User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Default Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

The duality relationship in Socionics is probably the most talked about and supposedly the strongest one.

"Meeting a dual, interacting with your dual, positive self-realization in a relationship knowing your dual (dualization), duality is the relationship of complete mutual complement…" (Read more here)

Do you feel that instant pull, that supposed connection when you meet someone who is your dual and what is it like? How do you know for sure? What is the dual connection about for you?

List of Duals, for those needing the reference. Keep in mind that your MBTI does not necessarily translate and feel free to check out the quadra threads and the identification thread for this, if need be.

LSE (ESTj) — EII (INFj)
    LIE (ENTj) — ESI (ISFj)
    ESE (ESFj) — LII (INTj)
    EIE (ENFj) — LSI (ISTj)
    SLE (ESTp) — IEI (INFp)
    SEE (ESFp) — ILI (INTp)
    ILE (ENTp) — SEI (ISFp)
    IEE (ENFp) — SLI (ISTp)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes by either the warped, obsessive fascination or searing white hatred and disgust that fills my soul.

Maybe I can change my type to ENTj instead.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

No. I'm not really sure how to spot an ESFJ, to be honest. I know as an INTP (Socionics INTj) I'm supposed to complain about them all the time (but secretly they're supposed to be exactly what I need), but I'm not really sure if I've interacted with them very much, except for maybe some teachers I may have had in grade school.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Keep in mind that your MBTI does not necessarily translate...
    Rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yes by either the warped, obsessive fascination or searing white hatred and disgust that fills my soul.
    This.

Just as our relationship with our own personal shadow can be negative (rejection/suppression) or positive (aspirational), so can be our relationship with our shadow type (i.e., dual). The trickiest part is really that third manifestation: subconscious compulsiveness. What Marm describes here first ("warped obsessive fascination") is some kind of combination of the aspirational and subconscious compulsive. What she describes second ("white hatred and disgust that fills my soul") is the rejection/suppression manifestation.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Im IEI, Zara, and ENFP in MBTI.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Im IEI, Zara, and ENFP in MBTI.
    You're identifying with Socionics descriptions of IEIs more than IEEs (for whatever reasons [not saying they're bad ones]).

Your Ni and Fe functions may be well-developed, but your dominant and auxiliary cognitive functions are Ne and Fi.

This doesn't change just because you move from one system to the next.

The two systems are talking about the same underlying reality.

Each system's lens just distorts that underlying reality differently.
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You're identifying with Socionics descriptions of IEIs more than IEEs (for whatever reasons [not saying they're bad ones]).

Your Ni and Fe functions may be well-developed, but your dominant and auxiliary cognitive functions are Ne and Fi.

This doesn't change just because you move from one system to the next.

The two systems are talking about the same underlying reality.

They just distort that underlying reality differently.
    Im Beta, not Delta. All NF descriptions resonate with me but IEI is the closest match. NeFi , the way it is described in socionics is something I can do, but does not come natural to me. And Ive read the function descriptions, they are not exact matches. Regardless of your or my opinion though, this is isnt what this thread is about. Feel free to make a new one, or attempt convincing me on my wall.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Im Beta, not Delta. All NF descriptions resonate with me but IEI is the closest match. NeFi , the way it is described in socionics is something I can do, but does not come natural to me. And Ive read the function descriptions, they are not exact matches. Regardless of your or my opinion though, this is isnt what this thread is about. Feel free to make a new one, or attempt convincing me on my wall.
    The Quadras are messy, screwed-up abstractions.

They try to combine two groups that have some similarities, but often have very opposite qualities as well.

(This actually relates to the thread, which is why I am still putting it here.)

Quadras contain each type's dual, and, like I said about the personal shadow and shadow types: the relationship is complicated.

Too complicated, in fact, to make a worthwhile abstraction (i.e., the quadras) without adding false details to individual types within the groupings.

For example:

4. Delta Quadra

Si and Te:
    Types from the Delta Quadra value pragmatism, hard work, beautifully functional items, and earthy humor and enjoy "productive" relationships where people do projects together. They are usually emotionally subdued and like to discuss topics seriously with the intention of implementing their conclusions.

Ne and Fi:
    Types of this quadra enjoy discussing people, internal motivation, and self-development. They believe in peaceful self-government without coercion and in the inherent potential of each human being for personal fulfillment.

Subdued elements:
    The Delta Quadra doesn't appreciate high ideals or abstractions that don't relate well to real life. They also don't like large institutions or power systems that do not take into consideration the interests of separate individuals.

Typical Delta quadra group behavior:
    Discussion of interesting facts about people and places. Enjoy group outdoor activities. "Live and let live" attitude. Engage only in "productive" activities and discussions. Prefer smaller groups. Emotionally subdued; generally serious, but with periodic funny moments.
    Take the STJ elements (underlined) out of this, and keep only the NFP ones (bolded), and it sounds a hell of a lot like you.

Where the quadras go wrong is in assuming that because STJs have tertiary and inferior Ne and Fi and NFPs have tertiary and inferior Si and Te that they experience those functions in a similar-enough way that they can be meaningfully grouped together into the concepts known as the quadras.

In reality, STJs more often reject/suppress the NFP qualities, and the NFPs more often reject/suppress the STJ qualities.

As such, grouping them conceptually like Socionics tries to do is fundamentally and seriously flawed.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Did I not just say to make your own thread?

In this thread, I'm asking for personal experiences and anecdotes concerning duals and how that is experienced. Not to be told whether or not I'm typed properly.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

It relates to the duals!

The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator