User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics - Do you recognize your dual when you encounter them?

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I just went on a date with an ESFJ. I think I get the dual thing.... somehow, it seems to mean that I end up having the conversations I want to have. It's only one date, so far, but.... even if we have different skills, we somehow have kind of the same (or overlapping) interests, almost. It was cool because I could talk about the stuff I want to talk about, and not just get stared at. And there was none of the weird antagonism/mutual mistrust of an INTP date.

The inferior functions are aspirational, so if your inferior function is someone else's strength, it makes sense why you would be attracted to that, if you can admit that you are attracted to that.

I can see how SFPS and NTJs (including INTps )are in the same quadra...they both seem to know what they want, and are inclined to go after that.

Alpha is not terribly serious, but can also be surprisingly considerate.

Anyway, initial reconnaissance is that ESFJs are awesome, in spite of much of what I've heard.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Do you feel that instant pull, that supposed connection when you meet someone who is your dual and what is it like? How do you know for sure? What is the dual connection about for you?
    My experience with ISFJs has been generally positive. I feel like I can be myself around them without being threatening or off-putting. I find their sweetness to be endearing, and I'm in awe of their grasp of detail and practicalities. They're also deliciously sensual without trying.

For me, the problem is that there's a flow that's so frictionless as to not create any sort of spark. I couldn't imagine feeling a great deal of passion for most of the ISFJs I've known. It's funny considering that my MBTI shadow type typically gets a strong and consistent negative reaction from me. I have a deep and particular kind of loathing that I reserve for ISFPs. Any system that takes acceptance of the shadow too literally is just bullshit to me.

I don't think I would. And, technically, I'm uncertain if my dual is ESFP or ESFJ, even though I know I don't get along well with ESFJs very well once we move past the superficial stage of the relationship. But then it's common for INTjs and INTps to hate both their duals and their conflicts much alike.

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I just went on a date with an ESFJ. I think I get the dual thing.... somehow, it seems to mean that I end up having the conversations I want to have. It's only one date, so far, but.... even if we have different skills, we somehow have kind of the same (or overlapping) interests, almost. It was cool because I could talk about the stuff I want to talk about, and not just get stared at. And there was none of the weird antagonism/mutual mistrust of an INTP date.

The inferior functions are aspirational, so if your inferior function is someone else's strength, it makes sense why you would be attracted to that, if you can admit that you are attracted to that.

I can see how SFPS and NTJs (including INTps )are in the same quadra...they both seem to know what they want, and are inclined to go after that.

Alpha is not terribly serious, but can also be surprisingly considerate.

Anyway, initial reconnaissance is that ESFJs are awesome, in spite of much of what I've heard.
    I think that comes with age. Perhaps Duality only works from a certain age?

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Any system that takes acceptance of the shadow too literally is just bullshit to me.
    I could see ISFPs having more friction than ISFJs.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I could see ISFPs having more friction than ISFJs.
    That's because ISFPs are, in general, awful.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Aw, come on, don't be jelly now. You got to be mesmerised by them ESFPs as well and I didnt bat an eye, did I *pats head*
    Okay, ISTPs have functions of ISTJs, except in different priority. E.g. Se over Si, but they both have and probably are, on very similar level. If I had to guess. Thus it starts out as, oh yay! when you find them and then later you find out they aren't what you thought they were, when you delve into the specifics. Probably why I keep running into ESFJs instead of ESFPs, mistaking the one for the other. If one could look at each function's scores, it might be better to understand what I am getting at.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Umm I guess my relationship with ESTPs is that I either find them charming and end up thinking they're an asshole, or I just always think they're an asshole. But am secretly jealous of their ability to be an asshole and still socially successful.

My boyfriend could be an ESTP even though. Also I really hate socionics.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Ah I have some understanding as to why ENFp might have a thing for ISTp, because... no wait I have found someone better, that can explain it in detail.

I call on @edchidna1000 to sort out this mess. Yeah, yeah... I know you want to club me to death. Just fix it already

edit: Compatibility for Myers Briggs Types Part 1 Here they refer to Opposite types compatibility (Kersey). I am of course aware that ENFP on MBTI isn't always ENFp on socionics.

Stansmith

The presence of an (myers-Briggs) ENTJ does sort of stand out to me...