• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics- What is your quadra and why?

Which Quadra are you

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read some of the links presented in that thread (thanks for that btw :D), and I too feel quite at home, but then in Beta. While I strive for the result to become part of the Delta system, the actual process of change and charge to victory is what I relate to best. Maintenance and organization was never my strength :laugh:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For reference:
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Alpha_Quadra
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Beta_Quadra
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Gamma_Quadra
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Delta_Quadra

Definite Beta, except

doesn't resonate with me at all.

Alpha is pretty foreign--'orthogonal' rather than 'polar opposite.' I can see some Gamma, too.

Are you EIE? Because if you are I'd like you to be my boyfriend. I don't care if you're straight or not. You are going to love me and I will make you love me ok?

:hug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been reading up on the quadras lately and I can't decide between beta and gamma.

I don't know a ton about socionics, but you strike me as more gamma. of course, I could just be comparing you to myself (clearly Beta) hence, leading to bias, but Beta types tend to be more loud, flamboyant and over the top.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know a ton about socionics, but you strike me as more gamma. of course, I could just be comparing you to myself (clearly Beta) hence, leading to bias, but Beta types tend to be more loud, flamboyant and over the top.

+1 :coffee:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]
after reading through the links, I have come to the conclusion that I am a Beta who is a Gamma wannabe :laugh:
in terms of which I relate to most, I'd say Beta>Gamma>Alpha>Delta

I prefer the smaller group size and relate to the wanting to be left the fuck alone like Gamma types, but my energy, as much as I try to contain it, is much more brazen and excessive. it seems to be that, in other systems, Beta would be correlated with
- MBTI ExxP types
- Sx/So and So/Sx
- Id (3, 7 and 8) and 4w3

based on my very limited observations, I'd say:

Gamma on the other hand seems correlated with
- TJ
- Self Preservation
- 3w4, 5w6, 6w5 and 8w9

Alpha seems correlated with
- ExFx and ENTP
- Social
- positive outlook (2s, 7s and 9s)

Delta seems correlated with
- SJ and NFJ
- Sp/So and So/Sx
- Superego (1s, 2s and 6s) and 9w1

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I actually meant delta, not gamma. gamma is probably the least relatable of the 4. I'm reading the IEI and EII descriptions/functions and really can't decide. :shrug:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Funny, I misread that one as well as delta :laugh:

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I myself am a Delta wanna-be, but I am too impetuous and not calm enough to be one. I do admire and often agree with their values, I just have a different approach to them :shrug:

I think gamma is the one I least identify with, though I often get along with them great.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Funny, I misread that one as well as delta :laugh:
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
I myself am a Delta wanna-be, but I am too impetuous and not calm enough to be one. I do admire and often agree with their values, I just have a different approach to them :shrug:
I think gamma is the one I least identify with, though I often get along with them great.

is it normal for Beta types to fluctuate between being wild and histrionic and withdrawing in a "leave me the fuck alone" sort of way? I get the feeling that the Beta Quadra has a certain bipolarity to it that is less present in other quadras.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
is it normal for Beta types to fluctuate between being wild and histrionic and withdrawing in a "leave me the fuck alone" sort of way? I get the feeling that the Beta Quadra has a certain bipolarity to it that is less present in other quadras.

:laugh: Im relatively new to socionics, but I would think so. I surely identify with that. It is kind of the same way you experience infatuation. At some point, you need to withdraw from that kind of intense state of mind, in order to recharge. It depletes you and feeds you at the same time, and recharging/digesting is essential. Kind of like a predator expending energy to hunt, consume his prey and then burp to go lie in the sun and sleep/digest.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Im relatively new to socionics, but I would think so. I surely identify with that. It is kind of the same way you experience infatuation. At some point, you need to withdraw from that kind of intense state of mind, in order to recharge. It depletes you and feeds you at the same time, and recharging/digesting is essential. Kind of like a predator expending energy to hunt, consume his prey and then burp to go lie in the sun and sleep/digest.

that makes a lot of sense, it would make Betas similar to ENFPs in that regard, cuz ENFPs will be really extroverted for awhile, but we can suddenly turn around and be like "I need to retreat and go into Neverland for days!!!" (probably because, of all the extroverts, ENFP's functions are the least at home in the external world). being Sp/Sx~Decadent also fuels the fire because they draw from Sx/So-ish tendencies and tend to alternate between projecting their energy outward to the world (like an Sx/So) and pulling back to rest and replenish resources (like an Sp/Sx).
PS: in most typology systems, being a wannabe of your opposite type is a sign that you're probably aware of your natural weaknesses.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think being so-last might make the whole quadra thing more confusing for me.. I don't gravitate towards or feel comfortable in many groups so it's hard for me to really pinpoint my "style."

I can completely withdraw in group situations and not contribute anything or I can feel somehow personally responsible for any boring/awkward moments and keep talking and trying to engage people (although this is pretty unnatural and strained for me.) it all depends on my mood and comfort level with the people in the group.

I lost my train of thought and wow why are 23 guests viewing this thread right now.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
29 now...Better make a good impression :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]: I don't think the histrionic bit is type related. Though I would say, Beta would be the most inclined to dramatics (or histrionics -- don't think the latter is an accurate term) out of all 4 quadras.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]
after reading through the links, I have come to the conclusion that I am a Beta who is a Gamma wannabe :laugh:
in terms of which I relate to most, I'd say Beta>Gamma>Alpha>Delta

I prefer the smaller group size and relate to the wanting to be left the fuck alone like Gamma types, but my energy, as much as I try to contain it, is much more brazen and excessive. it seems to be that, in other systems, Beta would be correlated with
- MBTI ExxP types
- Sx/So and So/Sx
- Id (3, 7 and 8) and 4w3

based on my very limited observations, I'd say:

Gamma on the other hand seems correlated with
- TJ
- Self Preservation
- 3w4, 5w6, 6w5 and 8w9

Alpha seems correlated with
- ExFx and ENTP
- Social
- positive outlook (2s, 7s and 9s)

Delta seems correlated with
- SJ and NFJ
- Sp/So and So/Sx
- Superego (1s, 2s and 6s) and 9w1
I was watching Code Geass yesterday and don't diss gamma id types. Lelouch is totally an ILI 7w8, 8w7 4w3 sx/sp.

Also, I'm an INFP/EII sx/sp 5w4. I don't think there's much correlation aside poor type descriptions. Functionally I think anyone can be any type. Figure/LXPilot on PerC is an ILI 8w9 sx/sp too. Just as a few examples. Personally, I fail to see beta for you because whle you are flamboyant you are 7 flamboyant. Beta flamboyancy is different. Your feeling function is subdued. It's very easy to compare how you come across in terms of ethics by studying you and [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] alone, the latter who is a clear beta type to me and who also clearly expresses Fe. If you are Fe base or creative it should show but it doesn't.

Also, your thinking is much too strategic and falls better in line with Ni Te than it does Ni Fe. Ni Fe is strategic thinking too but ultimately it is people-oriented (people-systems, social systems) because it is driven by ethics. I don't see you as overly people-oriented. I think you mistake much of that 7 narcissism of yours with beta drama. I mistook my wing 4 melancholy as beta drama too and people who only type me based on persona might think I'm a beta. Most of all though, if you are a beta NF, where's the Fe?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:peepwall:

...and Fe is bad for you, personally, right? :ninja:

*tries to hide her Fe under a rock*

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was watching Code Geass yesterday and don't diss gamma id types. Lelouch is totally an ILI 7w8, 8w7 4w3 sx/sp.
nooo Lelouch is INTJ 6w5>8w7>3w4 Sp/Sx (not sure of his socionics type).
where the on earth did you get 7w8 from? :laugh: 7w8s are impulsive, instinctual and present in their bodies; Lelouch is conniving, cerebral, sinister and precise.

Also, I'm an INFP/EII sx/sp 5w4. I don't think there's much correlation aside poor type descriptions. Functionally I think anyone can be any type. Figure/LXPilot on PerC is an ILI 8w9 sx/sp too. Just as a few examples. Personally, I fail to see beta for you because whle you are flamboyant you are 7 flamboyant. Beta flamboyancy is different. Your feeling function is subdued. It's very easy to compare how you come across in terms of ethics by studying you and [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] alone, the latter who is a clear beta type to me and who also clearly expresses Fe. If you are Fe base or creative it should show but it doesn't.
- what does (socionics) Fe dominance look like?
- I'm talking about loose correlations, obviously any type can be any other type in a different system

Also, your thinking is much too strategic and falls better in line with Ni Te than it does Ni Fe. Ni Fe is strategic thinking too but ultimately it is people-oriented (people-systems, social systems) because it is driven by ethics. I don't see you as overly people-oriented. I think you mistake much of that 7 narcissism of yours with beta drama. I mistook my wing 4 melancholy as beta drama too and people who only type me based on persona might think I'm a beta. Most of all though, if you are a beta NF, where's the Fe?
now that I've looked a bit more at the interaction styles, I could easily see myself as Gamma. their interaction style fit me a lot better than Beta, even if their overall demeanor didn't quite so much. could I be an ENTj? o_O

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
How the fuck is Lelouch anything but a Beta NF?

Apparently most people see me as Alpha NT, which I relate to the most(?). Yet I'm not too sure about that.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How the fuck is Lelouch anything but a Beta NF?

Apparently most people see me as Alpha NT, which I relate to the most(?). Yet I'm not too sure about that.

Because he doesn't Fe but very clearly has Fi as his mobilizing function? Gammas are snarky and sly, especially the NT types. Beta NFs clearly express their feelings. I give you a better response when I get home.

G

garbage

Are you EIE? Because if you are I'd like you to be my boyfriend. I don't care if you're straight or not. You are going to love me and I will make you love me ok?
People peg me as EIE, and I believe them. :thinking:

EIEs are supposed to love people who just go after what they want using sheer force of will (Se), so I guess you technically have a chance :happy2:
*tries to hide her Fe under a rock*
Or behind a shadow, I guess :shrug:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People peg me as EIE, and I believe them. :thinking:

EIEs are supposed to love people who just go after what they want using sheer force of will (Se), so I guess you technically have a chance :happy2:

Or behind a shadow, I guess :shrug:

*hides her Fe in Bologna's shadow*

Mwah! :happy2: