• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find the idea that people need to justify attraction to outer Quadra relationships, usually by retyping, amusing.

I find it terrible. :p

LOL you are ILE? I know a guy who is ILE. He told me his fiancé told him that whenever he makes a joke, he needs to remind others that he is indeed joking. This reminds me of that.

I also run into this sort of trouble, also, vice versa, people don't realise I actually took their jokes as jokes.

I'm no ILE as far as I'm concerned.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
This might happen... ("Omg, you're just like me! Who knew?")

Then maybe this... ("I'm so comfortable, I'm gonna try to find ways to freak you out/surprise you... PLAY TIME!")

[If this happens (for both parties) and it's not your dual... it might be best to not let this person go.]

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Him: SLE (clearest type), ENTP, SLUEI, 3w2 8w7 7w8 [order as well as Tritype] so/sp, November (Scorpion)

Me: IEI, INFJ, RCOAI, 4w3 5w4 1w2 [Tritype; low on 3, 6, 8, 9 independently] sx/so, May (Bull)

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
A naïve love... from people I know well:

*Don't lie... if the emotional connection is real, s/he would continue to love you regardless of whatever truth you'd reveal about yourself. Hence, if you'd build a relationship based on lies, everything would eventually collapse; lies provide no solid foundation to sustain the fragility of even the most vigorous of connections.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Him: SLE (clearest type), ENTP, SLUEI, 3w2 8w7 7w8 [order as well as Tritype] so/sp, November (Scorpion)

Me: IEI, INFJ, RCOAI, 4w3 5w4 1w2 [Tritype; low on 3, 6, 8, 9 independently] sx/so, May (Bull)
how come he is leading with intuition in MBTI but leading with sensing in Socionics? the descriptions of sensing and intuition don't differ that much, something is fishy here ...

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
No system is currently perfect, and as such, there will be overlap, and sometimes, there will not be. Additionally, not everything is black and white.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how come he is leading with intuition in MBTI but leading with sensing in Socionics? the descriptions of sensing and intuition don't differ that much, something is fishy here ...

I talked to someone who types himself ENFP and SEE, ENFP because of connecting ideas together and SEE because of aggressive go-getter tendencies (though he's also got an enneagram Id type)

ps: He considered EIE, which could still help make sense of the above, but did not identify with some Beta stuff

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*stupid double-post bug*

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Does he like to connect ideas together? Great with big picture etc etc? I'm asking about that ENTP typing here because you say SLE is the clearest typing.

(I'm not saying the types must match in the different systems.. just curious)

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Does he like to connect ideas together? Great with big picture etc etc? I'm asking about that ENTP typing here because you say SLE is the clearest typing.

(I'm not saying the types must match in the different systems.. just curious)

I will PM you.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Not often would you find something (especially in this manner) so organic!

Dual partners [Ashley and JP]:
[JP gets a bit jealous]
[Vows - first 4:30 minutes]

Extremely compatible activity partners [Sean and Catherine]:

[Vows :)]

S

Stansmith

I think my music professor and counselor are my duals (ENTp). I liked both of them immediately, and the feeling seems to be mutual...I find my professor's Ne incredibly engaging, while she seems to enjoy hearing my Si-related questions/insights. A friend of mine, on the other hand, described her as arrogant and potentially 'bitchy' - traits that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

As for my counselor, communication is natural and there doesn't ever seem to be much of a rift between us in terms of values despite our seemingly opposing function preferences; me talking about photography, emotionally-charged films, and enhancing my senses/comfort, him going off on his humorous tangents and relating things back to sociological/psychological phenomena...we both seem to enjoy what the other has to offer.

I also had an unusual fascination with an ENTx girl throughout highschool, and perhaps female EXTx's in general...

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not often would you find something (especially in this manner) so organic!

Dual partners [Ashley and JP]:
[JP gets a bit jealous]
[Vows - first 4:30 minutes]

Extremely compatible activity partners [Sean and Catherine]:

[Vows :)]

What are their types?

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Ashley is an ENFj and JP is an ISTj... both slightly neurotic. Sean is an ESFj (weak F) and Catherine is an ENTp (weak T)... both rather stable.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ashley is an ENFj and JP is an ISTj... both slightly neurotic. Sean is an ESFj (weak F) and Catherine is an ENTp (weak T)... both rather stable.

Delicious

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can sometimes spot my dual, or at least what I think my dual is supposed to be. I also notice that they are impossibly far away and only get farther.

G

garbage

Either I can't recognize my dual, or duals aren't exactly the end-all be-all magical fairy pristine and perfect men and women sent to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Auschra tells us they are.

My SO's an activator, though, which is like the silver medal in the Socionics world. :popc1: