• Gamma

15 16.48%
  • Delta

23 25.27%
  • Don't know

10 10.99%
First 3456715 Last

Ginkgo

Beta. Silliness>seriousness. I kind of feel like I'm at the axis of the world, which I'm assuming to be in the same spot as the "abyss" of the description. I tend to test the boundaries and explore the surrounding sandbox after frequent vacations to see what the void has to offer in terms of how to transform and grow. Paradoxes simplify life here. I don't really see peoples' 'paths' in the same way the delta is described. People hardly ever come or go in my eyes; they all just float around in one respect or another.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Does it bother you that your MBTI type is completely functionally different from your Socionics type?
    They were designed to interpret the same phenomenon.

Similarly, I question why people feel obliged to cherry-pick.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Elfboy, I know you were doing it in a loosely correlated manner but my 4 wing didn't like that. Anyway, as for Lelouch being a 6w5, I can't see it. Where's the holy faith in him? Where's the doubt, the questioning, the inability to believe in hmself and what he knows and that of authority? @PimpinMcBoltage, same about beta-ness. So I'll just shoot both of you down here because I don't think he's a beta NF 6w5 and here's why:

In episode 6 of season 1, I think the differences between beta NF and gamma NT is perfectly illustrated. What you need to realize are the differences exhibited in behavior between Lelouch and Milly, the latter a clear beta NF type, I'd wager EIE. In fact, most of the students at the academy seem to be Fe-oriented with the exception of Lelouch, Suzaku (EII-Ne 1w2 so/sp or possibly so/sx) and Kallen (most likely ESI-Fi 6wx sp/sx). What you see going on at the academy are mostly beta antics. Lelouch's ability to plan and think ahead are not 6w5 traits but clear Ni and Te traits. There's nothing inherent about the 6w5 sp type to be able to plan ahead. If anything, what you'd get is most likely an intensely private and most likely rather phobic 6. Even if we assume that Lelouch is a 6 and is counterphobic he is clearly not 6-reactive. This video is one of the best there is in showcasing 6 and 4 reactivity:

DiCaprio's character is a clear 6. Notice the superego drive of never being wrong. Lelouch doesn't have that and while I'm about 1/3 of the first season, I have yet to see Lelouch act or behave in this manner. He's clearly a narcissist. Look at how he loves the attention directed towards Zero, and when he acquires the Geass he's not concerned about the moral consequences of what it means using it as a 6 most likely would, instead, he simply sees it as a way to further his goals. He clearly does not care much about other people's feelings which speaks inherently against beta NF, even beta NF gone wrong. No, his masterplan is of impersonal structure - he is going to take down the Britannian empire despite that pretty much everyone has told him that it's not possible. How's that not narcissist? Heck, compare him to Sephiroth after he went insane and you realize the differences because Sephiroth's logic is still weirdly Fe-tinted. He's going to unite with his mother and further his mother's plans to destroy the planet and then the rest of the universe. Where's Sephiroth's focus on his personal desires? No, what he does is that he takes on the desires of JENOVA and he literarily becomes JENOVA. That's twisted Fe logic for you.

You also forgot that 7 has a connection to 5 so a 7 will naturally take on some of the traits of a 5, especially since 5 is the soul child of the 7. What you see from Lelouch is mostly a positive outlook attitude of things working out because Lelouch ultimately trusts himself and his abilities almost to a fault which can come across as a carefree manner. That's narcissism and id drive and the greed kicks in because it's not just enough to free Japan, no, he's going to take down the entire Britannian empire by himself but whereas other types who might claim the same thing, for instance 6s, might ultimately bark louder than they bite but ultimately waver, Lelouch can actually do it. He's very aware of his abilities and the limitations of them, and I'd say that's a strong argument that showcases his connection to 5.

Furthermore, not once are we shown that what he seeks in life is ultimately some kind of stability nor do we see him seeking out authority figures. His rejection of his father and the Britannian empire rather seems to be based on 8 anger and drive, especially because of what they did towards his sister. It's revenge that he seeks, not because he wants to show the world the truth or because he ultimately distrusts society itself. One could perhaps even make a compelling argument for sx/sp 8 but I feel that Lelouch has ultimately a positive outlook on life and while a dog-eat-dog mentality drives him forward, it doesn't seem to be the core outlook that defines him.

Also, another way to clearly discern the differences between Lelouch from being a 6 is simply comparing him to Kallen who is a 6 which became very evident in the bathroom scene in episode 3. Furthermore, Lelouch's Te couldn't be more evident in how he figures out the limits of the Geass powers. It's all Te data: You can only use it once per person, there seems to be no inherent limit to how long the power lasts, you need to be in direct eye contact for it to work etc. Te creative makes very sense for him.

The there's Fi that shows itself in that Lelouch's morals and ethics are not driven based on external expectations but based on his personal ethics. It's always about how things make him feel, not how others feel. He's not going to destroy the Britannian empire because it's good for the people or Japan or any other Fe reason someone could come up with, no, he's going to do it because he thinks his father is a douchebag and allowed his mother to be killed and his sister to be put in a wheelchair. It's very personal.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@LeaT
    I didn't forget anything, and, I'm sorry, but most of your enneagram typings in your last post are completely off
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @LeaT
    I didn't forget anything, and, I'm sorry, but most of your enneagram typings in your last post are completely off
    Based on what reasoning?

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    People peg me as EIE, and I believe them.

EIEs are supposed to love people who just go after what they want using sheer force of will (Se), so I guess you technically have a chance
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Based on what reasoning?
    - I'm not 100% sold on Lelouch being a 6w5 (I could see 1w9 or, possibly, 8w7), but 7w8 is out of the question. he is not impulsive (at least, not in a 7w8-ish way. he does have a sort of NTJ-ish arrogance that can lead him astray at times), does not live for the moment, is not an intensity junky and does not seek excessive hedonism. 7s integrate to 5 because they are naturally deficient at 5-ish coping mechanisms (the same way 8 is naturally devoid of 2, 1 is naturally devoid of 7 etc)
    - there is no way Kallen is an Sp dom. she's a clear Sx dom 6w7 with an 8w7 fix and probably Sx/So (she's kind of like an anime version of @Marmotini)

PS: I think you were right about me though. after reading the interaction styles of all the types, it seems like I'm the Gamma poster child. now the question is, which one?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Don't know - Socionics has very convoluted views on functional interplays, as it just makes things way too complicated to understand, and is a very messy theory that may not even be related to the reality of personality. A simple theory is usually the better one, one that is actually comprehensible and can be effectively worked with to produce proper mental constructs. That is why my advice would be just to stick with the classic MBTI view on functions (and even that may not stand on perfect foundations). I'm not quite so sure they all need to stack up like a cake.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - I'm not 100% sold on Lelouch being a 6w5 (I could see 1w9 or, possibly, 8w7), but 7w8 is out of the question. he is not impulsive (at least, not in a 7w8-ish way. he does have a sort of NTJ-ish arrogance that can lead him astray at times), does not live for the moment, is not an intensity junky and does not seek excessive hedonism. 7s integrate to 5 because they are naturally deficient at 5-ish coping mechanisms (the same way 8 is naturally devoid of 2, 1 is naturally devoid of 7 etc)
    - there is not way Kallen is an Sp dom. she's a clear Sx dom 6w7 with an 8w7 fix and probably Sx/So

PS: I think you were right about me though. after reading the interaction styles of all the types, it seems like I'm the Gamma poster child. now the question is, which one?
    I don't see 1w9 because I don't see him possessing a need for moral righteousness with focus on purity. Both 8s and 1s can be vengeance-driven but they will be so in inherently different ways. He's not afraid of anger and he's clearly lacking shame.

Why would all those traits be examples of 7w8? Would not NiTe by itself create a different flair of 7 than the poster descriptions make the type seems to be like?

What does the soul child mean to you? What kind of coping mechanisms do you think 7s lack that they need to learn from the 5?

And of course I'm right. You will find I'm often very right Why do you think Kallen is an sx dom and more likely sx/so as opposed to sp?

I'm in the Omega Quadra because I decided I don't like all the people in the other quadras and wanted my own theory of relationships. So I reserve this utopian quadra for those that I deem fit for its enlightenment. And we have weekly pizza parties and worship hard liquor, which I believe the other quadras do not have, although I haven't checked with the other quadras in quite a while; those other quadras do enjoy their wars and here in Omega Quadra we prefer to watch, rather than participate. Omega Quadra is quite the Quadra, I say.
    Likes strychnine liked this post