First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Things of desire, is this a Fi thing? Just because the bolded fits me really really well at times. None of the rest really does, though I got, among other types, both gamma SF types in a test.

PS: Btw @edchidna1000, the link in your profile does not work
    It's more an Se thing... they see, they want, they take. I meant it in terms of an appetite for things, bringing the motivation to do what is necessary to acquire the thing of desire.

Fi is more about judging things of value... this is a 'good' thing.. this is a 'bad' thing. SEEs tend to use this in terms of ascertaining their sentiments towards others, allowing the forging of relationships that can aid them in getting what they want.

Thanks, I'll sort that out.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    It's more an Se thing... they see, they want, they take. I meant it in terms of an appetite for things, bringing the motivation to do what is necessary to acquire the thing of desire.
    OK I relate to that

Fi is more about judging things of value... this is a 'good' thing.. this is a 'bad' thing. SEEs tend to use this in terms of ascertaining their sentiments towards others, allowing the forging of relationships that can aid them in getting what they want.
    That relationship manipulation... Sounds slightly psychopathic, hehe.

As for the judging of "good" and "bad" things, what kind of "good" and "bad"? More specifics please?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

As for the judging of "good" and "bad" things, what kind of "good" and "bad"? More specifics please?
    An Fi lead is all about their sentimental reactions towards things, whether they have a positive "good" or negative "bad" response. For instance, an Fi lead may judge someone to be a 'bad' person, because he has brought them a negative reaction. Someone who brings them positive reactions would be seen as 'good'. They may think that a proposed activity is "good" in that they think it is doing the "right" thing.

It's more complicated than this though. For instance, an Fi lead will have lots of different feelings towards different people... this person being this kind of friend, that person being that kind of friend, all deserving different treatments.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

An Fi lead is all about their sentimental reactions towards things, whether they have a positive "good" or negative "bad" response. For instance, an Fi lead may judge someone to be a 'bad' person, because he has brought them a negative reaction. Someone who brings them positive reactions would be seen as 'good'. They may think that a proposed activity is "good" in that they think it is doing the "right" thing.

It's more complicated than this though. For instance, an Fi lead will have lots of different feelings towards different people... this person being this kind of friend, that person being that kind of friend, all deserving different treatments.
    OK but how is this feeling of "good" and "bad" explained? Or does a snap judgment just happen based on reaction? Or, there's an intricate internal framework too? Where they can explain why something is good or right etc.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

this is really good. it's simplified, but there's an essential truth there.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

OK but how is this feeling of "good" and "bad" explained? Or does a snap judgment just happen based on reaction? Or, there's an intricate internal framework too? Where they can explain why something is good or right etc.
    Ti would be the explainable, detached judgement where something is 'correct' or 'incorrect' based on whether it contradicts the rules or not.

Fi would be the far harder to explain, personal judgement where what is 'good' and 'bad' comes from one's sentiments i.e. your personal sensibilities. It's a lot more limbic than logical.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Ti would be the explainable, detached judgement where something is 'correct' or 'incorrect' based on whether it contradicts the rules or not.

Fi would be the far harder to explain, personal judgement where what is 'good' and 'bad' comes from one's sentiments i.e. your personal sensibilities. It's a lot more limbic than logical.
    What's "personal sensibilities"?

Ti to me is pretty instinct based a lot of the time. Meaning I just automatically know and "feel" logic. But yes fleshing out the quick logical conclusions does require using this explainable detached process. In my case anyway.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Ti to me is pretty instinct based a lot of the time. Meaning I just automatically know and "feel" logic. But yes fleshing out the quick logical conclusions does require using this explainable detached process. In my case anyway.
    As in things that when violated cause a person to feel offended.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

As in things that when violated cause a person to feel offended.
    EDIT: nvm

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Ti isn't "logic" per se. It's an instinctive sense of the more sensible and fitting arrangement, but fleshing out what you think, formal logic, providing arguments and proofs, etc. any type can do this. EIIs and IEEs who train themselves in logical fallacies and logical discourse become very good at it despite having weak Ti. This means the Tx functions and "logic" are not the same thing.