User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Either I can't recognize my dual, or duals aren't exactly the end-all be-all magical fairy pristine and perfect men and women sent to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Auschra tells us they are.

My SO's an activator, though, which is like the silver medal in the Socionics world.
    Perhaps, she recognised you?

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

I thought I might have recognized my dual, but realized she was just as introverted as I was, so I figure its super-ego relations (sort of similar, but more problems, which of course, assumes that I'm not LIE, ILE, or even LII, though I absolutely abhor all ESEs).

I don't actually know any ESFps, so I can't say for certain.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    though I absolutely abhor all ESEs).
    All of them?? That's quite an overgeneralization to make.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    All of them?? That's quite an overgeneralization to make.
    Yeah, hasty generalization on my part, but every single one I have met has ticked me off somehow. (and anecdotal evidence, I'm full of fallacies today)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Yeah, hasty generalization on my part, but every single one I have met has ticked me off somehow. (and anecdotal evidence, I'm full of fallacies today)
    When your Te smashes their Fe, then their inner demon pops out. All red in the eyes, fuming at the mouth

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Just to note... I don't think duality is always best (obviously enough). Based on circumstances and past history, among many other factors, people can be led to even more promising prospects. You cannot fall in love for the first time, every time... and so, the road to love is just as intricate as anything else in life. Evolution. Some things will be the same, some things will be different. What's more important is sharing common values, such that there would be mutual respect and compassion... that may ultimately lead to commitment (if that is also among a pairing's values).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

So there are 2 duals in socionics.

The conflicting dual:

INTp-ILI and ESFJ-ESE.

or

INFp-IEI and ESTJ-LSE

The dual:

INTP-ILI and ESFp-SEE

or

INFp-IEI and ESTp-SLE

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    458 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I have interacted with 6 duals in my life. Two I outright wanted to punch in the face, one I actually took the time to "out wit" in hopes of making him feel like an idiot. I've never really felt compelled to do that to anyone before but he sure brought it out in me. They may have been enneagram 3s. Either way they were pricks.

The others were wonderful people and the experiences were all ones that I treasure. I think about them often in a way I don't think about other people. As an sx/sp I prefer to share intimacy from a distance - so lots of friends live abroad and I am happy to keep it that way - but they don't often linger in the back of my mind. These folks have and may always will.

It was like everybody is in black and white and they are in color. The initial physical rush you get is followed by this warming of the insides. Or that pesky yearning kind of stops feeling like acid reflux. ie, they are able to reach that inaccessible/never satisfied place.

I only kept in touch with one (a lot of them were military) who currently works in the Middle East but in the end I ignored his last email, missed him and sent one 2 months later and doubt I will hear back.

In hindsight I think I need to stick around a bit more when I meet my dual. I always assume (as usual) it was nice and kismet, back to my routine as he goes back to his.

As far as a relationship is concerned though, I'd only ever be with an SLE.

LSI's and I have a wonderful time but I don't think I could marry one. 90% of my circle were LSIs.

The way I whole heartedly miss the others, I whole heartedly still want to punch the other 2. Till this day.

Likes erg liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I work for one right now actually. Really easy relationship and by far the best supervisor-employee relationship I've ever had. Funny because we're both e6. We seem to naturally speak each other's language and see the same things as important and unimportant. That said, I feel like socionics takes the "dual magic" thing kind of further than I think is realistic.

Tempbanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Nope, and from the description I can't imagine being attracted to them either.