• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And yet a lot of mbti INFJs, when they test socionics, seem to come out INFj (EII) not INFp (IEI) :shrug:

At the same time, I've been badgered by plenty of INTxs that the two systems are one and the same and should be merged and that I cannot be INFp, for that very reason :shrug:

I agree with you on all of this; I also am puzzled by those who say they are one and the same. I find it strange, considering socionics function lineup is in fact not the same as mbti function lineup (i.e. ISFp in socionics, which if systems are one and the same would automatically equal ISFJ in mbti, has SiFeNiTe for ISFp, and SiFeTiNe for mbti.

When I read the descriptions of all of the socionics types, consequently, to me they all seem like a blend of two mbti types. So ISFp seems half ISFJ and half ISFP, and ISFj seems half one and the other as well. So, honestly [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], I can understand why you think you relate to more than one socionics type. For the same reason, I can't identify with any single socionics type, though, ISFp prob makes most sense for me. But, I'm not mbti ISFJ.

And if, as is quite possible, 'function order' means something different in mbti vs socionics, it still remains that the socionics descriptions are not synonymous with mbti descriptions - i.e. mbti ISFP and socionics ISFj personality descriptions have some pretty distinct differences.

So I think that's why there are some mbti INFJ's who identify more with socionics INFp, and others with INFj. Different categorizations on personality.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? Haha, I have never heard that about ISFPs. I've only known one and he was very sensitive and timid.

With last two INTJs that I interacted with extensively, things started off okay, but didn't end up well. In college, one of my mentors was an INTJ. I learned a lot from her, and I think she appreciated my genuine desire to be the good person that she expected everybody to be. However, we also...never quite got each other completely. In case I'm ENFJ, I'll also do ISTJ. My longest-standing friendship from college is with an ISTJ. She is...not very sensitive to the troubles of others. Since most of my life is spent thinking about humanitarian concerns, the world, people, her reaction can come off a bit harsh. On the other hand, she has stood with me no matter what and been there in the down time times to cheer me up. That means a lot to me.

She normally comes off as sensitive and timid. She has a strong empathy but she has little patience for bullshit...people who try to use her for their own gains make her insane. She's a sweet, loving mother and wife but she has a side of her that is like a tigress. She's pretty aware of people's feelings but she won't hesitate to speak her mind, even if it means occasionally hurting others' feelings.

I don't know any other ISFPs so I have no one to compare her to. She may not sound like the typical ISFP description, but she also had a fucked up childhood. That tends to toughen people up a bit if it doesn't kill them first.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She normally comes off as sensitive and timid. She has a strong empathy but she has little patience for bullshit...people who try to use her for their own gains make her insane. She's a sweet, loving mother and wife but she has a side of her that is like a tigress. She's pretty aware of people's feelings but she won't hesitate to speak her mind, even if it means occasionally hurting others' feelings.

I don't know any other ISFPs so I have no one to compare her to. She may not sound like the typical ISFP description, but she also had a fucked up childhood. That tends to toughen people up a bit if it doesn't kill them first.

ESFPs also tend to come off as crude sometimes. I guess that is why they like the dry sarcastic comments of INTJs :happy2:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's also the most talented artist I've ever met. I don't mean that in the narrower sense of the word, i.e. the visual arts. She's an artist and master at any endeavour she undertakes.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFPs also tend to come off as crude sometimes. I guess that is why they like the dry sarcastic comments of INTJs :happy2:

I'd imagine INTJs would turn them on because they might not be as sensitive to their crude remarks. Sort of a challenge for an ESFP.

PHZqwfN.jpg

I'm imagining the popular cheerleader captain going for the sarcastic wit of one of the science nerds.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd imagine INTJs would turn them on because they might not be as sensitive to their crude remarks. Sort of a challenge for an ESFP.

PHZqwfN.jpg

I'm imagining the popular cheerleader captain going for the sarcastic wit of one of the science nerds.

INFJs also have a sarcastic element to them :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. Unfortunately some people can't tell when one is being sarcastic.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
She's also the most talented artist I've ever met. I don't mean that in the narrower sense of the word, i.e. the visual arts. She's an artist and master at any endeavour she undertakes.
Wow! She sounds amazing. ISFPs can be so gifted. I think Michael Jackson was ISFP.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think David Bowie is one as well. One of the times when celebritytypes is actually right.

I've heard Spielberg is one, although there's a real NF, gooey, sticky sweet sentimentality to his films.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think David Bowie is one as well. One of the times when celebritytypes is actually right.

I've heard Spielberg is one, although there's a real NF, gooey, sticky sweet sentimentality to his films.

Not bad, but it seems like they typed him as ESFP though. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bowie or Spielberg?

There's no doubt Bowie is introverted.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] you can come out to play...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you like about ISTPs?

Aw, come on, don't be jelly now. You got to be mesmerised by them ESFPs as well and I didnt bat an eye, did I *pats head*

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP for Spielberg?

I think so. I'd need to watch some interviews, get a feel for his interaction style.

The problem with typing celebrities is that we are typing them based on a carefully crafted public persona. I think this is why people are quick to type them as extroverts, because it's easy to mistake being personable and adept at social interactions as extroverted traits, when how well someone does in social settings really has dick to do with whether or not they're using a dominant extroverted function