• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Video Questionnaire - Find out your Socionics Type

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I made the video as well...i think I should say I am not english native speaker and I am not used to speak in english.

Thankyou for making the video. Unfortunately, it's private so I can't see it.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thankyou for making the video. Unfortunately, it's private so I can't see it.

oh why the hell is it private? :unsure: I made it public now, sorry I didn't expect youtube will make it private.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh why the hell is it private? :unsure: I made it public now, sorry I didn't expect youtube will make it private.

That's fine, I've seen it now. This was a good video, thankyou for that!

You're a bit of a Clumsy mover. You have lots of big, jerky, windmill movements with your hands and you in an awkward way, lacking physical control of your body in the space you occupy (weak Sensation). At the same time, you talk a lot about the interesting opportunities for creativity and self expression, the discussion of multiple perspectives in philosophy. Your communication is Passionate, the emotions are very clear on your face. Together this suggests someone who is Extroverted, Intuitive and Ethical.

Your friends describe you as coming across as more confident than you are, this is probably because of Role Se which ILEs and IEEs can put on when interacting with others, allowing them to be assertive when necessary.

You make a point about focusing on your own sentiments rather than group moods. You keep a distinction between people you like and don't like, sticking with your friends and avoiding those whom you distrust. This suggests Fi valuing over Fe.

Strong Ne and weak Ti and Si come across in how you dislike day to day administration, being heavily drained by day to day tasks. At the same time, your ideal environment is a small, relaxing cafeteria beautiful paintings, pointing to valued Si albeit weak, showing Delta Values over Beta Values.

Overall, this points to IEE-ENFp.

Here are some profiles:
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEE-ENFp/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/324-ENFp-The-Advisor-profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/54-Huxley-Female-Portrait-ENFp-by-Beskova

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's fine, I've seen it now. This was a good video, thankyou for that!

You're a bit of a Clumsy mover. You have lots of big, jerky, windmill movements with your hands and you in an awkward way, lacking physical control of your body in the space you occupy (weak Sensation). At the same time, you talk a lot about the interesting opportunities for creativity and self expression, the discussion of multiple perspectives in philosophy. Your communication is Passionate, the emotions are very clear on your face. Together this suggests someone who is Extroverted, Intuitive and Ethical.

Your friends describe you as coming across as more confident than you are, this is probably because of Role Se which ILEs and IEEs can put on when interacting with others, allowing them to be assertive when necessary.

You make a point about focusing on your own sentiments rather than group moods. You keep a distinction between people you like and don't like, sticking with your friends and avoiding those whom you distrust. This suggests Fi valuing over Fe.

Strong Ne and weak Ti and Si come across in how you dislike day to day administration, being heavily drained by day to day tasks. At the same time, your ideal environment is a small, relaxing cafeteria beautiful paintings, pointing to valued Si albeit weak, showing Delta Values over Beta Values.

Overall, this points to IEE-ENFp.

Here are some profiles:
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/324-ENFp-The-Advisor-profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/54-Huxley-Female-Portrait-ENFp-by-Beskova

Thank you for that! I am very clumsy person indeed, I always drop things out of my hands, or break something because of my clumsiness, but I hoped it's not so clearly visible :D .
I relate to ENFp description very well, I mostly like the the female portrait of an ENFp it's almost exactly me! This is much better fit than what I can read in MBTI about ENFPs.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for that! I am very clumsy person indeed, I always drop things out of my hands, or break something because of my clumsiness, but I hoped it's not so clearly visible :D .
I relate to ENFp description very well, I mostly like the the female portrait of an ENFp it's almost exactly me! This is much better fit than what I can read in MBTI about ENFPs.

Well, that's because there's a reason for Socionics being more complicated than MBTI. One makes a hit and miss generalisation, the other actually demonstrates why ENFp acts the way it does. :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you must do it in writing then you may.

OK thanks ;)

How did you get into typology?

I was following someone's blog and she linked to a MBTI site and I went and liked it. I also liked the idea of talking to people of similar type as mine or just talking with types that seem interesting in general. All in all, I was most interested in talking to N types. This doesn't seem as simple as I initially thought because clearly a person is more complex than just their type, still I find it interesting.

What interested you about psychology?

Psychology in general? Good question, when I was 18, I suddenly found that I was interested in reading books relating to the brain. (It was sudden, I did not care before about the brain specifically but I did like biology and chemistry.) Anything biology or psychology as long as it wasn't some psychoanalyst approach. That I just couldn't deal with, didn't make sense to me. Cognitive psychology makes a lot of sense however. It greatly shaped my worldview and my way of interpreting certain things, including philosophy questions. It feels like a powerful tool, it just so completely makes sense to me. I don't mean a practical tool however, I hardly need to use any of this for practical problem solving except if it's directly related to cognitive psychology. E.g. how it's best to learn something but that's just one example really.

I said above that I'm distinctly *not* interested in psychoanalysis. That's less black and white lately, I'm finding some of the concepts can make sense, placed in a different framework however. Not the original psychoanalysis BS :p (I'm not trying to offend psychoanalysis fans here.) It's just some really freaking weird stuff :p

What do you do for a living? What do you do for a college degree? Do you like your job? Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why? What are you like when doing your job? Are you much different at home?

I've done different kinds of jobs: translation work, business in phones, some programming work. Majored in cognitive psychology. I would like to do something related to do that and also something to do with sports training. The former because I like the topic, the latter because I like doing sports and like helping people. I wouldn't mind at all if these involved some programming as well.

When I had the choice with computer related work, I gravitated towards tasks that required working with numbers, analysing, in programming I liked translation between different languages, low level languages, debugging, reverse engineering, hacking what I was not supposed to hack. :D I also enjoyed dealing with cool smartphones and similar devices (playing with them, selling them). I didn't like translation work as much, I mean I can do it, it's great for money, it's just not my dream job. I would have to be a more verbal person to truly enjoy it, I think.

Doing job: focused, can work for a long time, I'm precise to an extent but I'm not anal about everything. I am also fast if possible, focused on seeing progress toward end goal, that ties into taking it as a challenge to make it fun enough. Unfortunately I also tend to procrastinate so deadlines are really useful because I will definitely get things done then. I do have and enjoy self-discipline to accomplish something if I'm motivated to go and do the thing NOW.

At home, the only difference is that I obviously have time to indulge recklessly in whatever I like. So that's the other side of the coin, no self-discipline with that and it's still just as enjoyable. :p The exception is with my non-work related goals, such as getting better in sport so I'm disciplined there and that's part of what I enjoy about it: getting the workout done, meeting specific goal with workout, as a result getting fitter stronger etc.

What aspects of your life are you especially good with? What do you feel that you are especially bad at? What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?

Esp good: If comparing myself to others, mathematics, certain sports. :p I'm also good at getting what I want. Good at competing with and combating others. I think I'm also good at examining my own mind (yeah cognitive stuff, but I sometimes hit upon things to "control" my mind, this is some instinct I always had). Good at navigating. Acquiring skills. Also great at procrastination. :D :( (joke, this should belong to "especially bad")

Esp bad: no control over emotional expression yes think bad temper :p. Not feeling close to people (what's that even). In some situations, getting stuck in a way of thinking and not thinking of variables to solve the situation more easily ("outside the box" thinking, but sometimes it's trivial things I don't think of!). Lack of tact (though if I want to get something, I can temporarily be pretty diplomatic). Not finding the words quickly to reply when I'm surprised by someone (I'm not such a verbal person really). Procrastination as I said above. Hmm I also really suck when I start acquiring a new skill, physical or mental, doesn't matter, I feel like I'm starting below zero but this doesn't really matter because it's only temporary clumsiness if a physical task or temporary lack of understanding if a mental task. Hm, also really bad at housekeeping because I can't be bothered enough, though if I start doing it, I get a lot done in one go.

Admiration: my successes, confidence (says my brother, etc), I'm fast and can find my way around everything (says my mother), I'm smart (says just about everyone).

Criticism is about not listening to others, blunt style, not being social "enough" (including social rules) and not being considerate. I also got criticism from some people that I seem weird trying to analyse stuff so deep. :/

What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.

What a difficult question. Interesting but hard to imagine the ideal.

For physical environment, I like big cities and hills and the beach :). I have some favourite cities too. Or a labyrinth that's hard to navigate your way out of :D. Or just a lot of wandering/traveling (alone or if with someone, they should follow me). I like traveling with the feeling I could end up anywhere. So these places are usually complex environments, needing some navigation and/or alive with lots of things/people, chance for competition too.

Conversations: either no real conversation (a few words here and there is good to have but no more please - I of course mean this IRL, not online) or a deep discussion about the mind or some such thing.

I'll skip the rest, I don't know the answers and I'm not even sure what you meant by philosophy of environment.

Also... no video but I can tell you I like making fast movements and precise movements as well, I am not graceful however as I put too much power into movements, I got comments on that before but I guess I like doing stuff this way :p. I have good control over movement by default but if some task is new to me, I can be clumsy, sometimes really slow initially with learning, hate that phase. :( After practice I'm fine though. I guess some of this doesn't fit so well into your categories or does it? I'm curious, thanks ;)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK thanks ;)

I was following someone's blog and she linked to a MBTI site and I went and liked it. I also liked the idea of talking to people of similar type as mine or just talking with types that seem interesting in general. All in all, I was most interested in talking to N types. This doesn't seem as simple as I initially thought because clearly a person is more complex than just their type, still I find it interesting.

Psychology in general? Good question, when I was 18, I suddenly found that I was interested in reading books relating to the brain. (It was sudden, I did not care before about the brain specifically but I did like biology and chemistry.) Anything biology or psychology as long as it wasn't some psychoanalyst approach. That I just couldn't deal with, didn't make sense to me. Cognitive psychology makes a lot of sense however. It greatly shaped my worldview and my way of interpreting certain things, including philosophy questions. It feels like a powerful tool, it just so completely makes sense to me. I don't mean a practical tool however, I hardly need to use any of this for practical problem solving except if it's directly related to cognitive psychology. E.g. how it's best to learn something but that's just one example really.

I said above that I'm distinctly *not* interested in psychoanalysis. That's less black and white lately, I'm finding some of the concepts can make sense, placed in a different framework however. Not the original psychoanalysis BS :p (I'm not trying to offend psychoanalysis fans here.) It's just some really freaking weird stuff :p

What do you do for a living? What do you do for a college degree? Do you like your job? Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why? What are you like when doing your job? Are you much different at home?

I've done different kinds of jobs: translation work, business in phones, some programming work. Majored in cognitive psychology. I would like to do something related to do that and also something to do with sports training. The former because I like the topic, the latter because I like doing sports and like helping people. I wouldn't mind at all if these involved some programming as well.

When I had the choice with computer related work, I gravitated towards tasks that required working with numbers, analysing, in programming I liked translation between different languages, low level languages, debugging, reverse engineering, hacking what I was not supposed to hack. :D I also enjoyed dealing with cool smartphones and similar devices (playing with them, selling them). I didn't like translation work as much, I mean I can do it, it's great for money, it's just not my dream job. I would have to be a more verbal person to truly enjoy it, I think.

Doing job: focused, can work for a long time, I'm precise to an extent but I'm not anal about everything. I am also fast if possible, focused on seeing progress toward end goal, that ties into taking it as a challenge to make it fun enough. Unfortunately I also tend to procrastinate so deadlines are really useful because I will definitely get things done then. I do have and enjoy self-discipline to accomplish something if I'm motivated to go and do the thing NOW.

At home, the only difference is that I obviously have time to indulge recklessly in whatever I like. So that's the other side of the coin, no self-discipline with that and it's still just as enjoyable. :p The exception is with my non-work related goals, such as getting better in sport so I'm disciplined there and that's part of what I enjoy about it: getting the workout done, meeting specific goal with workout, as a result getting fitter stronger etc.

What aspects of your life are you especially good with? What do you feel that you are especially bad at? What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?

Esp good: If comparing myself to others, mathematics, certain sports. :p I'm also good at getting what I want. Good at competing with and combating others. I think I'm also good at examining my own mind (yeah cognitive stuff, but I sometimes hit upon things to "control" my mind, this is some instinct I always had). Good at navigating. Acquiring skills. Also great at procrastination. :D :( (joke, this should belong to "especially bad")

Esp bad: no control over emotional expression yes think bad temper :p. Not feeling close to people (what's that even). In some situations, getting stuck in a way of thinking and not thinking of variables to solve the situation more easily ("outside the box" thinking, but sometimes it's trivial things I don't think of!). Lack of tact (though if I want to get something, I can temporarily be pretty diplomatic). Not finding the words quickly to reply when I'm surprised by someone (I'm not such a verbal person really). Procrastination as I said above. Hmm I also really suck when I start acquiring a new skill, physical or mental, doesn't matter, I feel like I'm starting below zero but this doesn't really matter because it's only temporary clumsiness if a physical task or temporary lack of understanding if a mental task. Hm, also really bad at housekeeping because I can't be bothered enough, though if I start doing it, I get a lot done in one go.

Admiration: my successes, confidence (says my brother, etc), I'm fast and can find my way around everything (says my mother), I'm smart (says just about everyone).

Criticism is about not listening to others, blunt style, not being social "enough" (including social rules) and not being considerate. I also got criticism from some people that I seem weird trying to analyse stuff so deep. :/

What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.

What a difficult question. Interesting but hard to imagine the ideal.

For physical environment, I like big cities and hills and the beach :). I have some favourite cities too. Or a labyrinth that's hard to navigate your way out of :D. Or just a lot of wandering/traveling (alone or if with someone, they should follow me). I like traveling with the feeling I could end up anywhere. So these places are usually complex environments, needing some navigation and/or alive with lots of things/people, chance for competition too.

Conversations: either no real conversation (a few words here and there is good to have but no more please - I of course mean this IRL, not online) or a deep discussion about the mind or some such thing.

I'll skip the rest, I don't know the answers and I'm not even sure what you meant by philosophy of environment.

Also... no video but I can tell you I like making fast movements and precise movements as well, I am not graceful however as I put too much power into movements, I got comments on that before but I guess I like doing stuff this way :p. I have good control over movement by default but if some task is new to me, I can be clumsy, sometimes really slow initially with learning, hate that phase. :( After practice I'm fine though. I guess some of this doesn't fit so well into your categories or does it? I'm curious, thanks ;)

Thanks [MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION],

Reading this, I noticed a few things...

You like analytical subjects based on structure e.g. the grammar of computer languages, the modules of the brain etc. At the same time, you don't look to put this knowledge to any practical use, telling me you likely value Ti>Te. At the same time you mention that your area of criticism lies in interacting appropriately with others, suggesting weaker Ethics. This tells me that you have Ti in the Ego Block.

You seem to be an Extroverted and Irrational... you often say that despite having a difficulty with certain things, you will alter your levels of effort depending on whether you want the thing or not. A lot of this seems about you going after what you want when you want and at no point do you talk about what should be done. At the same time, you're described as fast, getting your way around things, basically having that extra energy of someone with an expansive mindset.

This takes us to two possibilities: ILE or SLE.

Between the two, I'm not sure. You seem to balance your intellectual life with your physical pretty well. You do sports and you show interest in theoretical subjects. The question is whether you are a person more decided on getting what you want through competition in the physical world i.e. physical experiences, that high-paying job, that shiny car etc. or are you more the person who entertains intellectual wants i.e. that interesting possibility, that new theory, that potentially fascinating idea etc.

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello there,

Here goes! Thanks [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] :) Let me know if you need any more info... I'm a rambler. Also the video and audio is quite out of time in a lot of places, sorry, my computer doesn't like PhotoBooth.

Also if you have any guesses on my MBTI type that would be great :) Thanks for doing this.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks [MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]

Heh actually, I thank you. :D

Reading this, I noticed a few things...

You like analytical subjects based on structure e.g. the grammar of computer languages, the modules of the brain etc. At the same time, you don't look to put this knowledge to any practical use, telling me you likely value Ti>Te. At the same time you mention that your area of criticism lies in interacting appropriately with others, suggesting weaker Ethics. This tells me that you have Ti in the Ego Block..

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Btw you mention grammar, well I like grammar of real languages too :p That's how I learn languages, through compiling and understanding the grammar, I'm afraid there is no other way for me but this way is not only fascinating for me but is very efficient as well. :p

I would correct only one thing here: with the exception of psychology (so far anyway), I do put most of my knowledge to practical use. It's just that I also have this need to delve in and understand but practical use is also important to me. It's often the original motivation that makes me explore an area to analyse. By this I mean, original motivation is that I want to get something done, then if it's a complex enough thing, I will naturally have a need to understand it and while in that process, I usually figure that I'd like to analyse it a bit more too. :) That can prove too much for some people, that's what I got criticism for. I don't sit on my arse all day though analysing in my head, this need does extend past practical need but not that terribly far. Again, with the exception of psychology, though I did want to actually do something with the degree and I'm still interested in that.

As for interacting with others appropriately, it seems to depend very much on mood too. Sometimes I'm feeling all social and people generally do like me initially but then I can flip into the arguing mode about whatever opinion I disagree with - or just simply trying to help someone with some advice etc. Some people don't like that / can't take it. Tbh that sort of arguing about opinions happens more online, for some reason offline I'm not as talkative by default, nowhere near as verbal as to bother that much; though if my talking partner is clearly interested and initiates it, I will be willing to discuss things, argue things etc.
Anyway, as a summary, all that can interfere with my need for socializing in some cases.

Then, there's a few social rules and certain nuances related to people in general, that I just don't pay attention to, no matter the mood. It just slips under my "radar". :/ Sometimes I can make it weakly conscious and then I always feel like that I want to fix this issue but it's not easy to fix these things so whatever, I don't end up very improved in the end. :D It's truly frustrating and easier to just not think of it, not deal with it.

...I'm going to ask you, what IE and function did that weak one sound like? Fe or Fi for IE and what position for it, somewhere in superid, superego, etc? (Regardless of what types you've guessed before... but if all this fits with xLE, great, do please explain though how it fits)

You seem to be an Extroverted and Irrational... you often say that despite having a difficulty with certain things, you will alter your levels of effort depending on whether you want the thing or not. A lot of this seems about you going after what you want when you want and at no point do you talk about what should be done. At the same time, you're described as fast, getting your way around things, basically having that extra energy of someone with an expansive mindset.

This takes us to two possibilities: ILE or SLE.

Ah, I don't know how you deduced the idea about altering levels of effort as a generalization but it's a pretty good observation about me, yes. :) Yes, I don't talk much about what should be done if you mean detailing plans to other people or telling other people what methods to use. Or what did you mean by it?

Energy level varies, tbh, but sure, when I get motivated, it's high energy and I enjoy that. (Alright I know that's the standard definition of EP :/ but really!)

Between the two, I'm not sure. You seem to balance your intellectual life with your physical pretty well. You do sports and you show interest in theoretical subjects. The question is whether you are a person more decided on getting what you want through competition in the physical world i.e. physical experiences, that high-paying job, that shiny car etc. or are you more the person who entertains intellectual wants i.e. that interesting possibility, that new theory, that potentially fascinating idea etc.

Hahaha I'm glad I'm a complex case eh ;)

Anyway, competition can be in any area, honestly, physical or intellectual. By intellectual I mean stuff that involves logic though. Here's this math riddle, solve it, or here's this exam, take it and get a good grade - I use logic to study for it, obviously. I have also entertained the thought of becoming a great researcher, but only truly interested in that if I can be really great at it. I'm not interested in just writing up research papers just to write them up. (Does that sound terrible?) In general, I like reading and discussing certain theories and observations relating to them and that maybe has a competitive aspect too but not always so much. It can be more about getting deep, understand things, get insights, whatnot. It's best if I can discuss with someone else though sometimes I get carried away on my own suddenly having some thought that seems like a good insight. That doesn't happen all the time though. Oh and by "certain theories" I strictly meant scientific stuff and especially the more hard science stuff, really cognitive psychology is as far as I can get with softer science, definitely not softer than that :p.

As for physical competition, yes that too is very characteristic of me, I can be really into it even with some little crap. Shiny things are cool to have yeah, I'm very possessive of them, pretty materialistic yes, and I'm also pretty obsessive about having space to myself (I mean that in the literal sense).

Hm, the high-paying job thing, I know that was just an example but I can't imagine myself as just working for the money itself. Well I can of course work just for money, but that's not ideal. I need to have something more going for it, it should either interest me because I can get something great done or simply because I can be doing something fun enough, be active :) As for getting great things done... well, keep things in perspective here, obviously I haven't done anything truly earth shattering, but I have had some impact on quite some people before, with stuff that I did that virtually no one thought could be done. Btw not done just for show, it has to be useful stuff actually.

Alright that reminds me, a note there, I didn't list creativity as one of my strengths because even though I have done "new" stuff, I always do everything out of IQ, not out of creativity. I'm no good at stuff that's typically called creative, e.g. thinking out of the box, brainstorming crazy impossible ideas. No, just not interested in that and it's annoying as well if I'm supposed to be like that. OK, well, thinking out of the box can sometimes be useful but impossible ideas are never useful, nor interesting. As a joke it's sometimes okay, perhaps. *shrug*

OK that's it for now, let me know what you think... :)

Btw you didn't comment on my movement style as described. How would you categorize it or is it really hard to categorize it? :p

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hope you're ok with an audio recording...:ninja:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ay5bUxG5ju

Thankyou for your video [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION].

You have a very soft, gentle voice and these qualities seem to span into your personality as well.

Repeatedly you say that you need to feel comfortable in an environment free from stress. You also dislike restrictions on allowing people to be themselves. These seem to be Alpha values.

You seem not too bothered about your job, being quite content to work for your boyfriend, this suggests an IP temperament, being happy in a supporting role as long as your core needs are continuously satisfied. This core need appears to be comfort and harmony in your own state of being, which strongly points to Si as a leading role.

Despite this, you are quite critical of yourself. Whether you actually 'suck' or not, this seems like an underestimation that is often seen with people who have weak Ne, not being able to adequately assess the potential of themselves. I do, however think that Ne is valued... you actually call the way you approach the interesting possibilities of typology as 'delicious'. An interesting, quite sensory word :D Therefore, I'd say Ne suggestive, which reinforces my suspicion of an Si lead.

At the same time, you mention one strength, which is your ability to get on with people and make them feel comfortable in an non-judging environment. You prefer communicating on the one-to-one, which would make sense, given Introversion and the preference for focus over expansion. This suggests that despite being Introverted, you are Ethical (Feeling). You mentioning at how you sometimes like to seek attention from time to time, affecting larger numbers of people with some kind of performance strongly points to Fe instead of Fi.

Your biggest weakness seems to be knowing how to do things practically and effectively. This would be vulnerable Te and it seems that this is the reason for you turning into a 'stress-ball' at work.

Overall, I have a good feeling that you are an SEI in Socionics. Quite a different type to the ENFP you claimed to be in MBTI.

Here are some profiles:

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SEI-ISFp/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/282-ISFp-The-Mediator-profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/53-Dumas-Female-Portrait-ISFp-by-Beskova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hope you're ok with an audio recording...:ninja:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ay5bUxG5ju

Thankyou for your video [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION].

You have a very soft, gentle voice and these qualities seem to span into your personality as well.

Repeatedly you say that you need to feel comfortable in an environment free from stress. You also dislike restrictions on allowing people to be themselves. These seem to be Alpha values.

You seem not too bothered about your job, being quite content to work for your boyfriend, this suggests an IP temperament, being happy in a supporting role as long as your core needs are continuously satisfied. This core need appears to be comfort and harmony in your own state of being, which strongly points to Si as a leading role.

Despite this, you are quite critical of yourself. Whether you actually 'suck' or not, this seems like an underestimation that is often seen with people who have weak Ne, not being able to adequately assess the potential of themselves. I do, however think that Ne is valued... you actually call the way you approach the interesting possibilities of typology as 'delicious'. An interesting, quite sensory word :D Therefore, I'd say Ne suggestive, which reinforces my suspicion of an Si lead.

At the same time, you mention one strength, which is your ability to get on with people and make them feel comfortable in an non-judging environment. You prefer communicating on the one-to-one, which would make sense, given Introversion and the preference for focus over expansion. This suggests that despite being Introverted, you are Ethical (Feeling). You mentioning at how you sometimes like to seek attention from time to time, affecting larger numbers of people with some kind of performance strongly points to Fe instead of Fi.

Your biggest weakness seems to be knowing how to do things practically and effectively. This would be vulnerable Te and it seems that this is the reason for you turning into a 'stress-ball' at work.

Overall, I have a good feeling that you are an SEI in Socionics. Quite a different type to the ENFP you claimed to be in MBTI.

Here are some profiles:

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SEI-ISFp/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/282-ISFp-The-Mediator-profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/53-Dumas-Female-Portrait-ISFp-by-Beskova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello there,

Here goes! Thanks [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] :) Let me know if you need any more info... I'm a rambler. Also the video and audio is quite out of time in a lot of places, sorry, my computer doesn't like PhotoBooth.

Also if you have any guesses on my MBTI type that would be great :) Thanks for doing this.

Thankyou [MENTION=20499]alphashallows[/MENTION],

We can certainly see from your lifestyle that you are quite typical for someone leading with Extroverted Intuition. You jump from one thing to the next, quite impulsively and tend to get bored with doing the same thing for too long. It's typical for an Ne lead to have poor self-control, being unable to get themselves to do something if they are bored. However, their high energy allows them to be very effective when they are interested in what they are doing.

We can see Introverted Ethics making a strong creative function for you. You seem very focused about how you feel towards things. The job didn't feel right for you. You avoid arguments usually but will enter them based on how you've been 'emotionally violated'. When you describe your comfy, cosy, Delta values environment, you talk about how you want it to represent how you are, what your personal feelings are in life. You also mention how you are good at working with people, showing a strong Demonstrative Fe along with Creative Fi.

Finally, we can see a weakness in Ti. You mention how you want your ideal environment to be free from rules. You seem to like being restricted from doing things you want and I'd imagine would not be comfortable with a legal system depriving you of your interests. At the same time, you approach your arguments with so much Fi, arguing about how they have made you feel, that forget to apply the principle consistently to yourself, taking in how you have treated them.

In all, I'd say you are quite likely an IEE in Socionics but I would probably say ENFP in MBTI because I don't really look upon it as a separate theory, more a primitive forebearer. Here are some profiles:

If you live in London, you can come to our next meetup. We're going to be doing something next Sunday down in Bloomsbury so send me a message if you're interested.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks so much for your input. It's interesting. Ive tested - and been typed by others - all four NFs, repeatedly, with a tendency towards IEI, and IEE, but this is the first time I get typed SEI. I did read up on the profile and I can definitely see where you're coming from. Which makes it harder on me...that's one more profile I can certainly relate to :doh:

Not your problem though, and your contribution and expertise is definitely appreciated, it'll go into the information I'm gathering on socionics.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm hoping a written response is ok. I'm thinking LII at this moment but open to other ideas.

I took a personality test in my high school psychology class. I find it interesting to see the similarities and differences among people. I like to understand myself better and others.
I like knowing how and why people think and act the way they do and how I can understand myself better to improve myself.

What do you do for a living?
I’m a librarian

What do you do for a college degree?
I majored in biochemistry in college and found out later it wasn’t for me. I was good at the theory but a major klutz in the lab. Plus I just found lab work tedious.
I decided to pursue a Masters in library science (I know the two fields are totally unrelated). I enjoy books and learning information so I figured it would be a good fit.

Do you like your job?
Yes and no. I like the more creative aspects of it. Designing book displays, planning library programs and activities, creating booklists and things like that.

Interestingly enough I also enjoy the more systematic aspects of it. Call me anal or whatever but I actually enjoy shelving books and putting them in order. I like creating order out of chaos or creating clearness out of ambiguity. One way I do that is by creating instructional guides for using the library equipment or the databases.

I like the analytical aspects of it such as evaluating the library’s collection and resources, suggesting ways to improve it.

I have mixed feelings about the library patrons themselves. Sometimes I really find it fulfilling to help them find a book or with a computer issue. Other times, they just really grate on me when they are rude, overly demanding, or overly ignorant. It’s hard to have to bite my tongue and not say what I really think because us employees are supposed to have “the customer is always right” attitude.

I dislike having to deal with stuff outside my area of expertise or comfort zone. Such as when a library patron asks for extremely specialized information on some topic I know absolutely nothing about and I just don’t have the expertise and experience to handle such a request. Also I’m the only librarian on duty at the time and the patron has to have the information ASAP. That puts a lot of pressure on me and I get panicked. Also, I don’t like having my ignorance exposed and looking stupid.

I dislike interruptions when I’m absorbed in a task of interest. When working with the public, you’re interrupted all the time by people.

I dislike having to be tied down to a schedule, knowing that you must be at work at this time- a problem with almost all jobs unless you’re strictly freelance. I like to be able to come and go as I please.

I also dislike the excess bureaucracy but who doesn’t?

Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why?
At times, I wish I didn’t have to have a career at all. Finding a career to me seems like finding something that’s the least painless. I know that with whatever job I do, there will be some things I don’t like about it, so it’s the matter of finding the closest fit with my personality and interests. Overall librarian is a good fit even if it isn’t perfect. I’ve also considered computer science. That would utilize my analytical skills and I wouldn’t have to have as much contact with people and I could immerse myself in a task with less interruptions.

Really, if I had my way, I’d be relaxing with a good book, playing video games, or surfing the Internet all day. I admit I’m kind of lazy and unambitious by nature. Yet, I feel guilty about that, also having the need to make a worthwhile contribution and difference to society. Reading, thinking, and surfing the web all day isn’t going to accomplish that. Obviously, I also need to make money in order to survive and live comfortably.

What are you like when doing your job?
I tend to be rather quiet and serious. I’m mostly focused on the task itself and don’t socialize much. I strive to excel in my job and seek ways to improve at what I’m doing. For the most part I’m hard working but I can have periods of time where I slack off and surf the internet for fun when I can get away with it.

Are you much different at home?
No. Except at home I spend more time web surfing.

What aspects of your life are you especially good with?
I’m good at logical, analytical type stuff, especially math and science and various logical systems.

I have a good sense of who I am and what I want or don’t want in life. I’m deeply introspective and insightful about things.

People say I’m good with money. I always make sure I have enough before buying something and I save for the future. I pay all my bills on time.

What do you feel that you are especially bad at?
Just about everything else, it seems.

Relationships outside the immediate family, is the major one that comes to mind. I don’t really have much experience with intimate relationships and for the most part find them messy and awkward. Maybe I just haven’t found the right one yet or I’m overly picky. I’m not the type to initiate relationships and I’m severely afraid of rejection, preferring to wait for someone to approach me and initiate the relationship. Friendships are much the same way. I only have 2 friends that I consider very close, that I would trust enough to share my deep secrets with and bare my soul. I do have several acquaintances and I belong to a couple of gaming groups but I don’t really do anything with them outside of that group except the occasional Facebook message exchange.

Sports and athletic things. I’ve dabbled in several but never attained a satisfying level of success. I have bad aim and timing.

Beauty, fashion, makeup, hair, etc. I’m oblivious to these sorts of things and for the most part I don’t care much to put in the effort. As long as I look presentable, I’m okay.

Dealing with frustration and impatience. I want things to work correctly, right away. I also want to be good at something right away and don’t like the long hours of practice it takes to get good. As a result, I’ve given up on several things because I got discouraged.

I let fear get in the way too much. Mostly this is fear of rejection, ridicule, or others thinking I’m stupid. As a result there have been some things I wanted to pursue but didn’t.

What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?
Admiration: Using my intelligence, knowledge, insight, organizational skills, hard work

Criticism: Being too aloof and in my own world, not aware enough of my surroundings, unintentionally give the impression of a know-it-all and talking down to others

A relaxed environment where people are free to be themselves and there is no pressure for people to be someone they’re not. Atmosphere is laid back and low-key with some lighthearted humor. Conversations are about intellectual or philosophical things or whatever we happen to currently find interesting or funny. People are supportive of each other and cooperate rather than compete with each other.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks so much for your input. It's interesting. Ive tested - and been typed by others - all four NFs, repeatedly, with a tendency towards IEI, and IEE, but this is the first time I get typed SEI. I did read up on the profile and I can definitely see where you're coming from. Which makes it harder on me...that's one more profile I can certainly relate to :doh:

Not your problem though, and your contribution and expertise is definitely appreciated, it'll go into the information I'm gathering on socionics.

Take a look at the Quadras, SEI would be Alpha, IEI Beta and IEE Delta.

Alea_iacta_est

Take a look at the Quadras, SEI would be Alpha, IEI Beta and IEE Delta.

Must you require the video to type people? I want to participate but at the same time don't want to provide a video, so would you be able to type from a written questionnaire?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] I hope my response wasn't too long for you to look at it. :)

Also a question, what do Ne role and Se role typically look like? ..

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thankyou [MENTION=20499]alphashallows[/MENTION],

We can certainly see from your lifestyle that you are quite typical for someone leading with Extroverted Intuition. You jump from one thing to the next, quite impulsively and tend to get bored with doing the same thing for too long. It's typical for an Ne lead to have poor self-control, being unable to get themselves to do something if they are bored. However, their high energy allows them to be very effective when they are interested in what they are doing.

We can see Introverted Ethics making a strong creative function for you. You seem very focused about how you feel towards things. The job didn't feel right for you. You avoid arguments usually but will enter them based on how you've been 'emotionally violated'. When you describe your comfy, cosy, Delta values environment, you talk about how you want it to represent how you are, what your personal feelings are in life. You also mention how you are good at working with people, showing a strong Demonstrative Fe along with Creative Fi.

Finally, we can see a weakness in Ti. You mention how you want your ideal environment to be free from rules. You seem to like being restricted from doing things you want and I'd imagine would not be comfortable with a legal system depriving you of your interests. At the same time, you approach your arguments with so much Fi, arguing about how they have made you feel, that forget to apply the principle consistently to yourself, taking in how you have treated them.

In all, I'd say you are quite likely an IEE in Socionics but I would probably say ENFP in MBTI because I don't really look upon it as a separate theory, more a primitive forebearer. Here are some profiles:

If you live in London, you can come to our next meetup. We're going to be doing something next Sunday down in Bloomsbury so send me a message if you're interested.

Hi thanks for this! So IEE is what you think, I can see some of your points there.

Did you get IEE/ENFP from my communication style or what I actually said? Was there anything about the way I spoke or unconscious cues that would either confirm the type or suggest otherwise?

Ooh thanks for the invite! I can't make this Sunday but keep me posted!