User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar

It can be confusing when people don't specify which system they are referring to.

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    yeah but don't write it as ISTP because then you are insinuating that it is MBTI. ISTP on MBTI is ISTj on socionics...
    *glares*

It was a legit question ABOUT mbti. Coz it is mbti typed people that make these threads. The crossover to socionics happens within the thread. Im merely verifying it.

Now. Take that T either to the conundrum I gave you to solve and off of my back. Put it to good use, that's what I keep you guys around for
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Well, on an unrelated side note... I think your IxTJ is a halfbreed and that is one of the reasons why you... get along with him and all

just random FYI there

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Well, on an unrelated side note... I think your IxTJ is a halfbreed and that is one of the reasons why you... get along with him and all

just random FYI there
    Then I know a looooot of IxTJs, dude

Ok, lemme try this again.

ISTP or ENFP comes in on this forum.
    He/SHe makes a thread about the dynamic between the two MBTI types
    Says it goes great, but communication can be...difficult coz they are so different, but there is an instant draw and great chemistry because of those differences.
    Inevitably, someone comes in and tells them this is coz they are duals in socionics.

Are they right or is there another reason for the dynamic between these two mbti types? And how come Socionics - if it aint right - doesn't seem to confirm this?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    The duality relationship in Socionics is probably the most talked about and supposedly the strongest one.

"Meeting a dual, interacting with your dual, positive self-realization in a relationship knowing your dual (dualization), duality is the relationship of complete mutual complement…" (Read more here)

Do you feel that instant pull, that supposed connection when you meet someone who is your dual and what is it like? How do you know for sure? What is the dual connection about for you?

List of Duals, for those needing the reference. Keep in mind that your MBTI does not necessarily translate and feel free to check out the quadra threads and the identification thread for this, if need be.

LSE (ESTj) — EII (INFj)
    LIE (ENTj) — ESI (ISFj)
    ESE (ESFj) — LII (INTj)
    EIE (ENFj) — LSI (ISTj)
    SLE (ESTp) — IEI (INFp)
    SEE (ESFp) — ILI (INTp)
    ILE (ENTp) — SEI (ISFp)
    IEE (ENFp) — SLI (ISTp)
    I'm LSI and ISTJ. It's hard for me to answer with confidence because I know very few people who've provided their socionics type. I'm going to assume most EIEs I know are typing as ENFx in MBTI.

I have a few ENFP friends who I get along with well, and I've felt close to a couple (admiration, respect, etc), but never to the point of physical or romantic attraction. I have a good ENFJ friend who I've known more than a decade now, but I don't feel any attraction there, either. So, I'd say no, not so far.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Then I know a looooot of IxTJs, dude

Ok, lemme try this again.

ISTP or ENFP comes in on this forum.
    He/SHe makes a thread about the dynamic between the two MBTI types
    Says it goes great, but communication can be...difficult coz they are so different, but there is an instant draw and great chemistry because of those differences.
    Inevitably, someone comes in and tells them this is coz they are duals in socionics.

Are they right or is there another reason for the dynamic between these two mbti types? And how come Socionics - if it aint right - doesn't seem to confirm this?
    so would that be the equivalent of ESFJ and INTJ then?

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

so would that be the equivalent of ESFJ and INTJ then?
    I guess so, yeah.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I guess so, yeah.
    because Google didn't tell me there is a difference between INTJ and INTj... and there is a lot of information out there that they (ESFj and INTj) are duals. People talk about it in MBTI terms when they should have referenced socionics.

I did this myself. I thought, ah I should get ESFJ... when it started out great and wow and then it burns out in horrible critical mental death. You are so glad you walk away from it.

Then I learned about socionics and I didn't test for INTJ but INTp and then it started to make sense for me.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar

Yeah, I was really confused when I took a socionics test and it said INFp but the type description sounded like mbti INFJ. (This was before I knew the difference between the systems. I'm still a newbie about anything socionics related)

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Yeah, I was really confused when I took a socionics test and it said INFp but the type description sounded like mbti INFJ. (This was before I knew the difference between the systems. I'm still a newbie about anything socionics related)
    And yet a lot of mbti INFJs, when they test socionics, seem to come out INFj (EII) not INFp (IEI)

At the same time, I've been badgered by plenty of INTxs that the two systems are one and the same and should be merged and that I cannot be INFp, for that very reason

It kind of gets...confusing. And the dual doesn't seem to be a reliable way of determining it either.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★