User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I will leave this: http://www.socionics.com/articles/howto.htm

And call on the dark forces of @Salomé to set us straight.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And yet a lot of mbti INFJs, when they test socionics, seem to come out INFj (EII) not INFp (IEI)

At the same time, I've been badgered by plenty of INTxs that the two systems are one and the same and should be merged and that I cannot be INFp, for that very reason
    I agree with you on all of this; I also am puzzled by those who say they are one and the same. I find it strange, considering socionics function lineup is in fact not the same as mbti function lineup (i.e. ISFp in socionics, which if systems are one and the same would automatically equal ISFJ in mbti, has SiFeNiTe for ISFp, and SiFeTiNe for mbti.

When I read the descriptions of all of the socionics types, consequently, to me they all seem like a blend of two mbti types. So ISFp seems half ISFJ and half ISFP, and ISFj seems half one and the other as well. So, honestly @Amargith, I can understand why you think you relate to more than one socionics type. For the same reason, I can't identify with any single socionics type, though, ISFp prob makes most sense for me. But, I'm not mbti ISFJ.

And if, as is quite possible, 'function order' means something different in mbti vs socionics, it still remains that the socionics descriptions are not synonymous with mbti descriptions - i.e. mbti ISFP and socionics ISFj personality descriptions have some pretty distinct differences.

So I think that's why there are some mbti INFJ's who identify more with socionics INFp, and others with INFj. Different categorizations on personality.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Really? Haha, I have never heard that about ISFPs. I've only known one and he was very sensitive and timid.

With last two INTJs that I interacted with extensively, things started off okay, but didn't end up well. In college, one of my mentors was an INTJ. I learned a lot from her, and I think she appreciated my genuine desire to be the good person that she expected everybody to be. However, we also...never quite got each other completely. In case I'm ENFJ, I'll also do ISTJ. My longest-standing friendship from college is with an ISTJ. She is...not very sensitive to the troubles of others. Since most of my life is spent thinking about humanitarian concerns, the world, people, her reaction can come off a bit harsh. On the other hand, she has stood with me no matter what and been there in the down time times to cheer me up. That means a lot to me.

She normally comes off as sensitive and timid. She has a strong empathy but she has little patience for bullshit...people who try to use her for their own gains make her insane. She's a sweet, loving mother and wife but she has a side of her that is like a tigress. She's pretty aware of people's feelings but she won't hesitate to speak her mind, even if it means occasionally hurting others' feelings.

I don't know any other ISFPs so I have no one to compare her to. She may not sound like the typical ISFP description, but she also had a fucked up childhood. That tends to toughen people up a bit if it doesn't kill them first.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    She normally comes off as sensitive and timid. She has a strong empathy but she has little patience for bullshit...people who try to use her for their own gains make her insane. She's a sweet, loving mother and wife but she has a side of her that is like a tigress. She's pretty aware of people's feelings but she won't hesitate to speak her mind, even if it means occasionally hurting others' feelings.

I don't know any other ISFPs so I have no one to compare her to. She may not sound like the typical ISFP description, but she also had a fucked up childhood. That tends to toughen people up a bit if it doesn't kill them first.
    ESFPs also tend to come off as crude sometimes. I guess that is why they like the dry sarcastic comments of INTJs

She's also the most talented artist I've ever met. I don't mean that in the narrower sense of the word, i.e. the visual arts. She's an artist and master at any endeavour she undertakes.

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    ESFPs also tend to come off as crude sometimes. I guess that is why they like the dry sarcastic comments of INTJs
    I'd imagine INTJs would turn them on because they might not be as sensitive to their crude remarks. Sort of a challenge for an ESFP.

I'm imagining the popular cheerleader captain going for the sarcastic wit of one of the science nerds.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'd imagine INTJs would turn them on because they might not be as sensitive to their crude remarks. Sort of a challenge for an ESFP.

I'm imagining the popular cheerleader captain going for the sarcastic wit of one of the science nerds.
    INFJs also have a sarcastic element to them

Yeah. Unfortunately some people can't tell when one is being sarcastic.

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

She's also the most talented artist I've ever met. I don't mean that in the narrower sense of the word, i.e. the visual arts. She's an artist and master at any endeavour she undertakes.
    Wow! She sounds amazing. ISFPs can be so gifted. I think Michael Jackson was ISFP.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

I think David Bowie is one as well. One of the times when celebritytypes is actually right.

I've heard Spielberg is one, although there's a real NF, gooey, sticky sweet sentimentality to his films.