First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I'm in the Omega Quadra because I decided I don't like all the people in the other quadras and wanted my own theory of relationships. So I reserve this utopian quadra for those that I deem fit for its enlightenment. And we have weekly pizza parties and worship hard liquor, which I believe the other quadras do not have, although I haven't checked with the other quadras in quite a while; those other quadras do enjoy their wars and here in Omega Quadra we prefer to watch, rather than participate. Omega Quadra is quite the Quadra, I say.
    Having five quadras rather defeats the point of the word. You kicking out the Alphas?
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

repeat...

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

fuck, it was supposed to be a joke

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

bloody forum.

little_sticks 1
    INTJs 0

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    I found quadra progression to be interesting. It touches upon how information exchanged between socionics types spurs social progress and societal evolution:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ion-by-dolphin

There is another interpretation here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ssion-by-Gilly

and a type-by-type progression: The Clock of the Socion: Energy Dynamics of Quadra and Benefit Rings
    That description of Gamma is horrifying. It may give me nightmares.

I want to be a Beta now just so I don't have to be a morning after victim scrabbling and clawing at the walls of the abyss.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Although in that link the similarity between ENFj and ESFp is powerful again...they're both political, one is a revolutionary and one is a politician who creates anarchy.

Ah...but the ENFj actually builds a new organization? Then he burns out, breaks down, becomes ill...oh lovely.

Beta quadra starts with EIE, the Mentor. This is the most revolutionary type in the socion. He is usually rebelling against some current system. At some point his rebellion becomes more forceful - he becomes almost as if obsessed - he teaches, proselytizes, demands to stop the old and start the new. Then he builds a new organization. It is interesting to note that building an organization is not accomplished by LSI as some think, but by EIE. Later Mentor burns out - breaks down, or become ill, or loses his sanity, or simply withdraws from public sphere. The sooner this occurs - the higher was the energy load of the type. Or in other words, the faster the clock is ticking inside him - the sooner he accomplishes the above. At the end he burns out, often physically.
    Third or gamma quadra is the quadra of liberal-democratic values. This is what we have plunged into now on a global level. If we consider the world as one community, it turns out that experiences of third quadra, liberal-democratic values, are being imposed on the entire world. This quadra's leader is SEE, the Politician, thus at this stage politics blossom - there are constant elections and re-elections, casting of votes, formation of coalitions, all sorts of behind-the-scenes agreements, say one thing but do another policy. "Be flexible," "Carpe Diem" - these are the slogans of SEE. Here picking right orientation is of primary importance - switch position, find a sponsor, find someone powerful, unite goals. SEE re-orients and re-focuses immediately. He has a keen awareness of what's happening: he feels "right now is time to act" - and quickly gets to it. He cleanly and diplomatically manipulates people. Then comes freedom, that turns into anarchy (historical example: Gorbachev, the last president of Soviet Union). If SEE is allowed to manage a system, it will come to anarchy. Absolutely.
    I think it's interesting that Gamma is the quadra of liberal-democratic values. Of course they are. Gamma's role is to criticize and remove the mistakes of the past. Gammas are not aristocratic like Betas are.

So Gamma SEE removes and breaks down, and Beta EIE actually builds the new organization?

SEEs harshly judge in the least straightforward way compared to the other three gamma types. SEEs are driven primarily by and not . Because of this, their judgments tend to be rapid and impetuous. It is not the case, though, that they are less harsh because of this; their harsh judgments are expressed more impetuously. Because their positive judgments are expressed more impetuously, they exhibit much more obvious moving-towards people than the other gamma types. Despite the volatility of their judgments, more centrally, underneath their lack of reserve (the fixative area for SEEs) they have an intuitive and stable sense of who is a good person and who is not.
    They both seem emotionally volatile, political and naturally manipulative of other people.

LOL...

SEEs may be quite faithful and allegiant to those they are close to; however, their relations and emotional reactions towards others may be volatile and lubricious. Though they often aspire to treat everyone with whom they interact in a convivial manner, they may exhibit strong (and often variable) dislike of certain individuals. They may maintain an internal network of certain individuals whom they regard as friends, and others who they regard as jerks or otherwise with some antagonism. They often have little conception of the history of their emotional reactions towards others; they may be inimical and pernicious one day, while incognizant of the conflict on the next.
    EIEs tend to embody a challenging, competitive style of expressing themselves and communicating with others. They often tend to push others' boundaries, say things that are shocking, unexpected, or unpleasant, and can have a somewhat insistent and demanding style about them. Typically, EIEs' challenging communicative style serves the purpose of eliciting emotional reactions, or enlisting others to the EIEs' vision or cause.
    WHAT IS THE REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? One is aristocratic, the other diplomatic or egalitarian. One sees people as groups or roles, one sees people as individuals judged by individual character.

Though I can see why people would think I have traits of both, I still think the bolded parts of SEE sound most like me. And I'm not really sure I have the energy or inclination to build any kind of new organizations. I see myself as adaptable and very adept at creating new situations for myself in the real world. That's not building ground up organizations with a vision like the EIE. I can see though where people would see me as dramatic, or becoming my causes.

I oppose aristocratic political Betas though. I'm really thinking about this now. It's my contempt for what I see as upper middle class uniform liberalism, that would be EIE politics, and even though I initially see these people individually as people who share my views, at some point I find myself expressing criticism for their sheltered elitism, or their political correctness.

SEE it is. Bite me.
    Likes strychnine liked this post

Alpha, though I have some Delta aspects in my nature too.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Interesting links...

The corrector or perfector of the quadra is its fourth type - IEI. This type is the bifurcation point - it does something to make the system transition to a completely different state, a more democratic one. This is what is called an "open society". This is the mission of third, gamma quadra. IEI carries the key which locks the second quadra and unlocks the third one. He dreams of a better life, that all this totalitarianism comes to an end, strives to create peace. He rejects force. The system disintegrates - a sudden collapse then everything moves towards a new state. This can be observed experimentally - if an IEI is working in a group he will as some point halt this huge machine. It is simply amazing how he brings about this crash, unclear how this is achieved. Here again it can all start over again or move to third quadra. But nobody will leave voluntarily, especially from second quadra.
    So basically, we're the traitors of our quadra?

Not sure I fully grasp what our role is according to this text, but...

I guess I sort of relate. As much as I enjoy the camaraderie and standing together on an idea, it can easily turn into an oppressive group which bullies others - much like a tribe would defend their territory against intruders and I don't...feel comfortable with that stuff. Everyone should have an equal say imo and the aristocratic part of the definition of the betas was always a bit iffy to relate to, for me. In many ways, I actually identify with the delta quadra values, I just don't relate to their execution. And I guess I do try to undo a situation where I see people in the grip of some ideology, unable to express what is on their mind.

I remember my dad being afraid I'd fallen in with a cult when i was 20, and my mom rolling her eyes at him going: 'you couldn't tell her what to do for 20 years, what makes you think she is going to listen to a complete stranger? If she is part of a cult, she is most likely going to be running the damned joint'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

IEI here. Beta then.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching