First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    Sure, if an SxE wants something, they might have difficulty with patience and holding back from doing what they want to do. They will have difficulty with either social or legal rules or customs in the way of the thing of desire.
    Well that fits me too well

Nevertheless, they are good at doing whatever it takes to get what they want. They're not so easily distracted unlike IxEs because they don't look so much at other things they could be doing so much as the things they are doing and the advancement that brings.
    OK, well, I'm not the type that gets distracted, that's for sure. I'm really good at doing whatever I need to do to get something.

But I can procrastinate on tasks that I'm not really that motivated to do before e.g. a deadline... or if there is no deadline or other external circumstance forcing me to do it, the task to do just stays in background for really long. I do shit instead that I'm motivated to do and/or more interested in.

So that's what I meant about bad self-discipline :p Does that fit the picture?

An SxE is a forceful character and they can force themselves as much as they can force others. If it's a question of willpower they excel in this area.
    Well sure, but if I'm not motivated then what? :p

Btw, I'd like to know what you see as forceful as a Ne lead type. Are you more sensitive to this sort of Se stuff than Se types are? I hope my question makes sense

In which case you could be Se-leading and feeling especially insecure in the rare situation where you aren't at your best new aspect of your leading function.
    Okay. Overall I'm really good at acquiring skills, I just start out slow. Or at least it feels slow to me lol sometimes doesn't seem so to others

Another question about Ne role: role function is supposedly something that you sometimes try to be better at, because of society's expectations/norms etc., you just don't focus on it for long so you don't really manage to get better. In the case of Ne, as role function, what would that mean? Trying to see more viewpoints? Trying to be better at "outside of the box" thinking? Or what?

Ne PoLR is seen in LSI and ESI... Unlike SEE and SLE, LSI and ESI are of the IJ temperament, they prefer to stick to a certain order of things in a straightforward manner, whether sentiment or logic based. As a result, they end up completely unable to adjust themselves to the chaotic unpredictability of Ne where instead of there being a clear way of doing things, there are lots of possible ways.

SLE and SEE are able to adapt a certain amount because they are of the EP temperament, they may prefer not to go to possibility X if they are set on thing Y, but they can do it if necessary. For an LSI or ESI, this change of goals is very disturbing, their structure or sentiments being set around Y and a change to X requiring a major upheaval of their IJ framework.
    OK.

For an IxE, such changes are quite natural... if something looks greener on the other side, the IxE will need to be prevented by his friends to stop him throwing down what he's doing and rushing off.
    Lol :p

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Not so sure about the last statement. I'd agree 'Fi-valuing'--a tendency to gauge subjective distance, between myself and others, is near-definite. It's a strong suit of mine, but possibly as something that has developed rather than is innate.

But by 'love-hate relationship with people,' I mean with society on the whole; I'm pretty comfortable gauging out the psychological distance between myself and any given individual. Related, I get frustrated when others can't seem to 'read me,' either because of (what I perceive as) social ineptitude, apathy, or selfishness. I deeply treasure those who actually understand me.
    Out of curiosity, what do you expect others to do exactly? What do you mean by wanting them to "read you"?

Understanding individual systems to me is subservient to developing a greater understanding. I tend toward synthesizing systems of thought and extracting their commonalities in order to gain some piece of wisdom that transcends any individual system. For example, one typology system provides one perspective on human cognition--but a synthesis of many typologies can provide a holistic understanding of the self, others, and human nature in general; the synthesis would point to how people organize information, which in turn illuminates why we bother to do so in the first place, and.. the rabbit trail goes on and on. Sometimes with a particular application in mind, viz. technology and humanity; often also for its own sake or for self-development.
    Oh, is that how TeNi thinks?

Don't get my tone wrong. Just wondered.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you expect others to do exactly? What do you mean by wanting them to "read you"?
    Good question, you're making me think about it enough to try to put it into words.

Some people talk for.. well, I don't know why, other than to hear themselves talk, rather than to have an actual conversation. In this way, they "take" more than they "give." They'll push their agenda or their problems without bothering to reciprocate the whole "listening" thing. Interrupting or otherwise asserting myself only goes so far, as they'll re-rail as they see fit. People eventually realize that I don't 'play' like that, and they'll stop talking to me and turn their attention to those who do.

I don't expect people to reciprocate, per se; they gonna do what they gonna do. Believe you me, I don't mean that in a pessimistic 'screw other people' or in a 'waugh nobody understands me' sort of way. The relationship between us is what it is; no regrets or disappointment.

Now, that's for the everyday stuff, casual conversations, and acquaintances. As far as more deeply 'understanding me,' I'm not even sure what I mean. Something about how and why I tick. And, hell, I'd love to understand the other as well.
    Oh, is that how TeNi thinks?

Don't get my tone wrong. Just wondered.
    Maybe so. Reading back, it at least sounds like an Ni thing. I ruminate in the same way about societal concerns; and, in fact, many of my ruminations about anything at all wind back into self- and other-discovery--realizing how the world works, how I'm intertwined with it, etc.

(Did I actually say "rabbit trail"? Dammit, I of course meant "rabbit hole." )

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    Yes, you're an LII, an insightful (creative Ne), physically-unaware (weak Se), socially-awkward (weak Fe), list-making (leading Ti), LII-brarian.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NTj-by-Beskova
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NTj-by-Beskova
    Thanks. As I was writing my response I was thinking this must scream LII and the whole desireable environment thing looks like something right out of alpha quadra. I guess I just wanted validation for my type.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Some people talk for.. well, I don't know why, other than to hear themselves talk, rather than to have an actual conversation. In this way, they "take" more than they "give." They'll push their agenda or their problems without bothering to reciprocate the whole "listening" thing. Interrupting or otherwise asserting myself only goes so far, as they'll re-rail as they see fit. People eventually realize that I don't 'play' like that, and they'll stop talking to me and turn their attention to those who do.
    Ahh I knew some people like that. I stopped talking to them pretty quickly. I will only endure one such session. It's really simple, I will gladly listen but I want to be heard as well. 50/50 is reasonable I think.

Anyway how is that to do with "reading" you in general? Reading the desire that you'd like to talk too?

As far as more deeply 'understanding me,' I'm not even sure what I mean. Something about how and why I tick. And, hell, I'd love to understand the other as well.
    Yeah sounds good

Maybe so. Reading back, it at least sounds like an Ni thing. I ruminate in the same way about societal concerns; and, in fact, many of my ruminations about anything at all wind back into self- and other-discovery--realizing how the world works, how I'm intertwined with it, etc.
    How is it different from Ne?

(Did I actually say "rabbit trail"? Dammit, I of course meant "rabbit hole." )
    It was funny. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    Thanks. As I was writing my response I was thinking this must scream LII and the whole desireable environment thing looks like something right out of alpha quadra. I guess I just wanted validation for my type.
    Yeah I was thinking to myself reading it that it was too stereotypical LII :p But if you're really like that and especially if you like being yourself, cool then

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@garbage

In another thread you said: "but a part of me was jealous of his ability to retain facts (a weakness of mine)." --- LIE wouldn't feel this way would they? More like Te superid, this?

garbage

@garbage

In another thread you said: "but a part of me was jealous of his ability to retain facts (a weakness of mine)." --- LIE wouldn't feel this way would they? More like Te superid, this?
    Could be. I'm told very often that I'm more of a synthesist, or one who connects facts together, than a.. fact-rememberer. That is, once I have 'em, I develop a very broad (or deep) mental picture easily. Dunno if that's a product of a very tight interplay between Te and Ni, or Te in the super-id; or whether Te doesn't necessarily involve remembering facts.

Also, my latest stupid test results, from sociotype dot com:
    Your Sociotype: SLI-3Te (ISTp)
    ILI (INTp): 99% as likely as SLI.

ILE (ENTp): 89% as likely as SLI.
    LIE (ENTj): 88% as likely as SLI.

I have no idea how the hell SLI got all up in there

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Could be. I'm told very often that I'm more of a synthesist, or one who connects facts together, than a.. fact-rememberer. That is, once I have 'em, I develop a very broad (or deep) mental picture easily. Dunno if that's a product of a very tight interplay between Te and Ni, or Te in the super-id; or whether Te doesn't necessarily involve remembering facts.
    I think Te involves remembering of facts or how can the Te type act so logically and efficiently otherwise?

I'm also more like you btw. Well, I can remember facts in the relevant context very well, but I'm otherwise not terribly focused on them, not too much meaning on their own, I believe that means Ti valuing over Te valuing.

Broad mental picture still sounds Ne-ish to me but that's just a superficial guess.

Oh and I'm still interested in answers to my previous post to you, I think you forgot to check that one.

Also, my latest stupid test results, from sociotype dot com:
    Your Sociotype: SLI-3Te (ISTp)
    ILI (INTp): 99% as likely as SLI.

ILE (ENTp): 89% as likely as SLI.
    LIE (ENTj): 88% as likely as SLI.

I have no idea how the hell SLI got all up in there
    Interesting lol. I guess you didn't really move the slider much for S/N questions...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My video can be found here.

Have at it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

garbage

Oops, here we go. Sorry that most of this is a non-response, but I think I could only provide guesses.
    Ahh I knew some people like that. I stopped talking to them pretty quickly. I will only endure one such session. It's really simple, I will gladly listen but I want to be heard as well. 50/50 is reasonable I think.

Anyway how is that to do with "reading" you in general? Reading the desire that you'd like to talk too?
    That sounds about right. Being able to pay some damn attention, really; as there's no point otherwise.
    How is it different from Ne? [...] Broad mental picture still sounds Ne-ish to me but that's just a superficial guess.
    [...]
    I think Te involves remembering of facts or how can the Te type act so logically and efficiently otherwise? [...] I'm also more like you btw. Well, I can remember facts in the relevant context very well, but I'm otherwise not terribly focused on them, not too much meaning on their own, I believe that means Ti valuing over Te valuing.
    You've got me on all of these questions. I have some guesses, but I'm no expert. I suppose we need a professional Socionicistist dude to help us out.
    Interesting lol. I guess you didn't really move the slider much for S/N questions...
    There were a bunch of sliders that I rammed straight toward the N side (though some others, possibly not so much), so I don't know what the hell. Some questions aren't related to ego functions directly, but to what one 'values' and 'doesn't value'--those that try to tease out your quadra, super-ego, and ego-functions. Maybe I responded with many sliders on individual functions that pointed to Nx (Ni or Ne) over Sx in the ego, but then screwed up the test with some unexpected responses to those 'valuation' questions. e.g. "This guy's responses indicate that he values Ne? Welp, he's gotta have some Si all up in there."

The Extended Socionics test is 1/3 VI. That tends to muck up results even more, because VI is .. to put it lightly, not well-founded.