why don't you tell me what you'd like me to be then
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★