User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 207

  1. #111
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I was asking why you contrasted 8w7 and 7w8 in that context. :p

    Like, you meant one of them is more light-hearted?
    Well, 7s are usually perceived as more playful than 8s who are more agenda-focused.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    Well, 7s are usually perceived as more playful than 8s who are more agenda-focused.
    I was guessing you were thinking of that. Though I saw some 8w7 profile along the lines of stuff "Can be forceful but with a light touch, funny" *shrug*

  3. #113
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I was guessing you were thinking of that. Though I saw some 8w7 profile along the lines of stuff "Can be forceful but with a light touch, funny" *shrug*
    Odd, considering both 7 and 8 are part of the 'assertive' triad. But we digress.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    Odd, considering both 7 and 8 are part of the 'assertive' triad. But we digress.
    Well I don't find it too odd. It's not like an id type is raging all the goddamn time.

    But yeah that's not socionics. Do you do enneagram typing too? :p

  5. #115
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Well I don't find it too odd. It's not like an id type is raging all the goddamn time.

    But yeah that's not socionics. Do you do enneagram typing too? :p
    No, I don't find the theory meaty enough for my tastes, plus I don't really think it's meant to deal with personality so much as fears/desires.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    No, I don't find the theory meaty enough for my tastes, plus I don't really think it's meant to deal with personality so much as fears/desires.
    And you're only interested in personality? I see. I like exactly that stuff in it though

    Anyway thanks again for the socionics typing :p

  7. #117
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    And you're only interested in personality? I see. I like exactly that stuff in it though

    Anyway thanks again for the socionics typing :p
    I'm interested in a lot of things but I'm not sure where the fears and desires of Enneagram start to just merge with Socionics leading and vulnerable functions. If one sees fears and desires as being part of personality, Enneagram could really just be absorbed into Socionics and I think that would be a better outcome than preserving the two theories side by side. I also doubt things in the Enneagram like an absence of a nitty gritty structure to determine why there are exactly 9 fears/desires.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    I'm interested in a lot of things but I'm not sure where the fears and desires of Enneagram start to just merge with Socionics leading and vulnerable functions. If one sees fears and desires as being part of personality, Enneagram could really just be absorbed into Socionics and I think that would be a better outcome than preserving the two theories side by side. I also doubt things in the Enneagram like an absence of a nitty gritty structure to determine why there are exactly 9 fears/desires.
    Well why are there exactly 8 functions?

    As for merging it with socionics, I did notice the two can overlap here and there... I just don't see the enneagram motivations lining up so totally neatly with leading/vulnerable etc...

  9. #119
    Senior Member edchidna1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Well why are there exactly 8 functions?

    As for merging it with socionics, I did notice the two can overlap here and there... I just don't see the enneagram motivations lining up so totally neatly with leading/vulnerable etc...
    Well, there are 8 IM elements because...

    1. We either perceive information or evaluate information.
    2. We perceive either concrete information or abstract information.
    3. We evaluate information either sentimentally or logically.
    4. We take either a focused or broad scope when perceiving and evaluating.

    This leads to a 2x2x2 effect which leads to 8.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  10. #120

Similar Threads

  1. Find Out Your MBTI Type [ProProfs]
    By Nørrsken in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 06:17 AM
  2. Easy Function Descriptions! Totally legit! Figure out your true type! etc.
    By Jeremy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 07:30 PM
  3. Is there a test you can do to find out your friends type?
    By Thinkaboutit in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
  4. A simple way to figure out your Enneagram type
    By evilrobot in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 06:50 PM
  5. How did you find out your type?
    By Economica in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO