User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I was going to suggest an enneagram difference or instinct difference. Maybe you have a stronger self preservation instinct than your friend.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Actually, I believe 6 is the ultimate planner because they feel they must to prepare fully for all possibilities (to avoid bad things, or try anyway). It's part of the anxiety component. 7's by contrast kind of fly by the seat of their pants. Not that they can't or don't plan, but 6 is definitely more prone to it.
    This is true to a degree. While I don't plan as in writing out a specific schedule for the week, I try to be mentally prepared and visualize various scenarios of what could possibly happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    hmm I wonder if this is a difference in strategic/tactical dichotomy, or even a combination of carefree + strategic vs farsighted + strategic.
    SLE 8w7 is not very likely to get into planning. EP 8w7s take blows as life deals them, but they have good awareness and flexibility so they can afford this approach. Seeing that you type as ISTP another explanation could be that you're of LSI type. This type is close to SLE but is fundamental in its thinking, thorough and a good planner (historical example of this would be Stalin's 5 year plans).

garbage

Hmm. you're an enfj right? can you identify with this guy?
    I do strive for tangible things, namely money at the moment. But its like, long term tangible things, and everything up until that point isn't really even considered, just understood. I have to get across an obstacle course, my parietal lobe takes over and my body traverses the obstacles. The end point is in mind, the eyes look at the obstacle temporarily, but when there is an empty field without obstacles, my eye is set on the end goal of running across the field, whereas with this guy he seems to be thinking about ensuring every footstep lands properly, and if I'm not doing the same thing that means I'm not doing anything at all.

Perhaps Se dominance makes me take the details for granted, whereas an ENFJ would get caught up and lost in the short term obstacles as they pertain to the big picture?
    I don't identify with that guy at all. I relate more to your account in the OP--e.g. penny pinching to save up for a greater endeavor, investing in people, and so on. Time's a continuum; there's a fluidity between what we do now and what will happen later.

Wikisocion's LIE description, under the Ni-creative function section, says it all pretty well:
    Whenever occupied with a task, LIEs are already thinking ahead. Their attention tends to be less focused on their immediate surroundings and the specific details of an activity, than on their longer-term implications, consequences, and usefulness. More present-focused people may see that as laziness: they are not really dedicated to doing something immediately because they are already realizing that it may be pointless in the longer term, so why even do it.
    Though that snippet's from the LIE description, the bolded would also apply to any other types with Ni-creative, and probably all Ni-ego types. It's part and parcel to what Ni is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I don't identify with that guy at all. I relate more to your account in the OP--e.g. penny pinching to save up for a greater endeavor, investing in people, and so on. Time's a continuum; there's a fluidity between what we do now and what will happen later.

Wikisocion's LIE description, under the Ni-creative function section, says it all pretty well:

Though that snippet's from the LIE description, the bolded would also apply to any other types with Ni-creative, and probably all Ni-ego types. It's part and parcel to what Ni is.
    Well if that is what an LIE IS then call me an LIE. But I thought LIE's were clumsy and forgetful of details. I remember everything and I'm a born ninja hence my current ISTP descriptor MASTER OF TOOLS (i'm also taking actual ninjutsu classes, hay!)

Whatever personality has the highest kinesthetic prowess, that's what I am. end of story.

I like the idea that i am the smartest estp on earth. Why not. all the other estbitches here are pussy shits with their fingers up their noses.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Azure Flame
    I think you're an ENTP in MBTI. that would explain it (though you are certainly Beta in Socionics. like, too Beta )
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@garbage

this enfj, its almost as if he has managed to convince himself that he is Se dominant or something, and completely hates his own Ni. he said he is always trying to improve people in a long term way, however he is never around to see the results, so he instead always seeks instantaneous results in order to be happy, as he is never satisfied.

Would that make more sense?

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Azure Flame
    I think you're an ENTP in MBTI. that would explain it (though you are certainly Beta in Socionics. like, too Beta )
    Eh...He seems too tunnel vision-y with his convictions to be a myers-Briggs Ne-Dom..it's almost as if he has a blindspot in regards to naturally perceiving alternatives. Don't mean it as an insult...

His ideas are also epiphanic in nature, as opposed to coming from a grounded framework of possibilities and alternatives.

garbage

Well if that is what an LIE IS then call me an LIE. But I thought LIE's were clumsy and forgetful of details.
    Never heard that. I know that they don't have the patience for details if they don't see the long-term benefit.

We've gotta pull in someone who knows a thing or two about Socionics for that one.

(The snippet from the description of LIE that I pulled up, though, was more to illustrate what a Ni-ego might be thinking--that is, it's not exclusive to the LIE but also covers ILI, EIE, and IEI.)
    @garbage

this enfj, its almost as if he has managed to convince himself that he is Se dominant or something, and completely hates his own Ni. he said he is always trying to improve people in a long term way, however he is never around to see the results, so he instead always seeks instantaneous results in order to be happy, as he is never satisfied.

Would that make more sense?
    One wouldn't hate one of his ego functions--or, at least, it's very improbable. 'Cause by definition, they represent a POV that they're comfortable and confident in.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

working alongside my friend has made me realize that I am a much more long term thinker than he is.

Everything I do seems to have long term results. everything he does is instantaneous. It kinda baffles me. Its like, long term thought to him is painful and difficult but it shows tangible results. Me on the other hand, I will spend 2 months saving money in order to buy an advertisement program. Saving money involves sitting at home not driving my car, talking on the cell phone and playing video games.

This has actually helped me realize why I have difficulty at so many jobs. They always want immediate results and I have none to give. For example, while he is in managing the business, cleaning, and making phone calls for sales, I am pondering the difficulties I'm having with my employees and wondering how I can better fix them so they can do the job more efficiently and have fun doing it. So I spend a lot of time meditating, but also meditating on my anger, and then I'll get into my car and set up an appointment with one of the guys and we'll have a long conversation. I'll do this with 5 other people all at once. In the end, there are no short term results. Are there long term results? I don't even know, but its worth a shot.

So this slow methodical ponderous behavior of mine makes me wonder what my deal is. Does anyone have an insight as to the reason for my long term behavior? I always test as SLE. Are SLE's long term thinkers in this respect? It seems to go against what I understand of Se base.
    I don't know, I am typed as SLE (by tests and socionics people) but I don't relate too much to what you describe here. I mean I can meditate or whatnot but I don't do it all day. I am at my best however if I'm focusing on a concrete immediate goal where I can clearly see all the concrete steps, not necessarily right at the start, some of these will be appearing and getting fleshed out more as I move forward with the goal. No I can't call myself a very good long term thinker, though I do very much like to have a direction, a bigger picture of where I am going but that's kind of vague unless I force myself to spend time thinking about it but as I said I'm not doing that sort of meditating often enough.

What if you're EIE lol. Or SLE stuck in superid for some reason, not that I know how that'd make sense.

I do strive for tangible things, namely money at the moment. But its like, long term tangible things, and everything up until that point isn't really even considered, just understood. I have to get across an obstacle course, my parietal lobe takes over and my body traverses the obstacles. The end point is in mind, the eyes look at the obstacle temporarily, but when there is an empty field without obstacles, my eye is set on the end goal of running across the field, whereas with this guy he seems to be thinking about ensuring every footstep lands properly, and if I'm not doing the same thing that means I'm not doing anything at all.

Perhaps Se dominance makes me take the details for granted, whereas an ENFJ would get caught up and lost in the short term obstacles as they pertain to the big picture?
    Lol parietal lobe, lol I like that sort of stuff myself. I do relate to what you described here now, I relate much more to *this* than the meditating whatever you talked about in the first post.

The part about taking details for granted, I dunno, I don't like to get lost in details too much, just whenever I need them. I have a more broad focus by default, like, taking in everything at once. This applies to stuff around me, when I need to think something through that's different. I'm not sure how to explain this well though.

Well if that is what an LIE IS then call me an LIE. But I thought LIE's were clumsy and forgetful of details. I remember everything and I'm a born ninja hence my current ISTP descriptor MASTER OF TOOLS (i'm also taking actual ninjutsu classes, hay!)

Whatever personality has the highest kinesthetic prowess, that's what I am. end of story.

I like the idea that i am the smartest estp on earth. Why not. all the other estbitches here are pussy shits with their fingers up their noses.
    Naw you aren't the smartest ESTp on earth. You're the pussy shit :p

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    You are ENTP. Problem solved.
    Praytell why?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Eh...He seems too tunnel vision-y with his convictions to be a myers-Briggs Ne-Dom..it's almost as if he has a blindspot in regards to naturally perceiving alternatives. Don't mean it as an insult...

His ideas are also epiphanic in nature, as opposed to coming from a grounded framework of possibilities and alternatives.
    I see him the same way. Yeah. No way this guy is Ne in any system. I'm the same way too so I understand what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Never heard that. I know that they don't have the patience for details if they don't see the long-term benefit.
    Heh that's a bit like the opposite of me, I assume LIE first sees that there'll be a long term result and everything else comes after that. Me, I first see something in front of me, so it's more a detail oriented view. I do relate to the impatience, from a slightly different angle; I'm impatient to get quick results but if I'm somehow shown that I need to expect it long term instead then I will find the needed patience. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    You have 7 in your enneatype!

It's Ego - Planning!
    I have a strong 7 too and I still don't relate to the first post as it's put.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Praytell why?!
    I cannot afford the time for such trivialities. You would need to be an employ of my tutelage.