Thread: YES

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I support it for a different reason--namely, that the function definitions in Socionics are different than in MBTI. Think about slapping MBTI's functions in an image editor and mashing the contrast button. Bam; there's your Socionics function set.
    See, but Ne still wants to completely compare and contrast where the *exact* difference is and how *exactly* they are related, how that impacts peoples perceptions etc etc etc. I'm sort of waiting for socionics to really take off - and a critical mass of hopefully knowledgable socioinics enthusiasts - so I can do the fieldwork that goes with this new system *salivates*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

brainheart

I dismissed socionics because everything I read was garbage, but then I read this and it is very right on for me: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EII

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I dismissed socionics because everything I read was garbage, but then I read this and it is very right on for me: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EII
    wah, a conflictor there!!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So. A room full of my potential duals.

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    See, but Ne still wants to completely compare and contrast where the *exact* difference is and how *exactly* they are related, how that impacts peoples perceptions etc etc etc. I'm sort of waiting for socionics to really take off - and a critical mass of hopefully knowledgable socioinics enthusiasts - so I can do the fieldwork that goes with this new system *salivates*
    Honestly it really does get extremely messy when you try to compare MBTI and JCF with socionics. The most important thing to remember is that it is all based on Freudian observation; watching a person and then concluding all sorts of things. This creates a situation where what are considered introverted functions in JCF, don’t exist in socionics. There is no Pi and Ji only J and P because it’s all based on external third person observation.

So while the extroverts tend to crossover with a degree of ease, the same cannot be said of introverts. Case in point Ni Doms in MBTI are driven controlled individuals who know how to get ahead; in socionics they are disorganised and completely removed from reality and very prone to becoming inert. On top of that the functions all look completely different, and each comes with a new set of biases and then that of MBTI.

For instance Ni is not held in even remotely the same reverence as it is in JCF, and is much reduced in function. While Si barely resembles it’s MBTI counterpart at all, the past is now the purview of Ni; it’s associated with body awareness, fine motor control, and aesthetics (feminine); so by extension any artistic expression that requires finesse falls under it wings, the further one is away from it, the less ability and clumsier you are.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

garbage

Yo, I just moved a bunch of Socionics-related threads to this subforum to jumpstart it.

Time to punch every grandma and headbutt every mailbox

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    You might wanna try this too. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=EII_subtypes
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    MBTI - How you function
    Socionics - Interpersonal relations/How you appear
    Socionics is how you think, your cognitive patterns.

Socioncis is a combination of Jung's functions and Antoni Kepinski theory on information metabolism. This later part about "information metabolism" is very important and is what distinguishes Socionics from MBTI (see the intro here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics).

MBTI seems more trait based, Socionics - more cognitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I find it somewhat strange how people with seemingly dissonant cognitive styles like Morrissey, Andrei Tarkovsky, Russell Brand and Badger can all fall under the same type (ENFj) based on a few surface quirks. Then you have the INFps, which includes everyone from Ingmar Bergman, Justin Timberlake, Fiona Apple, to Tupac. I don't know...I'm still trying wrap my head around this system.
    If you consider that people who think similarly (who are of the same type) may have different occupations, different sets of talents and skills, and different life paths and opportunities opened to them, in addition to being different subtypes, having different enneagram types and stackings, and so on, then it's not that surprising to have all this diversity within the same type.

I think many of those who begin to study socionics think of socionics type as a kind of social role that the person has to fulfill but socionics type doesn't show in this way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Socionics is how you think, your cognitive patterns.

Socioncis is a combination of Jung's functions and Antoni Kepinski theory on information metabolism. This later part about "information metabolism" is very important and is what distinguishes Socionics from MBTI (see the intro here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics).

MBTI seems more trait based, Socionics - more cognitive.

If you consider that people who think similarly (who are of the same type) may have different occupations, different sets of talents and skills, and different life paths and opportunities opened to them, in addition to being different subtypes, having different enneagram types and stackings, and so on, then it's not that surprising to have all this diversity within the same type.

I think many of those who begin to study socionics think of socionics type as a kind of social role that the person has to fulfill but socionics type doesn't show in this way.
    I would go so far as to say that while MBTI is composed of very trait based dichotomies that poorly gel with a very cognitive set of functions, Socionics manages to successfully show how our cognitive attitudes translate into day to day behaviour.

It's interesting that each IM elements each stand for a kind of information, a kind of ability and a kind of philosophy.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    I would go so far as to say that while MBTI is composed of very trait based dichotomies that poorly gel with a very cognitive set of functions, Socionics manages to successfully show how our cognitive attitudes translate into day to day behaviour.
    How is it successful? By what standards?

Clearly Socionics translates functions into very different behaviours than Jung did. Who was "more" right?