• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Video Questionnaire - Find out your Socionics Type

G

garbage

Yet, none of it makes sense to me. o_O

Not the MBTI one either :p
Psychological distance is about the best way I've seen it described. From that distance comes valuation of what's good and bad, who to trust and who not to, awareness in interpersonal relationships, and so on.

MBTI could learn a thing or two from that definition.
I see what you mean but I don't think it's a good idea to pre-determine number of factors in this way.
It's not about predetermining the number of traits in a typology; the number of traits should be determined by how many are needed to describe the system. For example, NEO-PI has three, and it considers those three to be comprehensive. NEO-PI-R (a revised NEO-PI) expands the picture to five--which happen to be the same five that the Big Five captures.

If there were a sixth or seventh, they should be captured as well.
Btw... Big Five theory actually isn't about just 5 traits, it's just the five ones at the top of all analysed personality traits structured in a way.
I'm not so sure about that one. It ties into the notion that the number of traits should emerge from the study of personality--the Big Five does indeed view the five traits to be comprehensive.

http://psychology.about.com/od/personalitydevelopment/a/bigfive.htm
Today, many researchers believe that [there] are five core personality traits. Evidence of this theory has been growing over the past 50 years, beginning with the research of D. W. Fiske (1949) and later expanded upon by other researchers including Norman (1967), Smith (1967), Goldberg (1981), and McCrae & Costa (1987).

There are, however, sub-traits of those five--e.g. Gregariousness as a sub-trait of Extroversion.
As for the issue of correlations between factors, MBTI has that issue. Maybe the others too.
It certainly does. The potential for intercorrelations is also a criticism of the Big Five (though more study would have to be done to determine whether there are intercorrelations and, if so, to refine the system--and perhaps refining the system would lead to a sixth or seventh trait).
You could still add more types without changing the currently existing integration/disintegration lines, just make a new group of the new types... like 3-6-9 is a separate group from the other 6 types.

What did you mean about subdividing the circle in ways that would make sense?
I wish I could take a picture of Naranjo's circle diagram to illustrate, but that circle shows disorders as a continuum. If too many disorders were grouped into one type (say, if type 8 included everything from moping around to hyperarousal to alienation to vanity), then it'd be better and more descriptive to split that type up.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Psychological distance is about the best way I've seen it described. From that distance comes valuation of what's good and bad, who to trust and who not to, awareness in interpersonal relationships, and so on.

MBTI could learn a thing or two from that definition.

Yeah I'm not saying it's a bad definition

I guess I just find it funny how well the system describes me in terms of not understanding those things :) (Um, not that I have a problem with deciding who to trust, there's an easy way to simplify that :D )

It's not about predetermining the number of traits in a typology; the number of traits should be determined by how many are needed to describe the system. For example, NEO-PI has three, and it considers those three to be comprehensive. NEO-PI-R (a revised NEO-PI) expands the picture to five--which happen to be the same five that the Big Five captures.

If there were a sixth or seventh, they should be captured as well.

Ok, well, how do you determine what's comprehensive enough?

It certainly does. The potential for intercorrelations is also a criticism of the Big Five (though more study would have to be done to determine whether there are intercorrelations and, if so, to refine the system--and perhaps refining the system would lead to a sixth or seventh trait).

Quite honestly I don't believe in Big Five. It's got no real theory behind it.

I wish I could take a picture of Naranjo's circle diagram to illustrate, but that circle shows disorders as a continuum. If too many disorders were grouped into one type (say, if type 8 included everything from moping around to hyperarousal to alienation to vanity), then it'd be better and more descriptive to split that type up.

I think I saw that one. I can't recall right now if there's only 9 disorders though :p

I do see some types (as in Naranjo's book) as made up from more than one such factor...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'll need you to post a link in the comments section to a Youtube video of yourself answering this questionnaire.

Guidlines

Try and put the video at around 15-20 minutes. These are clusters of related questions, looking for long, general answers rather than anything too curt or precise. You don't have to answer all the questions and may put in other stuff that feels natural to you.

Try to relax and be aware that everything from the buttons on your coat to your nervous chuckle are being carefully scrutinised.

What I'm not going to do is type you based on your facial features. That's not what mainstream Socionics is about.

Questions
How did you get into typology? What interested you about psychology?
What do you do for a living? What do you do for a college degree? Do you like your job? Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why? What are you like when doing your job? Are you much different at home?
What aspects of your life are you especially good with? What do you feel that you are especially bad at? What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?
What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.

I realize I told you I'd make a video and I have truly meant to do so but due to the enormous demands of teaching full time and opening my own martial arts school, which required me to renovate a building first, I have been pressed for spare time to sit down and make a video. Because unlike with typing, it takes me two hours to make a two minute video. Besides, I get nervous on video and am less likely to be myself. i keep messing up and then theres the upload time. Therefore, I've opted to just answer the questions and provide you with a link to previous short clips I made.

1. How did I get into typology? I attended a seminar on temperament where the presenter informed me that I HAD to be sanguine because there was a teddy bear on my sweater. I decided right there on the spot, that she was making an unfounded assumption so I set out to learn about personalities and the quest eventually led me to discovering, among other things, MBTI and typology central.

2.What interested you about psychology? I am a teacher and a writer. It only makes sense that being able to see various ways of viewing the world would be a great asset to me. A large part of being an effective teacher involves understanding the human psyche and cognitive processes and functions. As a writer, it allows me to write realistic characters from places I've never been for people I've never met and still form a bond with my reader, based solely on understanding human personalities.

3. What do you do for a living? A.I teach in an elementary school. B. I write novels. C. I paint on commission C. I am the founder and owner of a Kung fu school that also offers classes in guitar, voice and visual arts. I teach there each day for two hours AFTER I get off from my regular job. I have a business partner ( another instructor), two secretaries and two other instructors. In addition to that, I do all sorts of unique jobs as the need or opportunity arises. I have a wide variety of skills and speak several languages

4. What do you do for a college degree? I have a Masters Degree and am currently working via online courses for an endorsement to teach gifted and talented.

5. Do you like your job? Certainly. Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Writing til noon everyday then teaching in the Kung fu school each afternoon. BUT my job in the public school touches lots of lives and provides the necessary funds to support my other endeavors.

6. What ate you like when doing your job? Approachable. I strive to meet people where they're at, to see their strengths and utilize them. I encourage my students and my workers but I will also call their hand for being disrespectful, etc. In the martial arts school I have a CODE and its on the wall. I refer back to it and uphold it as a standard. I also have a set of written policies and procedures which I hold both staff and students to. At the elementary school, I'm pretty much the same. As an artist/writer, I'm thorough and will not settle for less than my absolute best. However, I am kind, soft-spoken and funny. People don't see me as a "leader" at first, but those who join up with me, do so because they respect me and they know I respect them. I will hold them accountable but I will never call them out or humiliate them in front of others.That doesn't mean I won't correct them in front of the others. I will. It only means that I target the inappropriate behavior, not the person. I'm very objective at work, always open to laughter, yet very task oriented. I lead by example and would never ask another to do what I wouldn't be willing to do myself. I am fair but don't treat everyone the same. I try instead to treat everyone in a way that brings out that particular person's strengths. I am "sort" of organized, but not extremely so. That's why I wanted a sensor secretary and an ISTJ bookkeeper!

7. Are you much different at home? No, not much. Maybe a little goofier because I don't have to be as polished at home. My friends tell me that I am intimidating. I don't aim to be. I don't try to be. One male friend (6'2"...211lbs. Kung fu master) told me that I was the kind of girl that he would feel comfortable taking home to meet his mother and that whenever he was around me I made him " want to be good". I overheard another friend say something very similar and at first, it made me sad. I don't want my friends and family to feel they have to be good to impress me. I just want them to be themselves and I'm the most nonjudgmental person irl. Yet, people, lots of people, feel the need to be different than they normally are when I'm around. One guy told me, "It's hard to be around you because I feel I'm always in your shadow. Everybody loves you." So, I'm aware that on the one hand I'm easy to be around for the short mile because I'm easy to talk to but I'm hard to live with because I'm easy to be around, if that makes sense. The other issue I find is that I believe every person deserves basic human respect, so I may approach that lonely guy (or girl...happens with women, too) in the corner, offer him a cup of coffee and comment on the weather or the rooms decor or something else and then he thinks I want to go home with him or something and walks away saying, "but you were nice to me." Then I have to explain that I don't see him or her in that way. I think some people are so attention deprived that when someone treats them like a real person, they don't know how to take it.

8. What aspects of your life do you feel you're especially good at? time management. I can get enormous amounts of stuff done in amazingly short amounts of time. Money management. I can get a Big Bang for a little buck. Personal growth. Whatever I decide needs to change about me, I begin to work on it and stay the course for the duration of however long it takes. Bringing out the best in my students. Creativity...I'm very creative. What do you feel you are especially bad at? Small talk. Mundane chores, like keeping up with the mountains, and I do mean mountains, of forms, memos, notes, files, emails, letters, etc. that I am swamped with on a daily basis. Sometimes, even the amount of junk mail is overwhelming. Having to be a "sales person" after I've created a project. Getting out there and pushing it is hard for me, but I do it, because I have to, but I don't love it...not really. I wish someone else could do those things for me, but the hard truth about the art/ writing world is this: unless you land a miraculous contract, you've got to do your own promotions. Other things I'm bad at...I suck at bowling and at playing pool.

what have you done to draw the admiration of others? gave all the proceeds from one of my novels to help cancer patients, I teach (there's always both praise and criticism associated with that), put myself through college despite great personal tragedies, wrote novels, won literary awards...mostly just lived and acted like me. what did you do to draw criticism? Sadly, the most and severest criticism I've received had been over mundane stuff...like the teacher who blasted me for not having my mailboxes in an order she understood and the mom who freaked out and wanted to have me fired because I told her I wasn't terribly concerned about the spelling on a fourth grade history quiz, that I was only concerned that her son knew who Ferdinand Magellan was, even if he did misspell the name. She was severely OCD and I had no idea she stayed up nights ironing wash cloths and obsessing about soup can labels and looking up every word on her son's history papers to make sure I didn't miss anything. She became obsessed with finding fault with me, so for nine months I lived under her magnifying glass. If I didn't part my hair right or iron my dress to suit her she was in the principal's office. So, people with obsessive Si tendencies tend to find fault with me, not with my character or integrity, but with my lack of concern over wether or not a binder full of irrelevant crap is color coded or not! So, extreme nit picky, mundane stuff is the blight of my life. The principal that year called me in and reprimanded me for being like a brain surgeon. "You are brilliant, but it doesn't matter because you sometimes come across as scattered and while that's acceptable in brain surgeons, it isn't valued so much in teachers. It's all about how you present yourself" Seriously, he told me that. I replied, "I don't want to look good. I want to BE good." He really didn't know what to do with me after that. He's gone. I'm still teaching and my new principal tells me, "You're brilliant!" And she highly values that I spend more time discovering each students unique learning style than I do obsessing over color coded binders and small spelling errors on history tests.

what sort of environment do you feel most at home in? an environment of artists (including martial artists) writers, musicians and poets. The structure is there and there's a schedule, but it's flexible. The people are easy going. They sit around composing and singing and some just wander around by themselves, occasionally mingling with others. No two people are dressed the same, yet everybody has the appearance of freedom. It's a mellow environment. There's a sense of camradery and even brotherhood. Everyone comes and goes as they please. Everyone is accepted for who they are and no one is compared to anyone else. Each person is just herself, himself. There are a lot of people reading and there are small groups gathered in nooks and under trees and on benches, discussing astronomy and philosophy, theology and history and whatever they feel like discussing. There is no reason for anybody to show off, because this environment isn't about gaining control or proving your point. It's about learning and sharing. In this environment there are no competitions. They serve no purpose. So, I guess it's an atmosphere where creativity, knowledge, objectivity and self-mastery are highly valued.

Here's the video link. Just scroll down until you find it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25420&page=271

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I realize I told you I'd make a video and I have truly meant to do so but due to the enormous demands of teaching full time and opening my own martial arts school, which required me to renovate a building first, I have been pressed for spare time to sit down and make a video. Because unlike with typing, it takes me two hours to make a two minute video. Besides, I get nervous on video and am less likely to be myself. i keep messing up and then theres the upload time. Therefore, I've opted to just answer the questions and provide you with a link to previous short clips I made.

1. How did I get into typology? I attended a seminar on temperament where the presenter informed me that I HAD to be sanguine because there was a teddy bear on my sweater. I decided right there on the spot, that she was making an unfounded assumption so I set out to learn about personalities and the quest eventually led me to discovering, among other things, MBTI and typology central.

2.What interested you about psychology? I am a teacher and a writer. It only makes sense that being able to see various ways of viewing the world would be a great asset to me. A large part of being an effective teacher involves understanding the human psyche and cognitive processes and functions. As a writer, it allows me to write realistic characters from places I've never been for people I've never met and still form a bond with my reader, based solely on understanding human personalities.

3. What do you do for a living? A.I teach in an elementary school. B. I write novels. C. I paint on commission C. I am the founder and owner of a Kung fu school that also offers classes in guitar, voice and visual arts. I teach there each day for two hours AFTER I get off from my regular job. I have a business partner ( another instructor), two secretaries and two other instructors. In addition to that, I do all sorts of unique jobs as the need or opportunity arises. I have a wide variety of skills and speak several languages

4. What do you do for a college degree? I have a Masters Degree and am currently working via online courses for an endorsement to teach gifted and talented.

5. Do you like your job? Certainly. Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Writing til noon everyday then teaching in the Kung fu school each afternoon. BUT my job in the public school touches lots of lives and provides the necessary funds to support my other endeavors.

6. What ate you like when doing your job? Approachable. I strive to meet people where they're at, to see their strengths and utilize them. I encourage my students and my workers but I will also call their hand for being disrespectful, etc. In the martial arts school I have a CODE and its on the wall. I refer back to it and uphold it as a standard. I also have a set of written policies and procedures which I hold both staff and students to. At the elementary school, I'm pretty much the same. As an artist/writer, I'm thorough and will not settle for less than my absolute best. However, I am kind, soft-spoken and funny. People don't see me as a "leader" at first, but those who join up with me, do so because they respect me and they know I respect them. I will hold them accountable but I will never call them out or humiliate them in front of others.That doesn't mean I won't correct them in front of the others. I will. It only means that I target the inappropriate behavior, not the person. I'm very objective at work, always open to laughter, yet very task oriented. I lead by example and would never ask another to do what I wouldn't be willing to do myself. I am fair but don't treat everyone the same. I try instead to treat everyone in a way that brings out that particular person's strengths. I am "sort" of organized, but not extremely so. That's why I wanted a sensor secretary and an ISTJ bookkeeper!

7. Are you much different at home? No, not much. Maybe a little goofier because I don't have to be as polished at home. My friends tell me that I am intimidating. I don't aim to be. I don't try to be. One male friend (6'2"...211lbs. Kung fu master) told me that I was the kind of girl that he would feel comfortable taking home to meet his mother and that whenever he was around me I made him " want to be good". I overheard another friend say something very similar and at first, it made me sad. I don't want my friends and family to feel they have to be good to impress me. I just want them to be themselves and I'm the most nonjudgmental person irl. Yet, people, lots of people, feel the need to be different than they normally are when I'm around. One guy told me, "It's hard to be around you because I feel I'm always in your shadow. Everybody loves you." So, I'm aware that on the one hand I'm easy to be around for the short mile because I'm easy to talk to but I'm hard to live with because I'm easy to be around, if that makes sense. The other issue I find is that I believe every person deserves basic human respect, so I may approach that lonely guy (or girl...happens with women, too) in the corner, offer him a cup of coffee and comment on the weather or the rooms decor or something else and then he thinks I want to go home with him or something and walks away saying, "but you were nice to me." Then I have to explain that I don't see him or her in that way. I think some people are so attention deprived that when someone treats them like a real person, they don't know how to take it.

8. What aspects of your life do you feel you're especially good at? time management. I can get enormous amounts of stuff done in amazingly short amounts of time. Money management. I can get a Big Bang for a little buck. Personal growth. Whatever I decide needs to change about me, I begin to work on it and stay the course for the duration of however long it takes. Bringing out the best in my students. Creativity...I'm very creative. What do you feel you are especially bad at? Small talk. Mundane chores, like keeping up with the mountains, and I do mean mountains, of forms, memos, notes, files, emails, letters, etc. that I am swamped with on a daily basis. Sometimes, even the amount of junk mail is overwhelming. Having to be a "sales person" after I've created a project. Getting out there and pushing it is hard for me, but I do it, because I have to, but I don't love it...not really. I wish someone else could do those things for me, but the hard truth about the art/ writing world is this: unless you land a miraculous contract, you've got to do your own promotions. Other things I'm bad at...I suck at bowling and at playing pool.

what have you done to draw the admiration of others? gave all the proceeds from one of my novels to help cancer patients, I teach (there's always both praise and criticism associated with that), put myself through college despite great personal tragedies, wrote novels, won literary awards...mostly just lived and acted like me. what did you do to draw criticism? Sadly, the most and severest criticism I've received had been over mundane stuff...like the teacher who blasted me for not having my mailboxes in an order she understood and the mom who freaked out and wanted to have me fired because I told her I wasn't terribly concerned about the spelling on a fourth grade history quiz, that I was only concerned that her son knew who Ferdinand Magellan was, even if he did misspell the name. She was severely OCD and I had no idea she stayed up nights ironing wash cloths and obsessing about soup can labels and looking up every word on her son's history papers to make sure I didn't miss anything. She became obsessed with finding fault with me, so for nine months I lived under her magnifying glass. If I didn't part my hair right or iron my dress to suit her she was in the principal's office. So, people with obsessive Si tendencies tend to find fault with me, not with my character or integrity, but with my lack of concern over wether or not a binder full of irrelevant crap is color coded or not! So, extreme nit picky, mundane stuff is the blight of my life. The principal that year called me in and reprimanded me for being like a brain surgeon. "You are brilliant, but it doesn't matter because you sometimes come across as scattered and while that's acceptable in brain surgeons, it isn't valued so much in teachers. It's all about how you present yourself" Seriously, he told me that. I replied, "I don't want to look good. I want to BE good." He really didn't know what to do with me after that. He's gone. I'm still teaching and my new principal tells me, "You're brilliant!" And she highly values that I spend more time discovering each students unique learning style than I do obsessing over color coded binders and small spelling errors on history tests.

what sort of environment do you feel most at home in? an environment of artists (including martial artists) writers, musicians and poets. The structure is there and there's a schedule, but it's flexible. The people are easy going. They sit around composing and singing and some just wander around by themselves, occasionally mingling with others. No two people are dressed the same, yet everybody has the appearance of freedom. It's a mellow environment. There's a sense of camradery and even brotherhood. Everyone comes and goes as they please. Everyone is accepted for who they are and no one is compared to anyone else. Each person is just herself, himself. There are a lot of people reading and there are small groups gathered in nooks and under trees and on benches, discussing astronomy and philosophy, theology and history and whatever they feel like discussing. There is no reason for anybody to show off, because this environment isn't about gaining control or proving your point. It's about learning and sharing. In this environment there are no competitions. They serve no purpose. So, I guess it's an atmosphere where creativity, knowledge, objectivity and self-mastery are highly valued.

Here's the video link. Just scroll down until you find it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25420&page=271

Thankyou [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]

Well, the guy was wrong, you're not Sanguine. You're actually pretty Choleric from what I can see here.

You're very task-oriented, very busy. You seem very focused on business, getting things done productively, keeping multiple projects running efficiently at the same time etc. This all points to someone Extroverted and Rational, specifically Te leading.

Your Achilles heel definitely seems to be Si. Although disciplined and able to work effectively, things like day to day tasks and present aesthetic are draining and seem pointless to you. You seem to be more interested in the productivity long term, rather than your projects looking nice and neat in the day to day.

You seem to need someone else with the sales part of your business, someone who can push things onto people i.e. someone with good Se and Fi, showing Gamma values with your strong Te and Ni.

Overall, I'd say LIE is a likely type for you.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LIE-ENTj/
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/323-ENTj-The-Entrepreneur-profile-by-Gulenko
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/124-Jack-Female-Portrait-ENTj-by-Beskova

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks, [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] I have scored LII, ILI and LIE on the online tests, but does LIE correspond to ENTJ or is there really no big correspondence? Also, did u get to see the short video clips in the link?

Last edited:

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a teacher and a writer. It only makes sense that being able to see various ways of viewing the world would be a great asset to me. A large part of being an effective teacher involves understanding the human psyche and cognitive processes and functions. As a writer, it allows me to write realistic characters from places I've never been for people I've never met and still form a bond with my reader, based solely on understanding human personalities.

Ene said:
One male friend (6'2"...211lbs. Kung fu master) told me that I was the kind of girl that he would feel comfortable taking home to meet his mother and that whenever he was around me I made him " want to be good". I overheard another friend say something very similar and at first, it made me sad. I don't want my friends and family to feel they have to be good to impress me. I just want them to be themselves and I'm the most nonjudgmental person irl. Yet, people, lots of people, feel the need to be different than they normally are when I'm around. One guy told me, "It's hard to be around you because I feel I'm always in your shadow. Everybody loves you."

Ene said:
The other issue I find is that I believe every person deserves basic human respect, so I may approach that lonely guy (or girl...happens with women, too) in the corner, offer him a cup of coffee and comment on the weather or the rooms decor or something else and then he thinks I want to go home with him or something and walks away saying, "but you were nice to me." Then I have to explain that I don't see him or her in that way. I think some people are so attention deprived that when someone treats them like a real person, they don't know how to take it.

Ene said:
"You are brilliant, but it doesn't matter because you sometimes come across as scattered and while that's acceptable in brain surgeons, it isn't valued so much in teachers. It's all about how you present yourself" Seriously, he told me that. I replied, "I don't want to look good. I want to BE good." He really didn't know what to do with me after that. He's gone. I'm still teaching and my new principal tells me, "You're brilliant!" And she highly values that I spend more time discovering each students unique learning style than I do obsessing over color coded binders and small spelling errors on history tests.

[MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] Is this really what LIE is like?

I see loads of Fi; and Se devaluing

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Knowing me...I lean more towards the Introverted spectrum.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Knowing me...I lean more towards the Introverted spectrum.

OK I will say it I actually thought this was a lot of Fi-leading stuff :p

Though you didn't sound socially introverted but that's something else anyway..

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
OK I will say it I actually thought this was a lot of Fi-leading stuff :p

Though you didn't sound socially introverted but that's something else anyway..

Yeah, I know.

I consciously work to push past it, overcome one's fears, that sort of thing. A lot of people think I'm extroverted. They don't see the recovery time or how I stay up into the wee hours of the night just to re-center myself. I've been told by many people that I am charming, but even so, being around people for extended periods of time without those precious stolen moments of quiet stillness would cause me to come unraveled. The things I do, I do with intent and purpose, I do because to me, they are a part of a bigger picture. I rarely do anything without a long-range goal in mind. I'm constantly, and I do mean constantly, planning and predicting. I am also a very calm and calculated person, for the most part. However, I do take risks sometimes when they are necessary to achieve my goal.

I admit that I have designed a lot of things, written curriculums and put in place a teaching system for various institutions, but I also take into account the impacts on others and often tweak and refine as I go along. As an artist and writer I have to be able to also predict how people will respond both intellectually and emotionally to my work.

Okay, I've got to get ready for work now. Thanks so much for letting me yammer on about me. LOL. I sound egotistical but really, I'm not anymore so than most people. I just know its a human weakness or strength, depending on how you look at it, to be most interested when the topic at hand contains a personal interest or stake.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I know.

I consciously work to push past it, overcome one's fears, that sort of thing. A lot of people think I'm extroverted. They don't see the recovery time or how I stay up into the wee hours of the night just to re-center myself. I've been told by many people that I am charming, but even so, being around people for extended periods of time without those precious stolen moments of quiet stillness would cause me to come unraveled. The things I do, I do with intent and purpose, I do because to me, they are a part of a bigger picture. I rarely do anything without a long-range goal in mind. I'm constantly, and I do mean constantly, planning and predicting. I am also a very calm and calculated person, for the most part. However, I do take risks sometimes when they are necessary to achieve my goal.

I can see why you type as INFJ in MBTI... as for socionics, right now I'm only sure about INFx but I thought there were some Fi themes in your posts earlier.

I admit that I have designed a lot of things, written curriculums and put in place a teaching system for various institutions, but I also take into account the impacts on others and often tweak and refine as I go along. As an artist and writer I have to be able to also predict how people will respond both intellectually and emotionally to my work.

You still sound strong NF in any of these personality systems :)

Okay, I've got to get ready for work now. Thanks so much for letting me yammer on about me. LOL. I sound egotistical but really, I'm not anymore so than most people. I just know its a human weakness or strength, depending on how you look at it, to be most interested when the topic at hand contains a personal interest or stake.

No worries, this forum is exactly for that, sharing stuff about each other and analyse it to death etc. :D

S

Stansmith

My guess is SLI. You talk a lot about the aesthetic, wanting to enjoy the moment and catch it on camera. This points at least to a highly valued Si.

You're not organised though. While this does not rule out SLI it does make me wonder about how you would use Te. You could be SEI but you didn't seem to have much emotionality, just this very laid-back, almost sleepy demeanour in your voice.

I don't think I have enough information. The sound recording was also rather hard to hear.

This laid-back approach to the task could also point to SLI or SEI.

Interesting. I can relate to the SEI-Si description:

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov
Appearance

In interaction seems calm and soft. Industrious, practical, does everything with a sense of refined taste. Often engages in fine arts as a hobby. Well-wishing, tactful, unimposing; with his presence he pacifies others. Tries to sympathize with other people, assist them and provide advice. Loves rest and comfort. Likes talking about his sensations, attentively questions his conversation partner in regard to his or her affairs. Slightly delayed in his behavior and conversation, sometimes stretches out his words, with difficulty formulates his thoughts. Even if he is speaking quickly will not hasten to end the conversation. Able to speak about the same subject very comprehensively and at great length. Often smiles with confidence, nods his head as a sign of support. Movements are smooth, refined, somewhat sluggish, may appear to waddle, "walk like a duck". Does not like to claim the spotlight, but his well combined clothing and accessories nevertheless attract attention.
Character

Very much aware of harmony in communication. Amiable, will try to find a method to find rapport with anyone. Attentive and caring towards others people, very considerate of their conveniences. Inquisitive, collects various information and shares it with others. Critically evaluates what he hears. Does not like exaggeration, hype - needs facts and justifications. He enjoys when someone argues with him a little, enlivening the conversation, but poorly tolerates people who are aggressive and avoids serious quarrels. In business matters prefers to negotiate at an informal level. Knows how to patiently persuade a person to take on a beneficial or profitable project, but doesn't always notice which undertakings are actually promising. Thus, he can be hesitant in starting on new projects, afraid of making mistakes and feeling at fault. Values his peace and knows how to move away from any sources of irritation.

Tries under any circumstances to not lose his sense of measure. Keeps neutral in debates. Even when he has to insist on and defend his own opinions, he is able to maintain good relations with everyone. Often acts as a peacekeeper, trying to convince other people to agree to a compromise and come to mutual accord. Doesn't find it easy to deny a person's request, to push someone away, thus is often careful at the beginning of a conversation. Dislikes people who are clingy and imposing. With difficulty determines what a person is capable of and what to expect from him, though he appreciates talented and original individuals. Usually does not criticize anyone and dislikes it when other people are criticized in his presence. May be impatient as a listener. Does not like to compete or to coerce others into doing things against their own will. Has difficulties asserting and defending the interest of his business matters if he is unable to find agreement on an informal level.

Has a good memory for sensations: sounds, colors, and smells. Able to describe events in great detail. Loves nature and good aesthetics in any manifestation. Gravitates towards pleasant experiences. Dresses tastefully. Has an inclination for following the latest styles. Loves comfort and aesthetics, various original decorations. Industrious, loves doing something with his hands. Everything that he takes up does with a sense of taste investing his heart and soul. Does not like commitments and giving promises, since he is afraid that he won't be able to fulfill them. On some he can make an impression of a passive and inert person, since he doesn't see the point in empty hassle and pointless expenditure of efforts. Due to this, often acquires the reputation of a talented slouch, who takes up a philosophical, contemplative stance in life. Strives for good quality of life.

Warm, gentle, charming, seeks to be in accord and harmony with his environment. Pays attention to manners and behavior of others and evaluates them in his mind. Tries not to burden others with his requests, asks for help only in extreme cases. Generally, will not attempt to draw attention to himself when he feels that nobody is interested in him. Dislikes talking about his failures. By nature private, sensitive, and easily wounded. Turns for help only to people who are close to him and who have proven themselves. Hospitable, likes when food is cooked deliciously and served with appeal. If he is to receive important guests or visitors, spends a lot of time and effort on such occasions, and thus rarely agrees to such events.
Description by Victor Gulenko

Possess a good aesthetical taste; this can manifest in their clothing, interior decoration, and job. This artist is frequently drawn to depicting landscapes and still lifes. They are a judge of the savoir vivre; for them, comfort is very important. They are sybarites and take care of their external appearance. They are hedonists, and they love to provide pleasure both to themselves and to others. Outwardly, they are a bit more stout than the ethical subtype.
Sexual behavior

They are very sexual, inventive and diverse in their intimate plans. Although appearing soft, they persistently display initiative in the approach. Knows how to persuade. Diplomatic and farsighted; love stability in relations and will not easily forgive betrayal. They are inclined to emotional enthusiasm, but do not always follow the call of their feelings. They need someone capable of winning their respect and admiration through uncommon abilities – these will aid for a long time in preserving their interest.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION] Is this really what LIE is like?

I see loads of Fi; and Se devaluing

I'm back! No, there isn't much Se valuing. There's martial arts but her ideal place is actually quite Se-phobic. Yes! Fi!!

I was talking to an IEE the other day who was also highly productive. I think it's quite possible [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] is an IEE with strong development of her Te.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm back! No, there isn't much Se valuing. There's martial arts but her ideal place is actually quite Se-phobic. Yes! Fi!!

I was talking to an IEE the other day who was also highly productive. I think it's quite possible [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] is an IEE with strong development of her Te.

Hey, it could be possible, it's not likely. Thanks, though, for taking the time to analyze strangers.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, it could be possible, it's not likely. Thanks, though, for taking the time to analyze strangers.

That's because IEE is extraverted and you see yourself as an introvert, right?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, it's because I as a child I was severely Ni dominant.

I am somewhat introverted. I think of time alone as a treasure and I literally bask in it sometimes, especially after having been surrounded by many people. I plan and make sacrifices just so I can be alone sometimes.

I need time to recenter myself, recharge. I consider the things I do that appear to be extroverted as sacrifices for the greater good. I believe that if I have the ability to make a lasting contribution to the world then I also have the responsibility to make a lasting contribution. Sometimes, that requires me going by conviction rather than what's comfortable and easy for me and in so doing, I occasionally get mistaken for an extrovert.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I am somewhat introverted. I think of time alone as a treasure and I literally bask in it sometimes, especially after having been surrounded by many people. I plan and make sacrifices just so I can be alone sometimes.

I need time to recenter myself, recharge. I consider the things I do that appear to be extroverted as sacrifices for the greater good. I believe that if I have the ability to make a lasting contribution to the world then I also have the responsibility to make a lasting contribution. Sometimes, that requires me going by conviction rather than what's comfortable and easy for me and in so doing, I occasionally get mistaken for an extrovert.

I feel the same sense of duty towards the world.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ni in the jungian sense right, not socionics? Or that too?

Maybe that introversion is your 5 in enneagram (and some superego type in enneagram additionally, really really strong superego there). Or just MBTI introversion. :) In socionics, people with leading introverted functions aren't necessarily social introverts and the same for people leading with extraverted functions of course, they can be socially introverts.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Ni in the jungian sense right, not socionics? Or that too?
Maybe that introversion is your 5 in enneagram (and some superego type in enneagram additionally, really really strong superego there). Or just MBTI introversion. :) In socionics, people with leading introverted functions aren't necessarily social introverts and the same for people leading with extraverted functions of course, they can be socially introverts.

Yes, in the Jungian function. I just took a socionics test and got LII. So, I took another and got LIE. These two seem to have a consistent appearance across the board, yet, I'm not entirely certain. I'm fairly certain of the enneagram 5.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, in the Jungian function. I just took a socionics test and got LII. So, I took another and got LIE. These two seem to have a consistent appearance across the board, yet, I'm not entirely certain. I'm fairly certain of the enneagram 5.

Well LII and LIE aren't all that similar in socionics. :eek: Tests aren't necessarily any good if it gives such variability in results.