User Tag List

First 123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

i like your shirt

Stansmith

Bump. I can pretty much scratch IEI off the list, since SEI and ESI are the only types I'm seriously considering at the moment. I appreciate the input I've gotten so far and would love to hear a few more thoughts before I take the video down some time within the next few days.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    While I can relate to a few celebrities who've been typed as ESI, the description seems like an awkward fit, although certainly not far off either. I have a hard time seeing myself as decisive/Se-ego in particular - I'm practically inert and have little-to-no concern with exerting control over my immediate environment...I'm fairly self-contented in that regard.
    ESIs may concern themselves with following the rules or ettiquette for successfully interacting in a formal setting, and with dressing and coming across properly to others. They often have a keen sense of style. - : Socionics Types: ESI-ISFj

^That is the way I see you expressing your Se.

It doesn't sound like you have Fe. It sounds like you have sophisticated Se.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    ESIs may concern themselves with following the rules or ettiquette for successfully interacting in a formal setting, and with dressing and coming across properly to others. They often have a keen sense of style. - : Socionics Types: ESI-ISFj

^That is the way I see you expressing your Se.

It doesn't sound like you have Fe. It sounds like you have sophisticated Se.
    Yeah, I'm starting to see it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Hey I hope you don’t mind me piping in with an opinion despite not knowing you. But I have seen enough of your threads to be bewildered as to why you are entertaining the notion of ESI. First things first, there is no such thing as sophisticated Se; Se and Si are tied directly to traditional masculinity and femininity respectively. Se is concerned with money and power, Si is concerned with aesthetics and refinement.

Now while an ESI could be refined they would do it with Gamma values in place. Gammas want money, moral authority and power, if they had a motto it would be “might is right”, the idea that because they have power they have moral authority over those beneath them. For example the ESI who always dresses and acts appropriately at work in hopes of gaining a promotion, while outside of work couldn’t care less for either.

This is why I am confused because the threads that you post, that I have read are usually aesthetic based. You seem to enjoy the beauty and poignancy of the things you post; which is to say you post without agenda, which is an alpha quality.

I wonder if you are possible mixing up JCF and socionics? The functions are different in socionics due to its piss poor attempt at outside observation and trait based groupings. For instance socionics Si would be a combination of a chunk of Jung’s Se description, combined with about half of the Ni description (the part about art, aesthetics, and the potential for development into moralistic stances.), and a dash of Si. Alternatively have you read the SEI descriptions particularly those by that moron Beskova (not that any of them are that good really), and said to yourself hey I’m not a 1950’s housewife?

While I can relate to a few celebrities who've been typed as ESI, the description seems like an awkward fit, although certainly not far off either. I have a hard time seeing myself as decisive/Se-ego in particular - I'm practically inert and have little-to-no concern with exerting control over my immediate environment...I'm fairly self-contented in that regard.
    Yeah this puts you in the realm of SEI, inert and a lack of concern about control is pretty Alpha.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    Hey I hope you don’t mind me piping in with an opinion despite not knowing you. But I have seen enough of your threads to be bewildered as to why you are entertaining the notion of ESI. First things first, there is no such thing as sophisticated Se; Se and Si are tied directly to traditional masculinity and femininity respectively. Se is concerned with money and power, Si is concerned with aesthetics and refinement.

Now while an ESI could be refined they would do it with Gamma values in place. Gammas want money, moral authority and power, if they had a motto it would be “might is right”, the idea that because they have power they have moral authority over those beneath them. For example the ESI who always dresses and acts appropriately at work in hopes of gaining a promotion, while outside of work couldn’t care less for either.

This is why I am confused because the threads that you post, that I have read are usually aesthetic based. You seem to enjoy the beauty and poignancy of the things you post; which is to say you post without agenda, which is an alpha quality.

I wonder if you are possible mixing up JCF and socionics? The functions are different in socionics due to its piss poor attempt at outside observation and trait based groupings. For instance socionics Si would be a combination of a chunk of Jung’s Se description, combined with about half of the Ni description (the part about art, aesthetics, and the potential for development into moralistic stances.), and a dash of Si. Alternatively have you read the SEI descriptions particularly those by that moron Beskova (not that any of them are that good really), and said to yourself hey I’m not a 1950’s housewife?

Yeah this puts you in the realm of SEI, inert and a lack of concern about control is pretty Alpha.
    Lol, yes. Which is why I feel like a hybrid of the two descriptions; less actively involved, emotionally-expressive, and self-forgetting, as well as more prudent than an SEI, less openly hostile than an ESI. Overall, Myers-Briggs ISFP is a much more satisfying description for me, since it seems to incorporate traits from both.

Anyway, I'll take what you've said into consideration. Thanks.

Stansmith

@Dr Mobius

As for your point about aesthetics, aren't there quite a few ESI's who are musicians, or involved in other creative fields? I've seen artists like Bob Dylan and Frank Ocean typed as ESI, and assuming they're accurately typed, I can certainly see aspects of my personality and demeanor in them. Moreso than a stereotypical SEI-Fe.

If SEI descriptions/stereotypes are based on SEI-Fe's, I'd also argue that many ESI descriptions are based on middle-aged ESI-Se's.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Stansmith

I was in the middle of quoting what you deleted, awesome.

Anywho, those things seemed to correlate to MBTI ISFP. I agree it seems like a mix of the 2.

Have you tried seeing which quadra you relate to the most?

Freedom isn't free.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    10w12

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    @Stansmith

I was in the middle of quoting what you deleted, awesome.

Anywho, those things seemed to correlate to MBTI ISFP. I agree it seems like a mix of the 2.

Have you tried seeing which quadra you relate to the most?
    It's tough to say. While the wikisocion description of Alpha seems more appealing (can't say I've had much experience with a Gamma group, although it doesn't sound bad either), I find it easier to relate to the restrained, self-conscious presence of a Gamma than to some of the sillier, looser representatives of Alpha.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It's tough to say. While the wikisocion description of Alpha seems more appealing (can't say I've had much experience with a Gamma group, although it doesn't sound bad either), I find it easier to relate to the restrained, self-conscious presence of a Gamma than to some of the sillier, looser representatives of Alpha.
    Yea I hear ya. I have the same dilemma deciding between Gamma and Delta. :/

Freedom isn't free.
    10w12