User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    yupp

why can't more people do videos? hiding behind text. show your true form.unless you don't have a smart phone. video camera, or web cam, if you don't have any of those three then you are pardoned

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why can't more people do videos? hiding behind text. show your true form.unless you don't have a smart phone. video camera, or web cam, if you don't have any of those three then you are pardoned
    You forgot about a lot of other factors that can get in the way. Anyway just pardon everyone okay ;p

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    As promised,

check here:

Feel free to analyze my video in this thread, though. Also, if you can't view it, shoot me a rep or PM and I'll get the link to you.
    Thankyou @garbage

In your video you come across as a very logical type. Your manner of communicating is far more informative than emotional. At the same time, you report your love-hate relationship with people, suggesting weaker Ethics. Your career seems to be one that brings technology to people. You report to have a good grasp of Logic, whether you are mentioning Te or Ti, I am not sure but if you lead with Te you will be good at Ti as well when required. You seem to be a good leader, being proactive and taking the initiative in your environment. When you lead, your decisions seem well calculated to figure out what is best in a pragmatic sense for the group.

You described your journey into typology as a trajectory, describing it in a very Dynamic manner... a gradual change in your views over time as new data came in. This is a rather Ni-focused way of describing things, not as a Static point where you completely shifted, but a Dynamic flow over time.

The first thing we notice with you is that you have toothpaste on your T-shirt. You mention later that the body is a nuisance to you, a crying child to be taken care of. This is a clear demonstration of someone who is Si-Vulnerable, simply not valuing day to day trivialities and Te in the lead, pretty much arguing that we would be more productive if we didn't have physical bodies to maintain.

Throughout the video you also demonstrate the dead-pan, slightly harsh humour of the Gamma Quadra.

Overall, I'd say you're probably an LIE. I know you seem set on leading with Ne but then again LIE does have Ne as a Demonstrative function, so will be just as good at it as an IEE, only will take a more productive focus on it.

Here are some profiles:

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LIE-ENTj/
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NTj-by-Beskova
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    You forgot about a lot of other factors that can get in the way. Anyway just pardon everyone okay ;p
    there is none.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

there is none.
    There are. With your Ne, you should be able to generate possibilities ;p

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    There are. With your Ne, you should be able to generate possibilities ;p
    I can, but I don't agree with them.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I can, but I don't agree with them.
    Then you didn't think of all possibilities yet

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I'm hoping a written response is ok. I'm thinking LII at this moment but open to other ideas.

How did you get into typology?
    I took a personality test in my high school psychology class. I find it interesting to see the similarities and differences among people. I like to understand myself better and others.
    What interested you about psychology?
    I like knowing how and why people think and act the way they do and how I can understand myself better to improve myself.

What do you do for a living?
    I’m a librarian

What do you do for a college degree?
    I majored in biochemistry in college and found out later it wasn’t for me. I was good at the theory but a major klutz in the lab. Plus I just found lab work tedious.
    I decided to pursue a Masters in library science (I know the two fields are totally unrelated). I enjoy books and learning information so I figured it would be a good fit.

Do you like your job?
    Yes and no. I like the more creative aspects of it. Designing book displays, planning library programs and activities, creating booklists and things like that.

Interestingly enough I also enjoy the more systematic aspects of it. Call me anal or whatever but I actually enjoy shelving books and putting them in order. I like creating order out of chaos or creating clearness out of ambiguity. One way I do that is by creating instructional guides for using the library equipment or the databases.

I like the analytical aspects of it such as evaluating the library’s collection and resources, suggesting ways to improve it.

I have mixed feelings about the library patrons themselves. Sometimes I really find it fulfilling to help them find a book or with a computer issue. Other times, they just really grate on me when they are rude, overly demanding, or overly ignorant. It’s hard to have to bite my tongue and not say what I really think because us employees are supposed to have “the customer is always right” attitude.

I dislike having to deal with stuff outside my area of expertise or comfort zone. Such as when a library patron asks for extremely specialized information on some topic I know absolutely nothing about and I just don’t have the expertise and experience to handle such a request. Also I’m the only librarian on duty at the time and the patron has to have the information ASAP. That puts a lot of pressure on me and I get panicked. Also, I don’t like having my ignorance exposed and looking stupid.

I dislike interruptions when I’m absorbed in a task of interest. When working with the public, you’re interrupted all the time by people.

I dislike having to be tied down to a schedule, knowing that you must be at work at this time- a problem with almost all jobs unless you’re strictly freelance. I like to be able to come and go as I please.

I also dislike the excess bureaucracy but who doesn’t?

Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why?
    At times, I wish I didn’t have to have a career at all. Finding a career to me seems like finding something that’s the least painless. I know that with whatever job I do, there will be some things I don’t like about it, so it’s the matter of finding the closest fit with my personality and interests. Overall librarian is a good fit even if it isn’t perfect. I’ve also considered computer science. That would utilize my analytical skills and I wouldn’t have to have as much contact with people and I could immerse myself in a task with less interruptions.

Really, if I had my way, I’d be relaxing with a good book, playing video games, or surfing the Internet all day. I admit I’m kind of lazy and unambitious by nature. Yet, I feel guilty about that, also having the need to make a worthwhile contribution and difference to society. Reading, thinking, and surfing the web all day isn’t going to accomplish that. Obviously, I also need to make money in order to survive and live comfortably.

What are you like when doing your job?
    I tend to be rather quiet and serious. I’m mostly focused on the task itself and don’t socialize much. I strive to excel in my job and seek ways to improve at what I’m doing. For the most part I’m hard working but I can have periods of time where I slack off and surf the internet for fun when I can get away with it.

Are you much different at home?
    No. Except at home I spend more time web surfing.

What aspects of your life are you especially good with?
    I’m good at logical, analytical type stuff, especially math and science and various logical systems.

I have a good sense of who I am and what I want or don’t want in life. I’m deeply introspective and insightful about things.

People say I’m good with money. I always make sure I have enough before buying something and I save for the future. I pay all my bills on time.

What do you feel that you are especially bad at?
    Just about everything else, it seems.

Relationships outside the immediate family, is the major one that comes to mind. I don’t really have much experience with intimate relationships and for the most part find them messy and awkward. Maybe I just haven’t found the right one yet or I’m overly picky. I’m not the type to initiate relationships and I’m severely afraid of rejection, preferring to wait for someone to approach me and initiate the relationship. Friendships are much the same way. I only have 2 friends that I consider very close, that I would trust enough to share my deep secrets with and bare my soul. I do have several acquaintances and I belong to a couple of gaming groups but I don’t really do anything with them outside of that group except the occasional Facebook message exchange.

Sports and athletic things. I’ve dabbled in several but never attained a satisfying level of success. I have bad aim and timing.

Beauty, fashion, makeup, hair, etc. I’m oblivious to these sorts of things and for the most part I don’t care much to put in the effort. As long as I look presentable, I’m okay.

Dealing with frustration and impatience. I want things to work correctly, right away. I also want to be good at something right away and don’t like the long hours of practice it takes to get good. As a result, I’ve given up on several things because I got discouraged.

I let fear get in the way too much. Mostly this is fear of rejection, ridicule, or others thinking I’m stupid. As a result there have been some things I wanted to pursue but didn’t.

What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?
    Admiration: Using my intelligence, knowledge, insight, organizational skills, hard work

Criticism: Being too aloof and in my own world, not aware enough of my surroundings, unintentionally give the impression of a know-it-all and talking down to others

What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.
    A relaxed environment where people are free to be themselves and there is no pressure for people to be someone they’re not. Atmosphere is laid back and low-key with some lighthearted humor. Conversations are about intellectual or philosophical things or whatever we happen to currently find interesting or funny. People are supportive of each other and cooperate rather than compete with each other.
    Yes, you're an LII, an insightful (creative Ne), physically-unaware (weak Se), socially-awkward (weak Fe), list-making (leading Ti), LII-brarian.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by alphashallows View Post
    Hi thanks for this! So IEE is what you think, I can see some of your points there.

Did you get IEE/ENFP from my communication style or what I actually said? Was there anything about the way I spoke or unconscious cues that would either confirm the type or suggest otherwise?

Ooh thanks for the invite! I can't make this Sunday but keep me posted!
    Well, you seem to be a Clumsy mover (4D Ne)... from the start of the video, you're a bit hectic... hair's a bit messy, your hand keeps on going up to your face, then going back down again, not really knowing where it should rest.

There is an emotionality in your voice but it more reserved than seen with Fe-leads, present but moderated. It could easily be Fe-demonstrative.

At the same time your facial expressions convey an internalising of your emotion. You seem to be feeling a lot more yourself than what you project to the other, which is common for those with Fi in the Ego Block.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@edchidna1000 any luck about my leading function? :P