User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Se ego yet long term thinker?

working alongside my friend has made me realize that I am a much more long term thinker than he is.

Everything I do seems to have long term results. everything he does is instantaneous. It kinda baffles me. Its like, long term thought to him is painful and difficult but it shows tangible results. Me on the other hand, I will spend 2 months saving money in order to buy an advertisement program. Saving money involves sitting at home not driving my car, talking on the cell phone and playing video games.

This has actually helped me realize why I have difficulty at so many jobs. They always want immediate results and I have none to give. For example, while he is in managing the business, cleaning, and making phone calls for sales, I am pondering the difficulties I'm having with my employees and wondering how I can better fix them so they can do the job more efficiently and have fun doing it. So I spend a lot of time meditating, but also meditating on my anger, and then I'll get into my car and set up an appointment with one of the guys and we'll have a long conversation. I'll do this with 5 other people all at once. In the end, there are no short term results. Are there long term results? I don't even know, but its worth a shot.

So this slow methodical ponderous behavior of mine makes me wonder what my deal is. Does anyone have an insight as to the reason for my long term behavior? I always test as SLE. Are SLE's long term thinkers in this respect? It seems to go against what I understand of Se base.

WALMART

You are ENTP. Problem solved.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    You are ENTP. Problem solved.
    explain

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

hmm I wonder if this is a difference in strategic/tactical dichotomy, or even a combination of carefree + strategic vs farsighted + strategic.

garbage

According to the theory, Se-Ego leads one to place an emphasis on short-term, tactical, and immediately tangible thoughts. Any mixture of Reinin dichotomies (which are themselves contentious anyway) won't trump that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    According to the theory, Se-Ego leads one to place an emphasis on short-term, tactical, and immediately tangible thoughts. Any mixture of Reinin dichotomies (which are themselves contentious anyway) won't trump that.
    Hmm. you're an enfj right? can you identify with this guy?

I do strive for tangible things, namely money at the moment. But its like, long term tangible things, and everything up until that point isn't really even considered, just understood. I have to get across an obstacle course, my parietal lobe takes over and my body traverses the obstacles. The end point is in mind, the eyes look at the obstacle temporarily, but when there is an empty field without obstacles, my eye is set on the end goal of running across the field, whereas with this guy he seems to be thinking about ensuring every footstep lands properly, and if I'm not doing the same thing that means I'm not doing anything at all.

Perhaps Se dominance makes me take the details for granted, whereas an ENFJ would get caught up and lost in the short term obstacles as they pertain to the big picture?

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    working alongside my friend has made me realize that I am a much more long term thinker than he is.

Everything I do seems to have long term results. everything he does is instantaneous. It kinda baffles me. Its like, long term thought to him is painful and difficult but it shows tangible results. Me on the other hand, I will spend 2 months saving money in order to buy an advertisement program. Saving money involves sitting at home not driving my car, talking on the cell phone and playing video games.

This has actually helped me realize why I have difficulty at so many jobs. They always want immediate results and I have none to give. For example, while he is in managing the business, cleaning, and making phone calls for sales, I am pondering the difficulties I'm having with my employees and wondering how I can better fix them so they can do the job more efficiently and have fun doing it. So I spend a lot of time meditating, but also meditating on my anger, and then I'll get into my car and set up an appointment with one of the guys and we'll have a long conversation. I'll do this with 5 other people all at once. In the end, there are no short term results. Are there long term results? I don't even know, but its worth a shot.

So this slow methodical ponderous behavior of mine makes me wonder what my deal is. Does anyone have an insight as to the reason for my long term behavior? I always test as SLE. Are SLE's long term thinkers in this respect? It seems to go against what I understand of Se base.
    You have 7 in your enneatype!

It's Ego - Planning!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    You have 7 in your enneatype!

It's Ego - Planning!
    where does it say e7's are planners?

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    where does it say e7's are planners?
    Wuit??

I can't believe you've never heard of that!? lol

That's why I relate to you so much in your videos! lol You ooooze enneagram 7!! lol

http://www.gratefulness.org/readings/enneagram_7.htm

I read a book called :The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul

Sandra Maitri always talks about the 7's Ego being Planning.

Edit: This describes the passions and virtues.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=697...am%207&f=false
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@Urarienev @Azure Flame

Actually, I believe 6 is the ultimate planner because they feel they must to prepare fully for all possibilities (to avoid bad things, or try anyway). It's part of the anxiety component. 7's by contrast kind of fly by the seat of their pants. Not that they can't or don't plan, but 6 is definitely more prone to it.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨