• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Video Questionnaire - Find out your Socionics Type

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a personal example. I often go online to do something of import like school work and suddenly a link catches my eye. An uncontrollable fascination takes hold of me and I just have to find out what the page the link would take me to says. As a result, I click the link, abandoning my work and might click through a series of other links, each one commanding this similar, uncontrollable fascination. In each case, I see a promise in the link, a promise of shiny, new information to entertain in my head with an assortment of other things. For such promises I carry a voracious appetite that isn't satiated until the need to do work becomes urgent.

Ah I see. So we have "voracious appetite" for different things then :) (I liked that expression)

If I procrastinate I just do something I feel like doing (instead of what I'm supposed to do) but not jump around like that.

It would be unnatural for you to carefully and patiently plan something out, this is Ni Te territory. Instead it would be natural for you to get a basic structure and jump in head first.

No I don't spend that much time planning things out, I do often go ahead with a basic structure in my mind or sometimes not even that. If not even that, then I only get the idea of the structure while doing the thing.

Still sometimes it can take a bit of time to even get the basic structure (when it's a really complex thing), though I'm generally good with this.

I can be competitive for limited durations.

Until you start feeling there is something better? :p

Kinda, fighting too much is too draining, we'd rather rest if it gets too tough or find something more appealing. The point is, there's always something better to do than what we're doing.

If it gets tough it just gets more interesting for me, though it can certainly feel frustrating too if I can't go on fast enough because something feels like it's "persistently" blocking my way ahead, but it's just impatience pretty much

To the second sentence here, about something else being always better and jumping to it instead, that just wouldn't feel satisfying to me, no.

You just seemed rather playful and not so overtly masculine. There was a lightness that I don't see too often in SLEs but have seen in ILEs.

Did you assume I was a guy?

I have a strong 7 fix or wing btw. Playfulness maybe comes from there

Oh yes, it takes effort for 2D Ne to become adequate and even then you might slip up. It's just not so useless as 1D Fi.

Um yeah I guess it's not as useless.. :p

Well, I would do it. When I get around to it. I keep thinking i'm going to do a video for typing purposes (mostly Enneagram and instinctual variants), but it could be used for this too- but I'm scared, and I feel like it has to be perfect. Which is silly. That probably says something about me. Everything has to be perfect. I want to talk about the right things and answer the questions with the right information and have answers ready so I don't waste people's time.

There is no standard according to which you would/should be "perfect". I don't know if that helps heh... I'm pretty sure though that nobody will feel like it's a waste of time, so do go ahead with the video :)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I hope [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] will chime in :p

I would just say that although fact-learning is often seen as a Te behaviour, the true application of Te is to make these facts work productively together. As a result, I would say that fact learning ceases to be a Te activity when those facts aren't seen as useful and the learning of these facts deemed a waste of time and resources.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would just say that although fact-learning is often seen as a Te behaviour, the true application of Te is to make these facts work productively together. As a result, I would say that fact learning ceases to be a Te activity when those facts aren't seen as useful and the learning of these facts deemed a waste of time and resources.

well of course; I was more referring to it being a prerequisite to learn and remember facts to be able to put them together productively, but maybe it doesn't have to be consciously done, so what I meant was LSE would be more aware of the details while LIE would be just aware of a synthesis. Is that right?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well of course; I was more referring to it being a prerequisite to learn and remember facts to be able to put them together productively, but maybe it doesn't have to be consciously done, so what I meant was LSE would be more aware of the details while LIE would be just aware of a synthesis. Is that right?

Well, LSE is often more likely to learn trivia than an LIE from personal experience. Methinks it's down to the Ne-mobilising function which gives them that feeling that learning lots of assorted information might come in handy. Often an LSE might spend a large amount of time then sharing these facts with others in long monologues, due to their weak Ni not telling them they are wasting time.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah I see. So we have "voracious appetite" for different things then :) (I liked that expression)

Precisely, that'll be the Flexible-Manoeuvring (EP) temperament, in one case applied to Intuition and in the other case, applied to Sensation.

Until you start feeling there is something better? :p

Indeed.

To the second sentence here, about something else being always better and jumping to it instead, that just wouldn't feel satisfying to me, no.

No, that would feel a bit like a cop out to an Se-lead. The struggle required to get the thing of desire is half the victory.

Did you assume I was a guy?

I have a strong 7 fix or wing btw. Playfulness maybe comes from there

Yes...

You seemed quite masculine, but more open with your emoticons than the bull-headed SLE males I know so I kinda just saw a more androgynous ILE male. That you're actually a woman makes a quite a lot of sense in that although SLE and LSE are the most masculine of the types, sexual dimorphism still has an effect.

Yeah, but 8w7 isn't the same as 7w8.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, that would feel a bit like a cop out to an Se-lead. The struggle required to get the thing of desire is half the victory.

That makes sense :p

Yes...

You seemed quite masculine, but more open with your emoticons than the bull-headed SLE males I know so I kinda just saw a more androgynous ILE male. That you're actually a woman makes a quite a lot of sense in that although SLE and LSE are the most masculine of the types, sexual dimorphism still has an effect.

ILE male? Lol

Yeah, but 8w7 isn't the same as 7w8.

What do you mean by that exactly?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the w7 just makes an 8 a dynamic, flexible leader.

A w8 makes a 7 a more assertive upstart.

Yeah but what did you mean in the original context of playfulness?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was asking why you contrasted 8w7 and 7w8 in that context. :p

Like, you meant one of them is more light-hearted?

Well, 7s are usually perceived as more playful than 8s who are more agenda-focused.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, 7s are usually perceived as more playful than 8s who are more agenda-focused.

I was guessing you were thinking of that. Though I saw some 8w7 profile along the lines of stuff "Can be forceful but with a light touch, funny" *shrug*

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was guessing you were thinking of that. Though I saw some 8w7 profile along the lines of stuff "Can be forceful but with a light touch, funny" *shrug*

Odd, considering both 7 and 8 are part of the 'assertive' triad. But we digress.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Odd, considering both 7 and 8 are part of the 'assertive' triad. But we digress.

Well I don't find it too odd. It's not like an id type is raging all the goddamn time.

But yeah that's not socionics. Do you do enneagram typing too? :p

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I don't find it too odd. It's not like an id type is raging all the goddamn time.

But yeah that's not socionics. Do you do enneagram typing too? :p

No, I don't find the theory meaty enough for my tastes, plus I don't really think it's meant to deal with personality so much as fears/desires.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I don't find the theory meaty enough for my tastes, plus I don't really think it's meant to deal with personality so much as fears/desires.

And you're only interested in personality? I see. I like exactly that stuff in it though

Anyway thanks again for the socionics typing :p

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And you're only interested in personality? I see. I like exactly that stuff in it though

Anyway thanks again for the socionics typing :p

I'm interested in a lot of things but I'm not sure where the fears and desires of Enneagram start to just merge with Socionics leading and vulnerable functions. If one sees fears and desires as being part of personality, Enneagram could really just be absorbed into Socionics and I think that would be a better outcome than preserving the two theories side by side. I also doubt things in the Enneagram like an absence of a nitty gritty structure to determine why there are exactly 9 fears/desires.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm interested in a lot of things but I'm not sure where the fears and desires of Enneagram start to just merge with Socionics leading and vulnerable functions. If one sees fears and desires as being part of personality, Enneagram could really just be absorbed into Socionics and I think that would be a better outcome than preserving the two theories side by side. I also doubt things in the Enneagram like an absence of a nitty gritty structure to determine why there are exactly 9 fears/desires.

Well why are there exactly 8 functions? :)

As for merging it with socionics, I did notice the two can overlap here and there... I just don't see the enneagram motivations lining up so totally neatly with leading/vulnerable etc...

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well why are there exactly 8 functions? :)

As for merging it with socionics, I did notice the two can overlap here and there... I just don't see the enneagram motivations lining up so totally neatly with leading/vulnerable etc...

Well, there are 8 IM elements because...

1. We either perceive information or evaluate information.
2. We perceive either concrete information or abstract information.
3. We evaluate information either sentimentally or logically.
4. We take either a focused or broad scope when perceiving and evaluating.

This leads to a 2x2x2 effect which leads to 8.