• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Video Questionnaire - Find out your Socionics Type

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, like some others here, I am not comfortable doing a video. I can post a photo if you like.
Sorry this is so long...I've been trying to pinpoint my socionics type for awhile though, so I wanted to give an accurate picture.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, there are 8 IM elements because...

1. We either perceive information or evaluate information.
2. We perceive either concrete information or abstract information.
3. We evaluate information either sentimentally or logically.
4. We take either a focused or broad scope when perceiving and evaluating.

This leads to a 2x2x2 effect which leads to 8.

Yes but instead of a base of 2, why not 3 or 4 or... It's arbitrary just like enneagram which is based on 3x3 triads.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: I might as well try the questionnaire then; unfortunately I currently don’t have a webcam on me, so a written response it is.

How did you get into typology? What interested you about psychology?

I have a horrible memory, but I believe that I first found it back when I was in high school; I believe I was on some sort of googling rampage, and found a MBTI website. I found the entire premise fascinating and started to dig into it deeper. As for psychology, what interests me is the fact it can genuinely help people, and in learning how others work, it in turn propels self-growth. Consider if you saw someone hobbling down the street with a broken leg would your first reaction not be to help? Yet so many people on a psychological level are barely functioning, and society’s reaction is not always one of compassion. For example mothers with post natal depression are “bad mothers,” guys with any sort mental health issue are told to suck it up and be a man. So by extension what we are really saying is mental health is not equable to physical health; which is much like putting up a roof on only one side of a house.

What do you do for a living? What do you do for a college degree? Do you like your job? Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why? What are you like when doing your job? Are you much different at home?

I, well I suppose the best way to put it is I am currently mentally falling apart, an existential crisis of sorts. So currently labour jobs at the moment. I have studied a variety of industrial engineering degrees (uncompleted) and have had jobs in that field, not my cup of tea at all. As for what I want to do well that fact of the matter is that it took me awhile to realise that I was in fact falling apart, I’m very self-aware like that. So the current plan is to clear my head and find something I enjoy that has good job prospects now and in the future. I am extremely focused surprisingly when I am working, there is a task that needs to be completed and I do it as quickly and as well as I can. I am definitely different at home I spend a lot of time thinking/procrastinating, and a lot less time doing.

What aspects of your life are you especially good with? What do you feel that you are especially bad at? What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?

Honestly I am not the best person to ask I tend to be critical of myself so I probably don’t have an accurate picture of such things. I am pretty bad at life in general, but specifically I have a horrible memory I often lose things. I tend to be a slow physical learner; it seems to take a bit of time for it to click into place for me. I don’t really get a lot of criticism thrown at me, well apart from being told to pick a direction and go with, as though it where that simple. As for admiration; I have upon occasion been told I can be quite funny, my writing has drawn praise from friends, teachers, and lecturers that is about all I can think of off the top of my head.

What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.

hmmm what is home supposed to feel like? atmosphere and surroundings……. the thing is I’m not sure I would consider a place home, people maybe, but not a place there just things and stuff. Its inhabitants would be my close friends, the conversations would be as they always are about everything though mainly various theories, and the philosophy would be whatever suited the mood and theme of the event at hand.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's a personal example. I often go online to do something of import like school work and suddenly a link catches my eye. An uncontrollable fascination takes hold of me and I just have to find out what the page the link would take me to says. As a result, I click the link, abandoning my work and might click through a series of other links, each one commanding this similar, uncontrollable fascination. In each case, I see a promise in the link, a promise of shiny, new information to entertain in my head with an assortment of other things. For such promises I carry a voracious appetite that isn't satiated until the need to do work becomes urgent.

I'm very much like this as well. Could this also apply to creative Ne?

No, an LII would be though. If someone is being rough it takes a while for me to notice.

I notice roughness and overly forceful people instantly. I'm usually unsettled by such people, not sure how to respond constructively or calm them down.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, like some others here, I am not comfortable doing a video. I can post a photo if you like.
Sorry this is so long...I've been trying to pinpoint my socionics type for awhile though, so I wanted to give an accurate picture.

Thankyou.

It is quite clear that you require freedom and flexibility in your life, to do what you want when you want. You dislike being confined and prevented from exploring any possibility or alternate reality that pops in your head. This all points to someone with Extroverted Intuition as a leading function.

You have a strong focus on your personal feelings, your moods, sentiments etc. You have an ability to form one-on-one connections with others and understand the personal feelings of others too. This points to Introverted Ethics as a leading function.

As such, we can see that Introverted Ethics is valued over Extroverted Ethics... you don't like projecting emotion that does not match your mood. You will often not do things for the sake of group happiness unless you personally feel like it. This can give the feeling of aloofness which quickly melts once you actually feel positive.

You dislike environments of conflict and your mood depends on your aesthetic surroundings, with an appreciation of luxury. This corresponds to someone who values Introverted Sensation, easily as a suggestive function while rejecting Extroverted Sensation.

This weaker Extroverted Sensation also shows in a lack of discipline that you seem to have. You want a life of luxury but don't want the challenge of having to work to get it.

Your poor time managements seems to arise from being so caught up in different possibilities that you sometimes haven't checked your watch or worked out how long your activities are taking. This could be Ignoring Ni, along with a weak Te that causes you to act impractically about checking the time.

Overall, I'd say that IEE is a pretty good fit. Here are some profiles:

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEE-ENFp/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/324-ENFp-The-Advisor-profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/54-Huxley-Female-Portrait-ENFp-by-Beskova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very much like this as well. Could this also apply to creative Ne?

Yes, although Ti often stops the person from going too far astray and neglecting their responsibilities.

I notice roughness and overly forceful people instantly. I'm usually unsettled by such people, not sure how to respond constructively or calm them down.

Well that's Se-vulnerability. An LII can sometimes think people are being aggressive even when they're not.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION]

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0HHHrKotX2L

My guess is SLI. You talk a lot about the aesthetic, wanting to enjoy the moment and catch it on camera. This points at least to a highly valued Si.

You're not organised though. While this does not rule out SLI it does make me wonder about how you would use Te. You could be SEI but you didn't seem to have much emotionality, just this very laid-back, almost sleepy demeanour in your voice.

I don't think I have enough information. The sound recording was also rather hard to hear.

This laid-back approach to the task could also point to SLI or SEI.

G

garbage

[MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION], could you explain the difference in what you see between [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]'s and my behavior/thoughts? I'd like to get a scope of this whole "Si" business and how it 'serves' a Je function (Te or Fe).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION], could you explain the difference in what you see between [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]'s and my behavior/thoughts? I'd like to get a scope of this whole "Si" business and how it 'serves' a Je function (Te or Fe).
Yeah I'd be interested to hear this too. The core (typological) differences I notice between us, I'd attribute to Enneagram (you are the 3-est 3 to ever 3, and I'm only sort of 3), and MBTI Ni vs. Ne. No idea re: Socionics.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you think I'm an extrovert? :shock:

The mental attitude is not a bad fit, but it doesn't fit my demeanor or personality. I don't like socializing and am not a "people person". I spend more time thinking and daydreaming than anything. I'm not very productive. I imagine that ENFps have more energy & more clear interest in people. My people skills are with intimates only, as it's one of my biggest problems in life to establish connections with people I don't know yet. I'm very, very NOT charming & very awkward socially. My other interest in people is more on a conceptual level; I do volunteer work out of principle, but I don't care for a lot of interaction with people. People I know in person who have any concept of what introversion & extroversion are see me as a poster child for introversion....

Why not EII?

The bolded are actually weaknesses I have, not strengths, but the rest is okay....
Strengths: Communicative and emotional. Know how to approach any person in case of need. Naturally charming and good at diplomacy. Will compliment others, strive to do nice things for others. Discerning in the talents and abilities of others, perceptive of their implicit motives as well as character flaws. Drawn to an extraordinary people. Interested in everything unusual and mysterious. Once invested in any idea will enthusiastically advertise it and become its active supporter. Impressionable and responsive, sympathetic towards people and will try to give them advice in difficult situations. Needs constant influx of new experiences. Resistant towards stress. In extreme conditions becomes mobilized and gives a volitional rebuff. In case of failure, he feels deeply upset but soon recovers. Enjoys aesthetically pleasing things, strives to dress creatively.

The bolded are strengths I have, not weaknesses....

Problem areas: Due to his desire to maintain positive relations with many people, he can overload himself with useless contacts. - I have no desire to maintain relations with many people. I'm pretty solitary & fall out of contact easily with people. It's a complaint I hear from the few friends I do have.

Too trusting by nature and can say too much in conversation. - A little true... I've heard more from others I am too guarded & private, but I can sometimes appear to be very open on some things, mainly because I don't like BSing.

Becomes quickly disappointed in his initial positive sympathies. May become too detached and exalted, too dependent on his moods. Does not like strict rules, especially those that limit his independence. Does not respect formal hierarchy and servility. Not accepting of conventions and prejudices.
He is moderately disorganized and impractical, may not finish work by the assigned deadlines.
- I do fine with deadlines. I actually NEED them to get started, but they have to be REAL, with real consequences.

Tends to get distracted by minor things. Sometimes lacks in patience and thoroughness and does not always finish his tasks and chores. Dislikes rude, people, but himself can also be quick-tempered, unrestrained, and sometimes even aggressive.

This is really, really not me, and it's one thing that annoys me about ENFps:
He needs to have many varied social contacts and friends beyond the confines of his family and home. He usually doesn't devote too much attention to mistakes of the past but says and does whatever is convenient at present situation.

At work & home, I am considered moody & temperamental...my expression of emotion is not usually in my favor & I usually try and remain withdrawn. So I wouldn't say this applies either:
Emotions of this type of person are perceived as ingenuous and unobtrusive. This evokes a positive emotional response in others and leads to the solution of many of his problems.

I could probably go on, but I think that illustrates the problem I have with relating to this type.

Thankyou.

It is quite clear that you require freedom and flexibility in your life, to do what you want when you want. You dislike being confined and prevented from exploring any possibility or alternate reality that pops in your head. This all points to someone with Extroverted Intuition as a leading function.

You have a strong focus on your personal feelings, your moods, sentiments etc. You have an ability to form one-on-one connections with others and understand the personal feelings of others too. This points to Introverted Ethics as a leading function.

As such, we can see that Introverted Ethics is valued over Extroverted Ethics... you don't like projecting emotion that does not match your mood. You will often not do things for the sake of group happiness unless you personally feel like it. This can give the feeling of aloofness which quickly melts once you actually feel positive.

You dislike environments of conflict and your mood depends on your aesthetic surroundings, with an appreciation of luxury. This corresponds to someone who values Introverted Sensation, easily as a suggestive function while rejecting Extroverted Sensation.

This weaker Extroverted Sensation also shows in a lack of discipline that you seem to have. You want a life of luxury but don't want the challenge of having to work to get it.

Your poor time managements seems to arise from being so caught up in different possibilities that you sometimes haven't checked your watch or worked out how long your activities are taking. This could be Ignoring Ni, along with a weak Te that causes you to act impractically about checking the time.

Overall, I'd say that IEE is a pretty good fit. Here are some profiles:

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEE-ENFp/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/324-ENFp-The-Advisor-profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/54-Huxley-Female-Portrait-ENFp-by-Beskova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes but instead of a base of 2, why not 3 or 4 or... It's arbitrary just like enneagram which is based on 3x3 triads.

A base of 2 is rarely arbitrary because it tends to appeal to some sort of self evident true/false dichotomy. In this case, it is grounded in the law of psychological asymmetry i.e. that the presence of one requires the absence in its opposite.

What can a base of 3 appeal to? True, False and Maybe?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: I might as well try the questionnaire then; unfortunately I currently don’t have a webcam on me, so a written response it is.

I have a horrible memory, but I believe that I first found it back when I was in high school; I believe I was on some sort of googling rampage, and found a MBTI website. I found the entire premise fascinating and started to dig into it deeper. As for psychology, what interests me is the fact it can genuinely help people, and in learning how others work, it in turn propels self-growth. Consider if you saw someone hobbling down the street with a broken leg would your first reaction not be to help? Yet so many people on a psychological level are barely functioning, and society’s reaction is not always one of compassion. For example mothers with post natal depression are “bad mothers,” guys with any sort mental health issue are told to suck it up and be a man. So by extension what we are really saying is mental health is not equable to physical health; which is much like putting up a roof on only one side of a house.

I, well I suppose the best way to put it is I am currently mentally falling apart, an existential crisis of sorts. So currently labour jobs at the moment. I have studied a variety of industrial engineering degrees (uncompleted) and have had jobs in that field, not my cup of tea at all. As for what I want to do well that fact of the matter is that it took me awhile to realise that I was in fact falling apart, I’m very self-aware like that. So the current plan is to clear my head and find something I enjoy that has good job prospects now and in the future. I am extremely focused surprisingly when I am working, there is a task that needs to be completed and I do it as quickly and as well as I can. I am definitely different at home I spend a lot of time thinking/procrastinating, and a lot less time doing.

Honestly I am not the best person to ask I tend to be critical of myself so I probably don’t have an accurate picture of such things. I am pretty bad at life in general, but specifically I have a horrible memory I often lose things. I tend to be a slow physical learner; it seems to take a bit of time for it to click into place for me. I don’t really get a lot of criticism thrown at me, well apart from being told to pick a direction and go with, as though it where that simple. As for admiration; I have upon occasion been told I can be quite funny, my writing has drawn praise from friends, teachers, and lecturers that is about all I can think of off the top of my head.

hmmm what is home supposed to feel like? atmosphere and surroundings……. the thing is I’m not sure I would consider a place home, people maybe, but not a place there just things and stuff. Its inhabitants would be my close friends, the conversations would be as they always are about everything though mainly various theories, and the philosophy would be whatever suited the mood and theme of the event at hand.

Probably Ne-leading. I'd rather wait until you get a webcam though. I'm looking forward to your video.

I made one too. I'm going to post it in the video thread though. Could you please take a look at it? Thanks!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] seems far more clued in to day to day practicality... her manner is more "Right, *rolls up sleeves* what productive thing is there to do today? Ah there's this and this and this and that. Then I need to do this and this. Finally, when I've done that I can declare myself exhausted, cook a healthy dinner and watch my favourite sitcom before going to bed."

Yours is more long term... it's more "Oh, there's toothpaste on my T-shirt. Ah well, the projects I'm running at the moment will make me so rich I won't need to brush my own teeth."

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you think I'm an extrovert? :shock:

The mental attitude is not a bad fit, but it doesn't fit my demeanor or personality. I don't like socializing and am not a "people person". I spend more time thinking and daydreaming than anything. I'm not very productive. I imagine that ENFps have more energy & more clear interest in people. My people skills are with intimates only, as it's one of my biggest problems in life to establish connections with people I don't know yet. I'm very, very NOT charming & very awkward socially. My other interest in people is more on a conceptual level; I do volunteer work out of principle, but I don't care for a lot of interaction with people. People I know in person who have any concept of what introversion & extroversion are see me as a poster child for introversion....

Why not EII?

The bolded are actually weaknesses I have, not strengths, but the rest is okay....
Strengths: Communicative and emotional. Know how to approach any person in case of need. Naturally charming and good at diplomacy. Will compliment others, strive to do nice things for others. Discerning in the talents and abilities of others, perceptive of their implicit motives as well as character flaws. Drawn to an extraordinary people. Interested in everything unusual and mysterious. Once invested in any idea will enthusiastically advertise it and become its active supporter. Impressionable and responsive, sympathetic towards people and will try to give them advice in difficult situations. Needs constant influx of new experiences. Resistant towards stress. In extreme conditions becomes mobilized and gives a volitional rebuff. In case of failure, he feels deeply upset but soon recovers. Enjoys aesthetically pleasing things, strives to dress creatively.

The bolded are strengths I have, not weaknesses....

Problem areas: Due to his desire to maintain positive relations with many people, he can overload himself with useless contacts. - I have no desire to maintain relations with many people. I'm pretty solitary & fall out of contact easily with people. It's a complaint I hear from the few friends I do have.

Too trusting by nature and can say too much in conversation. - A little true... I've heard more from others I am too guarded & private, but I can sometimes appear to be very open on some things, mainly because I don't like BSing.

Becomes quickly disappointed in his initial positive sympathies. May become too detached and exalted, too dependent on his moods. Does not like strict rules, especially those that limit his independence. Does not respect formal hierarchy and servility. Not accepting of conventions and prejudices.
He is moderately disorganized and impractical, may not finish work by the assigned deadlines.
- I do fine with deadlines. I actually NEED them to get started, but they have to be REAL, with real consequences.

Tends to get distracted by minor things. Sometimes lacks in patience and thoroughness and does not always finish his tasks and chores. Dislikes rude, people, but himself can also be quick-tempered, unrestrained, and sometimes even aggressive.

This is really, really not me, and it's one thing that annoys me about ENFps:
He needs to have many varied social contacts and friends beyond the confines of his family and home. He usually doesn't devote too much attention to mistakes of the past but says and does whatever is convenient at present situation.

At work & home, I am considered moody & temperamental...my expression of emotion is not usually in my favor & I usually try and remain withdrawn. So I wouldn't say this applies either:
Emotions of this type of person are perceived as ingenuous and unobtrusive. This evokes a positive emotional response in others and leads to the solution of many of his problems.

I could probably go on, but I think that illustrates the problem I have with relating to this type.

Well, if you put it that way, I probably misinterpreted.

I originally saw you as some kind of misanthropic, IEE. Very much absorbed in what they wanted and not caring too much about others except for inconsistent feelings of empathy. A bit like my sister actually.

But from the way you describe yourself now, I'm inclined to look at things from another perspective...

You say you spend a lot of time thinking and daydreaming, being disinterested in your dealings with people.

This suggests a focus on Ni and a rejection of Fe.

From what you have described here, I would not say EII though. They tend to be good at one-on-one conversations with people, being good at saying the right thing at the right time and fostering good relationships with others. They would rarely be cold towards a person unless they thought they were speaking to a bad person who deserved the cold shoulder.

You seem to be someone who does have a fixation on Fi as maybe a Mobilising function i.e. trying to do what they feel is right and staying true to their feelings but having such weak Fe that they just come across as cold to others.

You might have weak Se too, being unable to just go out and do things but being stuck in your head all the time, needing a volitional push from others.

This would all point to ILI...

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILI-INTp/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/286-INTp-The-Critic-Profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/83-Balzac-Female-portrait-INTp-by-Beskova

I'm sorry for getting you wrong. It's easier when I can actually see the person's demeanour in a video.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] seems far more clued in to day to day practicality... her manner is more "Right, *rolls up sleeves* what productive thing is there to do today? Ah there's this and this and this and that. Then I need to do this and this. Finally, when I've done that I can declare myself exhausted, cook a healthy dinner and watch my favourite sitcom before going to bed."

Yours is more long term... it's more "Oh, there's toothpaste on my T-shirt. Ah well, the projects I'm running at the moment will make me so rich I won't need to brush my own teeth."
:laugh: Love this. Seems apt to me.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I made one too. I'm going to post it in the video thread though. Could you please take a look at it? Thanks!

Hey [MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION]

I can see a typical Receptive-Adaptive temperament from how you sit. You seem relaxed, comfortable just sitting there.
You are also understated in physical movement which would point to Controlled movement and your manner of communication lacks in emotional variation, being quite monotone, indicating Sober communication.

This suggests an IP type with high Si and Ti.

You gave a long answer to your ideal space and spoke with conviction on what makes the physical surroundings feel right to you, indicating someone who has strong, valued Si.

You seem to have Fe as a vulnerable function, really hating your college induction sensation. Such an environment is all about displaying hype and excitement in a way that seems undeserved to an Fe-vulnerable and an unproductive waste of time to someone who values Te. Indeed, you have been called a killjoy by your friends, not being enthusiastic just because the group are and instead assessing things by whether they seem useful or 'dumb'. You also say you are weak at public speaking, disliking having to present yourself to others in a certain way and affect how they feel.

Despite this, you are book smart. You seem to be a hard worker and good with being well-informed on topics, dealing with factual information successfully. This seems to ring true to someone with Te in the Ego block.

You do refer to the importance of your feelings from time to time, also indicating a valuing of Fi, probably as a Mobilising function.

Overall, I'd say this makes you an SLI. I think this is the most likely type for you although it is possible that you are another Delta Introvert, maybe EII.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...STp-by-Beskova

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A base of 2 is rarely arbitrary because it tends to appeal to some sort of self evident true/false dichotomy. In this case, it is grounded in the law of psychological asymmetry i.e. that the presence of one requires the absence in its opposite.

What can a base of 3 appeal to? True, False and Maybe?

Well, see enneagram for that.

Also, it's not really just a matter of using a base of 2, because why stop at 16 types, why not 32?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, see enneagram for that.

Also, it's not really just a matter of using a base of 2, because why stop at 16 types, why not 32?

Good question. That was just as far as the basic dichotomies went. There's no strong reason why there couldn't be more. People are trying to formulate subtype theories though.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good question. That was just as far as the basic dichotomies went. There's no strong reason why there couldn't be more. People are trying to formulate subtype theories though.

uhm yeah I know about DCNH but that just doesn't make a lot of sense :p