• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Socionics type - SEI, IEI or ESI? (Video included)

S

Stansmith

Thoughts? [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION] [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] [MENTION=10791]sulfit[/MENTION] [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] and anyone who's willing to contribute..

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think my original guess was SEE-Fi if not ESI-Se

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking SEI because of a relaxed demeanor, surface level answers and and a judicious attitude to life.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I say not SEI, probably ESI

G

garbage

Your posting style doesn't seem to match this video at all. Not in a bad way--kind of a curiosity :)

My vote is for ESI.

Fi and Introtim all up in here. Some sort of conscious relationship with Si, but more along the lines of "ignoring" function...

The individual is perfectly adept at evaluating his physical state and the quality of his sensations, but gives priority to the external act of experiencing and interacting with the world.​

Also, Gamma. These seem to apply:

• Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.
  • Gamma types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive activity or discuss serious topics.
  • Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.
  • Gamma types do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality.
  • Gamma types are more inclined to speculate and discuss possible developments of present circumstances, or how these came about, than to speculate or analyze alternative scenarios or possibilities

Where did you get these questions? I like 'em.

S

Stansmith

While I can relate to a few celebrities who've been typed as ESI, the description seems like an awkward fit, although certainly not far off either. I have a hard time seeing myself as decisive/Se-ego in particular - I'm practically inert and have little-to-no concern with exerting control over my immediate environment...I'm fairly self-contented in that regard.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESI -Fi sounds really right for you ... Though to be really honest I wouldn't give up on LSI too.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While I can relate to a few celebrities who've been typed as ESI, the description seems like an awkward fit, although certainly not far off either. I have a hard time seeing myself as decisive/Se-ego in particular - I'm practically inert and have little-to-no concern with exerting control over my immediate environment...I'm fairly self-contented in that regard.

That's why I said SEI would be better for you.

S

Stansmith

Bump. I can pretty much scratch IEI off the list, since SEI and ESI are the only types I'm seriously considering at the moment. I appreciate the input I've gotten so far and would love to hear a few more thoughts before I take the video down some time within the next few days.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ESIs may concern themselves with following the rules or ettiquette for successfully interacting in a formal setting, and with dressing and coming across properly to others. They often have a keen sense of style. - : Socionics Types: ESI-ISFj

^That is the way I see you expressing your Se.

It doesn't sound like you have Fe. It sounds like you have sophisticated Se.

S

Stansmith

ESIs may concern themselves with following the rules or ettiquette for successfully interacting in a formal setting, and with dressing and coming across properly to others. They often have a keen sense of style. - : Socionics Types: ESI-ISFj

^That is the way I see you expressing your Se.

It doesn't sound like you have Fe. It sounds like you have sophisticated Se.

Yeah, I'm starting to see it.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey I hope you don’t mind me piping in with an opinion despite not knowing you. But I have seen enough of your threads to be bewildered as to why you are entertaining the notion of ESI. First things first, there is no such thing as sophisticated Se; Se and Si are tied directly to traditional masculinity and femininity respectively. Se is concerned with money and power, Si is concerned with aesthetics and refinement.

Now while an ESI could be refined they would do it with Gamma values in place. Gammas want money, moral authority and power, if they had a motto it would be “might is right”, the idea that because they have power they have moral authority over those beneath them. For example the ESI who always dresses and acts appropriately at work in hopes of gaining a promotion, while outside of work couldn’t care less for either.

This is why I am confused because the threads that you post, that I have read are usually aesthetic based. You seem to enjoy the beauty and poignancy of the things you post; which is to say you post without agenda, which is an alpha quality.

I wonder if you are possible mixing up JCF and socionics? The functions are different in socionics due to its piss poor attempt at outside observation and trait based groupings. For instance socionics Si would be a combination of a chunk of Jung’s Se description, combined with about half of the Ni description (the part about art, aesthetics, and the potential for development into moralistic stances.), and a dash of Si. Alternatively have you read the SEI descriptions particularly those by that moron Beskova (not that any of them are that good really), and said to yourself hey I’m not a 1950’s housewife?

Yeah this puts you in the realm of SEI, inert and a lack of concern about control is pretty Alpha.

S

Stansmith

Hey I hope you don’t mind me piping in with an opinion despite not knowing you. But I have seen enough of your threads to be bewildered as to why you are entertaining the notion of ESI. First things first, there is no such thing as sophisticated Se; Se and Si are tied directly to traditional masculinity and femininity respectively. Se is concerned with money and power, Si is concerned with aesthetics and refinement.

Now while an ESI could be refined they would do it with Gamma values in place. Gammas want money, moral authority and power, if they had a motto it would be “might is right”, the idea that because they have power they have moral authority over those beneath them. For example the ESI who always dresses and acts appropriately at work in hopes of gaining a promotion, while outside of work couldn’t care less for either.

This is why I am confused because the threads that you post, that I have read are usually aesthetic based. You seem to enjoy the beauty and poignancy of the things you post; which is to say you post without agenda, which is an alpha quality.

I wonder if you are possible mixing up JCF and socionics? The functions are different in socionics due to its piss poor attempt at outside observation and trait based groupings. For instance socionics Si would be a combination of a chunk of Jung’s Se description, combined with about half of the Ni description (the part about art, aesthetics, and the potential for development into moralistic stances.), and a dash of Si. Alternatively have you read the SEI descriptions particularly those by that moron Beskova (not that any of them are that good really), and said to yourself hey I’m not a 1950’s housewife?

Yeah this puts you in the realm of SEI, inert and a lack of concern about control is pretty Alpha.

Lol, yes. Which is why I feel like a hybrid of the two descriptions; less actively involved, emotionally-expressive, and self-forgetting, as well as more prudent than an SEI, less openly hostile than an ESI. Overall, Myers-Briggs ISFP is a much more satisfying description for me, since it seems to incorporate traits from both.

Anyway, I'll take what you've said into consideration. Thanks.

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION]

As for your point about aesthetics, aren't there quite a few ESI's who are musicians, or involved in other creative fields? I've seen artists like Bob Dylan and Frank Ocean typed as ESI, and assuming they're accurately typed, I can certainly see aspects of my personality and demeanor in them. Moreso than a stereotypical SEI-Fe.

If SEI descriptions/stereotypes are based on SEI-Fe's, I'd also argue that many ESI descriptions are based on middle-aged ESI-Se's.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

I was in the middle of quoting what you deleted, :laugh: awesome.

Anywho, those things seemed to correlate to MBTI ISFP. I agree it seems like a mix of the 2.

Have you tried seeing which quadra you relate to the most?

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

I was in the middle of quoting what you deleted, :laugh: awesome.

Anywho, those things seemed to correlate to MBTI ISFP. I agree it seems like a mix of the 2.

Have you tried seeing which quadra you relate to the most?

It's tough to say. While the wikisocion description of Alpha seems more appealing (can't say I've had much experience with a Gamma group, although it doesn't sound bad either), I find it easier to relate to the restrained, self-conscious presence of a Gamma than to some of the sillier, looser representatives of Alpha.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's tough to say. While the wikisocion description of Alpha seems more appealing (can't say I've had much experience with a Gamma group, although it doesn't sound bad either), I find it easier to relate to the restrained, self-conscious presence of a Gamma than to some of the sillier, looser representatives of Alpha.

Yea I hear ya. I have the same dilemma deciding between Gamma and Delta. :/