User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 207

  1. #181
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Yet, none of it makes sense to me. O_o

    Not the MBTI one either :P
    Psychological distance is about the best way I've seen it described. From that distance comes valuation of what's good and bad, who to trust and who not to, awareness in interpersonal relationships, and so on.

    MBTI could learn a thing or two from that definition.
    I see what you mean but I don't think it's a good idea to pre-determine number of factors in this way.
    It's not about predetermining the number of traits in a typology; the number of traits should be determined by how many are needed to describe the system. For example, NEO-PI has three, and it considers those three to be comprehensive. NEO-PI-R (a revised NEO-PI) expands the picture to five--which happen to be the same five that the Big Five captures.

    If there were a sixth or seventh, they should be captured as well.
    Btw... Big Five theory actually isn't about just 5 traits, it's just the five ones at the top of all analysed personality traits structured in a way.
    I'm not so sure about that one. It ties into the notion that the number of traits should emerge from the study of personality--the Big Five does indeed view the five traits to be comprehensive.

    http://psychology.about.com/od/perso.../a/bigfive.htm
    Today, many researchers believe that [there] are five core personality traits. Evidence of this theory has been growing over the past 50 years, beginning with the research of D. W. Fiske (1949) and later expanded upon by other researchers including Norman (1967), Smith (1967), Goldberg (1981), and McCrae & Costa (1987).

    There are, however, sub-traits of those five--e.g. Gregariousness as a sub-trait of Extroversion.
    As for the issue of correlations between factors, MBTI has that issue. Maybe the others too.
    It certainly does. The potential for intercorrelations is also a criticism of the Big Five (though more study would have to be done to determine whether there are intercorrelations and, if so, to refine the system--and perhaps refining the system would lead to a sixth or seventh trait).
    You could still add more types without changing the currently existing integration/disintegration lines, just make a new group of the new types... like 3-6-9 is a separate group from the other 6 types.

    What did you mean about subdividing the circle in ways that would make sense?
    I wish I could take a picture of Naranjo's circle diagram to illustrate, but that circle shows disorders as a continuum. If too many disorders were grouped into one type (say, if type 8 included everything from moping around to hyperarousal to alienation to vanity), then it'd be better and more descriptive to split that type up.

  2. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Psychological distance is about the best way I've seen it described. From that distance comes valuation of what's good and bad, who to trust and who not to, awareness in interpersonal relationships, and so on.

    MBTI could learn a thing or two from that definition.
    Yeah I'm not saying it's a bad definition

    I guess I just find it funny how well the system describes me in terms of not understanding those things (Um, not that I have a problem with deciding who to trust, there's an easy way to simplify that )


    It's not about predetermining the number of traits in a typology; the number of traits should be determined by how many are needed to describe the system. For example, NEO-PI has three, and it considers those three to be comprehensive. NEO-PI-R (a revised NEO-PI) expands the picture to five--which happen to be the same five that the Big Five captures.

    If there were a sixth or seventh, they should be captured as well.
    Ok, well, how do you determine what's comprehensive enough?


    It certainly does. The potential for intercorrelations is also a criticism of the Big Five (though more study would have to be done to determine whether there are intercorrelations and, if so, to refine the system--and perhaps refining the system would lead to a sixth or seventh trait).
    Quite honestly I don't believe in Big Five. It's got no real theory behind it.


    I wish I could take a picture of Naranjo's circle diagram to illustrate, but that circle shows disorders as a continuum. If too many disorders were grouped into one type (say, if type 8 included everything from moping around to hyperarousal to alienation to vanity), then it'd be better and more descriptive to split that type up.
    I think I saw that one. I can't recall right now if there's only 9 disorders though :p

    I do see some types (as in Naranjo's book) as made up from more than one such factor...

  3. #183
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    I'll need you to post a link in the comments section to a Youtube video of yourself answering this questionnaire.

    Guidlines

    Try and put the video at around 15-20 minutes. These are clusters of related questions, looking for long, general answers rather than anything too curt or precise. You don't have to answer all the questions and may put in other stuff that feels natural to you.

    Try to relax and be aware that everything from the buttons on your coat to your nervous chuckle are being carefully scrutinised.

    What I'm not going to do is type you based on your facial features. That's not what mainstream Socionics is about.


    Questions
    How did you get into typology? What interested you about psychology?
    What do you do for a living? What do you do for a college degree? Do you like your job? Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why? What are you like when doing your job? Are you much different at home?
    What aspects of your life are you especially good with? What do you feel that you are especially bad at? What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?
    What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.

    I realize I told you I'd make a video and I have truly meant to do so but due to the enormous demands of teaching full time and opening my own martial arts school, which required me to renovate a building first, I have been pressed for spare time to sit down and make a video. Because unlike with typing, it takes me two hours to make a two minute video. Besides, I get nervous on video and am less likely to be myself. i keep messing up and then theres the upload time. Therefore, I've opted to just answer the questions and provide you with a link to previous short clips I made.

    [B]1. How did I get into typology? [B]I attended a seminar on temperament where the presenter informed me that I HAD to be sanguine because there was a teddy bear on my sweater. I decided right there on the spot, that she was making an unfounded assumption so I set out to learn about personalities and the quest eventually led me to discovering, among other things, MBTI and typology central.

    2.What interested you about psychology? I am a teacher and a writer. It only makes sense that being able to see various ways of viewing the world would be a great asset to me. A large part of being an effective teacher involves understanding the human psyche and cognitive processes and functions. As a writer, it allows me to write realistic characters from places I've never been for people I've never met and still form a bond with my reader, based solely on understanding human personalities.

    3. What do you do for a living? A.I teach in an elementary school. B. I write novels. C. I paint on commission C. I am the founder and owner of a Kung fu school that also offers classes in guitar, voice and visual arts. I teach there each day for two hours AFTER I get off from my regular job. I have a business partner ( another instructor), two secretaries and two other instructors. In addition to that, I do all sorts of unique jobs as the need or opportunity arises. I have a wide variety of skills and speak several languages

    4. What do you do for a college degree? I have a Masters Degree and am currently working via online courses for an endorsement to teach gifted and talented.

    5. Do you like your job? Certainly. Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Writing til noon everyday then teaching in the Kung fu school each afternoon. BUT my job in the public school touches lots of lives and provides the necessary funds to support my other endeavors.

    6. What ate you like when doing your job? Approachable. I strive to meet people where they're at, to see their strengths and utilize them. I encourage my students and my workers but I will also call their hand for being disrespectful, etc. In the martial arts school I have a CODE and its on the wall. I refer back to it and uphold it as a standard. I also have a set of written policies and procedures which I hold both staff and students to. At the elementary school, I'm pretty much the same. As an artist/writer, I'm thorough and will not settle for less than my absolute best. However, I am kind, soft-spoken and funny. People don't see me as a "leader" at first, but those who join up with me, do so because they respect me and they know I respect them. I will hold them accountable but I will never call them out or humiliate them in front of others.That doesn't mean I won't correct them in front of the others. I will. It only means that I target the inappropriate behavior, not the person. I'm very objective at work, always open to laughter, yet very task oriented. I lead by example and would never ask another to do what I wouldn't be willing to do myself. I am fair but don't treat everyone the same. I try instead to treat everyone in a way that brings out that particular person's strengths. I am "sort" of organized, but not extremely so. That's why I wanted a sensor secretary and an ISTJ bookkeeper!

    7. Are you much different at home? No, not much. Maybe a little goofier because I don't have to be as polished at home. My friends tell me that I am intimidating. I don't aim to be. I don't try to be. One male friend (6'2"...211lbs. Kung fu master) told me that I was the kind of girl that he would feel comfortable taking home to meet his mother and that whenever he was around me I made him " want to be good". I overheard another friend say something very similar and at first, it made me sad. I don't want my friends and family to feel they have to be good to impress me. I just want them to be themselves and I'm the most nonjudgmental person irl. Yet, people, lots of people, feel the need to be different than they normally are when I'm around. One guy told me, "It's hard to be around you because I feel I'm always in your shadow. Everybody loves you." So, I'm aware that on the one hand I'm easy to be around for the short mile because I'm easy to talk to but I'm hard to live with because I'm easy to be around, if that makes sense. The other issue I find is that I believe every person deserves basic human respect, so I may approach that lonely guy (or girl...happens with women, too) in the corner, offer him a cup of coffee and comment on the weather or the rooms decor or something else and then he thinks I want to go home with him or something and walks away saying, "but you were nice to me." Then I have to explain that I don't see him or her in that way. I think some people are so attention deprived that when someone treats them like a real person, they don't know how to take it.

    8. What aspects of your life do you feel you're especially good at? time management. I can get enormous amounts of stuff done in amazingly short amounts of time. Money management. I can get a Big Bang for a little buck. Personal growth. Whatever I decide needs to change about me, I begin to work on it and stay the course for the duration of however long it takes. Bringing out the best in my students. Creativity...I'm very creative. What do you feel you are especially bad at? Small talk. Mundane chores, like keeping up with the mountains, and I do mean mountains, of forms, memos, notes, files, emails, letters, etc. that I am swamped with on a daily basis. Sometimes, even the amount of junk mail is overwhelming. Having to be a "sales person" after I've created a project. Getting out there and pushing it is hard for me, but I do it, because I have to, but I don't love it...not really. I wish someone else could do those things for me, but the hard truth about the art/ writing world is this: unless you land a miraculous contract, you've got to do your own promotions. Other things I'm bad at...I suck at bowling and at playing pool.

    what have you done to draw the admiration of others? gave all the proceeds from one of my novels to help cancer patients, I teach (there's always both praise and criticism associated with that), put myself through college despite great personal tragedies, wrote novels, won literary awards...mostly just lived and acted like me. what did you do to draw criticism? Sadly, the most and severest criticism I've received had been over mundane stuff...like the teacher who blasted me for not having my mailboxes in an order she understood and the mom who freaked out and wanted to have me fired because I told her I wasn't terribly concerned about the spelling on a fourth grade history quiz, that I was only concerned that her son knew who Ferdinand Magellan was, even if he did misspell the name. She was severely OCD and I had no idea she stayed up nights ironing wash cloths and obsessing about soup can labels and looking up every word on her son's history papers to make sure I didn't miss anything. She became obsessed with finding fault with me, so for nine months I lived under her magnifying glass. If I didn't part my hair right or iron my dress to suit her she was in the principal's office. So, people with obsessive Si tendencies tend to find fault with me, not with my character or integrity, but with my lack of concern over wether or not a binder full of irrelevant crap is color coded or not! So, extreme nit picky, mundane stuff is the blight of my life. The principal that year called me in and reprimanded me for being like a brain surgeon. "You are brilliant, but it doesn't matter because you sometimes come across as scattered and while that's acceptable in brain surgeons, it isn't valued so much in teachers. It's all about how you present yourself" Seriously, he told me that. I replied, "I don't want to look good. I want to BE good." He really didn't know what to do with me after that. He's gone. I'm still teaching and my new principal tells me, "You're brilliant!" And she highly values that I spend more time discovering each students unique learning style than I do obsessing over color coded binders and small spelling errors on history tests.

    what sort of environment do you feel most at home in? an environment of artists (including martial artists) writers, musicians and poets. The structure is there and there's a schedule, but it's flexible. The people are easy going. They sit around composing and singing and some just wander around by themselves, occasionally mingling with others. No two people are dressed the same, yet everybody has the appearance of freedom. It's a mellow environment. There's a sense of camradery and even brotherhood. Everyone comes and goes as they please. Everyone is accepted for who they are and no one is compared to anyone else. Each person is just herself, himself. There are a lot of people reading and there are small groups gathered in nooks and under trees and on benches, discussing astronomy and philosophy, theology and history and whatever they feel like discussing. There is no reason for anybody to show off, because this environment isn't about gaining control or proving your point. It's about learning and sharing. In this environment there are no competitions. They serve no purpose. So, I guess it's an atmosphere where creativity, knowledge, objectivity and self-mastery are highly valued.

    Here's the video link. Just scroll down until you find it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...25420&page=271
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  4. #184
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I realize I told you I'd make a video and I have truly meant to do so but due to the enormous demands of teaching full time and opening my own martial arts school, which required me to renovate a building first, I have been pressed for spare time to sit down and make a video. Because unlike with typing, it takes me two hours to make a two minute video. Besides, I get nervous on video and am less likely to be myself. i keep messing up and then theres the upload time. Therefore, I've opted to just answer the questions and provide you with a link to previous short clips I made.

    [B]1. How did I get into typology? [B]I attended a seminar on temperament where the presenter informed me that I HAD to be sanguine because there was a teddy bear on my sweater. I decided right there on the spot, that she was making an unfounded assumption so I set out to learn about personalities and the quest eventually led me to discovering, among other things, MBTI and typology central.

    2.What interested you about psychology? I am a teacher and a writer. It only makes sense that being able to see various ways of viewing the world would be a great asset to me. A large part of being an effective teacher involves understanding the human psyche and cognitive processes and functions. As a writer, it allows me to write realistic characters from places I've never been for people I've never met and still form a bond with my reader, based solely on understanding human personalities.

    3. What do you do for a living? A.I teach in an elementary school. B. I write novels. C. I paint on commission C. I am the founder and owner of a Kung fu school that also offers classes in guitar, voice and visual arts. I teach there each day for two hours AFTER I get off from my regular job. I have a business partner ( another instructor), two secretaries and two other instructors. In addition to that, I do all sorts of unique jobs as the need or opportunity arises. I have a wide variety of skills and speak several languages

    4. What do you do for a college degree? I have a Masters Degree and am currently working via online courses for an endorsement to teach gifted and talented.

    5. Do you like your job? Certainly. Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Writing til noon everyday then teaching in the Kung fu school each afternoon. BUT my job in the public school touches lots of lives and provides the necessary funds to support my other endeavors.

    6. What ate you like when doing your job? Approachable. I strive to meet people where they're at, to see their strengths and utilize them. I encourage my students and my workers but I will also call their hand for being disrespectful, etc. In the martial arts school I have a CODE and its on the wall. I refer back to it and uphold it as a standard. I also have a set of written policies and procedures which I hold both staff and students to. At the elementary school, I'm pretty much the same. As an artist/writer, I'm thorough and will not settle for less than my absolute best. However, I am kind, soft-spoken and funny. People don't see me as a "leader" at first, but those who join up with me, do so because they respect me and they know I respect them. I will hold them accountable but I will never call them out or humiliate them in front of others.That doesn't mean I won't correct them in front of the others. I will. It only means that I target the inappropriate behavior, not the person. I'm very objective at work, always open to laughter, yet very task oriented. I lead by example and would never ask another to do what I wouldn't be willing to do myself. I am fair but don't treat everyone the same. I try instead to treat everyone in a way that brings out that particular person's strengths. I am "sort" of organized, but not extremely so. That's why I wanted a sensor secretary and an ISTJ bookkeeper!

    7. Are you much different at home? No, not much. Maybe a little goofier because I don't have to be as polished at home. My friends tell me that I am intimidating. I don't aim to be. I don't try to be. One male friend (6'2"...211lbs. Kung fu master) told me that I was the kind of girl that he would feel comfortable taking home to meet his mother and that whenever he was around me I made him " want to be good". I overheard another friend say something very similar and at first, it made me sad. I don't want my friends and family to feel they have to be good to impress me. I just want them to be themselves and I'm the most nonjudgmental person irl. Yet, people, lots of people, feel the need to be different than they normally are when I'm around. One guy told me, "It's hard to be around you because I feel I'm always in your shadow. Everybody loves you." So, I'm aware that on the one hand I'm easy to be around for the short mile because I'm easy to talk to but I'm hard to live with because I'm easy to be around, if that makes sense. The other issue I find is that I believe every person deserves basic human respect, so I may approach that lonely guy (or girl...happens with women, too) in the corner, offer him a cup of coffee and comment on the weather or the rooms decor or something else and then he thinks I want to go home with him or something and walks away saying, "but you were nice to me." Then I have to explain that I don't see him or her in that way. I think some people are so attention deprived that when someone treats them like a real person, they don't know how to take it.

    8. What aspects of your life do you feel you're especially good at? time management. I can get enormous amounts of stuff done in amazingly short amounts of time. Money management. I can get a Big Bang for a little buck. Personal growth. Whatever I decide needs to change about me, I begin to work on it and stay the course for the duration of however long it takes. Bringing out the best in my students. Creativity...I'm very creative. What do you feel you are especially bad at? Small talk. Mundane chores, like keeping up with the mountains, and I do mean mountains, of forms, memos, notes, files, emails, letters, etc. that I am swamped with on a daily basis. Sometimes, even the amount of junk mail is overwhelming. Having to be a "sales person" after I've created a project. Getting out there and pushing it is hard for me, but I do it, because I have to, but I don't love it...not really. I wish someone else could do those things for me, but the hard truth about the art/ writing world is this: unless you land a miraculous contract, you've got to do your own promotions. Other things I'm bad at...I suck at bowling and at playing pool.

    what have you done to draw the admiration of others? gave all the proceeds from one of my novels to help cancer patients, I teach (there's always both praise and criticism associated with that), put myself through college despite great personal tragedies, wrote novels, won literary awards...mostly just lived and acted like me. what did you do to draw criticism? Sadly, the most and severest criticism I've received had been over mundane stuff...like the teacher who blasted me for not having my mailboxes in an order she understood and the mom who freaked out and wanted to have me fired because I told her I wasn't terribly concerned about the spelling on a fourth grade history quiz, that I was only concerned that her son knew who Ferdinand Magellan was, even if he did misspell the name. She was severely OCD and I had no idea she stayed up nights ironing wash cloths and obsessing about soup can labels and looking up every word on her son's history papers to make sure I didn't miss anything. She became obsessed with finding fault with me, so for nine months I lived under her magnifying glass. If I didn't part my hair right or iron my dress to suit her she was in the principal's office. So, people with obsessive Si tendencies tend to find fault with me, not with my character or integrity, but with my lack of concern over wether or not a binder full of irrelevant crap is color coded or not! So, extreme nit picky, mundane stuff is the blight of my life. The principal that year called me in and reprimanded me for being like a brain surgeon. "You are brilliant, but it doesn't matter because you sometimes come across as scattered and while that's acceptable in brain surgeons, it isn't valued so much in teachers. It's all about how you present yourself" Seriously, he told me that. I replied, "I don't want to look good. I want to BE good." He really didn't know what to do with me after that. He's gone. I'm still teaching and my new principal tells me, "You're brilliant!" And she highly values that I spend more time discovering each students unique learning style than I do obsessing over color coded binders and small spelling errors on history tests.

    what sort of environment do you feel most at home in? an environment of artists (including martial artists) writers, musicians and poets. The structure is there and there's a schedule, but it's flexible. The people are easy going. They sit around composing and singing and some just wander around by themselves, occasionally mingling with others. No two people are dressed the same, yet everybody has the appearance of freedom. It's a mellow environment. There's a sense of camradery and even brotherhood. Everyone comes and goes as they please. Everyone is accepted for who they are and no one is compared to anyone else. Each person is just herself, himself. There are a lot of people reading and there are small groups gathered in nooks and under trees and on benches, discussing astronomy and philosophy, theology and history and whatever they feel like discussing. There is no reason for anybody to show off, because this environment isn't about gaining control or proving your point. It's about learning and sharing. In this environment there are no competitions. They serve no purpose. So, I guess it's an atmosphere where creativity, knowledge, objectivity and self-mastery are highly valued.

    Here's the video link. Just scroll down until you find it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...25420&page=271
    Thankyou @Ene

    Well, the guy was wrong, you're not Sanguine. You're actually pretty Choleric from what I can see here.

    You're very task-oriented, very busy. You seem very focused on business, getting things done productively, keeping multiple projects running efficiently at the same time etc. This all points to someone Extroverted and Rational, specifically Te leading.

    Your Achilles heel definitely seems to be Si. Although disciplined and able to work effectively, things like day to day tasks and present aesthetic are draining and seem pointless to you. You seem to be more interested in the productivity long term, rather than your projects looking nice and neat in the day to day.

    You seem to need someone else with the sales part of your business, someone who can push things onto people i.e. someone with good Se and Fi, showing Gamma values with your strong Te and Ni.

    Overall, I'd say LIE is a likely type for you.

    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LIE-ENTj/
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NTj-by-Beskova
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  5. #185
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Thanks, @edchidna1000 I have scored LII, ILI and LIE on the online tests, but does LIE correspond to ENTJ or is there really no big correspondence? Also, did u get to see the short video clips in the link?
    Last edited by Ene; 02-05-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I am a teacher and a writer. It only makes sense that being able to see various ways of viewing the world would be a great asset to me. A large part of being an effective teacher involves understanding the human psyche and cognitive processes and functions. As a writer, it allows me to write realistic characters from places I've never been for people I've never met and still form a bond with my reader, based solely on understanding human personalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene
    One male friend (6'2"...211lbs. Kung fu master) told me that I was the kind of girl that he would feel comfortable taking home to meet his mother and that whenever he was around me I made him " want to be good". I overheard another friend say something very similar and at first, it made me sad. I don't want my friends and family to feel they have to be good to impress me. I just want them to be themselves and I'm the most nonjudgmental person irl. Yet, people, lots of people, feel the need to be different than they normally are when I'm around. One guy told me, "It's hard to be around you because I feel I'm always in your shadow. Everybody loves you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene
    The other issue I find is that I believe every person deserves basic human respect, so I may approach that lonely guy (or girl...happens with women, too) in the corner, offer him a cup of coffee and comment on the weather or the rooms decor or something else and then he thinks I want to go home with him or something and walks away saying, "but you were nice to me." Then I have to explain that I don't see him or her in that way. I think some people are so attention deprived that when someone treats them like a real person, they don't know how to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene
    "You are brilliant, but it doesn't matter because you sometimes come across as scattered and while that's acceptable in brain surgeons, it isn't valued so much in teachers. It's all about how you present yourself" Seriously, he told me that. I replied, "I don't want to look good. I want to BE good." He really didn't know what to do with me after that. He's gone. I'm still teaching and my new principal tells me, "You're brilliant!" And she highly values that I spend more time discovering each students unique learning style than I do obsessing over color coded binders and small spelling errors on history tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    what sort of environment do you feel most at home in? an environment of artists (including martial artists) writers, musicians and poets. The structure is there and there's a schedule, but it's flexible. The people are easy going. They sit around composing and singing and some just wander around by themselves, occasionally mingling with others. No two people are dressed the same, yet everybody has the appearance of freedom. It's a mellow environment. There's a sense of camradery and even brotherhood. Everyone comes and goes as they please. Everyone is accepted for who they are and no one is compared to anyone else. Each person is just herself, himself. There are a lot of people reading and there are small groups gathered in nooks and under trees and on benches, discussing astronomy and philosophy, theology and history and whatever they feel like discussing. There is no reason for anybody to show off, because this environment isn't about gaining control or proving your point. It's about learning and sharing. In this environment there are no competitions. They serve no purpose. So, I guess it's an atmosphere where creativity, knowledge, objectivity and self-mastery are highly valued.
    @edchidna1000 Is this really what LIE is like?

    I see loads of Fi; and Se devaluing

  7. #187
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Knowing me...I lean more towards the Introverted spectrum.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Knowing me...I lean more towards the Introverted spectrum.
    OK I will say it I actually thought this was a lot of Fi-leading stuff :p

    Though you didn't sound socially introverted but that's something else anyway..

  9. #189
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    OK I will say it I actually thought this was a lot of Fi-leading stuff :p

    Though you didn't sound socially introverted but that's something else anyway..

    Yeah, I know.

    I consciously work to push past it, overcome one's fears, that sort of thing. A lot of people think I'm extroverted. They don't see the recovery time or how I stay up into the wee hours of the night just to re-center myself. I've been told by many people that I am charming, but even so, being around people for extended periods of time without those precious stolen moments of quiet stillness would cause me to come unraveled. The things I do, I do with intent and purpose, I do because to me, they are a part of a bigger picture. I rarely do anything without a long-range goal in mind. I'm constantly, and I do mean constantly, planning and predicting. I am also a very calm and calculated person, for the most part. However, I do take risks sometimes when they are necessary to achieve my goal.

    I admit that I have designed a lot of things, written curriculums and put in place a teaching system for various institutions, but I also take into account the impacts on others and often tweak and refine as I go along. As an artist and writer I have to be able to also predict how people will respond both intellectually and emotionally to my work.

    Okay, I've got to get ready for work now. Thanks so much for letting me yammer on about me. LOL. I sound egotistical but really, I'm not anymore so than most people. I just know its a human weakness or strength, depending on how you look at it, to be most interested when the topic at hand contains a personal interest or stake.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  10. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Yeah, I know.

    I consciously work to push past it, overcome one's fears, that sort of thing. A lot of people think I'm extroverted. They don't see the recovery time or how I stay up into the wee hours of the night just to re-center myself. I've been told by many people that I am charming, but even so, being around people for extended periods of time without those precious stolen moments of quiet stillness would cause me to come unraveled. The things I do, I do with intent and purpose, I do because to me, they are a part of a bigger picture. I rarely do anything without a long-range goal in mind. I'm constantly, and I do mean constantly, planning and predicting. I am also a very calm and calculated person, for the most part. However, I do take risks sometimes when they are necessary to achieve my goal.
    I can see why you type as INFJ in MBTI... as for socionics, right now I'm only sure about INFx but I thought there were some Fi themes in your posts earlier.


    I admit that I have designed a lot of things, written curriculums and put in place a teaching system for various institutions, but I also take into account the impacts on others and often tweak and refine as I go along. As an artist and writer I have to be able to also predict how people will respond both intellectually and emotionally to my work.
    You still sound strong NF in any of these personality systems


    Okay, I've got to get ready for work now. Thanks so much for letting me yammer on about me. LOL. I sound egotistical but really, I'm not anymore so than most people. I just know its a human weakness or strength, depending on how you look at it, to be most interested when the topic at hand contains a personal interest or stake.
    No worries, this forum is exactly for that, sharing stuff about each other and analyse it to death etc.

Similar Threads

  1. Find Out Your MBTI Type [ProProfs]
    By Nørrsken in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 06:17 AM
  2. Easy Function Descriptions! Totally legit! Figure out your true type! etc.
    By Jeremy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 07:30 PM
  3. Is there a test you can do to find out your friends type?
    By Thinkaboutit in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
  4. A simple way to figure out your Enneagram type
    By evilrobot in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 06:50 PM
  5. How did you find out your type?
    By Economica in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO