• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Se ego yet long term thinker?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I cannot afford the time for such trivialities. You would need to be an employ of my tutelage.

Lol it's not triviality at all, seeing how I and others don't see him as Ne type at all, giving specific reasons for it. All those go against Ne-dom pretty strongly. Good luck refuting that ;)

W

WALMART

Lol it's not triviality at all, seeing how I and others don't see him as Ne type at all, giving specific reasons for it. All those go against Ne-dom pretty strongly. Good luck refuting that ;)

People are also meme gobbling trope machines that have next to zero will as independent thinkers.

Coincidence?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People are also meme gobbling trope machines that have next to zero will as independent thinkers.

Coincidence?

Are you "people" as well?

If not, then how the hell would you know that everyone else is NOT an independent thinker, nobody other than you?

Also, you were unable to say anything about the fact that there's specific reasons given for the argument (of OP not being the ENTP type).

W

WALMART

Are you "people" as well?

If not, then how the hell would you know that everyone else is NOT an independent thinker, nobody other than you?

Also, you were unable to say anything about the fact that there's specific reasons given for the argument (of OP not being the ENTP type).

A lack of expression does not denote incapability.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lack of expression does not denote incapability.

However, it does not denote capability either. It's actually more likely that you are not capable of reasoning for your guess.

You couldn't reply to the other point either :D

G

garbage

However, it does not denote capability either. It's actually more likely that you are not capable of reasoning for your guess.

You couldn't reply to the other point either :D
All of this over him stating a hunch that the OP is such-and-such a type? Give me a break. I wouldn't bother to have a conversation about a claim in the face of that sort of derision, either.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All of this over him stating a hunch that the OP is such-and-such a type? Give me a break. I wouldn't bother to have a conversation about a claim in the face of that sort of derision, either.

It was started here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67779&p=2239716&viewfull=1#post2239716

Basically he right away refused to reply. Not because of later "derision", which I would actually call provocative replies instead.

PS: Btw, of course he isn't "required" to reply, I just dislike it when someone states whatever and then goes on to evasively BS around instead of giving some grounds to the claim

W

WALMART

It was started here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67779&p=2239716&viewfull=1#post2239716

Basically he right away refused to reply. Not because of later "derision", which I would actually call provocative replies instead.

PS: Btw, of course he isn't "required" to reply, I just dislike it when someone states whatever and then goes on to evasively BS around instead of giving some grounds to the claim

To belay the entirety of my rationale towards type would require an extensive effort on my part.

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type."

If you cannot read this and nod your head uh huh in relation to the scope of my original assertion, I'm not sure what else my business here would be.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To belay the entirety of my rationale towards type would require an extensive effort on my part.

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type."

If you cannot read this and nod your head uh huh in relation to the scope of my original assertion, I'm not sure what else my business here would be.

Heh well first post by OP was actually kind of N-ish but I was thinking more Ni than Ne, wherever the place for intuition is in his psyche. I'm not necessarily debating intuition, just Ne.

So in terms of that - general intuition - I can be nodding my head here, sure. I see only this part as specifically "Ne": "his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities" & "he may expand his abilities in many directions". I have not seen that with OP yet. Have you?

PS: I also wonder what [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] thinks about the quote here.

W

WALMART

Heh well first post by OP was actually kind of N-ish but I was thinking more Ni than Ne, wherever the place for intuition is in his psyche. I'm not necessarily debating intuition, just Ne.

So in terms of that - general intuition - I can be nodding my head here, sure. I see only this part as specifically "Ne": "his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities" & "he may expand his abilities in many directions". I have not seen that with OP yet. Have you?

PS: I also wonder what [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] thinks about the quote here.

He is all over the place with his life.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

I actually am learning ninjutsu from an ENTP 8w9. We are similar in many ways. His body just DOES things and people can potentially die. However he thinks too much and has a much more sad outlook on life. In his intuition he sees how everyone around him is giving and taking, and he understands the give/take as well. He empathizes with everyone but doesn't care. I on the other hand, only see what is, and learning to see this give and take is much more difficult for me. All I see when I walk into a bar are the grimaces and smiles on peoples' faces and if they are aimed at me or not. From there I have to determine based on experience and specific body language what that person is thinking.

And for the record, i'm not all over the place. I'm actually making constant and steady growth despite my radar searching in all directions. I'm in an awkward phase where there is no immediate gain, so I do resort to my Ne role function to find opportunity. However once I am making 2000 a month passive income, I am going to go insane and get that exponential growth in expanding my empire. I'm almost there.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Eh lol :p

Though I wouldn't think that on its own is Ne-dominance.

I actually am learning ninjutsu from an ENTP 8w9. We are similar in many ways. His body just DOES things and people can potentially die. However he thinks too much and has a much more sad outlook on life. In his intuition he sees how everyone around him is giving and taking, and he understands the give/take as well. He empathizes with everyone but doesn't care. I on the other hand, only see what is, and learning to see this give and take is much more difficult for me. All I see when I walk into a bar are the grimaces and smiles on peoples' faces and if they are aimed at me or not. From there I have to determine based on experience and specific body language what that person is thinking.

And for the record, i'm not all over the place. I'm actually making constant and steady growth despite my radar searching in all directions. I'm in an awkward phase where there is no immediate gain, so I do resort to my Ne role function to find opportunity. However once I am making 2000 a month passive income, I am going to go insane and get that exponential growth in expanding my empire. I'm almost there.

What does it feel like using "Ne role"?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Eh lol :p

Though I wouldn't think that on its own is Ne-dominance.

What does it feel like using "Ne role"?

As far as I can tell it just feels kinda tiring if I use it too much. Its used when I need to change my perspective. At the moment I'm having difficulty deciding if the function I'm using to shift perspectives is Ne or Ni.

So for example, if I wanted to find antonyms for things, or take an object in front of me and think about its positive and negative properties, its goods and evils, etc. "This lit match both purifies and destroys"

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as I can tell it just feels kinda tiring if I use it too much. Its used when I need to change my perspective. At the moment I'm having difficulty deciding if the function I'm using to shift perspectives is Ne or Ni.

So for example, if I wanted to find antonyms for things, or take an object in front of me and think about its positive and negative properties, its goods and evils, etc. "This lit match both purifies and destroys"

Ah, well, you're better at this N thing than I am then. I couldn't be bothered about doing these examples. Well unless I get a lot of money for it or whatever :p

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

(Why are you listed as ISTP now? You have way more Fe than an ISTP.......:huh: )

And that example you gave it's so simplistic that it makes us identify functions like a vacuum. And I don't think you can attribute that to just one function.

But just to clarify I know what you're trying to say.

It's most likely Ni.

You don't have Ne.

So it's probably you coming to an intuition and extraverting it via Se.

Just like my Fi looks like accomodating Fe.

My Fi holds a value, Te extraverts it. (It's with much less emphasis on emotional tone than Fe though.)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
(Why are you listed as ISTP now? You have way more Fe than an ISTP.......:huh: )

And that example you gave it's so simplistic that it makes us identify functions like a vacuum. And I don't think you can attribute that to just one function.

But just to clarify I know what you're trying to say.

It's most likely Ni.

You don't have Ne.

So it's probably you coming to an intuition and extraverting it via Se.

Just like my Fi looks like accomodating Fe.

My Fi holds a value, Te extraverts it. (It's with much less emphasis on emotional tone than Fe though.)

I'm really only listing as ISTP because I like the ISTP descriptions more than estp descriptions (which are really dull and make them sound like unthinking meatheads).

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

IMO - Best argument against ISTP if he has more Se than ISTP's, though yeah I can see the "more Fe" :p

I'm really only listing as ISTP because I like the ISTP descriptions more than estp descriptions (which are really dull and make them sound like unthinking meatheads).

ISTP is a lot more sexy huh? ;p

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yea they're not though. Fuck what other ppl think.

And ime, I have the impression that ESTP's are closet geeks. They're usually the kool kids so they have to suppress how much they know, and they often get around, if you know what I mean....lol

That is....if we're stereotyping lol.

IMO - Best argument against ISTP if he has more Se than ISTP's, though yeah I can see the "more Fe" :p

He does that too.

But I was assuming others already knew that. Cause his Se+Fe combo makes him pretty extraverted.

ISTP is a lot more sexy huh? ;p

Eh I think this goes back to the thing we were talking about before with shy ppl.

Introverts only seem smarter cause they don't have the urge to word vomit.

They think before they speak. It gives the illusion that they're smarter.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Not all estp's get around either. A lot of them will tell you that they are only attracted to someone after a connection is formed. I met an estp enneagram 7 who became a pickup artist because he was angry at women. At least that's what he made it sound like. "Fuck what they think, they don't give a damn about me either!"

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not all estp's get around either. A lot of them will tell you that they are only attracted to someone after a connection is formed. I met an estp enneagram 7 who became a pickup artist because he was angry at women. At least that's what he made it sound like. "Fuck what they think, they don't give a damn about me either!"

Yea, I know that lol.

I was making the point that it's just a stereotype.

Cause I know that's not how you are lol

(The irony was supposed to be funny)