User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

People pass by their duals because they think relationships should require more work and be more complicated than what they are seeing. They are taken aback by how easy things flow with the right dual.

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    The duality relationship in Socionics is probably the most talked about and supposedly the strongest one.

"Meeting a dual, interacting with your dual, positive self-realization in a relationship knowing your dual (dualization), duality is the relationship of complete mutual complement…" (Read more here)

Do you feel that instant pull, that supposed connection when you meet someone who is your dual and what is it like? How do you know for sure? What is the dual connection about for you?

List of Duals, for those needing the reference. Keep in mind that your MBTI does not necessarily translate and feel free to check out the quadra threads and the identification thread for this, if need be.

LSE (ESTj) — EII (INFj)
    LIE (ENTj) — ESI (ISFj)
    ESE (ESFj) — LII (INTj)
    EIE (ENFj) — LSI (ISTj)
    SLE (ESTp) — IEI (INFp)
    SEE (ESFp) — ILI (INTp)
    ILE (ENTp) — SEI (ISFp)
    IEE (ENFp) — SLI (ISTp)
    I have met my dual and it was instant attraction. However, they all seemed to be married. Most ESFps(SEE) get married soon.

We work together. And we tip toe around each other. But not in a stand off way, the way you know you feel something, but the rules says you can't. We protect each other. For someone that is a go-getter like the ESFp. She stuck around, and prefers to sit next to me. I wanted to find a clone of her and ended up with a couple of ESFjs, because at first they appear very similar until after some time you see them getting tired of me. Bare in mind this is all before I even knew about MBTI and socionics. She fills something in me that makes me feel satisfied, I never feel jealous around her.

Since I learned about socionics, I've been trying to get away. But it is difficult. It is not her beauty, it is her personality. It really draws me in like a moth to a flame. I've come to learn the difference between the ESFp and the ESFj, and that is that I notice the ESFj faster and it escalates quicker, like a speed boat racing. Where as with the ESFp, my experience is like I am on this cruise liner and neither one of us have control over our destiny. (I know I'm romanticising it)

That's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    right...okay thanks

well i was married to one forever and i was immediately drawn to him as a friend but i honestly thought it was just a magnetic friend energy....i guess it was for awhile...until it wasn't.
    Unfortunately for me, I have never been in a relationship with one so I can't say, what that intimate side of it looks like or would be. I wanted to find out, hence why I am here

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    People pass by their duals because they think relationships should require more work and be more complicated than what they are seeing. They are taken aback by how easy things flow with the right dual.
    I would like to think this is true. It does seem to be that way for me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

My sister is ISTJ and so is a male friend. I definitely feel at-ease around them. Like we're both wherever we're at, but both of us are on the same page about how we feel about being there. Kind of like an unspoken "if we could telepathically crack jokes about everyone and everything here, we'd be having a field day" vibe. Lots of "looks" and laughs. Also, any kind of conversation always seems to be effortless, no bs. I'm never worried I'm offending them or that we're having a miscommunication. I also really appreciate their chilled out energy. I know if I don't get back to them or don't initiate contact for a while, there aren't any hard feelings (or probably even a second thought). Low maintenance, easy connections. That said, I don't think I'd ever be romantically interested in a person with either of their personalities. I fear I'd be mentally and emotionally starved in that relationship.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

ESTP women are incredibly sexy to me. I don't know if I could handle living with one though.

Next stop - ISFP Array Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

So wait..where does this ENFP-ISTP thing come from them? I thought that that relationship was often explained as being duals.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Are you going by the mbti letter scheme? because socionics flips J and P in the introverted types.

MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Are you going by the mbti letter scheme? because socionics flips J and P in the introverted types.
    Lemme see if I can get this right...I believe most mbti ISTJs identify as a delta ISTp and most ISTPs as a beta ISTj
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Lemme see if I can get this right...I believe most mbti ISTJs identify as a delta ISTp and most ISTPs as a beta ISTj
    Hey scattered brainy, you already forgot your own thread of duals... It's ENFp and ISTp

edit: the irony of this thread... haha

MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Hey scattered brainy, you already forgot your own thread of duals... It's ENFp and ISTp

edit: the irony of this thread... haha
    I know that :P

Im trying to reconcile the two systems in my head, you

On this forum, when ENFPs and ISTPs have been discussed wrt romantic click, often the dual from socionics was referenced as a reason. But that was before we actually got to talking Socionics on this forum. So now I'm wondering if there is anything to it at all.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I know that :P

Im trying to reconcile the two systems in my head, you

On this forum, when ENFPs and ISTPs have been discussed wrt romantic click, often the dual from socionics was referenced as a reason. But that was before we actually got to talking Socionics on this forum. So now I'm wondering if there is anything to it at all.
    yeah but don't write it as ISTP because then you are insinuating that it is MBTI. ISTP on MBTI is ISTj on socionics...